Eugenix - January 2023 - 5300 grafts

• Valued Contributor
25 minutes ago, abrorkhasanov said:

Hey guys!

Minor update and question/opinion needed.

Had 2 washes (one with eugenix technique from the video) that did not do much and second from some other video I saw on the forum. 

And personally feeling nervous with how it’s currently looking as scabs not falling out and head feels dry even though I was spraying it every hour.  I feel that I did something wrong, as the implanted grafts looked perfect and now I feel with rivers and dryness I made it somehow worse or I’m just imagining things in my head and panicking.

can someone chip in? Would much appreciate it 

243BC0E0-8769-43EE-AA33-364FE6081A1F.jpeg

F65A4E09-FFAA-4DAF-B0B9-8E67C75908DD.jpeg

89E1F5C9-B6C5-411F-B397-6DFEB2694C15.jpeg

CF1F09C5-2841-41AB-8077-843632F660DB.jpeg

EF9A25A2-1E91-4BE3-8290-B31A556C8620.jpeg

80C1727C-82EB-4E87-8ADD-CB8ECA90A2E9.jpeg

C9EEE0F3-BBD3-47AA-A7F4-9CA9DDE84CFC.jpeg

10EBC318-B5D7-4866-81C2-C3E47A3B1F00.jpeg

All looks completely fine and normal mate. 

Most people are always very cautious with the scab removal on the first attempt, and therefore usually don’t get very far!

What I did is soak a load of gauze, place it over the recipient area and continue to wet it. Leave it like that for a good 20-30 minutes plus and keep topping up with moisture. It will allow the moisture to soften up the scabbing and they will come off much easier. But there’s no major rush. Ultimately the scabs will go when they’re ready, which can often be longer than 7 days. 

But there’s no reason to be concerned - I have photos from the same stage that look exactly like what you have. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

What day are you at now @abrorkhasanov? Are you soaking the scabbed area in mild baby shampoo and letting it sit in?

Today is day 8 and yes baby shampoo, 20 min to soak in and then tried to massage the scabs away carefully. I don’t think any grafts came out when I did, but just looking at how it looks now, it’s somehow looking sparse vs how it was when implanted.

9 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

All looks completely fine and normal mate. 

Most people are always very cautious with the scab removal on the first attempt, and therefore usually don’t get very far!

What I did is soak a load of gauze, place it over the recipient area and continue to wet it. Leave it like that for a good 20-30 minutes plus and keep topping up with moisture. It will allow the moisture to soften up the scabbing and they will come off much easier. But there’s no major rush. Ultimately the scabs will go when they’re ready, which can often be longer than 7 days. 

But there’s no reason to be concerned - I have photos from the same stage that look exactly like what you have. 

So did you use the gauze before the shampoo or with the shampoo? I will not rush then, just more worried that I did something wrong to the grafts more than anything.

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, abrorkhasanov said:

So did you use the gauze before the shampoo or with the shampoo? I will not rush then, just more worried that I did something wrong to the grafts more than anything.

Bit of a mix. Wet the gauze & froth it up with some baby shampoo and apply to the recipient area. Then keep spraying it to keep it wet and just let it all soak in. 

After a good 30 mins or so of doing that, things will soften up and you’ll be able to use the gauze to massage the scabs. They might not all come off, but you’ll find you dont have to be quite a gentle as you think. Some hairs will break off - that’s fine, they’re going to shed - the graft is fully anchored and secure. If you’re still not having any luck then you’re probably being too gentle, which is also pretty common!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Bit of a mix. Wet the gauze & froth it up with some baby shampoo and apply to the recipient area. Then keep spraying it to keep it wet and just let it all soak in. 

After a good 30 mins or so of doing that, things will soften up and you’ll be able to use the gauze to massage the scabs. They might not all come off, but you’ll find you dont have to be quite a gentle as you think. Some hairs will break off - that’s fine, they’re going to shed - the graft is fully anchored and secure. If you’re still not having any luck then you’re probably being too gentle, which is also pretty common!

Understood, will do it today, might be not enough moisture when doing the soaking! Much appreciate the advise.

Honestly just feeling nervous, because everything was looking super good up until this moment lol

• Valued Contributor
45 minutes ago, abrorkhasanov said:

Understood, will do it today, might be not enough moisture when doing the soaking! Much appreciate the advise.

Honestly just feeling nervous, because everything was looking super good up until this moment lol

Yea that’s the process unfortunately - the first 10 days post-op are a bit brutal, and then it’s 4 months of ugly duckling to follow 😅

Day 10 Update:

After early panic of scabs not going away, they are fortunately now are all gone. (Greatly appreciate @Berba11for the gauge tip, that worked beautifully)

Transplanted hair looks great, fingers crossed they will grow in equally nice.

Donor zone has recovered from perspective of pain and redness at least, however, it's looking fairly sparse, I was obviously aware that should have been expected with how poor my zone was, but can I it will fill in a bit later on (hope oral minox and fin help with that a bit also)

Apart from that very happy with the progress, will most definitely shave the back with a guard as soon as I can lol.

IMG_5525.jpg

IMG_5526.jpg

IMG_5527.jpg

IMG_5529.jpg

IMG_5531.jpg

IMG_5530.jpg

IMG_5524.jpg

IMG_5532.jpg

• Like 4

Day 21 update: uploading same time as per @Eugenix Hair Sciences request to keep equal records on all fronts haha

Shedding just slightly started, growth is certainly going, in the front the most as that’s where more grafts are, I presume.

Temples are fascinating, as the left temple shed a lot, whilst the right one staying strong.

