The truth about hair transplants

regretht

First of all, I sincerely hope that my posts are not blocked like they were on another website. All views on an open forum should be visible to all, not just the pro HT views. My post will not name any doctors, nor will it contain anything that is not true about my experience.

I highly recommend that anyone in their 20s do NOT get a HT. Please read as I explain more about the truth about this horrible procedure as well as my experience. There are many misperceptions about how this whole thing works, trust me. The HT doctors want to keep it this way.

My HT was done by one of the recommended doctors on the network. I find it very upsetting that he has a great reputation. In my opinion, based on my experience, and from what I have heard about other people's experience similar to mine, if doctors like mine represent the ceiling of ethics and morality in this industry, then I think the ethics and morality of this industry is extremely low. I did not like mine for the following reasons:

1. There was NO cosmetic improvement. I had diffuse thinning all over the top of my head and a couple thousand grafts spread over the top of my head did NOTHING to improve my appearance because I have so much native hair. When I told the doctor that I did not notice any improvement about a year to a year and a half after the procedure he acted surprised and replied "It's the second one. After the second one, that's when you really notice a difference." Of course he made it sound like the first one would make a difference before I got my HT. I know that he knew there would be no cosmetic improvement in my case, but he did the procedure anyway because like all the other HT doctors, he loves that $$$$, even if it means ruining someone's life.

So basically I have NEVER been happy with having this procedure. They always make is sound like the next one is the one that will do the trick from what I hear from other patients who got duped into this madness. Now I have permament scarring and can look forward to looking like a FREAK when I lose more native hair (and I will... even on propecia) in the future.

2. Age: I was in my 20s. There are so many reasons that is is wrong to do a patient's first HT when they are in their 20s:

a) Patient is not making decisions based on logic, but on the desperation caused by the freshness of the idea of one day going bald and currently looking different than when the patient had full hair (just very recently.)

b) extent of future hair loss cannot be known since at that age you are at the beginning of your hair loss.

c) People in their 20s are still finding their identity and I would venture to say that people in their 20s looking to get a HT are not on the upper end of the spectrum in terms of maturity. In other words, you will have a dramatically different perspective in your 30s and beyond.

d) Patients... especially in their 20s... have no idea what they are getting into. Once you get your first HT, you are locked in. This cosmetic procedure is not like any other. You can never just relax and be done with it. You will always be thinking "can they see my scar? does my HT look natural? What happens when I lose more native hair and look like a FREAK in the future? Will I need more HTs?... but what happens when I run out of "donor hair," or money?"

e) Even though you are legally an adult, trust me, you are not mature enough in your 20s to make a decision like this. You do NOT KNOW how you will feel in your 30s, 40s, 50s, and beyond. But one thing I can tell you is this... the only thing constant in life is change.

3. I cannot stand the fact that I always feel like I am hiding something. What makes it more ironic is that there was no upside (no cosmetic improvement for reasons stated above.)

4. The way the surgery and the events leading up to the surgery was handled itself: It is common practice for HT doctors (as was true in my case)to do the following: to get you to give them an unrefundable surgery scheduling fee of a couple thousand dollars. Then you take off time from work and spend money on flight and hotel. Then right before the surgery they have you sign all the disclosures to cover their ass. But first right before they do that they give you relaxation medication (so basically you are NOT sober), and while you are on their turf, and while the doctor is sitting with you (so you feel pressured and like you don't have time to really look it over or have friends or family look at the disclosures too) you are asked to sign all the disclosures.

Now why don't they mail you the disclosures BEFORE having you give them unrefundable deposit, having you spend money on flight and hotel, flying out there, and then taking drugs? Why do they have to use a ton of LEVERAGE to get you through the process? You should have the opportunity to review the disclosures SOBER, on your own turf, given ample time (days or weeks) to review those disclosures, show them to friends, family, even an attorney if you want to.

Here's another thing about the disclosures. In them you will read something like this "It may be necessary to have more procedures in the future..." HT doctors count on the fact that we don't know what that really means. We generally think that it means that in order to get the desired thickness or density or look we want, etc. we may need to get more procedures. Here is what it is really covering their ass for: When you lose more native hair (and you will) your HT will become obvious and very detectable, and since you have a very long unsightly scar on your head, shaving or buzzing your head is out. Therefore in order to chase the appearance of not looking like a FREAK, you will have to get more HTs to fill in where there should be hair (and yes you will look like a FREAK when you lose enough native hair, even with follicular units... how I wish I knew that then... but my "doctor" lied to me.)

