What THEY Dont Tell You

Some things my doctor didnt tell me. This may not apply to all doctors, i only have one experience with 1 person, but it was the worst thing i have done in my life.

If you currently have hair and are actively losing it, a hair transplant is the WORST decision you can make. There is no way that a doctor can transplant into existing miniaturized hair and not damage the your natural hair. The incision sites damage and scar the scalp. Scar tissue forms beneath the scalp surface causing blockage of blood flow not allowing the proper flow to existing follicles. What happens then...any existing hair you have left can become unhealthy and malnourished....or just fall out like mine did exposing the transplanted grafts thats were randomly placed

Lets just use common sense and ask a few questions:

1. If you have been on propecia for many years and it was helping to hold on to the weaker hair, does it make sense to expose your scalp to MAJOR trauma of a surgery and lose all of that retention or gain? NO, IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

2. A major cause of hair loss is reduced blood supply to the hair. Does it make sense to cut a huge slice out of your head near major arteries, severing veins and nerves? NO IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

3. I had a slight receding hairline. Hairlines recede when hairs become miniaturized and eventually the diameter at the shaft becomes so fine its falls out. So HOW could it look natural when you cut out hair follicles in the back of your head where the hair shaft is the largest in the entire scalp, and transplant them in to an area that they are the smallest? IT DOESN'T

What happens when:

1. You are laying in bed and your girlfriend is rubbing that back of your head and says, how did you get this scar from ear to ear? You either have to tell her you had a hair transplant or say you were in a serious accident. If you opt to lie then you have to have to worry about her bringing up that lie to your close friends and family members who know better. If she has half a brain , she is going to figure it out. Hair transplant scars are very unique. Even if she is a little suspect, she can look it up on the internet and become an expert in 15 minutes. She will then probably be suspicious and really examine the rest of your head and see the transplanted hairs since 100% of them are NOT totally undetectable. Even if a cluster of 5 or 6 hairs are noticeable out of 2000, it IS a dead giveaway. Doctors say it is "virtually" undetectable to the "un-trained" eye. So what does it take to have a trained eye. NOTHING, just know what to look for....its not rocket science.

2. You have been in the water and your hair dries and looks like a rats nest.

Here is my life now:

1. I cant go anywhere without hair spraying my hair in a specific way so the transplanted hair doesn't look out of place.

2. When I wake up in the morning the front of my hair looks like I haven't combed my hair in a week. Even with very short hair.

3. I have to worry about being in fluorescent lighting or harsh lighting because the grafts are so thick and dark growing out of my scalp, it totally contrasts with my fair skin.

3. Due to decreased blood flow by the strip cut out and the recipient sites made, the remainder of my natural hair is wilted and wiry, it looks like I am sick.

Edited by usedandabused

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post is useless without pictures and your doctors name. Sorry for your experience, but since you took the time to post, you reall should add this info.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Also, why did you remove your old posts? Several of your old posts were edited by you to just say, "......"

I am interested in your case but there is not much to go on. Your age at transplant and now would help to assess this situation. I noticed that people asked for the same informaition that I did in your previous posts but the answers are no longer there.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

How about pics?

I am pretty sure that you can not be sued for giving an honest evaluation of your proceedure.

I think if he is a hack it is important to this forum. There are many that visit the forum that do not use recommended doctors.

View Spanker's Website

If you have truly been butchered and your ht looks bad, don't buckle under these threats, they wronged you, not the other way round. I will quite happily give the middle finger to the docs that gave me bad transplants, and they are lucky that's all they get from me. (most of them have been banned from practicing medicine anyway)

Your docs name isn't important really, pics would help though, its your head after all, just photoshop your features out.

What happens when you are laying in bed and your girlfriend is rubbing that back of your head and says, how did you get this scar from ear to ear? You either have to tell her you had a hair transplant or say you were in a serious accident. If you opt to lie then you have to have to worry about her bringing up that lie to your close friends and family members who know better.