Crown still looks okay to me.

Donor zone: still recovering actually, but looking better and I made a decision to trim it with a machine and fortunately so far looks good to me!

That’s it for now! Let me know what you guys think!

8B59A82C-1EA3-472F-8AB4-B2A0C9DBB3F6.jpeg

0A11A527-179F-46AC-B43F-A55609765000.jpeg

96E9F53B-8906-4700-8A46-F6E4AE52742F.jpeg

EF94B6FD-4176-48DD-90AD-2EDC4694C2FA.jpeg

5F3B8D4E-C81E-445D-BA42-C7509D3C3482.jpeg

5B842C95-19B8-4A07-BBD6-3964D7D404DE.jpeg

2D063924-031C-42C2-959E-C3ABC840C22B.jpeg

4DB8826A-A81E-4C7E-90A6-0602644BCF47.jpeg

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

You've keep quite a lot of the hair so far. You probably won't shed too much more now, which means a lot of that hair will just continue to grow and you could potentially see quite a dramatic result quite early around the 3-4 month mark. Everything looks awesome at this stage, and the donor is bouncing back pretty fast, too!

• Like 1

I always find myself flicking from one page to another to see how the progress looks compared to pre-op so I had to put these photos together and it's amazing how different and good it looks already at 21 days! I'm due to go to Eugenix on the 9th February for my op and seeing things like this give me hope to calm my nerves!

image.thumb.jpeg.a4eae03edac028c04e532b2629562bb8.jpeg

Well done and good luck as it progresses! :)

• Like 1

Hi everyone! 

It's been exactly 4 weeks since my surgery, so wanted to add another update!

Firstly, thank you for commentary and positive feedback + outlook, as always they are much appreciated!

Secondly, I probably should have shut up about barely shedding haha, because since my post, the shedding has increase and oh boy am I shedding. For obvious reason, I was almost immediately concerned since it came incredibly fast, so I took pictures and sent to @Eugenix Hair Sciences, but they have said that everything is looking normal and as it should be, which put it me at easy, so as always shoutout to the them for prompt response and support!

So as it stands now, I have lost/shed a good chunk of hair, I have slight concerns on the hairline as some of the hair that fell out, I can only see red bump and no hair in it as it was before (plus overall now the redness is more visual) and some of the hair the fell was with bulbs, but I am not sure if that's ok (attaching pictures for an opinion lol) the clinic said that is completely fine.

I am unfortunately getting some folliculitis in the crown area, but I presume that is due to beard grafts mixed in. 

Also funny enough, whilst I was taking a picture, literally I saw 1 hair break from my temple and just leave a red spot, which was new for me, so I presume that it was not a shed and that unfortunately it did not stay there.

Either way, this is how everything stands atm, all pictures below, I will buzz hair my donor hair again today as don't like as right side look fairly sparse.

P.S. Apart from 1 picture, all other ones are now with an additional light (which I installed specifically to be able to get more accurate pictures)

P.S.s. I believe that my onset of increased shedding due to topical finasteride properly kicking in, I am doing it eod, so hopefully it will stabilise.

Let me know what you guys think!

Top view.jpg

Front.jpg

Hair Line Close-Up.jpg

Left side.jpg

Right side.jpg

Right Temple.jpg

back.JPG

no light.jpgimage.thumb.jpeg.c0723a6a30234e0ce8063cf6b0b6e245.jpeg

Edited by abrorkhasanov

You had yours done same place and almost same day as me - and our progress has been almost identical. I've also had a bit of shedding the last few days having held on to it until then. I'm not sure about the bulbs, I haven't lost any as far as I've noticed. Hopefully someone else will chip in regarding that

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

For the donor after my first procedure (and maybe even for my current one) I sued avocado oil. I found it to be very soothing for the donor area. It's a game of patience now (I'm at two weeks post op). The best really is to keep yourself busy. I work crazy hours (60-70 hours a week) and it helps to keep the focus of the hair (and helps pay for it too 😉). Wishing you all the best @abrorkhasanov! 👍

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2023 at 7:25 AM, abrorkhasanov said:

Can anyone recommend a cream they used for donor area? I’ve still got redness and would like to try assist in recovery

Hey looking well mate …you won’t go wrong with either avocado oil or organic aloe Vera gel to help sooth and assist donor recovery ..no point judging a donor site recovery until at least 3 months in my opinion. ..you’ll cause yourself needless angst evaluating donor before this time ..something I’ve been guilty of also .

good luck with everything..

On 2/8/2023 at 11:23 PM, Reecee said:

You had yours done same place and almost same day as me - and our progress has been almost identical. I've also had a bit of shedding the last few days having held on to it until then. I'm not sure about the bulbs, I haven't lost any as far as I've noticed. Hopefully someone else will chip in regarding that

Oh really? How's your recovery going? Wishing you well on it mate!

On 2/9/2023 at 2:19 AM, Gatsby said:

For the donor after my first procedure (and maybe even for my current one) I sued avocado oil. I found it to be very soothing for the donor area. It's a game of patience now (I'm at two weeks post op). The best really is to keep yourself busy. I work crazy hours (60-70 hours a week) and it helps to keep the focus of the hair (and helps pay for it too 😉). Wishing you all the best @abrorkhasanov! 👍

Thanks for the tip, I might add it to the protocol, also added some warm compresses and my friend suggest Bepanthen cream for children, he used on his donor, so currently using that! Otherwise, I have indeed started to just keep myself busy and letting things take their own course, as I had to stop myself overthinking it all, which was so unhealthy.

Your results look absolutely stunning though, so happy for you man!

• Thanks 1