Dr. Patrick Mwamba (Fue Clinic) - 1300 grafts - 5th & 6th of July 2021

Ajamilo

You'll definitely need another 500 grafts on your frontal third if you want the density to match (or resemble) what you have behind it.

Why did you implant so little grafts? for financial reasons or what made you put such low density? Was it planned in more than one stage to add density progressively? It would be cool to understand why you planed this way or why Dr Mwamba advice this.

It would be nice to see some pictures with natural light as that flash is making it difficult to analyze objectively.

Edited by mustang

6 hours ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

Definitely interested to see what the Dr has to say about this..

I have to wait i guess until i can go over there bro before the doctor will say anything about the growth or this concerned .  I have added more pics. 

Just want to be sure it is due to low density and not discoloration or cobblestoning on the hairline @DrTBarghouthi

Snapchat-2012784107.jpg

20220408_123322.jpg

20220408_123432.jpg

2 hours ago, mustang said:

You'll definitely need another 500 grafts on your frontal third if you want the density to match (or resemble) what you have behind it.

Why did you implant so little grafts? for financial reasons or what made you put such low density? Was it planned in more than one stage to add density progressively? It would be cool to understand why you planed this way or why Dr Mwamba advice this.

It would be nice to see some pictures with natural light as that flash is making it difficult to analyze objectively.

i have already commented this thing so stop asking it several times

Is it possible to have some side photos? I’d really like to see how far high the hairline was made and to understand the colour difference. Dr. Mwamba is a well respected surgeon ofcourse and I’m sure they went with a suitable plan for you. In my opinion, considering temple points were also done, you would’ve needed around 2000 grafts. Again, there may have been some limitations in donor etc. In all cases, I’d like to see some side photos to see what may be causing the difference in colour.

• Like 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

4 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

i have already commented this thing so stop asking it several times

You said " I transplanted 1300 graphs on a  1.5 cm" 

That doesn't explain anything. My question is why did you decide to implant so little, I can only assume it was due to budget constraints

I agree with Dr Taleb, you needed at least 2.000 to 2.400 grafts to cover that area.

I hope the clinic can resolve this for you. You should be a little nicer, it goes a long way.

• Like 1

Just now, mustang said:

That doesn't explain anything. My question is why did you decide to implant so little, I can only assume it was due to budget constraints

I agree with Dr Taleb, you needed at least 2.000 to 2.400 grafts to cover that area.

I hope the clinic can resolve this for you. You should be a little nicer, it goes a long way.

I agree, would be nice to know why you decided to implant such a small amount of grafts.

2 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Is it possible to have some side photos? I’d really like to see how far high the hairline was made and to understand the colour difference. Dr. Mwamba is a well respected surgeon ofcourse and I’m sure they went with a suitable plan for you. In my opinion, considering temple points were also done, you would’ve needed around 2000 grafts. Again, there may have been some limitations in donor etc. In all cases, I’d like to see some side photos to see what may be causing the difference in colour.

Is really late now here i live  but i will take it tomorrow :)

25 minutes ago, JP28 said:

I agree, would be nice to know why you decided to implant such a small amount of grafts.

I did not decide anything as i wrote in my thread. This is silly honestly where  you are trying to assume that the pasient did something wrong here and decided the amount of grafs he is going to get. I went to a doctor who are specialized in this field. Who am I to argue with him when he clearly tells me that, " this should be good enough to get good coverage with a afro hair". so one should ask that question to the doctor. I assume also that a lot of the grafs did not survive and that is worrying too

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ajamilo said:

I did not decide anything as i wrote in my thread. This is silly honestly where  you are trying to assume that the pasient did something wrong here and decided the amount of grafs he is going to get. I went to a doctor who are specialized in this field. Who am I to argue with him when he clearly tells me that, " this should be good enough to get good coverage with a afro hair". so one should ask that question to the doctor. I assume also that a lot of the grafs did not survive and that is worrying too

Thanks for answering, now I understand.

It was definitely far from enough just wanted to clarify that this wasn’t your request.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, mustang said:

you have assumed a lot of me in this thread and you are talking about beeing niceer?

I know your agenda and motivation here as usual when it comes to this clinic and honestly i dont want to discuss with you. So I would really appreciated that you dont comment anymore in my thread :) 👍

Edited by Ajamilo

1 hour ago, mustang said:

If this was the case and the OP had budget constraints, wouldn't Dr Mwamba have advised that he could not assist based on the required grafts needed to provide adequate density to lower the hairline by 1.5cm? 

He is extremely ethical. 

I'm assuming the OP would prefer a hairline lowered by 0.5/1cm cm with adequate density than one lowered by 1.5 cm which lacks density. 

Definitely interested to see what Dr Mwamba says. 

4 hours ago, mrmane85 said:

If this was the case and the OP had budget constraints, wouldn't Dr Mwamba have advised that he could not assist based on the required grafts needed to provide adequate density to lower the hairline by 1.5cm? 