If you have to lie to your girlfriend about something like that, you should realize you're with the wrong woman.

Your age at transplant and now would help to assess this situation. I noticed that people asked for the same informaition that I did in your previous posts but the answers are no longer there.

According to his profile, he was a 34-year-old Norwood 2 who underwent a procedure with Dr. Jeffrey Epstein. Sounds like bad choices all around.

Not sure that I could say anything bad about a 34 yr old NW2 getting a transplant...I just dont know how a transplant on a NW2 can cause him to go bald. It is confusing.

View Spanker's Website

Why does everyone chit their shorts at the threat of "legal action"?

First, a doctor is highly unlikely to sue you---especially if he's being advised by competent counsel.

Second, if you're not from his state, he's even less likely to sue you because he's not going to want to appear in your state.

Third, if I were a doctor, the last thing I'd want is my testimony and medical records out in public.

I am sorry to hear your story.

Shadow what you are saying is very logical but does mean it goes that way. I personally dont like it when somebody is threatened by the law. I believe ever patients should be allowed to tell his story and ever clinic should also have the same right to defend themselves.

First, a doctor is highly unlikely to sue you---especially if he's being advised by competent counsel.

Second, if you're not from his state, he's even less likely to sue you because he's not going to want to appear in your state.

Third, if I were a doctor, the last thing I'd want is my testimony and medical records out in public.

Competent do you mean honest. When money is involved I know very few lawyer that will refuse any case. All it takes is a lawyer to send a letter to the patients since most doctor know where their patient lives. Once you recieve a letter that threatens to sue you them most people will get scared. Most patients arent rich and dont have to funds to fight it all the way. It never gets to the point in small cases where the patients has the funds and a great case usually most people will settle before hand. Usually in that case everything is confidential and private.

Regardless I wish this guy the best.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Usedandabused,

I am very sorry for your situation.

I guess you are telling the story as a caution to others who are considering HT. Pictures would help people to evaluate and understand the situation better.

At the age of 34 NW2 is not a compelling reason to go for HT, Of course priorities differ from person to person.

But in any case your situation is reminder for everybody to do a thorough research before going for HT especially understanding the worst possibilities of HT and the importance of choosing a right doctor,.

Man, i just found a twin. We are so similar. I feel you buddy, thats exactely what happened to me because i didnt search well and i went to a bad ass doctor who knew how to hypnotize me to accept him. Dont lose hope buddy, get yourself a repair and everything will be fine. Go to fine doctors like rahal, hasson and wong or shapiro medical group..etc. Everything will be ok, the scar will get smaller because of the tri-closure technique and the incisions will be smaller and correctly sized which will lead them to grow all.

I was told one day by my forum friend JOTRONIC, that the reason why our transplanted hair is kinky and wiry, its because the bad handeling of the grafts and I guess that what excately happend to us, but if you get yourself a good repair, you get more denisty and the good grafts will camouflauge the bad work.

I feel your pain usedandabused... Wish you all the luck in your future plan.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

usedandabused, I also feel like your post is exactly like my situation. As my username suggests, I regret doing it.

Now I have this permanent strip scar across the back of my head and a hairline that does not look natural. To anyone who has not had a transplant but is considering it, please think long and hard about it. Don't get it done unless you can handle having a permanent strip scar across the back of your head that will prevent you from ever cutting your hair short.

Below are a series of photos: 1) one of my hair at 1/2" length at the 8 month mark 2) one of my pre surgery condition 3) one of 3 months post-HT showing native hair growing back normally 4) two of my scar area at 8 months post-op after a #3 clip haircut, in very bright daylight 5) one of my scar at 8 months post op (#3 clip) with a little Toppik sprinkled around it, under harsh indoor flourescent light

If what you were saying was true about all HTs no matter who the doctor/clinic then a patient like myself could simply not exist. For the record I had a 4496 graft megasession strip surgery on May 20, 2010. The strip was 30 cm long and 2.5 cm wide in some places!

