Who does Softest, most natural Temple points?

5 minutes ago, Gokuhairline said:

fair enough, at the end of the day its what you want and not what anybody thinks right ? it looks like temple work at eugenix is just part of the procedure unless you ask them not to touch it ? the others don't have temple work and I assume its cause the patients did not specifically ask....so its good you know what you want out of it...connect with @Melvin- Moderatorif you have not already he can probably tell you a lot more. GL

I've followed Melvin's journey update and i've talked with guys that have gone before. I've looked at quite a few of the guys on here who visited. Specifically where they have a similar situation and it looks like they have the right skills for what i need and you're right, that's what you need to focus on. What you need and the best place to meet that. 

If i needed the frontal hairline only doing and so on, there's probably a significant amount of more doctors to choose from, but if you need a frontal hairline and complete temporal point recreation, i think Eugenix are definitely in your top choices. 

1 minute ago, George Clooney said:

I would suggest carefully looking at patient submitted cases rather than Youtube videos posted by the clinics themselves. The best is patient submitted videos which are starting to become the new standard.

Otherwise it sounds like you have your head on straight.

As far as technical expertise Eugenix is amongst the best in the world in my opinion. My comment is only an opinion on their artistry/style, which as you've pointed out is a result of a dialogue between the patient and surgeon. I am sure they'll work with you to make sure it's what you want.

Honestly, i've had a look at a fair few patients as mentioned above that have been to Eugenix to get that more genuine experience and i think that the fact there's so many right now 6+ months into their journey and seen solid results, that inspires confidence. 

Not to say of course that everybody will have a 100% perfect result but on balance, i think Eugenix are probably the best fit for me and my goals. I might need to go for another down the line, but right now, i think it's the right place for my first. 

• Like 2

• Administrators

The temple work from Dr. Sethi is a big reason why I chose them. Design is subjective, but after looking at dozens of results. I prefer their design and execution. The temple work is excellent

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, NARMAK said:

Mine are completely gone. I think they were affected by retrograde alopecia that was concentrated around the temple points almost exclusively from a younger age. 

I am planning on going to Eugenix but i am getting them to customise the design to not be that same typical angle you mentioned.

Where i personally trust Eugenix is imo their ability to blend the hair with the way they approach Temple Point restoration with singles and the right angles and curl for the hair. They actually have shown significantly far more temple point restorations than others out there from the ones i have seen. 

I have had a lool at Dr Bisanga's YouTube and even Dr Konior examples linked about, but i haven't seen them do a full on 100% temple point restoration or on those parts regularly shown off. Dr Bisanga for example boxes off near the top, not usually touching the temporal points. 

I think for me personally, i feel Eugenix are the place and maybe i want to believe that more cause i'm choosing them for mine but if it doesn't work out i'd out my hands up but even Melvin on here chose them specifically for their expertise in that area. 

I would say another example that convinced me was a video of a model guy on their YouTube with a well constructed temple point and how good that looked imo years later. 

Not sure exactly what you're looking for but the Konior cases I linked above are examples of frontal, fronto-temporal closure, and full temple point reconstruction. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

15 minutes ago, BDK081522 said:

Not sure exactly what you're looking for but the Konior cases I linked above are examples of frontal, fronto-temporal closure, and full temple point reconstruction. 

I've looked at the example and Dr Konior is certainly talented at making the temple work he does look good in terms of natural blending. However, in those examples, i personally wasn't a fan of the way the designs were sometimes done to blend with the higher hairline but they work i guess visually when growth comes in. 

That said, those temple points for the males at least still aren't as numerous as the examples of what I see done from Eugenix which imo are closer to what i personally require and i guess what Melvin and others felt they needed. 

When i said they "have done a 100% restoration" i meant in the way that most of those linked male examples still had some temple points that were strong enough to work on. 

It's not to say Dr Konior couldn't do it, but a place that's done it and shown it off more often imo shows greater skill and repeatability for that. 

I suppose, another factor in some cases might be seen as budget, but even Melvin with budget no issues and every doctor at his choice, chose Eugenix. 

I am more budget oriented which i have no reason to lie about, but i am also willing to pay a slight premium for the craftsmanship of the right place for my needs. 

