Eugenix - January 2023 - 5300 grafts

8 hours ago, Zinedine said:

Love to see Eugenix taking on these amazing adventures as your case is really challenging ... So far all looks really good... now it's time to be patient... keep bringing those updates... thanks for sharing : )

Thanks mate! Yes, my case not the easiest one for sure, that is why I went with Eugenix, but time will tell if I made the right choice haha, so far staying positive and optimistic.

4 hours ago, Zoomster said:

Hey looking well mate …you won’t go wrong with either avocado oil or organic aloe Vera gel to help sooth and assist donor recovery ..no point judging a donor site recovery until at least 3 months in my opinion. ..you’ll cause yourself needless angst evaluating donor before this time ..something I’ve been guilty of also .

good luck with everything..

Mate!! You're one of the reasons why I event went with Eugenix haha, I am hoping getting at least partially to your level.

Noted on the oils, since you and Gatsby mentioned it, I might indeed add it to the protocol.

And yes, I stopped overall evaluating anything for now, after few bad days of being worried about god damn bulbs on a hair, I had to take a step back and take a minute, so now I'm just taking vitamins, doing my topicals and letting life take it's course!

Your results are amazing though! Congratulations!!

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 5:51 PM, abrorkhasanov said:

Oh really? How's your recovery going? Wishing you well on it mate!

Thanks. Going well so far, but like you it's early days. I seem to have lost the redness quite quick. Picture is at 4 weeks

IMG_0858.JPG

On 1/16/2023 at 5:21 PM, abrorkhasanov said:

Day 10 Update:

After early panic of scabs not going away, they are fortunately now are all gone. (Greatly appreciate @Berba11for the gauge tip, that worked beautifully)

Transplanted hair looks great, fingers crossed they will grow in equally nice.

Donor zone has recovered from perspective of pain and redness at least, however, it's looking fairly sparse, I was obviously aware that should have been expected with how poor my zone was, but can I it will fill in a bit later on (hope oral minox and fin help with that a bit also)

Apart from that very happy with the progress, will most definitely shave the back with a guard as soon as I can lol.

IMG_5525.jpg

IMG_5526.jpg

IMG_5527.jpg

IMG_5529.jpg

IMG_5531.jpg

IMG_5530.jpg

IMG_5524.jpg

IMG_5532.jpg

Looks good. You are about a week ahead of me with the same no grafts and same place.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

As before posting day 47 update at the same time as sending to Eugenix.

Shedding has reduced, donor still a bit reddish not that visible on the photo and pimples still coming here and there. But apart from all good!

Also if anyone interested this is how my head looks currently with a buzz shave 1mm!

P.s. kindly ignore AirPods as I used them to take the pictures haha

3021B9BE-A95C-4D19-92B4-43CD40BA98D9.jpeg

F95A6056-E8CD-4BAC-8A04-98D2E35FA2E1.jpeg

17E8B83E-56B2-4FBA-9376-B388A4BBF444.jpeg

4DEEF1A0-B4B2-4DC8-928E-022D516C51EA.jpeg

CACF4F89-9D77-4F2B-8BD0-7E8AE57B9741.jpeg

1F4B19A4-80BB-4D37-AC55-92058CBB3681.jpeg

A08AEA34-87D7-4E56-85ED-4083B158400C.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hair4Days said:

Was this the only game plan eugenix wanted to do?  I’m curious as to how it would look if you didn’t graft the crown at all considering your lateral humps and crown do drop. Just curious

I apologies, I don’t necessarily understand the question? What do you mean lateral humps and crown drop?

Thanks 

Edited by abrorkhasanov

Your lateral humps are the upper sides of your donor. When they drop, that’s when you classify someone Norwood 7. Along with the loss in the crown dropping deeper into the donor area and widening. I circled the areas that I’m referring to. Not saying what they did was wrong, but I’m curious if eugenix mentioned an any alternative game plans such as rebuilding the first half first, including the lateral humps, and then working back towards the crown as much as possible. But what it looks like they did in your situation was work front to back mainly on the top of the scalp while those thinning areas underneath will still need work once your grafts grow out. I’m wondering how that will look compared to the alternative i just  stated about loading the front half first and leaving the crown for the second procedure.  

the reason i ask this is because i can see my laterals also thinning a bit and I’m wondering if it would be wiser to include them in the restoration as you work front to back, or disregard them and stretch the grafts out in a more narrow pattern reaching the crown 

9C39BA27-24EF-4789-A02F-3A55B92C7592.jpeg

3459A44B-44B9-475A-8273-0FBD52628E85.jpeg

Edited by Hair4Days
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2023 at 12:56 PM, Hair4Days said:

