Official CosmeRNA User Thread

• Administrators

Alright guys,

This is the official thread for CosmeRNA and everything related. For those of you in Europe. I’d appreciate you guys who purchase it share your review here. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Bloody hell, it costs an arm and a leg! Makes me think that it is better to use that boodle for a hair transplant. I do hope that the price comes down.

Edited by Heisenberg

Anyone know if this is definitely 100% legal and OK to buy from the UK? From an import point of view I mean.

At the moment it seems to be available from one site which I'm guessing is based somewhere in Europe and sells it euros.

I am aware from articles:

"Bioneer announced on the 2nd that it has recently completed product registration with SCPN (Submit a Cosmetic Product Notification, British Cosmetics Certification Portal) following CPNP registration (Cosmetic Products Notification Portal, European cosmetic certification portal) at the end of last year.

SCPN registration is a necessary procedure for the distribution and sale of cosmetics in the UK, and requirements such as the mandatory designation of a Responsible Person (RP) in the UK and the evaluation of product safety by a qualified person in the UK strict."

From this above it would seem likely the product should get through customs just fine as its all above board and legally approved here. 

2 hours ago, Follicle1984 said:

Anyone know if this is definitely 100% legal and OK to buy from the UK? From an import point of view I mean.

At the moment it seems to be available from one site which I'm guessing is based somewhere in Europe and sells it euros.

I am aware from articles:

"Bioneer announced on the 2nd that it has recently completed product registration with SCPN (Submit a Cosmetic Product Notification, British Cosmetics Certification Portal) following CPNP registration (Cosmetic Products Notification Portal, European cosmetic certification portal) at the end of last year.

SCPN registration is a necessary procedure for the distribution and sale of cosmetics in the UK, and requirements such as the mandatory designation of a Responsible Person (RP) in the UK and the evaluation of product safety by a qualified person in the UK strict."

From this above it would seem likely the product should get through customs just fine as its all above board and legally approved here. 

I've ordered oral min from grey market pharmacies to the UK and even that is legal so long as it is for personal use. Never had a problem with customs. They won't care about a cosmeceutical.

51 minutes ago, MissMyLongHair said:

I've ordered oral min from grey market pharmacies to the UK and even that is legal so long as it is for personal use. Never had a problem with customs. They won't care about a cosmeceutical.

Where did you get the oral min from?

8 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Alright guys,

This is the official thread for CosmeRNA and everything related. For those of you in Europe. I’d appreciate you guys who purchase it share your review here. 

You can buy this in the US too cosmerna.com

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RecycleBin said:

I really hope this isn't another topical treatment where you apply it and pray it doesn't go systemic. 

This is just how I feel too currently.

Such a small study to base safety and efficacy upon.

Tbh Im tempted to wait for 3 to 6 months and see how others more willing and eager get on with it. Wouldn't be great if it did cause systemic issues afew months in. If it did, i would rather have taken fin or dut and at least know much more about those drugs and the likely time course of recovery. Would all be a bit of an unknown if it happened with cosme. 

Although one would really hope its safe if sold as a cosmetic. 

The only issues I fear waiting a while is the nocebo effect clouding the waters.

Edited by Follicle1984
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, RecycleBin said:

I really hope this isn't another topical treatment where you apply it and pray it doesn't go systemic. 

its the gamble, any user will have to take. but I think if it does go systemic, effects will be felt in days, not months 

• Administrators

Every drug has its ups and downs. There’s nothing in life without risk, its all about minimizing risks. Most industry leaders believe the drug will be safe. But that doesn’t mean it will be side effect free. The only way to fully be side effect free is to accept baldness, shave your head and do nothing. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Every drug has its ups and downs. There’s nothing in life without risk, its all about minimizing risks. Most industry leaders believe the drug will be safe. But that doesn’t mean it will be side effect free. The only way to fully be side effect free is to accept baldness, shave your head and do nothing. 

Not going to argue with that statement. Very true.