Name your doctor and upload CLEAR before and after photos if you expect your post to have any real significance. Naming your doctor and showing photos is 10X more important than anything you can write, and the truly educated posters here are aware of this.

When I was researching I was constantly looking for failed HT patients like yourself; it was practically an obsession of mine since being a hardened sceptic by nature inclined me to doubt all the positive stuff I was seeing online about modern HTs. Ironically, the one common theme among the majority of these unhappy patients was that they wanted to blame HTs in general and not the doctor or clinic they went to for the failure of their procedure. They found it very emotionally difficult to consider that they just did not do enough research and chose a sub par doc/clinic, or that their particular physiology was just not conducive to a successful outcome. Instead, they were adamant in the belief that the only fault was that HTs in general will inevitably result in failure because the procedure itself is flawed.

Had I believed them then I would still be half bald today, which would be a travesty due to intentional misinformation.

5b32cc869021d_2-1-2011017.jpg.ee4dceaa914bc4ba6298a29692011f76.jpg

5b32cc869ec20_BuzzcutGrownOut1inch002.jpg.2b3338e0516f85fed592fb228e401649.jpg

5b32cc86b15d2_ES(3months)010.jpg.84472ad005d30b4bdc83f49b17c4cf93.jpg

5b32cc86d09bd_1-26-11noToppik006.jpg.e00ba12bd39e80e91de444feaab5611d.jpg

5b32cc870778d_1-26-11noToppik008.jpg.5d10b594faa38197ace05695901b0a98.jpg

5b32cc8731708_1-26-11withToppik011.jpg.ab81b3186c92a458cf5f4a51420dcef0.jpg

Edited by EpilepticSceptic

Below are a series of photos: 1) one of my hair at 1/2" length at the 8 month mark 2) one of my pre surgery condition 3) one of 3 months post-HT showing native hair growing back normally 4) two of my scar area at 8 months post-op after a #3 clip haircut, in very bright daylight 5) one of my scar at 8 months post op (#3 clip) with a little Toppik sprinkled around it, under harsh indoor flourescent light

If what you were saying was true about all HTs no matter who the doctor/clinic then a patient like myself could simply not exist. For the record I had a 4496 graft megasession strip surgery on May 20, 2010. The strip was 30 cm long and 2.5 cm wide in some places!

Name your doctor and upload CLEAR before and after photos if you expect your post to have any real significance. Naming your doctor and showing photos is 10X more important than anything you can write, and the truly educated posters here are aware of this.

When I was researching I was constantly looking for failed HT patients like yourself; it was practically an obsession of mine since being a hardened sceptic by nature inclined me to doubt all the positive stuff I was seeing online about modern HTs. Ironically, the one common theme among the majority of these unhappy patients was that they wanted to blame HTs in general and not the doctor or clinic they went to for the failure of their procedure. They found it very emotionally difficult to consider that they just did not do enough research and chose a sub par doc/clinic, or that their particular physiology was just not conducive to a successful outcome. Instead, they were adamant in the belief that the only fault was that HTs in general will inevitably result in failure because the procedure itself is flawed.

Had I believed them then I would still be half bald today, which would be a travesty due to intentional misinformation.

Hey

Can I ask you who your doctor is, and where is he located?

thnx

Hi EpilepticSceptic. I have to say your pictures are very impressive, and thanks for posting them. I am doing research myself right now, and my biggest concern is the initial shock loss. After looking at the 3 month post-surgery photo, I was wondering if you could tell me what percentage of hair loss you experienced in the first 3 months right after surgery. Thanks and well done with the outcome. I am sure you are very happy with the results…

Hi EpilepticSceptic. I have to say your pictures are very impressive, and thanks for posting them. I am doing research myself right now, and my biggest concern is the initial shock loss. After looking at the 3 month post-surgery photo, I was wondering if you could tell me what percentage of hair loss you experienced in the first 3 months right after surgery. Thanks and well done with the outcome. I am sure you are very happy with the results…

Here's a link to my blog: Hair Restoration Site for Epileptic Sceptic

Take a look at my 1 and 2 month post-op photos. The shockloss was very bad at first! I was alot more bald than ever before in my life. I had a hat glued to my head at all times and it was frightening to look in the mirror.

