Eugenix - January 2023 - 5300 grafts

46 minutes ago, Shadman said:

@abrorkhasanov your current pictures are definitely looking better than those pictures that you posted previously. It looks like after a month you’ll have noticeable difference. BTW you’re looking great after buzzing your head. 

Double that. Buzzed hair cut looks good on you and the recipient skin looks clean. Few can pull it off after a transplant.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys.

Was gone from the forum for a minute for many reasons some very personal and some hair related.

I am approaching 7 month now. I have been buzzing my hair weekly whole summer as I was enjoying the buzz look than whatever the state of my hair was before. I have been growing it since end of July and understand it's only a month basically, so hair is not longer obviously, but will be honest, the way it looks at the moment is unfortunately is crap and I'm genuinely disliking how thin and badly my hair currently looks.

I have spoke to Dr.Sethi directly when he was in London mid July and he told to just keep growing it out and not to worry. I have also raised my concern to the care team and they said the same thing, that the hair can't be judged until its grown longer to create illusion of density (which I understand), however, the hairline is is sparse, it's uneven, I have empty row behind it on one of the side, and in the middle, literally have tiny gaps and density not to be seen anywhere close to what everyone else got at Eugenix (bear in mind I am talking only about front part of the head). The only ever time when hair looks remotely ok is basically under no light whatsoever. Any light (I am not even talking about bright sunlight, just a normal cloudy day) I basically look like an eagle nest.

I am uploading pictures that I took today, you can make your own mind and provide commentary as always. I will be growing it out now either way, as I got into accident last week and now gonna have a scar on top of my head, which makes me buzzing not even option for a while, so will have to deal with whatever it is on my head and see how it goes.

Apologies for sounding so down, but it's the reality for me atm.

IMG_6449.JPG

IMG_6439.JPG

IMG_6448.JPG

IMG_6446.JPG

IMG_6444.JPG

IMG_6423.JPG

IMG_6422.JPG

IMG_6388.JPG

IMG_6398.JPG

IMG_6380.JPG

IMG_6356.JPG

IMG_6337.JPG

IMG_6319.JPG

IMG_6304.JPG

Edited by abrorkhasanov
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, abrorkhasanov said:

Hey guys.

Was gone from the forum for a minute for many reasons some very personal and some hair related.

I am approaching 7 month now. I have been buzzing my hair weekly whole summer as I was enjoying the buzz look than whatever the state of my hair was before. I have been growing it since end of July and understand it's only a month basically, so hair is not longer obviously, but will be honest, the way it looks at the moment is unfortunately is crap and I'm genuinely disliking how thin and badly my hair currently looks.

I have spoke to Dr.Sethi directly when he was in London mid July and he told to just keep growing it out and not to worry. I have also raised my concern to the care team and they said the same thing, that the hair can't be judged until its grown longer to create illusion of density (which I understand), however, the hairline is is sparse, it's uneven, I have empty row behind it on one of the side, and in the middle, literally have tiny gaps and density not to be seen anywhere close to what everyone else got at Eugenix (bear in mind I am talking only about front part of the head). The only ever time when hair looks remotely ok is basically under no light whatsoever. Any light (I am not even talking about bright sunlight, just a normal cloudy day) I basically look like an eagle nest.

I am uploading pictures that I took today, you can make your own mind and provide commentary as always. I will be growing it out now either way, as I got into accident last week and now gonna have a scar on top of my head, which makes me buzzing not even option for a while, so will have to deal with whatever it is on my head and see how it goes.

Apologies for sounding so down, but it's the reality for me atm.

IMG_6449.JPG

IMG_6439.JPG

IMG_6448.JPG

IMG_6446.JPG

IMG_6444.JPG

IMG_6423.JPG

IMG_6422.JPG

IMG_6388.JPG

IMG_6398.JPG

IMG_6380.JPG

IMG_6356.JPG

IMG_6337.JPG

IMG_6319.JPG

IMG_6304.JPG

Hello, I understand what you're actually going through. But I think gradually your hair density, quality would be much better. It'll be thicker than how it used to be. I know waiting phase is the worst phase but please be hopeful. 

23 hours ago, Shadman said:

Hello, I understand what you're actually going through. But I think gradually your hair density, quality would be much better. It'll be thicker than how it used to be. I know waiting phase is the worst phase but please be hopeful. 