1 hour ago, George Clooney said:

I mean, don't get me wrong. Eugenix's early growth with their patient posted cases here is *insane*.

But regarding hairline design in particular, too round is bad and too straight is bad. A rounded curve can look very effete and no one likes that unless it's a female or transgender patient. But if I can make an isosceles triangle with someone's hairline, that can look just as awkward and unnatural.

Yes that's what I meant, you said it more eloquently than me.

Those angles will look profoundly bizarre as the person getting the transplant ages. Sure, your point that you can have it adjusted is fair, but Sethi and Bansal really should have a better feel by now considering their volume and prices.

I'm not posting pics of patients that look bad to me because that would feel really horrible if I was the patient and some stranger crapped on my hairline online after I had deal with all the pain and loss of money/time, but the overly angulated hairline is the rule not the exception over there. They will get better with time.

Ferreira and Konior are the top hairline guys I've seen here. Hattingen is also excellent though most of his patient submitted cases are on the German forums. Rahal and Couto are strong as well though their densities can be inconsistent

What is your basis for saying this about Couto? In Spain we have known his work very well for many years and we have never seen inconsistencies in his results, not even a complaint from a client.
And about the topic discussed in this thread (temple points), if you find a surgeon who perfectly reconstructs the temples like Couto does, please upload case examples here and let's start comparing. Couto has many published temple point cases with amazing result, he almost always restores them when they are receded.

Temples are tough. Not many do them very well. I went to Bisanga for my crown. While I was there, I asked him to boost my temples. I didn't get a count, but I'm guessing around 100 grafts for both sides. I'm only at month 5.5 but they are coming in nicely. If anything, I wish we did more grafts.

BHR-Month-5.5-temples.thumb.jpg.f968c27adc9ff9831bace690b18cb86f.jpg

Edited by MachoVato
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, RMancini said:

What is your basis for saying this about Couto? In Spain we have known his work very well for many years and we have never seen inconsistencies in his results, not even a complaint from a client.
And about the topic discussed in this thread (temple points), if you find a surgeon who perfectly reconstructs the temples like Couto does, please upload case examples here and let's start comparing. Couto has many published temple point cases with amazing result, he almost always restores them when they are receded.

I really don't want to post pictures of hairlines from another forum. He's really good, amongst the best, but sometimes his lines can be a little pluggy. The majority of his cases on the Spanish forums are broken links these days so maybe you saw real time something that's since been taken down, but I'm just basing this on the handful of patient submitted cases that are available over there. 

But really that's the reason threads like this, while they can be fun, are ultimately pointless. What's pluggy to me could be just fine to another person or could be related to the quality of the picture itself. Especially if you're limiting yourself to patient submitted photos there's no standardization it's just whatever the guy did with his smart phone. Everyone mentioned in this thread would do a stellar job in their own style, including Eugenix. They may actually be the best in the world as far as yield. Just see what fits for you.

I would chose the style that Eugenix have on their temple work any day. I have seen a lot of people well into their 50s with mild recession in their fronto-temporal angles, who have never had any transplant and they naturally have that sharp angular look to it. It looks completely natural and youthful for their age as well. I'm not a fan of rounded off corners tbh. To say that Eugenix don't have a natural hairline and temple design is a bit of generalization tbh. To each their own. I'd prefer their design over someone who rounds up the closure from the hairline to the temporal peak into the temple. And it becomes increasingly difficult to give a proper blend to the transition if the corner is too rounded off as there are more chances of the hair sticking out, even with a good transplant. One can definitely adjust according to their own preference after consulting with the doctor.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Gokuhairline said:

@NARMAKthe guy above me is the one i was talking about. check it out @MachoVatohis dr was bisanga out of belgium....that is what  a soft and natural temples look like.

