Umar 1500 grafts into hairline

Jb,

At the risk of becoming too personal, I was wondering if you could share some of your original email to Dr. Umar? If not, I completely understand, but the reason I'm asking is because I see two interpretations to his email reply:

1. He may be saying: "We can do a touch up, and then you can find/use a different surgeon."

2. He believes you want to see a different surgeon and he's saying: "We can do a touch up, and then if you don't feel comfortable or would like to review your options, you're more than welcome to investigate/use a different FUE surgeon."

As I'm sure you can tell, one interpretation is "okay" and one may require an explanation.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Doc,

I was wondering if you ever got a chance to look over the pics I sent to you. I wanted to know what your thoughts were on the final outcome. I believe you are the best in the world and that's why I chose you. I just think my hairline looks unnatural and see through. I have no ulterior motive, I don't even want to post on the hair transplant forums to give you first shot. Let me know

Jon Breese

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 7:31 AM, Jon Breese <breesejon@gmail.com>*wrote:

I went and got hair shorter to see if that would help with the see throughness. What do you think doc?

I think this is what Dr Umar meant. If you think he failed on you twice, then it's logical to see another opinion. What's the guarantee that it would be a success on the third pass for the same doctor?

Jb,

At the risk of becoming too personal, I was wondering if you could share some of your original email to Dr. Umar? If not, I completely understand, but the reason I'm asking is because I see two interpretations to his email reply:

1. He may be saying: "We can do a touch up, and then you can find/use a different surgeon."

2. He believes you want to see a different surgeon and he's saying: "We can do a touch up, and then if you don't feel comfortable or would like to review your options, you're more than welcome to investigate/use a different FUE surgeon."

As I'm sure you can tell, one interpretation is "okay" and one may require an explanation.

If you will choose another doc will Dr Umar compensate financially your next surgery? He didn't gave you the results what you hoped for and you need to fix his "failures". 2 years has passed. I think it's not only your responsibility to fix this situation alone. Dr Umar has a part of it because he did the surgery, took from you ~15 000$ i guess.

I think it's quite selfish by the docs to show only good results and silent down bad outcomes. And i believe that people who stop posting in forums their results after surgery didn't got what they hoped for. I'm quite sure that Drew35 who had more than 5000 grafts surgery by Umar didn't got good results. He's last post here was about year ago and we didnt see any outcome.

If I was in your shoes i think i never wouldn't think about FUT procedure. FUE is the way to go because after strip surgery i think you gonna hate you have scar back of your head. It takes oportunity to shave your head in the future if you need to. You are young guy. Think more before having FUT.

I think Dr Rahal is good choice but i myself would choose Dr Keser. In my opinion Keser doesn't rush with the surgery (he does 600-800 grafts per day like i have seen in internet) and all results what i have seen by him have been very good. I haven't found from internet any negative feedback about him. And i think only final results are important (not that you must have fast surgery 2000-3000 graft per single day) because you are going to live with these results rest of your life.

I just in case mention that I haven't had any HT yet. Above are just my feelings about having HT. Btw I'm checking frequently different HT forums last 2-3 years already i think.

4 months in Hawaii and no surfing....that's dedication. Hope you had fun anyway. Ive been there many times for the surf. Beautiful place. I hope all this HT stuff works out for you, and I think this is an important post for the forum. Thanks jbbreese.

Hi all, I just re-read the docs email and I think its pretty clear that he is saying he would do the next procedure but that its "also" ok to consider another doc. In other words he will do it but that he understands if the patient wants to look elsewhere based on 2 tries without success.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Hi all, I just re-read the docs email and I think its pretty clear that he is saying he would do the next procedure but that its "also" ok to consider another doc. In other words he will do it but that he understands if the patient wants to look elsewhere based on 2 tries without success.

Yes of course he is welling do another procedure but will charge money for it.

The way I look at it is that if Dr. Umar thinks the result is satisfactory after 2 procedures (one of them being touch-up) then ppl will know what to expect when they go there and there is no issues.

but if he thinks that the result does not represent his regular work, then at least he should do another touch-up or return some money back to the unsatisfied customer.

JBBreese,

I'm sorry that you did not achieve the desired result from your last procedure with Dr. Umar. I will say however, that I don't interpret the email he sent you that he is claiming you must see another surgeon. If anything, I interpret it that he is willing to provide you with another procedure but that you are free to consult another physician for a second opinion and/or if you choose to.

After you received the email from Dr. Umar, did you contact him again asking for clarification? If so, how did he respond?

As you know, all patients are welcome to share their genuine experiences on our forum good or bad. However, it's our policy to give physicians the right to share their side of the story. Thus, we will be contacting Dr. Umar to provide his input on your results and what he meant in the email he sent you.