I am doing my best, but seeing my hair look so bad, it’s difficult. I will see how it will grow over next months, will have to endure the thin look, but if the matter won’t be improve, I will have to have a serious dialogue with the clinic unfortunately. 

atm it feels like I paid a lot of money to look like I’m losing my hair and trying to hold on to it.

Edited by abrorkhasanov

• Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear about your injury - hope all is well mate. 

I think you’ve made life a little trickier for yourself by continuing to buzz down. The first 3/4/5 months of a HT are tricky because among all the other things going on, HT usually don’t look great at shorter lengths (at least not after a single session). 

By now you should have fairly long hair and a better appreciation of the results, coverage and whether you might want or need a second pass. Buzzing down means you’ve delayed getting through that first few months. So you’ve just gotta stick it out for a few more months now and let it grow. I’d give it 6 months of continuous growth and see where you’re at. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the update!

I hope you ok after the accident, sad you got a scar now on top of your head, hope it's not much visible after it's heal completely.

As @Berba11 said, you need to stop buzzing your hair and let it grow for at-least six months.

At the moment hair doesn't look great but you still have five more months so let's be hopeful.

Are you in touch with Dr.Sethi?

Best wishes!

Edited by Rawkerboi
  • Like 1

Sorry to see this pal. It doesn't look good - there might be some improvement in the coming months but it looks bleak 

I think you looked great in the photo immediately post op , maybe you could get SMP and buzz it right down

• Valued Contributor

Also just to add… pictures 6, 8 & 10 hint at a potentially very decent result once the hair hits the sweet spot for length. It’s not going to be really dense because you’ve covered a lot of scalp with an upper-medium amount of grafts, but it could well look very natural & provide a nice aesthetic. 

The other pictures are made a lot worse by harsh indoor lighting directly above. Ultimately without more length no one can say for sure how well this will pan out but I’m seeing signs to be positive about in the more neutral lighting photos. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2023 at 11:31 AM, Berba11 said:

Sorry to hear about your injury - hope all is well mate. 

I think you’ve made life a little trickier for yourself by continuing to buzz down. The first 3/4/5 months of a HT are tricky because among all the other things going on, HT usually don’t look great at shorter lengths (at least not after a single session). 

By now you should have fairly long hair and a better appreciation of the results, coverage and whether you might want or need a second pass. Buzzing down means you’ve delayed getting through that first few months. So you’ve just gotta stick it out for a few more months now and let it grow. I’d give it 6 months of continuous growth and see where you’re at. 

Thanks mate, got hit by a surf board on the head, but fortunately, all healing now.

I agree on the not-cutting part, but I had so many public events that summer, that tidy and neat was the only option and a buzz cut gave it to me.

I will keep growing it either way now, however, my genuine concern is that I am approaching month 7 and the hairline considering it was the densest packed area (as it should be) looks thin,pluggy, and just plain empty in some areas. Even if i'm cutting it, I would still expect the planted hair to be there, but it don't look like it at all.

I also did a biopsy of the scalp and blood work and that came out fine.

3 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Also just to add… pictures 6, 8 & 10 hint at a potentially very decent result once the hair hits the sweet spot for length. It’s not going to be really dense because you’ve covered a lot of scalp with an upper-medium amount of grafts, but it could well look very natural & provide a nice aesthetic. 

The other pictures are made a lot worse by harsh indoor lighting directly above. Ultimately without more length no one can say for sure how well this will pan out but I’m seeing signs to be positive about in the more neutral lighting photos. 

The thing about the light part, I agree, but even without the "direct above light", I live in London where it's mostly just cloudy and trust me, when I say, when no sun in sight and all you have is greyscale in the air and I see my reflection all I see is that giant bald patch right in the middle, it's devastating. Funny enough, my crown is actually filling up way nicer and feels actually denser than my hairline.

Anyhow, I will see how it goes, I will try not to stay in a negative space or spread it out here either, I'm just feeling disappointed, especially in comparison to everyone else results, that's all.