Yes he has great temples. Bisanga is a Coalition member for a good reason. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 1/24/2022 at 12:10 AM, Drish said:

I would chose the style that Eugenix have on their temple work any day. I have seen a lot of people well into their 50s with mild recession in their fronto-temporal angles, who have never had any transplant and they naturally have that sharp angular look to it. It looks completely natural and youthful for their age as well. I'm not a fan of rounded off corners tbh. To say that Eugenix don't have a natural hairline and temple design is a bit of generalization tbh. To each their own. I'd prefer their design over someone who rounds up the closure from the hairline to the temporal peak into the temple. And it becomes increasingly difficult to give a proper blend to the transition if the corner is too rounded off as there are more chances of the hair sticking out, even with a good transplant. One can definitely adjust according to their own preference after consulting with the doctor.

This is literally all of their cases, it's a generalization but a fairly accurate one. A straight and angulated hairline in someone over 50 with a wasteland behind it might be fine for instagram but it is not a good look for real life. Almost everyone will lose their native hairs with age. Temples are probably the hardest part of hairline reconstruction. Eugenix hasn't figured them out yet. Their yields are great but their hairlines are bizarre and unnatural, similar to a lot of the Turkish clinics.

That's my opinion, I'm allowed to have it as you are allowed to have yours. This isn't an advertising forum it's a discussion forum.

De Freitas, Bisanga, Feriduni, Couto, Rahal, Konior, Hasson and Ferreira are great options for natural age appropriate hairlines.

Edited by George Clooney
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, George Clooney said:

This is literally all of their cases, it's a generalization but a fairly accurate one. A straight and angulated hairline in someone over 50 with a wasteland behind it might be fine for instagram but it is not a good look for real life. Almost everyone will lose their native hairs with age. Temples are probably the hardest part of hairline reconstruction. Eugenix hasn't figured them out yet. Their yields are great but their hairlines are bizarre and unnatural, similar to a lot of the Turkish clinics.

That's my opinion, I'm allowed to have it as you are allowed to have yours. This isn't an advertising forum it's a discussion forum.

De Freitas, Bisanga, Feriduni, Couto, Rahal, Konior, Hasson and Ferreira are great options for natural age appropriate hairlines.

It's funny. 

After your comments, i was walking around the supermarket and looking at temple points and noticed how many naturally had Dorito shaped points lol. 

So, maybe Eugenix might not be doing it to the same artistic design you generally like, but it does seem natural enough lol. 

That said, i think most might be going on a standard design recommend by the doctor as they feel they know best for the Aesthetic side whereas people like perhaps me and you would present an alternative design we feel is better. 

Well, that's what i plan to do anyways. If i couldn't enjoy them in my late teens and 20s, i'm damn sure gonna make the most of them if i get em recreated lol

20 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

It's funny. 

After your comments, i was walking around the supermarket and looking at temple points and noticed how many naturally had Dorito shaped points lol. 

So, maybe Eugenix might not be doing it to the same artistic design you generally like, but it does seem natural enough lol. 

That said, i think most might be going on a standard design recommend by the doctor as they feel they know best for the Aesthetic side whereas people like perhaps me and you would present an alternative design we feel is better. 

Well, that's what i plan to do anyways. If i couldn't enjoy them in my late teens and 20s, i'm damn sure gonna make the most of them if i get em recreated lol

Totally fair points. Sharp temples look great initially if there's hair behind them but odd over time as the native hairs fall out because of the front-rear asymmetry. If you're going to be on dutasteride for the rest of your life or feel confident that your hair loss won't progress based on your family history than it's totally reasonable to go with that approach.

Everyone has to find the path that works for them. For some that means medical management and no surgery, for others it's a more conservative surgeon like Lorenzo or Feriduni, and for others still it's with someone more aggressive that's willing to give you a 25 year old hairline regardless of your age.

Only time will tell who's right in the long run, which sucks for us.

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

It's funny. 

Personally, I wanted the sharp angular temple points. Of course, not every person is born with the same temple points. There are variances in nature. That is why for example, Drake has a straight square hairline, while others non-afro descent have much different hairlines. It does not mean that square hairlines aren't natural. It just means patient selection is key and crucial. 

I think Jake Gylenhaal and Brad Pitt are prime examples of a guys, who in my opinion are the GOATs of hairlines. They both have very angular sharp temple points which absolutely look natural, and in my opinion frames their face in a pleasant way.