So bacially the doctors know they have you once you get your first HT. You will keep getting them until you run out of "donor hair" or money. After you run out of money or donor hair, the HT doctors have no more use for you. They have gotten as much money out of you as physically possible. You lose. They win.

Another thing I didn't like about my surgery: The "doctor" didn't place one graft himself. All he did was cut out the flesh from the back of my head and sew it back up. His "technicians" placed every single last graft in my head. They advertise how their artistry and technical mastery, blah, blah, blah. This would make most people believe that the doctor would place the grafts. I did not know until DURING SURGERY that the technicians would place all the grafts. This is also common practice (that the patient does NOT know until they are mid-surgery. Based on consistency of this practice, one can conclude there exists a reason for that and that reason is the HT "doctors" do not want you to know that it will be like this until it is too late and they got you.) I guess I have to rely on the technicians' "artistry." I was a timid 20 something year old. What these people did to me was wrong.. and the "doctor" knows it.

6) I asked the doctor "If I lose more native hair will my HT still look natural." The doctor replied "yes." Now I know that was a lie. That is so wrong. The doctor KNEW that I did not know what I was getting into.

If I can save even one young man from getting his first HT, then maybe my experience has some sort of purpose. Please just buzz or shave your head, learn to accept yourself the way you are, and forget about your hair. I promise you will be so much happier. And true happiness is what life is really all about. If you get a HT, your hair will be on your mind for the rest of your life. Believe me you will not want that.

One last thing: the vast majority of what you will see on the internet is positive on HTs. This might give you the impression that most people are happy with this procedure and the downsides are not that bad and not that common. Do not get fooled into thinking that this means that most people's experience with HTs are good. The main reason for mostly positive stuff on HTs on the internet is $$$$$. HT doctors collectively spend MILLIONS of dollars a year on advertising their sites, which in turns creates their primary or sole source of income. There is no money in telling people not get get HTs, so barely any money (if any) is spent on advertising that HTs are bad.

There was actually a poll done on a site where people were asked if they could go back in time before their first HT, would they still go through with it or would they decide not to go down the HT road. The VAST MAJORITY voted that they wished they never got their first HT. That should tell you something. Now HT supporters and doctors will counter that by saying that it is about choosing the right doctor and the techniques today are so much better, blah, blah, blah. Please don't listen to them. They will always have a response to everything. They are VERY GOOD salespeople... but VERY POOR doctors (do no harm.) Very sad.

Any HT "doctor" that ever gave a young man under the age of 30 (I would actually say 35) their first HT did something extremely morally and ethically wrong and the HT "doctor" KNOWS IT.

regretht,

I'm sorry you obviously regret having your HT. I totally understand the feeling of being sold of bill of goods. But you are painting with some pretty broad strokes. Just because you had a sketchy doc doesn't indict the rest. But I'm glad you shared your experience with us. By the way, who was your doc? If he screwed you up so bad, then what's holding you back from returning the favor?

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I wrote out a very pointed reply to pretty much all of the sophistry and agenda above, but it got lost as I wrote it when this thread switched sections.

So I'll just say that I don't believe you are on a crusade for 20-somethings so much as you are soaring on a magic carpet to self-righteously besmirch the entire concept of the HT and all things associated with it, trying to comfort your own (poor) personal choices.

The reason the vast majority of results on this site are good is because this site cultivates the "best of the best"; if this site cultivated and coddled Armani, Bosley, Joe Hack, and whomever you went to the results posted by patients and clinics alike would not be. It's that simple.

And as an FYI, people in their 20s are sacrificing their lives for their country and your freedoms; are protecting and serving the streets *you* walk on; are putting out fires for other peoples' express safety. I'd love to see you spew your sophistry in the face of one of them and let them know how "immature" and "incapable" they are of making a "logical" decision.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by regretht:

Then right before the surgery they have you sign all the disclosures to cover their ass.