3 hours ago, Spring15 said:

Sorry to see this pal. It doesn't look good - there might be some improvement in the coming months but it looks bleak 

I think you looked great in the photo immediately post op , maybe you could get SMP and buzz it right down

Yeah, I even said as much in my early posts, If I can keep the hair that I had post-op, I would be a very happy man. SMP was always an option afterwards, but now I have to see how the scar heals and deal with that aspect, plus have to discuss with the clinic if things don't improve down the line.

4 hours ago, Rawkerboi said:

Thanks for the update!

I hope you ok after the accident, sad you got a scar now on top of your head, hope it's not much visible after it's heal completely.

As @Berba11 said, you need to stop buzzing your hair and let it grow for at-least six months.

At the moment hair doesn't look great but you still have five more months so let's be hopeful.

Are you in touch with Dr.Sethi?

Best wishes!

I only spoke to him when he was in London and he told me all shall be well and that's it. The support team, expressed the same message, obviously, I am frustrated, but who wouldn't be, I will stop shaving and keep growing and hope for the best.

Either way, thank you all.

• Valued Contributor
18 hours ago, abrorkhasanov said:

I will keep growing it either way now, however, my genuine concern is that I am approaching month 7 and the hairline considering it was the densest packed area (as it should be) looks thin,pluggy, and just plain empty in some areas. Even if i'm cutting it, I would still expect the planted hair to be there, but it don't look like it at all.

Couple of things to bear in mind; as hair starts to grow out, it tends to try and move towards other hairs and combine. HT's are not as dense as native density and that that movement of hair is important to create coverage. Some of what you're seeing with you hair at this length is hairs desperately trying to find some friends to move towards, and because the hair is really short that exposes gaps more so than with length. Some of the gappiness will be accounted for by hairs moving in different directions towards other hairs.  I'm not arguing that you definitely won't need a second pass - only that at this length and with only 5,300 grafts to cover a lot of scalp, things will be a bit more exposed than in many other smaller HT surgeries.

If I buzzed my hair down you might be surprised at how similar my frontal third looks to yours. There will be gaps that aren't so noticeable with my hair grown out. Under harsh lighting or with wet hair or at an unfavourable angle etc, I too have weak spots that could do with addressing further in the future but otherwise aren't noticeable to 99% of people.

I did read back through your thread to familiarise myself with some of the planning and did read that they hadn't discussed the prospects of needing a second surgery with you to really bring the result up. To get full coverage on a NW7 almost always requires two passes and there's two different ways to approach it. One is to do what Zoomster, Gatsby and yourself did which is to cover the whole scalp with as many grafts as possible for overall coverage, and then to go back into those areas on a second sitting to add density and bring up lagging areas. The other approach is what John did by focusing on one section at a time, more densely packed. That should have been discussed with you really so that your expectations were managed and that you knew what the plan was beyond this surgery.

• Like 1

You were a slick-bald NW7 and you're at 7 months. I get it, but you really have to be patient. Your transplant has a long way to go and lots of growing and maturing before being unhappy with your results. 

• Like 2

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

@abrorkhasanov I’m sorry to see that you didn’t have a good HT result. I would keep on following up with them if I were you. I’m also planning to have a HT and like you, I’m high NW as well. I have been reading a lot of reviews from patients who are high NW and who had done their HT with Eugenix and most if not all the reviews I have read had great outcome even on their 6 months mark. You mentioned that you’re already in the 7th month and it seems the results is underwhelming. Of those reviews that had good results, @Eugenix Hair Sciencesalways has a “thank you for your update” reply to the OP, it’s sad that with result like yours I didn’t see them reply after you showed your discontent and poor results. I’ll reiterate it again, keep asking them for an update or any advice on what they can do about it. I am also interested in their reply to cases like yours because as a high NW, they are one of those who had great results with them so I was also considering them along with Dr. Pittella and Dr. Zarev. Depending on their reply to you or if they continue to ignore you, that would make my decision easier by narrowing my choice between dr. Pittella and dr. Zarev.
Again sorry to hear your situation. Can you remind me if you are taking medication or took meds before and after the HT?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2023 at 12:47 PM, Berba11 said:

Couple of things to bear in mind; as hair starts to grow out, it tends to try and move towards other hairs and combine. HT's are not as dense as native density and that that movement of hair is important to create coverage. Some of what you're seeing with you hair at this length is hairs desperately trying to find some friends to move towards, and because the hair is really short that exposes gaps more so than with length. Some of the gappiness will be accounted for by hairs moving in different directions towards other hairs.  I'm not arguing that you definitely won't need a second pass - only that at this length and with only 5,300 grafts to cover a lot of scalp, things will be a bit more exposed than in many other smaller HT surgeries.