Your lateral humps are the upper sides of your donor. When they drop, that’s when you classify someone Norwood 7. Along with the loss in the crown dropping deeper into the donor area and widening. I circled the areas that I’m referring to. Not saying what they did was wrong, but I’m curious if eugenix mentioned an any alternative game plans such as rebuilding the first half first, including the lateral humps, and then working back towards the crown as much as possible. But what it looks like they did in your situation was work front to back mainly on the top of the scalp while those thinning areas underneath will still need work once your grafts grow out. I’m wondering how that will look compared to the alternative i just  stated about loading the front half first and leaving the crown for the second procedure.  

the reason i ask this is because i can see my laterals also thinning a bit and I’m wondering if it would be wiser to include them in the restoration as you work front to back, or disregard them and stretch the grafts out in a more narrow pattern reaching the crown 

9C39BA27-24EF-4789-A02F-3A55B92C7592.jpeg

3459A44B-44B9-475A-8273-0FBD52628E85.jpeg

Hey man, apologies for never replying, had very hectic few weeks!

I’m not gonna lie, what you have mentioned was not even discussed or even thought of!
I told Dr. Das that I’m looking for framing and coverage, I also said that I’m not concerned about a high hairline lol, so she drew up her plan, I looked at it, I thought about it and I liked it and we went ahead, also during surgery she said, that I actually might regrow a bit of crown if I go on meds as I have hair there, so that also came into play.  If you look at my post wash the overall the coverage is very nice and if I can get that back imma be happy tbh. 

Hope I am making sense lol

Hey guys! As always posting update same time as I am sending photos to Eugenix!

2 months in! Wow time does fly. So how am I feeling? Pretty good tbh, I have cut donor hair, still reddish in places, can see extraction empty spots here and there in between hair haha, but again, it’s early days, hopefully it will bounce back further with recovery!

As for the hair itself, shedding pretty much minimised, obv get some hair here and there during shower, but nothing major. The beard hair stayed strong I believe, and overall some of the hair is growing, but one thing for sure, stopping worrying about it falling and what not , and just let time take its course has been the most helpful.

also question are we okay to trim the hair itself? I wanna buzz it, but kind of afraid lol

Anyhow photos attached (also took under flash for full horror and details haha)

as always all feedback is most welcomed!!

AF8C68A7-DFAF-45E9-97EF-B1C39FFCB2DA.jpeg

3CCE8527-CBF7-4540-ADCC-1E16EE4B58A9.jpeg

403F8A10-4FF4-4B84-9DA9-15982D6DF0D0.jpeg

296604A7-6981-4323-851A-C29911401C1C.jpeg

738EE02D-1AC1-4E11-8B6E-37923936A3F5.jpeg

148F2A24-D981-456F-845D-4A3975ECFE25.jpeg

32802888-87C4-4BD3-B781-2765D8DBA051.jpeg

6EF27BA3-E87E-4B83-AD09-0C06C8A0FBD9.jpeg

4FC6C81A-F457-4268-813D-EB7A8DF3A2F8.jpeg

6B9E536F-9421-4765-B999-A39EE61FF164.jpeg

12DD4DDD-B226-4808-8AE2-6D67E5FE71C4.jpeg

78392336-B63A-4856-BD51-D6C3310049D9.jpeg

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Bro, this is awesome for 2 months!!

I would reach out to the clinic to get their thoughts on whether or not they recommend trimming it. Each clinic is different and has their own instructions. Some clinics don’t have a problem with it at all and some don’t recommend trimming it until 6 months. Always follow your clinic’s post-op instructions, though.

17 hours ago, abrorkhasanov said:

but one thing for sure, stopping worrying about it falling and what not , and just let time take its course has been the most helpful.

👆🏻This is the way.

Trust the process and just let your body do it’s thing.

You’re off to a really great start!

• Valued Contributor

Hi mate - you’ll be fine to trim it. Use a plastic guard on the buzzer though just to be a little more cautious and gentle on the scalp. You won’t hurt the grafts, but you’ll want as little irritation on the scalp as possible in the early months just to let everything heal & settle. Redness, spots etc are all pretty common at this stage so a plastic guard will offer a little bit of protection when buzzing down. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Almost month 3 update, but as I'm planning to get a haircut for the first time and will be slightly busy, decided to take pictures today, don't think extra 2 days will make a difference haha.

Shedding pretty much stop, not sure if there's anything to shed (joking). Nothing major to report tbh, hairline is actually more prominent now, which I'm obviously happy about, plus it grew a bit more, so I was able to comb it over, which looks good!

Midscalp still waiting to join the party and when the sun shines bright the head is obviously bald haha! The crown is still ok, with no major changes personally.

I did not cut my donor since last update, so overall it's getting there, less redness finally, sides sparsity slightly concerns me, but overall not that of a problem atm.

