3months post Eugenix repair

Tommy1991

Hope this helps people who are deciding with Eugenix as an option:

Speaking as someone who has been to Eugenix for a hair transplant repair in July 2022, this is what I have to say:

premium package was paid with Dr Arika. 3 other surgeries were taking place and Dr Arika was in and out of all rooms.

less than 5minutes was spent assessing my hair and hairline etc etc at which point I reiterated my hairline was not to be lowered any further. Please bear in mind I arrived from Ireland.

1600grafts. 800 from scalp to hairline and 800 from beard to donor area to donor harvest. 

I was about 10hours from the start to the finish of the surgery. Around 1630 I lay on the surgical table for approx 2hours before doctor Arika arrived back to proceed. 

immidiately post op I had quite considerable gaps from where the transplanted hair from previous surgery looked very sparse and new transplanted hair had completely stopped in linear fashion (this extremely poor density area was never filled during this procedure with Eugenix) photo below clearly shows, I have yet to receive a clear response from the clinic on this… other than please await full growth.

I have many other concerns at the moment such as severe hairline asymmetry, right hand side totally straightened and the left hand side is showing quite a curve and as a result the temporal angles are completely different by a long way (the main aim was to have the left hand temporal angle corrected and more symmetrical to the right hand side) - this however I have no issues to wait for full growth to assess but right now it really is so drastically different, more so than before the surgery. 
One other final thing I would say, my hairline was already slightly low from previous surgery and I made it so so clear it was not to be lowered any further, but it has been… how do I know this? I use the frown lines in my forehead to gauge it, albeit it is only 1-1.5mm.. the single hair grafts placed. 

I told the clinic this the next and the doctor, and they did state no it was not but the evidence today shows it has been. 

I have attached some photos of the hairline as it is today in different lighting. To try and show the issues I describe above. 

FD7B3963-3F13-43B8-A9CB-3300C9BB0C3D.jpeg

9B675CBF-2AE6-4081-AC50-9CB10CD392AD.jpeg

EA368E92-5741-45A1-8D6A-EAF26AF8F8E5.jpeg

2C7868B3-BB77-4C98-8F20-2E5A1BE422F5.jpeg

8F00037C-6EC7-40DA-83CA-23D2E138CB9A.jpeg

259DB542-A6B2-471D-91A8-9BCC4666E82C.jpeg

Thanms for this write up, hope you get the results you hope for, this is only 3 months and looking good already… stay patient. I was there in July too and will reach the 3 month mark next week so not even expecting any new growth and just waiting till month 4-6 as to see some growth. 

Edited by ahmed9500

Eugenix is not a repair clinic....Eugenix is for high Norwood first-timers on a budget. 

Repair work really needs TLC and a uniquely-tailored personalized plan.

Bisanga, Cooley, Feriduni, and Mwamba are good bets. 

Pro-tip: If you still have a generous amount of donor and can't stand your current hair situation, you may want to consider electrolysis as you are awaiting an actual repair surgery. 

Electrolysis will immediately kill all the bad hair outright and will make your actual repair surgery a lot simpler

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 9

13 hours ago, RandoBrando517 said:

Bro u barely had a transplant 3 months ago I think you’re trippin over nothin looks better than most HTs at 3 months 

Defo not tripping. Merely basing the look on density is not what I’m seeking… 

have a read of the post again for all details. 

regarding the outcome I will be patiently waiting for the results, these comments of mine are the facts at the moment and most to my annoyance is the gaps that were left. From supposedly a top clinic and doctor. It should not happen, period.

Certainly can agree with Happyman2021. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Tommy1991 said:

Defo not tripping. Merely basing the look on density is not what I’m seeking… 

have a read of the post again for all details. 

regarding the outcome I will be patiently waiting for the results, these comments of mine are the facts at the moment and most to my annoyance is the gaps that were left. From supposedly a top clinic and doctor. It should not happen, period.

Certainly can agree with Happyman2021. 

Bro u have no idea what its gonna look like u comparing how it looks at 3 months if you look at the gaps you have hair there and u can’t even see anything grown out

image.jpeg.72e3815cfe7f151354b68c2cd2648c20.jpeg

One definite issue I see is, as the OP pointed out, there is a very clear gap consisting of poor density hair which is immediately behind the transplanted hair, on each side of the head. That part definitely needed to be filled in, and the fact that it wasn't looks to be a big error on the part of Eugenix. Anyone want to defend Eugenix on this?

• Like 7

17 hours ago, g8n2h9k3u7 said:

One definite issue I see is, as the OP pointed out, there is a very clear gap consisting of poor density hair which is immediately behind the transplanted hair, on each side of the head. That part definitely needed to be filled in, and the fact that it wasn't looks to be a big error on the part of Eugenix. Anyone want to defend Eugenix on this?

Absolutely, at least you can see the main issue I have noted. In my eyes it is unforgiveable from a top doctor and clinic. Again, less than 5minutes assessing my hair in person is what caused this. 

To be honest anyone that can try to defend this is just ridiculous, it just should not happen, plain and simple. At least don't stop with a hardcore dense line but put some irregularities with the pattern of the hair there to blend it in.

