GATSBY 'UNPLUGGED!' 15,671 (3 surgeries) Grafts FUE+BHT Dr. Sethi Eugenix

Gatsby

On 8/16/2023 at 3:01 AM, Gatsby said:

I'm extremely happy with my results and to be honest I don't really think about my hair in general. I am though incredibly relieved to not have to worry about my scars anymore. Even the donor scars have now filled in from the donor farming and when I run my fingers through it there is no gap anymore.

thumbnail_IMG_8414.jpg

001.JPG

@Gatsby Looking at these photos it is just incredible where you are now. Just one of the most amazing transformations I have ever since across Forums.

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
42 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

@Gatsbymay i ask how „beardy“ you were before the procedure? 

on a scale from mighty beard from the middle east to „can hardly grow a mustache“? how thick in diameter were the beard grafts and how many got transplanted?

my apologies if you already answered that question

I had over 7K beard grafts transplanted. From Middle Eastern to Asian my beard comes in as Caucasian. About average but can grow a full beard. The oral minoxidil has thickened it since using it also. 👍

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

I had over 7K beard grafts transplanted. From Middle Eastern to Asian my beard comes in as Caucasian. About average but can grow a full beard. The oral minoxidil has thickened it since using it also. 👍

do you have a pic where you grew your beard out or did you always shave/trim it?

On 8/16/2023 at 3:01 AM, Gatsby said:

I'm extremely happy with my results and to be honest I don't really think about my hair in general. I am though incredibly relieved to not have to worry about my scars anymore. Even the donor scars have now filled in from the donor farming and when I run my fingers through it there is no gap anymore.

thumbnail_IMG_8414.jpg

001.JPG

WTF.. this is unbelievable.. just mind blowing that this was your starting point

• Thanks 1

@Gatsby Your story is an inspiration for hair loss sufferers far and wide. Do you ever look at the pictures of you, slick bald norwood 6, and compare it to your hair today, and smile at how far you've come? I'm also an individual who had a HT at age 18  at a hairmill (big mistake, I know), but now I'm in my mid 20s and have been on dutasteride for 2 years and have had a HT repair from one of Europe's best surgeons. It's not perfect and I'm having a touch up in November, but I know that I would be slick bald now without medical therapy and the HT intervention. 
Thanks Adrian, for being so open. You've helped me to not feel so guilty and ashamed about having a HT at 18, which I regret so much even to this day. 

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
25 minutes ago, Magic City said:

@Gatsby Your story is an inspiration for hair loss sufferers far and wide. Do you ever look at the pictures of you, slick bald norwood 6, and compare it to your hair today, and smile at how far you've come? I'm also an individual who had a HT at age 18  at a hairmill (big mistake, I know), but now I'm in my mid 20s and have been on dutasteride for 2 years and have had a HT repair from one of Europe's best surgeons. It's not perfect and I'm having a touch up in November, but I know that I would be slick bald now without medical therapy and the HT intervention. 
Thanks Adrian, for being so open. You've helped me to not feel so guilty and ashamed about having a HT at 18, which I regret so much even to this day. 

@Magic City I feel your depression, isolation, pain and most of all the guilt. I think the one and worst feeling that remained with me for all those years was the guilt. Because I chose to have what happened to me. But remember this. No one should be operated on for a hair transplant at 18!! You are psychologically not equipped to make a rational decision about anything at that age. Your frontal lobes have not fully developed and won’t until your early/mid 20’s. So don’t feel guilty one little bit about what someone, who knew better, did to you for life for the sake of a few bucks. I’m so happy that you are on medication and have been repaired so you can get on with your life. Mine is a cautionary tale. If it can help one person then it has been worth it. 🙏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, botchedguy95 said:

WTF.. this is unbelievable.. just mind blowing that this was your starting point

Many thanks @botchedguy95. This was also my starting point. Punch graft scars from early surgery including repair surgery in the donor that caused the loss of over 2K grafts. Also a long FUT scar from one temple to another after several surgeries to remove the plugs. As I have said earlier I believe that Dr Sethi was the only doctor who could have addressed all these challenges along with restoring my Norwood 7 hair loss. 