It's just tough I guess for those people hit badly with finasteride/5AR side effects, not to worry about anything which messes with androgen signalling at some level along the pathway (including the AR). I know you had sides too. It's great you've found the courage to try the topical dut and that its working for you...I salute you for that. Indeed your efforts and bloods may give me the courage to try it for myself if xyon ever comes to the UK 🙏 

Like you said also...it would just be nice to have had a little more data about cosmerna and how they propose it should not cause systemic anti androgenic side effects. I know they state there were non...but it was a very small study. If there was a proposed mechanism at play to reduce or prevent systemic absorption (like fluradil being hydrophobic and degrading in water, or topical dut having a higher molecular weight, or even the whole siloxy absoption system, or an ultra low dose locally as with dut mesotherapy)... then Great...but I've not seen a proposed mechanism with cosme. So I presume it's just a concentration dependent thing like we've discussed before. That they hope the drug will be most active on the scalp and the effects will be mostly localised there. This would obviously fit that they first tried a lower concentration...being cautious incase it went systemic. As you could argue why not use a 10mg dose every week if 5mg worked well? It suggests they MAY actually be worried this would cause systemic antiandrogenic sides.

Would have been nice if they measured serum concentration of their cosmerna...not sure they did that did they?

Anyway...ultimately time will tell here. In 6 to 12 months we should all have a better idea :) those who use this product will become the testers. Its just a shame as this will never give results which cannot be quite heavily biased and skewed. So ultimately it may be, as with everything here...people just need to give it a go...or not. I presume even if androgen receptors are knocked down for a while where we dont want them to be they will replenish with time anyway if the drug is stopped...hence the need for ongoing doses of cosme!

Edited by Follicle1984
  • Like 2

• Administrators
3 hours ago, SoSoz said:

Maybe we should not call it a drug as it is classified as a cosmetic product.

It’s definitely a drug, they bypassed some regulatory measures by classifying it as a cosmetic product. 

• Like 1
  • Well Done 1

View my thread

• Administrators
On 5/3/2023 at 4:37 PM, Fox243 said:

You can buy this in the US too cosmerna.com

Is it legit though? I was considering having some friends in the UK buy it then ship it to me. 

View my thread

Will be following this closely. Did a little looking into it last night and due to the method of action it would be VERY bad if it went systemic. But in a way that may be a good sign as I can't imagine they would be releasing this if they thought there was any potential for it to target androgen receptors anywhere besides where they want to target them. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Is it legit though? I was considering having some friends in the UK buy it then ship it to me. 

Yeah, there's no reason to go through all the work if you can just ship it to the US directly.

On 5/5/2023 at 5:53 AM, SoSoz said:

Maybe we should not call it a drug as it is classified as a cosmetic product.

These drugs are short sequences of RNA that attach to mRNA and stop a particular gene from producing the protein for which it encodes. Antisense drugs are being developed to treat lung cancer, diabetes and diseases such as arthritis and asthma with a major inflammatory component.

• Well Done 1

Does anyone know is cosmerna is going to be creating a page on amazon UK as I've kept reading about? 

Still a little unsure if it's likely to encounter problems coming through customs here if its ordered in from Europe. Its so new and although supposedly a cosmetical and ive read its been cleared, it clearly could be interpreted as more than just a cosmetic product.

I've emailed them afew times and had nothing back. I emailed their site when it was still up and coming and had nothing back. Get a big fat zero for customer services. Literally non existent at this moment in time. Very annoying.

Edited by Follicle1984

3 hours ago, Follicle1984 said:

Does anyone know is cosmerna is going to be creating a page on amazon UK as I've kept reading about? 

Still a little unsure if it's likely to encounter problems coming through customs here if its ordered in from Europe. Its so new and although supposedly a cosmetical and ive read its been cleared, it clearly could be interpreted as more than just a cosmetic product.

I've emailed them afew times and had nothing back. I emailed their site when it was still up and coming and had nothing back. Get a big fat zero for customer services. Literally non existent at this moment in time. Very annoying.

I don't think so for the time being as it feels like they're generating as much rev as they could right now and avoiding distributor fees. Also, you have to understand that thousands of people came to their website in the span of a few days, your e-mail is one of thousands, so its an administrative nightmare.