I went to H&W and the ONLY disclosure they had me sign was one stating that *they* guarentee my grafts will grow. I'm only now approaching the 5 month mark & it's nothing short of phenomenal.

Everytime I read a long disgrutnled post like this, two things are always lacking: the name of the dr. & pics. If what you say is true, then the short and skinny is you got butchered (sorry to hear that); but age has nothing to do w/it. You wouldn't be any less miserable being butchered at 35 then you would at 25.

The Truth About HTs:

the vast majority of dr.'s in the field are hacks, but there are a select few (many you can find on this site) who have revolutionized the procedure in but the past 7 years. Such dr.'s, like H&W, have time tested results and have proven themselves over and over again. Don't even just take the HD pictures, videos and testimonials as evidence, use this site and others to talk to patients first hand. That's what I did, and after 2 years of research, I couldn't be happier at this point w/my decision.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.

regretit,

Let's get the administrative stuff out of the way first shall we?

All patients are welcome to share their genuine experiences on our community, good or bad. However, posters with agendas to promote or destroy are in violation of our terms of service.

I'm going to warn you right off the bat - I will suspend you if I see you posting all over the forum trying to sell the concept that all hair transplants are bad. Promoting an agenda using false information (even though you seem to believe it's true) and scare tactics is highly destructive and harmful to our community.

Frankly, I consider this type of posting the equivalent to those who oversell the benefits of a particular procedure or product. In other words...just as blatant promotion isn't tolerated, neither is blatant destruction. Both are deceiving, based on lies, and are harmful to this community.

Whether one has an agenda to promote or destroy based on lies, ultimately, any posters trying to sell harmful agendas will be removed from our community.

Now that we got that out of the way...

It's quite obvious that you are not happy with your hair transplant. Thus, my heart goes out to you since the purpose of hair transplant surgery is to restore both hair and confidence.

How long ago was your procedure? Did you ever express your concerns to your doctor? What was the outcome? You said the physician is recommended by this community. If you'd like to contact me privately and show me your results, I'll be happy to contact your physician on your behalf to assist in coming to an amicable resolution.

But instead of going on a crusade to stop hair transplants (news flash, it won't work), why not consider consulting with a few leading hair restoration physicians to see if anything can be done for you?

I do agree that physicians need to spend time educating prospective patients prior to the procedure. I also agree that nobody should take advantage of the weak spirited. However, you do have to take responsibility for your choices.

Surgical hair restoration is far from perfect. But it's done wonders for many hair loss sufferers and I'm one of them. Sure it took time to research my options and develop realistic goals. It also took 4 procedures to meet my goals due to the degree of initial baldness and additional hair loss as time went on.

I've found that people who are overly dogmatic are much more destructive than helpful. Based on your experience alone, you've concluded that all hair transplants are bad. This is similar to how a woman may declare all men bad because one guy broke her heart. We tend to create and believe lies in order to prevent us (or others) from being hurt again. Ironically, though your motives may indeed be good, you're actually hurting people more than you're helping.

If you want to be helpful, learn and promote not only the drawbacks to hair restoration surgery, but the benefits as well. Well rounded members who understand and discuss the pros and cons facilitate better choices for everyone. Anything less is harmful.

I really do wish you the best personally. But if your agenda is to sell the destructive concept that all hair transplants are bad and spread it all around the forum like a virus, I will be forced to eradicate it.

Best wishes,

Bill

I don't think that this post is particularly destructive - in fact I think it makes a good point. People in their twenties (like myself), considering their first transplant are making a decision based entirely upon emotions. I personally see myself as a mature and (well at least moderately) intelligent person, but my desire for an HT is entirely emotional - nothing particularly rational about it at all.

I'm going through the process of taking the emotions out of it, getting on meds, waiting to see if hair loss stabilises (it has), and choosing carefully by researching docs and weighing up the pro's and cons, saving money, discussing it with loved ones, and yes I buzzed my head to see what it looked like first. I feel like I'm going into the process with my eyes open and with an awareness of the risks and long-term implications. But many people don't! Personally I think that the more warning markers and naysayers there are, the more it forces people to rationalise their decisions.

Regretht thinks that we're all drinking the pro-ht cool-aid so to speak, by overemphasising the positives. I don't think that's true - as this forum is more balanced than that. But it's helpful to have this perspective.