If I buzzed my hair down you might be surprised at how similar my frontal third looks to yours. There will be gaps that aren't so noticeable with my hair grown out. Under harsh lighting or with wet hair or at an unfavourable angle etc, I too have weak spots that could do with addressing further in the future but otherwise aren't noticeable to 99% of people.

I did read back through your thread to familiarise myself with some of the planning and did read that they hadn't discussed the prospects of needing a second surgery with you to really bring the result up. To get full coverage on a NW7 almost always requires two passes and there's two different ways to approach it. One is to do what Zoomster, Gatsby and yourself did which is to cover the whole scalp with as many grafts as possible for overall coverage, and then to go back into those areas on a second sitting to add density and bring up lagging areas. The other approach is what John did by focusing on one section at a time, more densely packed. That should have been discussed with you really so that your expectations were managed and that you knew what the plan was beyond this surgery.

Sorry, life took over and forgot to reply. I do see your point about harsh lighting obviously and I think I wrote it even early that I had realistic expectations on what can be achieved, but a denser hairline is a thing I thought is a must because it's the front that gives you the look of full hair not the back, but my front is so thin and see through, it's annoying as hell.

As for planning, nope, nothing was discussed with me. I had in total about 2 hours from the moment my hairline was drawn to make a decision about and go to the procedure. True story.

On 8/24/2023 at 1:05 PM, hairthere said:

You were a slick-bald NW7 and you're at 7 months. I get it, but you really have to be patient. Your transplant has a long way to go and lots of growing and maturing before being unhappy with your results. 

That's why I kept myself off the forum and did not post updates, because I did not want to be negative about how I feel, but I would like to believe, I am allowed to feel unhappy and self-consious considering my current state of hair affects my overall look and express in a fair manner.

On 8/28/2023 at 11:02 PM, Mr. Clean said:

@abrorkhasanov I’m sorry to see that you didn’t have a good HT result. I would keep on following up with them if I were you. I’m also planning to have a HT and like you, I’m high NW as well. I have been reading a lot of reviews from patients who are high NW and who had done their HT with Eugenix and most if not all the reviews I have read had great outcome even on their 6 months mark. You mentioned that you’re already in the 7th month and it seems the results is underwhelming. Of those reviews that had good results, @Eugenix Hair Sciencesalways has a “thank you for your update” reply to the OP, it’s sad that with result like yours I didn’t see them reply after you showed your discontent and poor results. I’ll reiterate it again, keep asking them for an update or any advice on what they can do about it. I am also interested in their reply to cases like yours because as a high NW, they are one of those who had great results with them so I was also considering them along with Dr. Pittella and Dr. Zarev. Depending on their reply to you or if they continue to ignore you, that would make my decision easier by narrowing my choice between dr. Pittella and dr. Zarev.
Again sorry to hear your situation. Can you remind me if you are taking medication or took meds before and after the HT?

I have been lurking on the forum for a while and was between @Eugenix Hair Sciences and Dr. Pitella and at the point when I made the decision, few factors played the role for Eugenix

1. A lot of members and results were on the forum and most spoke well of the clinic and Melvin himself went there for a procedure.(though bear in mind price package will play a role on the comfort part). 

2. At that point Dr. Pitella did not have many cases on the forum and well respectfully to him, I don't really trust instagram HT if that makes sense, but I did go through constellation with him and was also told between 5-6k grafts to achieve coverage. Dr. Pradeep on our first consultation said 5k and it will be perfect, maybe if he did the surgery then it would be, but I couldn't afford that. 

As for meds, I was on Finasteride because I was told it's needed for best result by Eugenix, I tried it ages ago went hair loss started and unfortunately had side effects, that appeared over time. This time I tried to build up the dose slowly, but had to quit last week as unfortunately side fully came back, so now I'm screwed cuz the hair might shed and not even come back, but I'm waiting to hear from Eugenix on that.

I'm one of those unlucky ones. I am considering now to jump on low dose oral minoxidil to maybe kick off the process. I was a great responder to topical minor when I was younger, but got lazy and then it destroyed my hair lol.

