Dr. Patrick Mwamba (Fue Clinic) - 1300 grafts - 5th & 6th of July 2021

Ajamilo

I have afro hair as well and am considering a transplant and I was just passing by and wanted to say even though you're worried about cobblestoning and growth you may not be satisfied with, you have amazing hair and curls. I hope you're not letting the unsatisfactory results impact your perception of that :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just wanted to update 

i booked with Dr.Turan in the end of the year. I was comfort with Dr Turan after talking to his assistant for a long period of time. I have also been in talk with two people from reddit with curly-afro hair who have had good growth with him recently. 

He will try to help me with the problems I had with Mwmba in terms of density problems in the hairline. When it comes to cobblestoning, he said he has to look at it first and then figure out what to do about it. But I am not sure if it is possible to do anything about it. 

I really just let my hair grow out since it's impossible for me to keep it short in the recepeint area even though I prefer it really short.

465A92B2-288A-497E-873F-9BE837D373C4.jpeg

FC0C4CE8-20EB-49AA-9B0D-D43A05B7596F.jpeg

148D32B7-8F1C-480D-B93D-DCC4AF3CD4B9.jpeg

• Like 1

@Ajamilo can you please clarify how things ended between you and Dr. Mwamba?

I could be wrong but it seems like you put a lot of effort in  trying to discuss your poor growth directly with Mwamba and his clinic for some time, only to get an unsatisfactory resolution. 

For all your effort you put in I guess I'm a bit surprised they didnt offer a free touch up, or at the very least a discount if you went back to him. 

50 minutes ago, Ajamilo said:

When it comes to cobblestoning

Can you please clarify - your cobblestoning was a result of your Mwamba surgery? 

It is really surprising to hear of someone getting cobblestoning from a repair surgeon. No one gets a repair surgery expecting even more issues to occur...

You also aren't the first case I've seen recently from Mwamba where cobblestoning was a side effect. 

For what its worth I think your hair looks great and totally natural when its grown out. I suspect no one else but you notices the temple density issues. 

But yes I totally would want a touch-up/repair surgery if I were in your shoes too. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

@Ajamilo can you please clarify how things ended between you and Dr. Mwamba?

I could be wrong but it seems like you put a lot of effort in  trying to discuss your poor growth directly with Mwamba and his clinic for some time, only to get an unsatisfactory resolution. 

For all your effort you put in I guess I'm a bit surprised they didnt offer a free touch up, or at the very least a discount if you went back to him. 

Can you please clarify - your cobblestoning was a result of your Mwamba surgery? 

It is really surprising to hear of someone getting cobblestoning from a repair surgeon. No one gets a repair surgery expecting even more issues to occur...

You also aren't the first case I've seen recently from Mwamba where cobblestoning was a side effect. 

For what its worth I think your hair looks great and totally natural when its grown out. I suspect no one else but you notices the temple density issues. 

But yes I totally would want a touch-up/repair surgery if I were in your shoes too. 

Yes my cobblestoning is from him and no one else. I have not received any explanation on how it could have happened either.

to be honest, I have not been interested in having a conversation with them after their excuses and unwillingness to admit their mistakes.
They have also told private things about me to their representative Mustang who is active here which breaks all trust between us

• Sad 3
  • Angry 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/16/2023 at 10:02 PM, blackpink said:

Hey OP any update on the cobblestoning/bumps issues with this? Have you gotten feedback from any other surgeons about options?

No. But I have a surgery with Dr.Turan end of this month so then I will know his feedback on the issue 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2023 at 10:02 PM, blackpink said:

Hey OP any update on the cobblestoning/bumps issues with this? Have you gotten feedback from any other surgeons about options?

I did  a HT with Dr.Turan today. So he did examination on the area and told me that due to a lot of the transplanted hair did not survived and grow it resulted to scarring. So he basically confirmed that it is cobblestoning and told me is permanently. The only thing one can do it to add grafts on that area but it will always be visible if u shaved it down 😭

Edited by Ajamilo
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • Melvin- Admin changed the title to Dr. Patrick Mwamba (Fue Clinic) - 1300 grafts - 5th & 6th of July 2021 | Dr.Turan 1070 grafts - 20 of november 2023
  • 2 weeks later...

I think this thread would be vastly more effective and educational if they were separate for each doctor/surgeon. 

Instead of seeing the pros and cons of each surgery independently, they are merged together which is hazy. 

I feel like all the complaints and criticism of your 1st surgery with Dr. Mwamba is being swept under the rug a bit bc the original thread is now being blended with Dr. Turan's work

• Like 2

• Melvin- Admin changed the title to Dr. Patrick Mwamba (Fue Clinic) - 1300 grafts - 5th & 6th of July 2021