I don't think that this post is particularly destructive

runwithscissors,

You're right...this post in itself isn't destructive because it's contained to a single discussion thread. I'm simply cautioning him from running amuck on the forum promoting his harmful agenda that all hair transplants are bad. Likewise, I would give a similar warning to a member trying to pressure patients who aren't candidates into getting hair transplant surgery. Usually, only disgruntled patients would try to promote the first agenda while hair restoration clinics would attempt to promote the second. Both are attempting to accomplish opposite agendas, but but are equally as destructive.

Let me clarify by saying amongst several of the false beliefs he has about hair transplants, he has made several valid points including the potential dangers of making decisions with haste based strictly on emotion rather than information acquired by careful research.

I truly believe that "regretht" is genuine and dissatisfied with his results and experience. However, rather than peddle a harmful agenda of lies that all hair transplants are bad, hopefully he'll listen to the dedicated members of this community and begin carefully researching options that may help him restore hair and confidence.

Best wishes,

Bill

regretht, you make a good point - it is probably best if don't allow hairloss to bother you. That way you are happy and also richer! To gain more credibility you have to tell us who your doc was and probably share a few pictures of your result. That is what everybody is going to tell you.

------------------------------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Alexander

Getting a hair transplant is also a lot about personal situation. If you are single and in process of dating you would want to look good now rather than when you have lost your peak age. But yes hair transplant done after loosing substantial hair seems to yield much better results rather than transplanting in area which already has enough hair specially without shaving head because you loose more native hair

and doctor cannot see what he is doing neither can you. Its tough to painfully wait for few more years and see your hair loss progresses to being substantial before you should go for HT but I guess thats the right way.

Well, I suppose it's time that I chime in on this discussion.

I disagree with a number of your points regretht. First, if the individual takes it upon himself to do some research, the misconceptions that you speak of are nonexistent. Before I began doing my research I truly believed that even a NW 7 could be restored to a full head of hair, that a strip scar was only an inch or two big, and that the only doctors worth considering were in NYC, Miami, and LA. We must take some responsibility for our actions, and in this day and age, there is no reason why a patient would be misinformed if he cares to learn about the procedure. Second, while I agree that MANY patients, not just 20 year olds, base their decision to undergo a transplant on desperation, making the conclusory statement that all young patients are not mature enough to choose to undergo a procedure is absurd. Third, many of the fears that you are alluding to can be alleviated substantially, or even completely eliminated, if the patient goes the FUE route first. I've posted many times on my belief that young patients should very rarely undergo a strip procedure, read some of those discussions to see why. Fourth, if you were indeed given a mind altering drug prior to signing a disclosure agreement, then I would consult with an attorney specializing in medical malpractice if you so desire. Fifth, citing an unnamed poll provides no credence to your position. For all we know, that poll might have been done on patients who underwent old fashioned plug procedures.

Now, what you say does have some merit. It is important that all viewpoints are expressed on this site, and I am with you 100% that young patients should be EXTREMELY cautious when deciding upon a hair transplant. I have expressed concerns many times on this forum when I see results from "top clinics" that seem to be too aggressive, use too many grafts, take too big of a scar, or fill in a crown on a younger man. For me personally, after having had the opportunity to read responses to questions on this forum and personally correspond with many of the doctors here, I find myself most closely aligned with the philosophies of both Dr. Ron and Dr. Paul Shapiro, Dr. Konior, Dr. Beehner, Dr. Bernstein, Dr. Reed, and a few others that I can't think of off the top of my head. They might have a reputation as being conservative, but I see it as being prudent and appropriate.

I think that there are a number of people who look great now, but, barring hair cloning or a cure, may look quite bad down the road. But, none of that is stopping me from saving up for a HT myself. I have done my research, found the doctors that I agree with philosophically, and will proceed accordingly. I truly do feel bad that you are dissatisfied with your result, but lumping differing physicians, with different philosophies into the same category is nonsensical.

