Dr. Patrick Mwamba (Fue Clinic) - 1300 grafts - 5th & 6th of July 2021

Ajamilo

• 1 month later...

|13 month|

I'm on holiday and since it's over 30 degrees here I thought I could just put my head out of the window and take some pictures «outside».
although the hairline is a bit thin it has improved and matured more to be honest. the right side looks much better than the left side. maybe it's also because the hair at the middle  has grown more so that I can hide it more now. Also is nothing on my hair now so when I use a brush and a hair product it looks much better on the left side or like on the hairline.

6CE2A3E8-09CE-493C-8ED1-BF7DD8C63E0E.jpeg

5A359281-F52D-4DE7-B4B6-CA6E5313A1E1.jpeg

D62816F4-C0ED-422A-8A81-803C302859F7.jpeg

6D935E0E-C078-4426-BE67-5F874E44954A.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 10:28 AM, LookMaxx said:

This is shocking for an elite doctor that charges so much. Didn’t you get a free touch up? 

No i did not get a free touch up.

honestly the doctor did not even care about my result. he didn't contact me even once during the difficult period I was in even though he knew that I was unhappy and that i was struggling under the growth period.   he choosed to comment here rather than call me or explain the situation to me. That shows  that he doesnt care about his pasients. 

i would have stayed away if i knew about this beforehand and not waste my money on him and his Clinic 

Edited by Ajamilo
  • Like 5

On 9/9/2022 at 9:10 AM, Ajamilo said:

honestly the doctor did not even care about my result. he didn't contact me even once during the difficult period I was in even though he knew that I was unhappy and that i was struggling under the growth period.   he choosed to comment here rather than call me or explain the situation to me. That shows  that he doesnt care about his pasients. 

i would have stayed away if i knew about this beforehand and not waste my money on him and his Clinic 

Hopefully u get everything sorted I’ve seen enough of his work personally to go to him later this year but that sucks and hopefully you find a solution 

On 9/9/2022 at 7:10 PM, Ajamilo said:

I have scheduled surgery with Dr. Mwamba and what you say worries me alot.

Do you have an email or other way to contact you because I have some questions and I can't seem to DM.

On 9/9/2022 at 12:10 PM, Ajamilo said:

I know for a fact they contacted you several times to come in for a consultation to check what happened and offered a second pass because I asked them personally about your case.

Saying the doctor did not care about your result is not true, anybody who knows Dr Mwamba or has been his patient knows what a warm and kind person he is, the guy is in surgery until midnight daily 6 times a week and has a team to handle these things like any other clinic.

Edited by mustang

6 hours ago, mustang said:

I know for a fact they contacted you several times to come in for a consultation to check what happened and offered a second pass because I asked them personally about your case.

Saying the doctor did not care about your result is an absolute lie, anybody who knows Dr Mwamba or has been his patient knows what a warm and kind person he is, the guy is in surgery until midnight daily 6 times a week and has a team to handle these things like any other clinic.

But perhaps being in surgery until midnight or 1am isn’t a good thing. I’ve read a few comments about how he’s a perfectionist and takes his time, but isn’t the long days because he has two patients a day? If he only performed one surgery a day it wouldn’t be as long. Implantation starting at 7pm or 8pm when he’s already been in for 12 hours might not be the best option for anyone.

• Like 4

Hello ,

Surgery , especially when it is a repair case , takes a lot to get it right .

Free touch up makes sense only when a patient comes back for in person consultation .We need to assess the result and try to answer the WHY ?  OF POOR GROWTH  before we jumped to any conclusions .

Poor growth is not always the doctor's fault ?It could be inherent to the patient's condition and in that case , we assess case by case physically , emotionally and financially .

We didn't close our door in this case but we can not move forward without  an in person consultation .

• Like 4

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Price for surgery is according to the amount of work that will be done and not linked to the result we got to produced .

All the patients sign a consent form that clearly mentioned that .

Why , when things go wrong , they forgot what they agreed in the first place?

We strive to accomplish every time the best in the limit of our abilities .

And sometimes it leads to longer surgery .

• Like 3

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

The doctor , the patient and the team want to get it done as fast as possible .

Hair surgery  gives you a result that will last your entire life .

I will never rush when I feel that this case is very sensitive .

We have thought to reduce to one case per day .

Then , financially , it will be unbearable because we will need to compensate it by increasing the price .

We prefer to make it a little bit longer ( take enough breaks to recover , recuperate and continue the surgery ).It is never good to work when tired .I take long breaks and when I feel good , I get back to work .Because I am involved in every step of the procedure .

Everyday with my team , we are working on how to ease the entire process .Unfortunately , I got a lot of repair cases and those are very difficult cases .

If I had to treat only virgin patient and performed the shaven technique , my days will be way shorter .

I really thank you for your input and we will try to improve our protocol and procedures to achieve in the limit of our abilities your goals .

• Like 1

I care about my patients .This is the first time someone feels like i do not care and I have been in the industry for more than 20 years .

Outstanding results is not in every case but patient's care is one of our goal .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BaldV said:

Poor growth is 99% Dr’s fault

So if a Dr extracts grafts safely without transection, stores them in a proper solution with the correct temperature, implants the graft without any damage and root manipulation, respects a sensible time out of the body and there is poor growth it's 99% his fault. Right...

Scar tissue, blood vessels, fibrosis and weak residual grafts are of course 99% his fault as well.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BaldV said:

Poor growth is 99% Dr’s fault

I agree. If someone has poor growth then it means something in the procedure was not done correctly. Either in extraction, or in incisions or in implantation by techs which could damage the grafts and affect the survival rate. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jackdaniels said:

I agree. If someone has poor growth then it means something in the procedure was not done correctly. Either in extraction, or in incisions or in implantation by techs which could damage the grafts and affect the survival rate. 

That definitely happens or all doctors would get 100% growth BUT saying poor growth is 99% the Dr's fault when speaking of elite surgeons that follow strict protocols is far from true

I had poor growth with Couto and would never question him as the best in the world and he made it very clear to me that I had scar tissue from previous surgeries in my recipient area. My best friend also had poor growth with Couto and he was in the same boat with previous surgeries and still thinks Couto is the best.

So no, it's not 99% the Dr's fault.

• Like 1