IMG_7616.jpeg

IMG_7288.jpeg

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

I chose Dr Sethi at Eugenix two years before my first procedure. Back then, Dr Zarev was not that well known for his work and I knew he wouldn’t use high numbers of beard hair and my donor was not good enough for his style of results. Dr Pittella was also not that well known at the time and I knew he would not bring the hairline down low enough to cover the hairline scar (which was a big priority for me to have surgery).

With Eugenix I had seen a lot of results (and I mean a lot) of Norwood 6/7 patients going back to around 2014 and how they were masters when it came to ‘the art’ of blending thousands of beard grafts with scalp grafts. Anyone can extract beard grafts. But knowing where they should go and how they should appear is something else. I also built up an excellent rapport with Dr Sethi over two years prior to my first surgery and was never pushed into it. If you go back and look at many of my posts you will see that I believe ‘communication’ is the most important part of surgery and this was a big part in my decision making also. 

On 8/18/2023 at 12:34 AM, Gatsby said:

IMG_7616.jpeg

I have question about this scars. I know that they were adressed in HT and they are no longer issue.

Upper scar looks normal, like regular linear FUT scar. However lower scar has unusual pattern, why is that? 

I'm curious because I'm considering FUT myself

Edited by GeneralNorwood

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

I have question about this scars. I know that they were adressed in HT and they are no longer issue.

Upper scar looks normal, like regular linear FUT scar. However lower scar has unusual pattern, why is that? 

I'm curious because I'm considering FUT myself

I never had FUT @GeneralNorwood. the bottom scar is from my first punch graft surgery. The scar above was exactly the same from the second punch graft surgery, however I later had it excised. I was going to do the same with the lower scar but gave up. It's the same with the hairline scar. It was filled with punch graft plugs from the donor. I had them all excised over several smaller procedures to try and reduce the scar from being too wide. You can see in this photo how the plugs were excised from the temples in one of surgeries (last one I think). It took about six surgeries to finally 'cut out' all of the plugs over a six year span in my early to mid twenties.

2.jpg

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Truly remarkable 

57D70132-D4A0-4DFD-8432-4F800F3764D9.jpeg

The 🐐 GOAT

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

Thanks Melvin. Looking back it’s a reminder of how grateful I am. I wouldn’t have even attempted this without yourself, this community and Eugenix. I also never dreamed I would have hair again, let alone the disappearance of scars in this lifetime. 🙏

• Like 2

On 8/1/2023 at 12:19 AM, Gatsby said:

SIX MONTH UPDATE

Well I’m now at six months post HT2. I’ve just had a haircut and I’m delighted with what Dr Sethi and @Eugenix Hair Sciences have done for me. 🙏

IMG_2250.png

IMG_2247.png

IMG_2237.jpeg

IMG_2235.jpeg

Omg

Adrian I hadn't seen your progress in the last few months, and I must say I cannot even BELIEVE the transformation!  

I mean, ofc I can cause you went to the best in the world, but man oh man, I wasn't expecting results like this, and you're only even halfway...

Looking great brother, I am excited for you, you must be absolutely thrilled!!

• Thanks 1

On 9/5/2023 at 5:54 PM, Gatsby said:

Thanks Melvin. Looking back it’s a reminder of how grateful I am. I wouldn’t have even attempted this without yourself, this community and Eugenix. I also never dreamed I would have hair again, let alone the disappearance of scars in this lifetime. 🙏

Can you still grow a beard or is it too depleted?

• Valued Contributor
6 hours ago, Capelli21 said:

Omg

Adrian I hadn't seen your progress in the last few months, and I must say I cannot even BELIEVE the transformation!  

I mean, ofc I can cause you went to the best in the world, but man oh man, I wasn't expecting results like this, and you're only even halfway...

Looking great brother, I am excited for you, you must be absolutely thrilled!!

Thanks @Capelli21. Yes since I was first botched way back when I was only 18 I never dreamed that, not only would I have hair again, but I also never dreamed that my scars would be hidden for good. 🙏

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Can you still grow a beard or is it too depleted?

@Jonathan yes I can but my beard now is almost grey/white so I would never grow one. I’d rather put it on my scalp and my donor scars and color it. 

• Like 3