By month 3 I was about 80% back to my pre-HT state. By month 4 I was ahead of my pre-HT state.

Thanks for the comment on the quality of my photos. I have been determined to take the most realistic shots in various different lighting because when i was researching I was so frustrated at the poor photo quality on all the members' blogs. I didn't really pay too much attention to the various clinics' posted results because those can be cherry picked and I knew that; so when I found this site and the patient blogs it was like the best thing since sliced bread because these were the "average joe" HT results. But, like I said, the photo quality was pitiful on many of them and hard to judge objectively. For me it took meeting patients in person before I was actually convinced modern HTs could stand up to the hype portrayed on the forums. I was fortunate enough to discover that with the right doc/clinic the results actually did live up to the hype.

To the OP, sorry I did not mean to hijack your thread. If you posted clear photos of your results it would mean more than anything you can say or write here. You say the HT hair sticks out and looks unnatural amongst the native hair; this was one of my biggest concerns pre-HT so I would like to see what it really looks like. I know some that have coarse dark hair might have this problem, but the blend of native to HT hair on my head looks seamless and perfect to my eye and also my girlfriend. I have medium fine hair and I think that helps out alot in this regard.

Edited by EpilepticSceptic

most people who are happy with their result had very unhealthy and very thin hair (if not bald ) to begin with. These are the only people who should even be considered for a transplant. If you can style your hair whatsoever and are the least bit happy with it, DO NOT TAKE THE CHANCE. This industry make the procedure sound sooo easy and non-intrusive. This is one of the worst things you can do to a healthy scalp and healthy hair. Just think about it.....you are cutting a massive chunk out of the intricate blood flow of your head....if you have ever seen the "BODIES" exhibit that show all of the veins, capillaries, and arteries below the scalp surface, you will think twice about all of the damage cutting these does. You are butchering your skin and it might not seem like a big deal at the time because you THINK you will have all this new hair to cover it up, but when you lose more hair, your hair becomes thinner when you are 60, 70 years old, its not so undetectable anymore..and forget about shaving it down, because it WILL BE OBVIOUS. Its 2011 people, no one wants a hairstyle like on all those 80s shows where people are at the roller discos with butterfly collars, gold chains, and hairy chests. If you are young and are the least bit stylish and in shape/active, then dont put yourself in a situation where you are basically F**cked in looking like a freak the rest of your life with rats nest thin hair that you cannot style. The thickness of the hair shaft in the back of your head is not meant to be stuck on the front of your head (if you have a receding hairline), it just plain looks stupid, I know from experience. Im not going to post pictures because i am sick of all of this, it has ruined my life...so if you want to take my word for it, good, if not, then thats fine. I am just trying to help. Its all how you perceive it....if you got a hair transplant and the doctor was up front with you about expectations, then great, but there ARE doctors out there still practicing and certified by the TOP organizations in this industry that have and continue to break every rule in the book by their standards and common ethics. That being said there are some doctors that genuinely care without any ulterior motives. Thank you Dr. Brad Limmer, Dr. Rassman, Dr. Harris, Dr. Cooley, and Dr. Straub. These guys are straight up and really do care.

Its so true about the girlfriends. I told mine and guess what. When we had a fight guess what she posted on Facebook. Ugh... I dumped her after that. My HT was so bad I wish it looked like a rats nest. My hair looks like see through peach fuzz. I totally wish I would have manned up and shaved my head when I was younger. Now I am stuck and the only option is to get a repair.

What do you guys think about Shapiro, Alexander and Cooley?

HT #1 Unknown Butcher (1998)

Total about 1500

-------------------------------------------------------------

HT #2 Dr. Alexander (2011)

687 - Singles

1672 - Doubles

10 - Multis

Total 2369

Rogaine Foam

Nizoral

Proscar