Here's month 8 update with loads of pictures as always. (bear in mind, some of them are with literal light upon the head and the other does not have any light above it)

As per everyones recommendation, I have been growing out my hair and I am attempting to style it closer to how it seems to be planted, no more side comb basically. Longer hair does provide a slight more visual coverage, but the same problems persist unfortunately. 

I am still very much a walking bald spot lol, the hairline is not dense and easily see through (and no, I am not talking about harsh lighting here)I am talking about most of general light that is literally everywhere in all kind of weather. Crown is actually ok, quietly growing lol and scar is healing nicely, it might look dope once buzzed.

My left temple basically does not grow and it's just some individual hair strands lol, my hairline corner doesn't event connect lool. My right temple is great though. But my hairline is 100% not even and now I noticed it, I keep laughing at my decision to do this.

Oh as mentioned in the reply above, I had to stop fin, sides came back with a vengeance haha. So I am very afraid of the shed. I am considering starting oral minoxidil (low dose for now). Dr. Pradeep said I should start topical minoxidil, but I already went through topical minoxidil before and don't want to go through that again, rather just take low dose pill to hit all hair.

IMG_6691.thumb.JPG.ac08991669aa1bcef96814b24158fd5a.JPGIMG_6730.thumb.JPG.80b6f41b97e8dbc13c720c5cd62aeaf8.JPGIMG_6751.thumb.JPG.cc7c449fa0836e0cba55c5d81d9a6ad3.JPGIMG_6754.thumb.JPG.0d344c62b6bc6f394865768dcfecce20.JPGIMG_6760.thumb.JPG.d3dfa3ae2bae980eef80af349098c8ec.JPGIMG_6761.thumb.JPG.4bd413b995d71df79d4da2b795509c75.JPGIMG_6769.thumb.JPG.6c00bbeb66b5f7464ddae64c1c42fe9f.JPGIMG_6771.thumb.JPG.baaf50794bff0cad96d95c78cc86c5ad.JPGIMG_6787.thumb.JPG.8ba8940e21a9ba4109659bbfbd52fddf.JPGIMG_6790.thumb.JPG.854f576dc28bee75c4675f2e90124fba.JPGIMG_6792.thumb.JPG.f55af07bfb971d752e55934c993f59a4.JPGIMG_6794.thumb.JPG.7dd34517bcf524b5634e8e065fedcc54.JPGIMG_6797.thumb.JPG.f2dbff515ac1795ff02a68a793249f7d.JPGIMG_6802.thumb.JPG.4b547fd4224f23523606b2ac68358cfd.JPGIMG_6804.thumb.JPG.13954cdac6b19df0aec3008f875a9fa0.JPGIMG_6805.thumb.JPG.5e2f069c0faa2aa33c459dc8473c69da.JPGIMG_6806.thumb.JPG.18620f85ad7e086fb0e5a82569434da5.JPGIMG_6812.thumb.JPG.8fa9733a3576b37be47fc5b356aa84ec.JPGIMG_6818.thumb.JPG.1a083eaf4a7376cd054e4b932f73a20b.JPGI will keep hair growing and give it the full 12 month mark before I shall start dealing with the resolution on the matter (hopefully all shall be well in 4 months) doubtful though. But as it stands, I am genuinely disappointed, but oh well.

What's the line, you hope "do it once and do it right", am I right?

IMG_6750.JPG

Thank you for updating. 

Well unfortunately it's not looking great. I mean with over 5k grafts I would  expect some decent coverage but things are not looking good at the moment.

Still four months left and I am keeping my finger crossed. 

It's unfortunate you had sides from Finasteride, things would have been bit different had you been on Finasteride. 

What's your next plan? Is Eugenix willing to provide you another HT?

Please do discuss with them

51 minutes ago, Rawkerboi said:

Thank you for updating. 

Well unfortunately it's not looking great. I mean with over 5k grafts I would  expect some decent coverage but things are not looking good at the moment.

Still four months left and I am keeping my finger crossed. 

It's unfortunate you had sides from Finasteride, things would have been bit different had you been on Finasteride. 

What's your next plan? Is Eugenix willing to provide you another HT?