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

View my thread

1 hour ago, George Clooney said:

Totally fair points. Sharp temples look great initially if there's hair behind them but odd over time as the native hairs fall out because of the front-rear asymmetry. If you're going to be on dutasteride for the rest of your life or feel confident that your hair loss won't progress based on your family history than it's totally reasonable to go with that approach.

Everyone has to find the path that works for them. For some that means medical management and no surgery, for others it's a more conservative surgeon like Lorenzo or Feriduni, and for others still it's with someone more aggressive that's willing to give you a 25 year old hairline regardless of your age.

Only time will tell who's right in the long run, which sucks for us.

Yeah, i am on Dutasteride and hoping to be on it for a long time. I never really had temple points from late teens till now and they look almost exactly the same from 17/18 till now when i'm 31. 

Recreating the frontal hairline and temple point is what gives me a confidence to have it done to the design i want and if necessary, i'd rather have further HTs to cover that frontal loss. 

I guess the biggest issue for most honestly is that we have parents and Uncles who may have never used Finasteride or Dutasteride and as a result we could never truly know how our genetics might hold up with those treatments over time. Even if say for example they're Norwood 4s to 6s, maybe with medication they might have not ever receded past that point if they blocked that additional DHT. 

So, although we have now got a long term safety study for Finasteride, we don't appear to have any clinical studies to see how generational hair loss is impacted by being on medication. That should hopefully be something studied soon imo. 

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Personally, I wanted the sharp angular temple points. Of course, not every person is born with the same temple points. There are variances in nature. That is why for example, Drake has a straight square hairline, while others non-afro descent have much different hairlines. It does not mean that square hairlines aren't natural. It just means patient selection is key and crucial. 

I think Jake Gylenhaal and Brad Pitt are prime examples of a guys, who in my opinion are the GOATs of hairlines. They both have very angular sharp temple points which absolutely look natural, and in my opinion frames their face in a pleasant way.

image.png

image.png

I saw Brad Pitts and they were a little sharper than i thought i'd want. I know it's completely unrealistic to have it be vertical but Jake's are a lot more closer to that and i really think that's what i'd go for. 

In fact, i have the picture up in my Temple Point thread from a little while back where they drew the original sharper angle and i adjusted it slightly to a less sharp angle that's a bit more vertical like Jake's and i much prefer that for framing i think. 

Ultimately i can only trust hopefully when i have it done, it has sufficient density with enough grafts after 12 months for both temple points and hairline. I've got an agreement for 2200 grafts right now. I think around that should hopefully get me the right results for what i want. 

On 1/25/2022 at 10:11 AM, NARMAK said:

I guess the biggest issue for most honestly is that we have parents and Uncles who may have never used Finasteride or Dutasteride and as a result we could never truly know how our genetics might hold up with those treatments over time. Even if say for example they're Norwood 4s to 6s, maybe with medication they might have not ever receded past that point if they blocked that additional DHT. 

So, although we have now got a long term safety study for Finasteride, we don't appear to have any clinical studies to see how generational hair loss is impacted by being on medication. That should hopefully be something studied soon imo. 

Not much to add to your discussion, well said. It sounds like you've considered this carefully and are going into it with good research and a healthy mindset.

Edited by George Clooney

11 minutes ago, OliverAtom said:

From what I have seen around, the softest and most natural temples, in my opinion, are those designed by Dr Couto at FUExpert Clinic... just look at these pieces of art:

1561407510_temples1.png.8c8bedb92426cfe30238c8214ec9ed4b.png

958706948_temples2.png.cf3b797ba33f81f2325fc659448a71b4.png

417253982_temples3.png.37c69c27b7e45052c8a579242a640cc0.png

283468301_temples4.thumb.png.b2876980d3b8333de74fc3f2447b5ba1.png

503805393_temples5.png.61a228070d9a3cf88cd303bcf295be80.png

i agree! BUt i dont want to wait 4 years just for a consult  haha   i submitted 2 emails and photos photos during 2020 and still havent gotten a response

3 hours ago, Ffx305 said:

i agree! BUt i dont want to wait 4 years just for a consult  haha   i submitted 2 emails and photos photos during 2020 and still havent gotten a response

Unfortunately this is a massive issue. His work is lauded and recognised but the wait list is ridiculous and apparently he's not even giving a consultation for up to a year. What lol

I know they say patience is a virtue but if i'm like early 30s, i'd like to enjoy the majority of those 30s with the results, not waiting 4 years to get the procedure and then another 12 months. 