In the meantime, I also suggest contacting Dr. Umar, who in my opinion, wasn't claiming you have to see another surgeon, but was giving you the option of going forward on another procedure with him or the option to consult a second physician.

Best wishes,

Bill

dr. umar and I had a miscommunication. He was saying that I could go see another doc if I wanted to. He has offered to go another pass at it free of charge.

Happy to hear this! I really hope you end up achieving the desired outcome. Again, if there is anything we (the moderators) can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

dr. umar and I had a miscommunication. He was saying that I could go see another doc if I wanted to. He has offered to go another pass at it free of charge.

It's good to hear that. These are the ethics we expect from reputable doctors who are recommended here.

Good luck mate. I hope this time will be your last on the chair, and you will be totally satisfied.

Third time and free if charge. Free of charge? This is Outstanding. I wonder how many doctors would do that whenever they faced this. That's a gaurantee and then some. Talk about class act. He clarified and it seems the doc got his patients back and then some. On forums, I have heard of some doctors in similar scenarios either request discounting future procedures or arguing with their patients or returning minimal funds, or stop working with them or possibly legal threats, or other ways to silence, but going to work to make sure he takes care of concerns more than once if he has to for free, is unbeatable in my opinion because that means you keep your word to those that suffer. That's the definition of having someones back.

Just a day ago, there were concerns "if" that was occuring. The doc loves making people understand there should be no doubts about him. Class act and he just shot up with the "customer service" levels after that clarification. Talk about integrity, courage, and passion deserving standing ovation.

This is ethics, this is principle, this is the right value any doc working on a sufferer should have and hopefully everyone agrees to that. To him it'snot about money but to keep his patient satisfied. After analyzing this doc in this public scenario, he gets 5 stars for service in my opinion and I am so glad he came and helped this guy. He cleared the "if he did this" doubts after this.

Glad to hear things worked out within hours and not days and that this was just miscommunication. Glad to see Dr. Umar making everyone aware of his policies and commitment. Jjbreese, you are definately in great hands.

Hello forum members,

This thread in my opinion is a credit to this community. Instead of inflaming anxieties, the responses resulted in JBB contacting me for clarification which I gladly gave. Looking back, my email could have been clearer. It assumed that our past interactions would make obvious the fact that I would be happy to address all concerns to do with the procedure. While I am happy to work on JBB once more, I have no problem having my work reviewed by any physician he might consult. It was my expectation that a 2nd opinion might assuage despair and allay anxieties as we move forward with the solution phase. In any case, thanks to the community, all is well.

Thank you all.

Edited by Dr Umar
modify sentence

Very pleased to see how this situation played out!

Dr. Umar stands behind his work and is committed to his patients ultimate satisfaction. I can attest to that through experience. As a repair patient, with depleted donor and relying on non scalp sources, we have achieved a repair that simply was not possible anywhere else, because no one else could harvest and transplant beard hair and nape hair. As much as I'm improved I've not reached the place where I want to be and have lost patience more than once, but Dr. Umar has assured me he through phone calls and emails that he started this journey with me and will be there till the end. Thats the way he does business. Commitment to your patient is very important in this industry and often overlooked.

Dr. Umar stands behind his work and is committed to his patients ultimate satisfaction. I can attest to that through experience. As a repair patient, with depleted donor and relying on non scalp sources, we have achieved a repair that simply was not possible anywhere else, because no one else could harvest and transplant beard hair and nape hair. As much as I'm improved I've not reached the place where I want to be and have lost patience more than once, but Dr. Umar has assured me he through phone calls and emails that he started this journey with me and will be there till the end. Thats the way he does business. Commitment to your patient is very important in this industry and often overlooked.

That is good to hear. Hopefully JBB can have his situation turned around.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Dr. Umar,

It was a pleasure speaking with you on the phone yesterday. Thanks for clarifying your email and how you stand behind your patients to the community. Hopefully, Jbbreese will get the expected results after this third round.

Jbbreese,

Please do keep this community updated with your progress. :-)

Best wishes,

Bill

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems everyone lost sight on what matters. I don't care if the guy uses an ant eater to suck up hairs at the donor region and a woodpecker to peck them into the recipient area. The doc could have a side gig mixing Acell with coke to sell Acrack for all I care. Just give me a killer flairline. Why are we so highly recommending doctors that do anything less??

Seems everyone lost sight on what matters. I don't care if the guy uses an ant eater to suck up hairs at the donor region and a woodpecker to peck them into the recipient area. The doc could have a side gig mixing Acell with coke to sell Acrack for all I care. Just give me a killer flairline. Why are we so highly recommending doctors that do anything less??

Are you HIGH?????