Please do discuss with them

I just saw Stewie post his results and he’s under 5k grafts and the result looks amazing, so not sure what happened with me tbf, I even did scalp biopsy and it didn’t show anything. 

I don’t know what my next plan is, I had limited donor in the first place (thus going to Eugenix) so not many grafts left now really which sucks. Eugenix, atm only saying that everything is normal and not worry, let it grow, and I will never get real density, it’s all illusion, when all I have is just see through hair and a bald spot right in the middle.
Second surgery has not been discussed, I was just told to sit and wait.

I jumped off fin only last week, what you see in the pictures is with Fin, so didn’t really do much either tbh. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, abrorkhasanov said:

Here's month 8 update with loads of pictures as always. (bear in mind, some of them are with literal light upon the head and the other does not have any light above it)

As per everyones recommendation, I have been growing out my hair and I am attempting to style it closer to how it seems to be planted, no more side comb basically. Longer hair does provide a slight more visual coverage, but the same problems persist unfortunately. 

I am still very much a walking bald spot lol, the hairline is not dense and easily see through (and no, I am not talking about harsh lighting here)I am talking about most of general light that is literally everywhere in all kind of weather. Crown is actually ok, quietly growing lol and scar is healing nicely, it might look dope once buzzed.

My left temple basically does not grow and it's just some individual hair strands lol, my hairline corner doesn't event connect lool. My right temple is great though. But my hairline is 100% not even and now I noticed it, I keep laughing at my decision to do this.

Oh as mentioned in the reply above, I had to stop fin, sides came back with a vengeance haha. So I am very afraid of the shed. I am considering starting oral minoxidil (low dose for now). Dr. Pradeep said I should start topical minoxidil, but I already went through topical minoxidil before and don't want to go through that again, rather just take low dose pill to hit all hair.

IMG_6691.thumb.JPG.ac08991669aa1bcef96814b24158fd5a.JPGIMG_6730.thumb.JPG.80b6f41b97e8dbc13c720c5cd62aeaf8.JPGIMG_6751.thumb.JPG.cc7c449fa0836e0cba55c5d81d9a6ad3.JPGIMG_6754.thumb.JPG.0d344c62b6bc6f394865768dcfecce20.JPGIMG_6760.thumb.JPG.d3dfa3ae2bae980eef80af349098c8ec.JPGIMG_6761.thumb.JPG.4bd413b995d71df79d4da2b795509c75.JPGIMG_6769.thumb.JPG.6c00bbeb66b5f7464ddae64c1c42fe9f.JPGIMG_6771.thumb.JPG.baaf50794bff0cad96d95c78cc86c5ad.JPGIMG_6787.thumb.JPG.8ba8940e21a9ba4109659bbfbd52fddf.JPGIMG_6790.thumb.JPG.854f576dc28bee75c4675f2e90124fba.JPGIMG_6792.thumb.JPG.f55af07bfb971d752e55934c993f59a4.JPGIMG_6794.thumb.JPG.7dd34517bcf524b5634e8e065fedcc54.JPGIMG_6797.thumb.JPG.f2dbff515ac1795ff02a68a793249f7d.JPGIMG_6802.thumb.JPG.4b547fd4224f23523606b2ac68358cfd.JPGIMG_6804.thumb.JPG.13954cdac6b19df0aec3008f875a9fa0.JPGIMG_6805.thumb.JPG.5e2f069c0faa2aa33c459dc8473c69da.JPGIMG_6806.thumb.JPG.18620f85ad7e086fb0e5a82569434da5.JPGIMG_6812.thumb.JPG.8fa9733a3576b37be47fc5b356aa84ec.JPGIMG_6818.thumb.JPG.1a083eaf4a7376cd054e4b932f73a20b.JPGI will keep hair growing and give it the full 12 month mark before I shall start dealing with the resolution on the matter (hopefully all shall be well in 4 months) doubtful though. But as it stands, I am genuinely disappointed, but oh well.

What's the line, you hope "do it once and do it right", am I right?

IMG_6750.JPG

Oh man, sorry for your results so far. Your donor area doesn`t look in best shape after the surgery either, looks overarvested. It might get better in the next 4 months and you have to stay positive.

• Administrators

Can you try to get on low-dose fin/min. It would certainly improve your situation. I think 5,300 grafts for the area covered was always gonna look thin. That area requires double for density.