In any case, photos are here (with light and without light same place as always, for consistency and record purposes), please do let me know your thoughts, How Am I Looking For Month 3? :D

IMG_2276.JPG

IMG_2261.JPG

IMG_2255.JPG

IMG_2243.JPG

IMG_2225.JPG

IMG_2218.JPG

IMG_2208.JPG

IMG_2195.JPG

IMG_2182.JPG

IMG_2174.JPG

IMG_2163.JPG

IMG_2152.JPG

IMG_2137.JPG

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Berba11 said:

You’ve keep a lot of hair by this stage so by month 5 & 6 this should already be looking pretty epic!

Thanks, I hope it will be, even though I’m high key worried now, as I have started topical fin closer to a month post surgery, which I thought was okay, but now I don’t think it was, based on the feedback I got it. So I’m hoping I did not do any damage and ruined my potential outcome.

Any experience guys, could you chip in with your thoughts?

• Valued Contributor
49 minutes ago, abrorkhasanov said:

Thanks, I hope it will be, even though I’m high key worried now, as I have started topical fin closer to a month post surgery, which I thought was okay, but now I don’t think it was, based on the feedback I got it. So I’m hoping I did not do any damage and ruined my potential outcome.

Any experience guys, could you chip in with your thoughts?

The grafts are secure after 7 days. Applying topical finasteride wouldn’t do any harm after a month or so of surgery. 

Nothing to worry about and everything looks perfectly on track. 

• 1 month later...

Hey guys!!

Month 4 update is here, unfortunately not as exciting as some other truly astonishing month 4 that I have seen around these blocks haha.

I buzzed my head to a 0.5 end of month 3, so the growth is almost from base 0. Unfortunately don’t have clear buzz look photos, but also fortunately it looked very descent, so was happy with that. Nevertheless, here are month 4 pictures, as always looking forward to your feedback.

9C1B1BB5-C5C5-4D43-B1DB-24C4D3A0ABA0.jpeg

8A0D3228-3EE3-475D-8E7A-4DBA94D1D227.jpeg

79E58232-E531-4986-8D88-1E4F40485E76.jpeg

0FDFA7D7-2766-46E3-B75C-4F9872F08E60.jpeg

0E1F059F-D165-4D44-8AFB-519B73A522FC.jpeg

85B99E7E-9474-49BC-BB16-FF31B307B9B3.jpeg

3B796E5D-B60A-4F21-9EE3-19A312E6E1F2.jpeg

8B16E250-95CD-4BF3-9C5F-AF7C792DADD3.jpeg

B08D22D0-6184-4CC7-8F0D-AE61EBC42931.jpeg

D16F78C6-54C0-4CF9-8730-375D28F38C97.jpeg

5E1A283F-C656-4DC0-B7DF-1C783FBBF53F.jpeg

F570D38E-F9FE-410A-8C59-35D7967EF23A.jpeg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I am just a week shy of 5 month, but as I'm not realistically expecting any major changes in a week, wanted to upload a post now.

So as it stands at month 5, things are not looking great unfortunately, I know 5 month is still early etc, however, I have understandibly was following other peoples progress at month 5 (who looked similarly case wise like myself NW and grafts etc) and hoped I would be in same good category, but I am severely lacking in my opinion in comparison.

Hair feels weak and thin, also a lot of empty rows being visible. Left hairline is okay and easily styled and looks consistent (but the temple is not good), right side of hairline looks thin, empty in area spaced out and not as easily to be styled (but temple is good), middle of the hairline is behind in growth and empty spots visible. And top of the head is just not great. I am not as bothered about crown atm tbf.

I was not expecting some crazy density from the beginning if you check my first post, but seeing most results here, the hairline is usually packed to create an illusion of density and at 5 most had a good front, but I just have a hair Line, but certainly no illusion of density or coming density. I have spoken to Eugenix and they said everything looking great and on track and just wait it out.

But overall, it's harder to keep letting it grow as I'm walking around looking like I'm losing my hair vs the opposite, so am considering buzzing it again.

Uploading hire quality pictures with close-ups.

Let me know what you guys think

IMG_3129.jpg

IMG_3133.jpeg

IMG_3137.jpg

IMG_3140.jpeg

IMG_3109.jpeg

IMG_3110.jpeg

IMG_3111.jpeg

IMG_3119.jpeg

IMG_3120.jpeg

IMG_3123.jpeg

IMG_3125.jpeg

5 months is of course super early, for most people it’s just one month in to the growth kicking off. When I look at the post op pics I can see that the work looks good. Obviously that amount of grafts for someone who’s NW7 is going to have its limitations, and will need a second pass. 
The disparity may be noticeable around the crown area as they only grafted so far and so it will leave a gap, it can be seen in the post op pics.

I’m not convinced with this planning, that’s just my opinion though, just think it’s too ambitious with the coverage. Let’s hope the growth will now kick off for you.