Dr. Patrick Mwamba (Fue Clinic) - 1300 grafts - 5th & 6th of July 2021

Ajamilo

This thread makes me hesitant to book Mwamba for a procedure. I dismissed red flags mentioned of my previous surgeon and have paid the price for that. Don't want to make the same mistake. 

YOU ARE RIGHT ALEX .

HTS OR ANY COSMETIC SURGERY OR SURGERY IN GENERAL , WE NEED TO HAVE A MUTUAL TRUST BETWEEN THE DOCTOR AND THE PATIENT .

IF THERE IS DOUBT , BETTER NOT TO PROCEED .WHY ? BECAUSE , RESULTS AND OUTCOME ARE NEVER GUARANTEE AT 100% AND IT TAKES TRUST TO CONSENT FOR THAT .

• Like 5

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

LET ME TALK NOW ABOUT TIME OUT OF THE BODY FOR GRAFTS IN HAIR TRANSPLANT SURGERY .

STUDIES MADE BY DR BEEHNER .

A GRAFT LEFT OUTSIDE THE BODY , AT FREE HAIR , WILL BE DESTROYED IN LESS THAN ONE ,MINUTE .

IN A CHILLED SALINE SOLUTION  ( THE MAJORITY OF CLINIC IN THIS INDUSTRY ) , THE GROWTH RATE WAS ABOVE 90% , AFTER 6 HOURS .

BEYOND 6 HOURS , WE STARTED  TO NOTICE DECREASE IN GROWTH RATE .

DR COOLEY DID SOME EXPERIENCE WITH GRAFTS KEPT IN HYPOTHERMOSOL AND THE SURVIVAL RATE 24H LATER WAS ABOVE 90%.

THAT'S WHY , I AM USING IN MY PRACTICE A COMBINATION OF HYPOTHERMOSOL AND ATP IN MY PRACTICE TO AVOID TIME OUTOF THE BODY LIMITS.

SALINE SOLUTION COSTS LESS THAN 5 USD A BOTTLE .

HYPOTHERMOSOL COST 120USD A BOTTLE OF 20ML 

ATP COST AROUND 50 USD FOR A BOTTLE OF 10ML .

A LOT OF DOCTORS FEELS LIKE IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO USE THIS EXPENSIVE SOLUTION .

I BELIEVE THAT EVERY DETAILS COUNT ESPECIALLY IN A FIELD LIKE HTS WHERE DETAILS MAKE THE DIFFERENCE IN THE FINAL OUTCOME .

• Like 6

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

37 minutes ago, Dr. Patrick Mwamba said:

LET ME TALK NOW ABOUT TIME OUT OF THE BODY FOR GRAFTS IN HAIR TRANSPLANT SURGERY .

A GRAFT LEFT OUTSIDE THE BODY , AT FREE HAIR , WILL BE DESTROYED IN LESS THAN ONE ,MINUTE .

IN A CHILLED SALINE SOLUTION  ( THE MAJORITY OF CLINIC IN THIS INDUSTRY ) , THE GROWTH RATE WAS ABOVE 90% , AFTER 6 HOURS .

DR COOLEY DID SOME EXPERIENCE WITH GRAFTS KEPT IN HYPOTHERMOSOL AND THE SURVIVAL RATE 24H LATER WAS ABOVE 90%.

THAT'S WHY , I AM USING IN MY PRACTICE A COMBINATION OF HYPOTHERMOSOL AND ATP IN MY PRACTICE TO AVOID TIME OUTOF THE BODY LIMITS.

A LOT OF DOCTORS FEELS LIKE IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO USE THIS EXPENSIVE SOLUTION .

I BELIEVE THAT EVERY DETAILS COUNT ESPECIALLY IN A FIELD LIKE HTS WHERE DETAILS MAKE THE DIFFERENCE IN THE FINAL OUTCOME .

Very imformative, thank you.

How is it the doctor fault if patient has undiagnosed lichen planopilaris or other conditions that happen after trauma from HT?

Then, maybe another topic is if all HT surgeons should request a mandatory scalp biopsy as pre-operative requisite? But... surprise surprise... no one does so this is not specific to Mwamba.

Edited by WhereIsMyMind

On 9/16/2022 at 10:08 PM, Dr. Patrick Mwamba said:

What is the percent/concentration of each solution  HYPOTHERMOSOL and ATP to each other to make your customized solution  ? 

@Ajamilo 's result showed poor growth, and it was not a repair case. So its definitely Doctor's fault during the surgery.. The doctor and his team are responsible for the failure and they should take their responsibilities....

However It is obvious that a doctor will never admit that he did something wrong in the procedure, which contributed to low growth. He will try to find another cause...

Edited by Gramatik
  • Like 1

So I get that a doc wants to evaluate a potential failure in person to determine fault and potentially offer a free fix it to make it right.  But, if we’re talking different continents here, then the patient needs to travel all the way to the clinic for a maybe I’ll help you, then travel back again for the make up procedure?  Seems a bit taxing.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Calihome1 said:

So I get that a doc wants to evaluate a potential failure in person to determine fault and potentially offer a free fix it to make it right.  But, if we’re talking different continents here, then the patient needs to travel all the way to the clinic for a maybe I’ll help you, then travel back again for the make up procedure?  Seems a bit taxing.

maybe @Ajamilo can go to a local dermatologist for a scalp biopsy. And see a local HT doc, trichologist, or other hair-related medical professional, then submit the results to Mwamba. 

For whats its worth its almost par for the course for the elite repair docs to require in-person consults. 

Bisanga required me to fly to Belgium for a consult. No ifs ands or buts. 

There was a 3 month waitlist just to fly to North Carolina for a consult with Cooley. Then after the consult their would have been a 1 year waitlist to book surgery 🤣. No thank you.