IMG_8899.jpeg

I’m impressed they covered the entire scalp with 5,300 grafts. But if you do the math, that area was probably 200-250 cm2. You need at least 45 grafts per cm2 to get “illusion” of density. That means you would need 9,000-11,250 grafts in that area to get an “illusion” of density. It would still look thin with short hair, even with those numbers. You need to grow it out a lot more than you have. It looks like its less than an inch on top. You need at least 3 inches to start layering. Also, looks like 1,100 grafts are beard grafts, which means its single hair grafts. You didn’t have a lot of hair placed in that area.

That said, you will need another surgery to add density without a doubt. Were you counseled on this? 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

that's unfortunate, for that many grafts you would think there would be a lot more coverage. I've seen another user with the same baldness with 1000 more grafts implanted with unbelievable results from Dr. Das ( Gabriel, 6200 grafts ). I do think there has been a bit of an improvement from month 7. Goodluck with the next 4 months.

I would not despair mate, I had two surgeries at a local clinic to have a combined 6000 grafts and was probably in this state (I am slightly more bald than you as your sides are higher) and then only earlier this year when having 4500 again from Eugenix has it started to come good, yes Eugenix are great but also it was not that the first place did it wrong, more that your hair is similar to mine and its never going to cut it with one pass, tbh I probably need one last pass on my mid scalp but lets see

Your left temple has lost some grafts for sure but won't take many to correct!

But for what you have had done its looking good, its all growing etc, but I do agree with your assessment, and I never attempted to grow mine until this recent surgery because I was in the same boat as you and I don't think I would of been happy having a very thin mop on my head, but with another pass you will be in a really good place for sure :)

Edited by Stewie

On 9/5/2023 at 7:39 PM, abrorkhasanov said:

Sorry, life took over and forgot to reply. I do see your point about harsh lighting obviously and I think I wrote it even early that I had realistic expectations on what can be achieved, but a denser hairline is a thing I thought is a must because it's the front that gives you the look of full hair not the back, but my front is so thin and see through, it's annoying as hell.

As for planning, nope, nothing was discussed with me. I had in total about 2 hours from the moment my hairline was drawn to make a decision about and go to the procedure. True story.

That's why I kept myself off the forum and did not post updates, because I did not want to be negative about how I feel, but I would like to believe, I am allowed to feel unhappy and self-consious considering my current state of hair affects my overall look and express in a fair manner.

I have been lurking on the forum for a while and was between @Eugenix Hair Sciences and Dr. Pitella and at the point when I made the decision, few factors played the role for Eugenix

1. A lot of members and results were on the forum and most spoke well of the clinic and Melvin himself went there for a procedure.(though bear in mind price package will play a role on the comfort part). 

2. At that point Dr. Pitella did not have many cases on the forum and well respectfully to him, I don't really trust instagram HT if that makes sense, but I did go through constellation with him and was also told between 5-6k grafts to achieve coverage. Dr. Pradeep on our first consultation said 5k and it will be perfect, maybe if he did the surgery then it would be, but I couldn't afford that. 

As for meds, I was on Finasteride because I was told it's needed for best result by Eugenix, I tried it ages ago went hair loss started and unfortunately had side effects, that appeared over time. This time I tried to build up the dose slowly, but had to quit last week as unfortunately side fully came back, so now I'm screwed cuz the hair might shed and not even come back, but I'm waiting to hear from Eugenix on that.

I'm one of those unlucky ones. I am considering now to jump on low dose oral minoxidil to maybe kick off the process. I was a great responder to topical minor when I was younger, but got lazy and then it destroyed my hair lol.

Thank you for your reply, do you mind to share what side effects you had? 

You only have 4 months to go for the one year result, like what you mentioned I agree with you to just wait for that period and ask Eugenix what they advice by that time. If they will give you some compensation or discount for the second pass you might as well take it. If they do ask you to pay a full payment, i would look for a second option. You also mentioned you already had a consultation with Dr. Pitella in the past so might as well try to go with him. I had seen plenty of good results and reviews of him coming out in this forum lately and they have been quite impressive. 

I wish you all the best @abrorkhasanov and I’m glad that you find it funny and not being too hard on yourself.