Umar 1500 grafts into hairline

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jbbreese,

Congratulations on setting a date for your procedure! I'm glad to see you've created a hair loss blog, and I hope you'll keep us updated with your progress. You may want to look into creating a social profile as well?

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

jbbreese,

Congratulations on your upcoming procedure. I look forward to reading all about your experience and seeing your photos.

Feel free also to update your social profile (which everyone has by default when they're a member here) to include your hair loss and restoration story. You can also create blogs, photo albums, videos, and more :-).

Best wishes,

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

you don't look like a freak at all :) i think everything looks good and i like your new designed hairline.

jbbreese - i see you are not on any meds? if you don't then i'm more than happy to see your progress because i'm not on meds too and i'm considering hair transplant. i would like to see how your results turn out. hope you can give us monthly uptades.

happy growth

you don't look like a freak at all :) i think everything looks good and i like your new designed hairline.

jbbreese - i see you are not on any meds? if you don't then i'm more than happy to see your progress because i'm not on meds too and i'm considering hair transplant. i would like to see how your results turn out. hope you can give us monthly uptades.

happy growth

i plan on it, no worries

Well done. Messy post ops, but the work looks solid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

It looks good, but MANY men lose nape hair as they age. I know Dr. Umar thinks nape hair looks best for the hairline, but I think it's foolish to harvest hair that is at risk of being lost.

5b32c99b9872d_herdersonhyundai.jpg.276384e713b261c0d99fb037e4baef35.jpg

here is the two week mark, most hairs have stayed in so far, I hope they will stay in, the pink curve around my hairline is painfully obvious to me however nobody has mentioned it to me which is awesome. I am glad I haven't had to facitiously explain it's a rash, and if further pressed it was a reaction to a "rogaine shampoo". Now, i can expect the hairs to fall out and try to deal with this pinkness as best as possible until hopefully the 3.5 monthish mark.

at the three week mark, redness is subsiding which is great. It helps to put on a baseball hat and lay out get some sun on the rest of your face, also alot of the hairs are coming out which is supposedly totally normal. They need to invent hair transplants that just stay in and dont need to fall out and then come back. ill put up pix at one month...

Jbbreese,

I'm glad to hear your healing well. Please keep the community updated on your ongoing progress!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

jbbreese,

You're right. It's totally normal for those hairs to shed. It is a bummer though, isn't it? Through both of my HT's I managed to hold on to a few of those babies and they continued to grow.

I'll be eight weeks post-op on Monday and I'm still a little pink up top.

Best of luck and continue to keep us updated!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Its time for a new personal icon.

thanks for the deep insight

I created a post in the questions section, but i'll put it here as well. 4 weeks out my redness had all but subsided. I got a nice job promotion in hawaii, so i decided to visit some old college buddies before leaving feeling 100% confident they wouldn't notice. They all said nothing, and we started getting crazy down in Tempe,az. After very heavy drinking, were all wasted one of my buddies starts asking what's that line on your head at around 3am! i book out of the area pass out somewhere and leave the next day with no other comments. now my redness has come back strong and it sucks...

hopefully it'll go away again in a few days...

hey. have you thought to cut your hair very short like you had before the ht. i mean so short like here http://hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=4907&d=1275110751

if i'm gonna have fue one day i think i keep all may hair very short until all transplanted hair start to grow or the pink color has subsided completely. i'm not sure how it looks if rest of the hair are very short but i think the new transplanted area and the native hair area isn't so noticable? or it is? any inf about the guys who had done this way?

• 3 weeks later...

two month mark, ive thought about shaving it, my hair has only grown to prolly a number 6 or 7 on the hair clipper grade scale,

I can see a few little sprouts coming out the iphone pix dont do this justice the redness is unnoticeable im just jonesing for another 4 months to come about

i'll put up pix later iphone not sending pix to gmail acct for some reason.... everything seems on track

I live in the Redondo Beach area and will go to see Dr. Umar to see what he can do for me. I had a transplant about 10 years ago. Does Dr. Umar only do the punches. I have a scar in the back of my noggin that I have to keep my hair kind of long to cover it.

Also, the photos with the blood coming down your face -- OUCH!! :( Makes me nervous to go into all this again. How many punches did he make in your head - looks like a lot but the pics are fuzy to me.:eek:

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealth you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.

Jawaharal Nehru