Maybe if you throw enough at them, they bump you up. It's a shady trick but it wouldn't be beyond these top Drs to make the most for their skills and time. 

13 minutes ago, Baldingat22 said:

Agree. I’ve heard great things on him as a doctor so I’m not saying he isn’t good but for that rate I don’t think he is that much better

I think it's ultimately that you accrue a reputation as "The Best" or "Top 5" etc. and that has a knock on effect for demand. It's one of the most elected procedures for males and imo it's a sellers market to set their prices according to their reputation, skills etc. 

The demand imo has only massively increased and although hair mills are popping up left, right and centre. The reputable places are seriously outnumbered and in demand, so it's a bad combination for those in particular who are stuck in this massive modern age magnifying glass hyper focused on looks and losing their hair, and just want to get that confidence back they feel they would have. Unfortunately that desperation leads to poor choices and that's why we're heading for a pandemic in 10-15 years or less of men who have been ruined by hair mills and nothing would be possible as their donors may have beeb destroyed. 

I personally am grateful i didn't rush into a hair transplant in my early 20s. I'm just as grateful for having the foresight and access to these sources of information like the forum etc. to finally convince myself to try medication first.  albeit also greatly thanks to my younger brother who took the step even before me. 

I also feel like my particular case whilst it doesn't seem particularly unique, it has its own issues. My temporal points completely receded by like my late teens. The frontal hairline wasn't too bad and just maturing but it's due to the lack of temple points that it made my situation possibly look worse and harder to style over so i still got the same sort of feeling as others that lose their hair at a younger age too. 

It's only recently again in the last few years i started looking again to potentially have a hair transplant and i would argue the hardest part of a hair transplant is to restore the temple points and imo there's only a handful of clinics/Dr's in the world probably adept enough to do them. I think i may have found the right place, but i just need to get some things in order before i'll know if i can actually go through with it. 

I'm on a budget, but more power to those that have the financial means to cherry pick the absolute best out there and go through with it for their peace of mind. 

I'm just trying to pay a little more, get the quality i need and not get ruined at a hair mill. 

1 hour ago, NARMAK said:

I think it's ultimately that you accrue a reputation as "The Best" or "Top 5" etc. and that has a knock on effect for demand. It's one of the most elected procedures for males and imo it's a sellers market to set their prices according to their reputation, skills etc. 

The demand imo has only massively increased and although hair mills are popping up left, right and centre. The reputable places are seriously outnumbered and in demand, so it's a bad combination for those in particular who are stuck in this massive modern age magnifying glass hyper focused on looks and losing their hair, and just want to get that confidence back they feel they would have. Unfortunately that desperation leads to poor choices and that's why we're heading for a pandemic in 10-15 years or less of men who have been ruined by hair mills and nothing would be possible as their donors may have beeb destroyed. 

I personally am grateful i didn't rush into a hair transplant in my early 20s. I'm just as grateful for having the foresight and access to these sources of information like the forum etc. to finally convince myself to try medication first.  albeit also greatly thanks to my younger brother who took the step even before me. 

I also feel like my particular case whilst it doesn't seem particularly unique, it has its own issues. My temporal points completely receded by like my late teens. The frontal hairline wasn't too bad and just maturing but it's due to the lack of temple points that it made my situation possibly look worse and harder to style over so i still got the same sort of feeling as others that lose their hair at a younger age too. 

It's only recently again in the last few years i started looking again to potentially have a hair transplant and i would argue the hardest part of a hair transplant is to restore the temple points and imo there's only a handful of clinics/Dr's in the world probably adept enough to do them. I think i may have found the right place, but i just need to get some things in order before i'll know if i can actually go through with it. 

I'm on a budget, but more power to those that have the financial means to cherry pick the absolute best out there and go through with it for their peace of mind. 

I'm just trying to pay a little more, get the quality i need and not get ruined at a hair mill. 

What age do you think is the absolutely earliest a man should go through with HT based off donor keepage and progression of hair loss  on average?