Official CosmeRNA User Thread

On 6/9/2023 at 5:46 PM, Follicle1984 said:

As anyone got hold of this and used it yet?

I know even if you have its way to early to say much. 

But would be really interesting to know who is using this and what observations you may or may not have. 

Thanks

I just start to use it last week.

I took 1ml on a dropper and apply it to all my scalp. Then I massaged my scalp with golves to limit absorpion of product with my fingers (and so limit losses - it's 380EUR for 6ml lol).

I lost more hair than usual after applying it and massage my scalp (compared to application of minox / fluridil).

I got some sides like no morning wood / penis pain that disapear few days later. I am very sensitive to topical fina even at 0.01% but here with cosmeRNA the sides was very light compared to the ones I have gotten with topical fina or topical Xyon dutasteride. And they disapeared rappidly.

Also, I store the product in a place where the temperature does not exceed 30°C (with summer coming to my house it can happen...)

Edited by arthurSam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) :
ASCE+ HRLV

• Administrators

It’s not the price, it’s the safety. If it works, I’ll gladly pay. Some of those sides like penis pain sound psychosomatic.  

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I just tried my second dose yesterday.  So far I haven't noticed much of anything and I am hypersensitive to most things.  I only have been applying with the plastic tip of the applicator.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Some of those sides like penis pain sound psychosomatic.  

I was sure someone was going to tell me that😅

Edited by arthurSam
  • Thanks 1

ASCE+ HRLV

7 hours ago, arthurSam said:

I just start to use it last week.

I took 1ml on a dropper and apply it to all my scalp. Then I massaged my scalp with golves to limit absorpion of product with my fingers (and so limit losses - it's 380EUR for 6ml lol).

I lost more hair than usual after applying it and massage my scalp (compared to application of minox / fluridil).

I got some sides like no morning wood / penis pain that disapear few days later. I am very sensitive to topical fina even at 0.01% but here with cosmeRNA the sides was very light compared to the ones I have gotten with topical fina or topical Xyon dutasteride. And they disapeared rappidly.

Also, I store the product in a place where the temperature does not exceed 30°C (with summer coming to my house it can happen...)

Is 1 ml  the standard dosage, and is it enough to cover all balding areas?

When you said sides disappeared rapidly, are you referring to the sides from the fin/tdut or from CosmeRna?

thanks

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

It’s not the price, it’s the safety. If it works, I’ll gladly pay. Some of those sides like penis pain sound psychosomatic.  

i agree, but i think a lot of more of us would be willing to experiment with it if it was the price of minoxidil.

i dont think any of us want to pay $300 for a product that gives us sides that we can no longer use. 

3 hours ago, arthurSam said:

I was sure someone was going to tell me that😅

It is very frustating when someone just gets a bias towards drugs.

I use oral minox no issues that does not mean it is safe for others.

To just discount a side as psychosomatic is just wrong.

I never heard of anyone getting psychosomatic penis pain. But we know it can happen from drugs affecting dht or your hormones.

But of course people desperate to have something to save hair come up with this psychosomatic bs.

1 hour ago, hairman22 said:

It is very frustating when someone just gets a bias towards drugs.

I use oral minox no issues that does not mean it is safe for others.

To just discount a side as psychosomatic is just wrong.

I never heard of anyone getting psychosomatic penis pain. But we know it can happen from drugs affecting dht or your hormones.

But of course people desperate to have something to save hair come up with this psychosomatic bs.

on this and any forum, if anyone claims sexual sides, and especially uncommon sexual sides, it is always in the persons  head. bc why would a drug that affect sex horomones cause sexual side effects right?

but in their defense, one of the surgeons at eugenix hair clinic told me that the reason that i was experiencing sides from fin was because i was not thinking positive....so this idea is rampant from the educated medical community to joe schmoe

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, 12345 said:

on this and any forum, if anyone claims sexual sides, and especially uncommon sexual sides, it is always in the persons  head. bc why would a drug that affect sex horomones cause sexual side effects right?

but in their defense, one of the surgeons at eugenix hair clinic told me that the reason that i was experiencing sides from fin was because i was not thinking positive....so this idea is rampant from the educated medical community to joe schmoe

I think both are real and both are possibilities (drug induced side effects vs nocebo induced side effects). 

It can be very difficult to pick the two apart. 

I guess one method to at least attempt to differentiate is to extrapolate from the drugs mechanism if the symptoms fit and correlate in time scale. 

For example, to develop true medically diagnosable gyanecomastia takes time to develop. Yes it's possible from long term 5AR inhibition, but it's not from taking one pill of finasteride. It's physiologically couldn't develop that quickly. Yes you may get earlier warning signs it's happening. 

I think whenever anyone develops a symptoms almost immediately, that rings an alarm bell, for me at least, that there is more chance this COULD be nocebeo effect. However it is no guarantee. 

Just to state, I am someone who does believe all/most anti androgenic compounds could theoretically produce drug induced side effects. Indeed I beleive I have suffered from them (finasteride). I am also however, willing to conceded that the nocebo is a real and documented phenomenon. The mind is a very powerful and not fully understood thing. 

The ED from nocebo is ED nonetheless! The suffering is real either way. 

Edited by Follicle1984
  • Like 3

• Administrators

Placebo and nocebo is real and is evidenced in medical scientific literature. There was a recent study looking at topical finasteride vs. placebo. The side effect profile was very close. That means people who had the placebo we’re experiencing side effects that were similar to topical finasteride, despite taking no drugs. To say side effects don’t exist is foolish. However, to believe every perceived side effect under the sun is legitimate is equally as foolish.

• Like 5

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

26 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

You can ship it from Amazon EU to the US

I wonder how come they have a US website to sell it, but its not on the US amazon website as yet. one would think they would launch it on both markets. where is this company based? korea?

Effectively on the velus vs terminal hair there is a big problem...

• Like 1

ASCE+ HRLV

Yes and also the fact they do not publish the result of the dermatest efficacy... 

A lot of concern here...

Edited by arthurSam
  • Like 3

ASCE+ HRLV

COSMERNA is interesting because of the 2 monthly doses and then 1 monthly.

It should be useful to know if the Side Effects are permanent or if they wear off.

On the other hand, when you have bad sides on Fin, you usually drop it asap and don't keep using it waiting for them to wear off.

I personally had the bad sides of Finasteride 10 to 15 days in, including some side effects that I was not aware of which excluded the nocebo effect for me. I had other sides as soon as two days in, but I guess people will say it was nocebo.

I don't think a month is too soon to say if CosmeRNA has bad sides or not. And claims of bad side effects should be taken seriously. 

• Like 1

Anyone used cosme and got anything noteworthy to report?

I know it's too early to comment on any meaningful results yet as will need 6 to 12 months to draw any meaningful conclusions.

But...any interesting anecdotal findings eg reduction of shedding? I'm not convinced the scalp itch is that useful of a sign one way or the other...but any lack of scalp itch? 

Or...any notable side effects? Libido? Erections? Nipple issues? Mood or cognitive issues? I know the nocebo effect may play a role here but...its worth people logging what's going on.

Edited by Follicle1984

Negative!  Still same old same old for me!  I'm on month 7 from my hair transplant, still light in my crown area but I've done 2 doses of CosmeRNA without sides. So far haven't noticed any crazy results thus far.

12 hours ago, 12345 said:

im getting the feeling that this will be a bust. just too many red flags with this. a $300 bust. 

Why do you say that? It's way too early to say. You need about 6 to 12 months, really 24 for good measure, to know if a treatment is truly working. People have only been using it about 2 months tops. 

If it just maintained I'd be happy.