This is my donor fully shaved after a ht.

My question is, how noticeable are these scars. If I took another 1.5 to 2k grafts from the donor,  would the scars be a lot more noticeable.  I'm not sure if I scar well but I'm considering another op and probably going to machine shave the donor after it so curious Screenshot_20220612-032844_Gallery.thumb.jpg.c3e42a5062959ecd2def0c1f3bb42637.jpgScreenshot_20220612-032844_Gallery.thumb.jpg.c3e42a5062959ecd2def0c1f3bb42637.jpgScreenshot_20220612-032749_Gallery.thumb.jpg.8ff345f0d5ac6a64ae59190c0391d65d.jpg

Screenshot_20220612-032803_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

not at all man, i doubt anyone would notice unless they've been looking at HT threads or had one. 

1. your surgeon did a good job spacing it, even if not much graft is taken. although i can't be sure since somehow it seems several areas feels like he transected the surrounding hair or is using too big of a punch?
2. your skin tone is very similar to your scar

Edited by mafpe
  • Like 2

I am looking for scars and can't see any. So people who are just going about their today will never notice or suspect either.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I will be honest. 

This is one of the best looking donors I've seen on this forum...

At least with this fade, angle, lighting etc... 

Barely anything is even noticeable. 

It's really curious because your surgeon did an excellent job in the donor area showing great extractions skills and planning but gave you a poor result on the recipient area... 

May I ask who you went to ? 

You could probably get another 1.5k to 2k grafts but that would not ne sufficient to give you full coverage on top. 

You are Norwood 4-5 diffuse and the reality is you need 5000 grafts. 

I wouldn't chase transplants anymore at this point. I would rather go for an SMP every year. 

• Like 1

Hah,

Your donor area looks nice and clean with only the smallest appearance of scarring when you look really close up. Frankly, I don’t think anybody would notice that anything was done even with your scalp fully shaved.

FUE donor area scarring can usually look this clean but will always depend on a number of circumstances. Obviously, choosing a stellar surgeon who uses tiny punches and has mastered the art of strategic placement and minimal transection is a major factor.  But patient physiology including healing characteristics      also plays a major role.

I trust you are very happy.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

3 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Hah,

Your donor area looks nice and clean with only the smallest appearance of scarring when you look really close up. Frankly, I don’t think anybody would notice that anything was done even with your scalp fully shaved.

FUE donor area scarring can usually look this clean but will always depend on a number of circumstances. Obviously, choosing a stellar surgeon who uses tiny punches and has mastered the art of strategic placement and minimal transection is a major factor.  But patient physiology including healing characteristics      also plays a major role.

I trust you are very happy.

Rahal Hair Transplant

What size of punches is considered tiny? What’s the max size of punches if we’re aiming for small scar appearance? Thank you.

Most people probably wouldn't notice it as things currently stand but another 1.5-2k grafts punched out might make it more conspicuous. 

The lighting also seems really favourable to you in those pictures and it's possible it could seem more visible but yeah, you definitely seem able to rock a skin fade as it is 

How long after your transplant is this? 

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

What size of punches is considered tiny? What’s the max size of punches if we’re aiming for small scar appearance? Thank you.

Bear in mind, sometimes it's not possible to go for the smallest punches. For myself for example, the doctor said they had to use 0.9mm vs their lower sizings because of my individual graft characteristics. It's always a case by case basis. 

11 hours ago, mafpe said:

not at all man, i doubt anyone would notice unless they've been looking at HT threads or had one. 

1. your surgeon did a good job spacing it, even if not much graft is taken. although i can't be sure since somehow it seems several areas feels like he transected the surrounding hair or is using too big of a punch?
2. your skin tone is very similar to your scar

What do you mean by he transacted the surrounding hairs. And it was a technician. Went to a turkish clinic unfortunately 

10 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

It looks pretty decent honestly. No one would imagine that is something wrong with your fade/donor 

The hair wasn't cut proper. I literally took a razor and shaved it with no blending since I was just wearing a hat

8 hours ago, Hair transplant is a huge said:

I will be honest. 

This is one of the best looking donors I've seen on this forum...

At least with this fade, angle, lighting etc... 

Barely anything is even noticeable. 

It's really curious because your surgeon did an excellent job in the donor area showing great extractions skills and planning but gave you a poor result on the recipient area... 

May I ask who you went to ? 

You could probably get another 1.5k to 2k grafts but that would not ne sufficient to give you full coverage on top. 

You are Norwood 4-5 diffuse and the reality is you need 5000 grafts. 

I wouldn't chase transplants anymore at this point. I would rather go for an SMP every year. 

Tbh it was just a random tech in a turkish clinic. They actually screwed up cause they ended up extracting higher up into an area that was slightly thinning.  The cut here was just to see the donor. I took a blade to it myself.  Wouldn't reach much into that fade.  I think it's more how I scar and my skin tone

Does not look like much. never understood the whole fuss about FUE scarring. It is doubtful somebody will comment on this and even of so certainly nobody will know its from HT 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NARMAK said:

Most people probably wouldn't notice it as things currently stand but another 1.5-2k grafts punched out might make it more conspicuous. 

The lighting also seems really favourable to you in those pictures and it's possible it could seem more visible but yeah, you definitely seem able to rock a skin fade as it is 

How long after your transplant is this? 

I think it's about 6 months after. I thought it was 4 but check the video date. This is from a video but my face is in there. The lighting is right by a big open window so it is day light as the video was made for me to get a good look at it under real light.

I'm concerned about what another 2k or so grafts would do so trying to get opinions. I just want to get a hair line I like than where it around a 1 all around cause I don't think without medication I'll be able to save my hair

9 minutes ago, Mike10 said:

Does not look like much. never understood the whole fuss about FUE scarring. It is doubtful somebody will comment on this and even of so certainly nobody will know its from HT 

Tbh mines doesn't show but idk what another 2k grafts would do yo it. But my friend who went to the same clinic on the same day as me has really bad visible scarring if he cuts it at this length or even a bit longer so I think it depends on how u scar and your skin tone to a great degree

8 hours ago, TommyLucchese said:

I am looking for scars and can't see any. So people who are just going about their today will never notice or suspect either.

I'm fairly sure of that. The post is more about wondering what another 2 k grafts would do to this

• Administrators

You scar very well. However, keep in mind that the more surgeries you get, the more scars you will have, and the more visible they will become. I do not suggest getting more surgery if you intend to shave your head. I doubt anyone would notice any scarring now, but that may change if you get more surgeries. Keep that in mind.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looks great at this length. I would think the scars would be more obvious when you grow out your hair a little, maybe? The dark hair might accent the scars. 

That said, I agree with everyone else, no one would notice the FUE scars unless you know what to look for.