29 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

maybe @Ajamilo can go to a local dermatologist for a scalp biopsy. And see a local HT doc, trichologist, or other hair-related medical professional, then submit the results to Mwamba. 

For whats its worth its almost par for the course for the elite repair docs to require in-person consults. 

Bisanga required me to fly to Belgium for a consult. No ifs ands or buts. 

There was a 3 month waitlist just to fly to North Carolina for a consult with Cooley. Then after the consult their would have been a 1 year waitlist to book surgery 🤣. No thank you.

Ya it’s annoying, I’m trying to get a consult with Bisanga.  He’s coming to US in Nov, so I need to wait.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Calihome1 said:

Ya it’s annoying, I’m trying to get a consult with Bisanga.  He’s coming to US in Nov, so I need to wait.

just curious, where will he be? I think in May he was in Maryland on vacation, but was also doing consults since he was in-county

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 6:22 AM, mmokin said:

im going to mwamba next month so this is a little concerning what do you advise?

Did you end up having a surgery with Dr Mwamba? if so, how was your experience with him? and Do you have Afro hair as well?

On 9/16/2022 at 1:36 AM, Mike8000fue said:

I also think that dr mwamba stay to much time before extraction and implantation and the grafts are outside the body to much time, this is not good. I did my 3 rd transplant with them and this is my opinion. At my first 2 transplants after extraction the grafts were implanted in a short time.

How did your surgery with Dr Mwamba go? Do you have afro hair?

• 3 months later...

@Ajamilo I do see the cobblestoning, but just wondering if a casual observer would notice? It seems like one of those tiny body imperfections that only we ourselves see. 

34 minutes ago, Ajamilo said:

the cobblestone is obvious when I pull my hair back.

do you normally have your hair pulled back? If not, then the cobblestoning will not be visible. 

I'm not denying this is a real issue and you definitely have the right to be stressed about this regardless of how visible or not it is, I am just saying as part of the hair transplant 'illusion' and practical day to day, if the cobblestoning is not noticeable it may be best to consider it like a tiny scar or other minor imperfection that no one else notices. 

4 hours ago, Mike10 said:

Do not think anything can be done against cobblestone. It is just one of these unpredictable outcomes

cobblestoneing is not unpredictable. This is an surgery mistake that can and should be avoided. most doctors (not all) understand this and are able to transplant hair, leaving the recipient's skin clean and undamaged.

I don't know if it's worth fighting with this in your case. You can easily hide it with your hair and not think about it. Unless you want a short haircut or bangs slicked back. I can't to hide cobblestoning in my case, I've been using the dermaroller for a few months with the recommended intervals and it helps (at least for me) but it takes many sessions and a lot of time and I'm not sure if it will help enough that it will stop bothering me and I will start living normally again . I will continue until summer and see if I have to remove the ugly grafts.

So if it bothers you a lot, read up on the dermaroller, how to use it properly and give it a try.

10 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

@Ajamilo I do see the cobblestoning, but just wondering if a casual observer would notice? It seems like one of those tiny body imperfections that only we ourselves see. 

do you normally have your hair pulled back? If not, then the cobblestoning will not be visible. 

I'm not denying this is a real issue and you definitely have the right to be stressed about this regardless of how visible or not it is, I am just saying as part of the hair transplant 'illusion' and practical day to day, if the cobblestoning is not noticeable it may be best to consider it like a tiny scar or other minor imperfection that no one else notices. 

No I don’t have my hair pulled back usually so that is good.

but I'm afraid to have a short hair style because of two things: lack of density and because of the cobblestoning. thought it was possible to do something with it, such as dermarolling or something else. have heard people use the dermarolling but not sure how good or effective it is

6 hours ago, Matt3210 said:

cobblestoneing is not unpredictable. This is an surgery mistake that can and should be avoided. most doctors (not all) understand this and are able to transplant hair, leaving the recipient's skin clean and undamaged.

I don't know if it's worth fighting with this in your case. You can easily hide it with your hair and not think about it. Unless you want a short haircut or bangs slicked back. I can't to hide cobblestoning in my case, I've been using the dermaroller for a few months with the recommended intervals and it helps (at least for me) but it takes many sessions and a lot of time and I'm not sure if it will help enough that it will stop bothering me and I will start living normally again . I will continue until summer and see if I have to remove the ugly grafts.

So if it bothers you a lot, read up on the dermaroller, how to use it properly and give it a try.

Honestly I prefer shorter hairstyle and I feel I look much better when I have a short hairstyle. But because of the density issue I have been growing out  the hair. But I can always do something about the density issue such as new surgery and that stuff.  but am a bit shocked that I also got cobblestone. I Always thought that one get such things in Turkish unstable clinics and not from doctors. hope @Dr. Patrick Mwambacan explain the reason for that.

thanks for the advice btw @Matt3210i will read up on it and see if I can improve it. but do you see a clear difference from how it looked to how it looks now with the use of the dermarolling? Mine doesn't have to be perfect. just want to improve it to be honest.

9 hours ago, Matt3210 said:

you have any source tpo back this up?

my source is google. I have a problem with cobblestoning for a long time and I read about it all over the internet heh. cobblestoning, pitting and rimming are some of the HT complications that can be avoided.

There are no thorough studies and solutions for non-surgical treatment of cobblestoning. Some doctors recommend trying the fraxel laser. Dermarolling is a cheap equivalent of the laser, it is about damaging, exfoliating the skin and stimulating the production of new collagen. I have noticed that after a few sessions the recipient's skin and cobblestoning have improved a bit so will continue. 

You can't count on getting rid of the problem quickly, but it worked for me a little over time. I notice differences.

I don't know how it might work on Afro people due to the pigment and the risk of scarring. you have to read and be careful.