He is extremely ethical. 

I'm assuming the OP would prefer a hairline lowered by 0.5/1cm cm with adequate density than one lowered by 1.5 cm which lacks density. 

Definitely interested to see what Dr Mwamba says. 

Not necessarily. He could have made a plan (like he has done with many of us) to do it in 2 or 3 steps, specially when you have decimated donor or it's a repair like it was on my case. He did a very low density pass on the area, assessed growth after 6 months and then moved forward with more density but who knows, maybe an ethical doctor with so much expertise on afro hair did indeed recommend so little grafts but I highly doubt it.

I don't think survival is optimal either,  this could be for many reasons. If you add low density plus non optimal survival then the result it's not satisfactory.

• Like 1

Thank you. The reason i wanted a side photo is to know whether the contrast is due to a stronger light effect. This would happen if a hairline is crossing the vertical plane of your forehead-which is not a right thing to do anyway. In all cases you don’t have that issue and your hairline is well placed imo. The reason for this possible discolouration is a density mismatch. I think with a touch up you should blend the two areas better. 

• Like 3

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

6 minutes ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Thank you. The reason i wanted a side photo is to know whether the contrast is due to a stronger light effect. This would happen if a hairline is crossing the vertical plane of your forehead-which is not a right thing to do anyway. In all cases you don’t have that issue and your hairline is well placed imo. The reason for this possible discolouration is a density mismatch. I think with a touch up you should blend the two areas better. 

Thank you very much for your answer doctor :) lol now I feel a lot better to know is only about density issue

The surgery looks clean. The growth does look off at 8 months but still have time. Where did you have the surgery at his Belgium clinic or one of his “USA” clinics. It doesn’t seem like Dr Mwamba has a medical license to practice in Georgia or USA. If you look up board of medicine he is not a license physician, so who does the surgeries? Or is he using some other physician as a front?

poor growth can occur with the best of surgeons and Dr Mwamba is a really good surgeon, but the poor communication cause being “busy” is not something patient should have to experience.sorry for that. 

Edited by shiba1985

To be honest the density looks good to me. Don’t get fixated on the numbers. 40-45 fu grafts/ cm2 doesn’t mean anything. You could have 12 one hair fu grafts and 15 - 2 hair fu grafts, the hair count would be same.  You could have 42 1 hair fu grafts. 
Density numbers to some extent are marketing gimmicks. 

the poor growth either is due to inexperienced staff which is why I am asking where you had surgery? , you have some scalp condition which requires biopsy, or you are just a late grower. 

Ok I see what you are saying. Maybe a tad bit lower density, but still with your Afro hair that density would give good results. I doubt any clinic transplant 40-45 fu grafts Afro hair per cm2. It’s not needed. Isn’t the native Afro density something like 60 fu grafts cm2 ? So theoretically u should be able to get away with 30 / cm2

It’s common sense that 1300 wouldn’t have been enough lol if u had actually researched well you would’ve known sometimes u have to put ur input to the doctor when I had my consult with mwamba I told him that I believe I need 2000 grafts based on similar cases like mine that I’ve seen and he said that the exact amount he thought I would need as well, as patients we need to do due diligence and go through this forum you’ll then find out how many grafts you roughly need for how u want ur hairline to look 

10 minutes ago, Dillpickle123 said:

It’s common sense that 1300 wouldn’t have been enough lol if u had actually researched well you would’ve known sometimes u have to put ur input to the doctor when I had my consult with mwamba I told him that I believe I need 2000 grafts based on similar cases like mine that I’ve seen and he said that the exact amount he thought I would need as well, as patients we need to do due diligence and go through this forum you’ll then find out how many grafts you roughly need for how u want ur hairline to look 

I don't think so, we are not the surgeons, if I rely on a high-level surgeon, it is he who has to tell me how many grafts I would need to have a good result, except in this case it was not the OP to tell Dr. Mwamba that he want thinning hair once it has grown back, but I don't think that could have happened.  It is like when you go to a doctor, it is not us who indicate which therapy to do for a particular problem.

Edited by Egy

4 minutes ago, Egy said:

I don't think so, we are not the surgeons, if I rely on a high-level surgeon, it is he who has to tell me how many grafts I would need to have a good result, except in this case it was not the OP to tell Dr. Mwamba that I want thinning hair once it has grown back, but I don't think that could have happened.  It is like when you go to a doctor, it is not us who indicate which therapy to do for a particular problem.

Well ig it’s different for everyone then because if I went to an elite doc and he told me that with 1000 grafts I could get the result I wanted I wouldn’t do it with him 😂 because based on the countless reviews I’ve seen here a Norwood 2 like me needs 2k grafts to get a decent result I wouldn’t go through with a surgery to waste my time especially if it’s your first time on virgin scalp you should want a lot of density not what you could “get away with” but my mentality is I’m going in having a rough estimate of what I think I’ll get 

Edited by Dillpickle123