A successful HT is all about doing tons of research, having all the right characteristics (donor quantity/quality, physiology, age, etc)., choosing a very high quality surgeon, and managing your expectations.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

A successful HT is all about doing tons of research, having all the right characteristics (donor quantity/quality, physiology, age, etc)., choosing a very high quality surgeon, and managing your expectations

I will agree 100% with this!

regret,

thanks for posting your story. I appreciate hearing about all different experiences and views pertaining to hair transplants. I think your post was appropriate. I agree that if you started posting on many threads about how HTs are a terrible idea then that would be detrimental to the forum. I think we all know that are thousands of men out there who wish they had never had an HT. Since I started researching I've noticed around five or so guys (in airports, restaurants, etc.) with the tell-tale scar. It was visible because they were sporting the completely shaved look. I guarantee they all wish they had never done it.

I do think a high percentage of guys don't fully understand the lifelong commitment involved with HT's and fighting hairloss in general. The prospect of having more hair and looking better is just too intoxicating and the possible short-term benefits out weigh the long term ramifications.

Hair is such a funny thing. It's very relative. It seems like just a little more hair can make us happy. Many of the final result pictures I've seen I feel the guy would look better by shaving it off becuase it's just too thin and see through or there's too much bald area left that wasn't covered. However, often these guys are very happy because they have more hair than they did before.

As TC17 said:

We must take some responsibility for our actions

Absolutely agree.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

although ur thread does go on and on a bit - i have to agree with some parts of it. Im not sure the age thing highlighted is really that relevant. If ur old enough to drink, drive, vote, have sex, get married then surely ur old enough to decide on whether to have a procedure like an HT done. If u dont do your own research, then it kinda serves your right....i dont believe you would go out and buy a new car without doing plenty of research would u? And like anything, occasionally the results arent what u expected or wanted...and i guess that is sods law - unfortunately.

Now what i do agree with is how bad some of these procedures can turn out, and i am a late 20s guy, who had an HT done back when i was 25....and it was pretty awful to be honest (Nobel Clinic, near gatwick...a proper Stringfellows look alike salesman called Alan). I basically had the beginnings of my temples receding. They did the Op (and i agree, the doctor doesnt do the grafts...which i didnt know). Now several years later, i obviously have some hair there, but its no where near thick enough...and does look a bit stupid. I have to style my hair with products and hairsrapy every day to ensure i cover the areas coz it looks crap. I dont let me girlfriend run her hands through my hair coz its embarassing, and walking out in the wind, or going in the sea on holiday is almost a write off now. All very depressing in a way, but ive learnt to deal with it. Not knowing about all these kinda sites before i went and did this (i just saw the adverts at the back of GQ magazine), i too didnt do enough research...and didnt realise there were all these hillbilly clinics...i learnt the hard way!

I do regularly consider having another one (from a top recommended doctor) to fill in or basically fix what was done before....but i am obviosuly very sceptical after what i went through...and the costs etc etc.

I guess lesson learnt springs to mind (for the both of us)!!!!!!!

I think the OPs post is legitamite and he makes good points. Its nice to read a post that isnt pushing a doctor or just high fiving a doctors results..

I am curious if everyone who is saying 20 year olds are mature for this reason or that reason are actually in their 20's?...I remmeber being told I was "just a kid" when I was about 24 and I was so pissed...now looking back I totally agree with tat statement...I think its in your 30's you mature..

And I think you really mature when you're in your 40's. And 10 years from now I think you really do mature in your 50's....

His post didn't cheerlead for a doctor...so what....it was vile and cheerleaded for every extreme that presides on the other end of the spectrum for pushing an agenda.

And 20 year olds are and can be mature for the reasons already mentioned in this thread; whether someone states these facts happens to be 20 or 40 is irrelevant and detracts from the actual analysis being weighted.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

• 4 months later...

Sorry to dig up such an old thread, but I just wanted to say thanks to the forum for not deleting it. Although "regretht" never followed up after his initial post, I do think some valid points were made that should be heeded. I just wish this patient would have listed the pertinent details of his case so we could all learn from it. What was his donor density, laxity, and how many total grafts does he have available ? And of course, who was his doctor ?