There is a photo to show how that gap is as of today, clearly marked in blue for those who still think I am talking about hair transplanted in this procedure. same can be said for both sides.

IMG_3912 1.jpg

IMG_3912.jpg

aa.jpeg

• Like 2

Are the post op pictures from immediately after graft placement? As in the first couple days?

• Like 1

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

2 hours ago, mrmane85 said:

Was the plan to always go that low with the hairline? 

Nope, I did make that specifically clear, I mentioned it twice on the day and even put it in my report prior to arriving. So it seems their easiest task was to just put single haired grafts in the hairline which has slightly lowered it, because I did have a few multi haired grafts in certain places but these should have just been extracted. 

11 hours ago, kumardarshan said:

Eugenix claim that they implant the hair grafts within 15 mins of harvesting. Can you please verify this claim?

Somewhat, if they take about 10 mins to do the extractions. Technicians will sort out the grafts and away with the implantation. So it depends how many they extract. Ball park, about 20 mins the grafts are out of the head for. Hair follicles can be in open airfor couple hours from what i remember 

23 hours ago, Plantin_graft said:

Somewhat, if they take about 10 mins to do the extractions. Technicians will sort out the grafts and away with the implantation. So it depends how many they extract. Ball park, about 20 mins the grafts are out of the head for. Hair follicles can be in open airfor couple hours from what i remember 

I am confused. So is it 20 mins or couple of hours?

• Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 2:33 AM, kumardarshan said:

Eugenix claim that they implant the hair grafts within 15 mins of harvesting. Can you please verify this claim?

I cannot verify, at the same time I cannot deny.

There is no patient I have seen online yielding a poor density result from Eugenix. This for me would be proof enough and I definitely wouldn't question the time lapse between removal and insertion as they manage to achieve pretty good density.

• Administrators

The gap appears to be shock loss. Upon examination, I don't see any visible thinning in that area pre-operatively. Now, you may eventually need more surgeries there if you're not on medication. But when you compare the two photos below I think the shock loss is clearly evident. At this point, I suggest waiting and trying not to nitpick things so early on, as there's no way you will know what it will look like until it fully grows out. I do believe the growth has already started which is a good sign. 

image.png

image.png

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

The gap appears to be shock loss. Upon examination, I don't see any visible thinning in that area pre-operatively. Now, you may eventually need more surgeries there if you're not on medication. But when you compare the two photos below I think the shock loss is clearly evident. At this point, I suggest waiting and trying not to nitpick things so early on, as there's no way you will know what it will look like until it fully grows out. I do believe the growth has already started which is a good sign. 

image.png

image.png

Absolutely not shock loss, 100% not shock loss. 

below is the pre op photo taken at Eugenix facility day of the surgery, of course I never had my hair that short as seen below so it would not be something easily seen by oneself. 

1065D25F-4B00-404D-AB96-09782C68CA9F.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators

This 100% looks like shock loss, if you compare the pre-op, yes it’s a little lighter. But it’s visibly A LOT balder post-operatively, which is a clear indication that it is shock loss. 

The difference is clear. 
FB61965C-E951-4BCA-B179-8E407F7B94E0.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

15 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

This 100% looks like shock loss, if you compare the pre-op, yes it’s a little lighter. But it’s visibly A LOT balder post-operatively, which is a clear indication that it is shock loss.

unfortunately the photos I have are not of the same lighting which always should be taken into account, my hair is shorter and an abundance of strong ambient lighting which would lead to anyone’s hair looking thinner in left sided photo, and almost creates bald spots with a shine, especially being lathered with saline water.
For example look at the photo taken the exact time with the downward view… probably should have used this as a like for like… very very similar to Eugenix pre op photo and the density appears to be identical. 
there is enough evidence in the pre op photo taken by Eugenix to suggest that this is a miss on their part. Clearly a notable (not “a little”)  difference in the density on the sides versus the centre. I can clearly see same issues pre and post just the fact the hair is short. 
please note, this is how my hairline was post repair…so why do the hairline and not there??  

I did not receive shock loss whatsoever to the recipient area between grafts so why would it happen in the area that was not the recipient area? This is evident in the downward shot that no shock loss has occurred to the actual recipient area (at that time at least anyway). 

I think it’s pretty conclusive from my side. It’s just a miss from Eugenix, it’s pretty simple. 

ED0C3416-1C61-4C18-AA8A-A42F6971F417.jpeg

AF9CF253-0718-4B00-80BC-B0E9F9EF2A23.jpeg

A1CAC752-294B-4744-8668-9050FD120593.png

5B34E23E-B419-4EB0-AAF8-1CA315CC55F3.jpeg

Looking at you’re pics i actually think the hairline is ok, but totally understand what you’re saying regarding the area behind the newly implanted grafts. 
Rather than just reinforce the band we can see, it would have perhaps maybe better to reinforce the whole frontal third. I have no doubts it will grow in well, but yeh the disparity between the newly created hairline and where it meets your native hair may be noticeable. I’m sure @Eugenix Hair Scienceswill be able to feedback and comment on how and why it was planned this way? 

Edited by Pbaird98
  • Like 1