Here's my take on why I think "regretht" was so upset with HTs in general (even today's modern UR FUT) :

1) He was a diffuse thinner in his early 20s when he had 2000 grafts placed throughout his entire scalp. IMO this is probably the worst possible candidate for HT surgery. If he had just been able to do a little research beforehand he should have known that there would be no real cosmetic improvement. And what makes it even worse is that the HT grafts have to be placed too far apart so that when the native hair falls out it will not look natural. Of course, a patient like this will need more surgeries when this happens. But does he have the donor hair available (and laxity) to do it ? Is he heading to Norwood 7 which would only allow a "combover" look in the best case scenario ? Unfortunately it seems we will never know because he refuses to give details.

2) If his doc truly did tell him (while under medication)that the HT hair would look natural when the native hair fell out, then he has a valid point in stating that he was lied to. For a diffuse thinner it seems that once the native hair goes that the HT hair will be placed too far apart to look natural. I really feel sad for the young guys who are diffuse thinners and get HTs in their 20s. Why ? Because if they indeed head to Norwood 6/7 then many of them will only be able to acheive a "combover" look which is really terrible for a young guy these days. The shaved head look is obviously much preferred to a combover.

3) As he stated, there was no upside for him. He obviously has an obsessive, worrier type mentality and that is probably the one thing about him that still has not changed. He foolishly thought that he could use HTs to "conceal" the fact that he was losing his hair. This may be possible for some, but for most the outcome will be a disaster if they are heading for Norwood 6/7 territory. Now the same worrier type mentality is obsessed with hiding the fact that he had a HT, and the future is all gloom and doom because he was probably never a good candidate to begin with. In other words, the same person who obsessed over his hairloss and made a rash decision is now the same person who obsesses over the horrible mistake he made that he wishes he could change. The only thing that doesn't add up about "regretht" is that he still has enough native hair (by his own admission)to hide the fact he is balding and has had HT surgery. Yet he lives in constant worry about being detected and the future. This is the same person who worried himself into a rash decision because he thought he could use HTs to "conceal" his hairloss condition and fool everybody around him. So now he is suffering the consequences of his own obsessive type personality, which ironically is the only thing about him that hasn't changed since his 20s.

HTs are obviously the best for guys who have already experienced the majority of their loss and who are looking for a real transformation; these patients just want to look better and improve their appearence. Also, the best docs are the best when they are recreating a hairline or head of hair with proper density, not planting in between hairs that are doomed to die. IMO it's just a recipe for disaster all the way around the way he had his HT done. He should acknowledge that his own personal decision to do this was a failure because of his cahracteristics, age, expectations, and hairloss pattern. And he should NAME the doctor so that the other party has a chance to respond and state his/her case.

Diffuse thinners are not good candidates for hair transplants because quite frankly those hairs are not very stable to begin with and are at greater risk of permanent shock loss to the donor and/or recipient area. However people with regular heads of hair who are receding are better candidates for hair transplants because they are not diffused and their donor areas can withstand the trauma to the scalp of the surgery itself. However Im sure there are doctors that would take advantage of someone who is young and feeling desperate about their hair loss as everyone in this chat room has felt at some point and go ahead with a procedure knowing full well that the potential patient will keep coming back for more and more. But there are also docs who would candidly tell the patient to wait a while, get on meds and see if the hair loss stabilzes and then take it from there. Personaly speaking, I have seen the good side of hair transplansts and the bad side and now that Im 38, if I were able to do it all over again, I probably would have just shaved my head considering the fact that I was clasified as a diffused thinner to begin with. Mind you this is just personal opinion. Wishing everyone in here much success on their personal hair quest!

I agree with a lot of the points regarding needing to save 20 year olds from themselves. I think there are a lot of 20yr olds on this forum that take a big chance trying to recreate their teenage hairline. In the process they use up a ton of donor hair for a relatively small area in their forehead. Best of luck to all of you that have done this, I personally just think it's too risky.

I had my HT YESTERDAY with Dr. Simmons. The waivers he made me sign gave no representation about the quality of the HT itself. It was all pretty basic stuff, like understanding the risks involved. The HT itself was a very positive experience and I truly felt like Dr. SImmons and his staff "had my back" so to speak and never ever tried to oversell or overhype what the results would be. In fact, it was mostly the opposite in that they made absolutely sure that I had realistic expectations.

In short, I agree with most of the responders in this thread that say if you are a good candidate and you do your homework there's no reason why it should be a very positive thing. All that said, I'm only on Day 1 icon_smile.gif