3,528 Grafts Dr. Bruno Ferreira Jan 11 & 12

JoeMan

2 hours ago, JC71 said:

He’s definitely worth the wait 👍🏽 That’s not the worst waiting list, but yeh just getting a consultation might take a while. 

True, honestly if its just two months its not too bad and if its possible to scheduele a transplant starting next year I cant say it will be bad either. 

Alexandra mentioned that it may take a few months until he starts accepting new proposals, I will go from there and see where it leads. 

By the way, the transplant seems to be going well, I love the fact that Ferreira seems not just care about the grafts he is pulling when transplanting but also the comfort of the patient trying to avoid even the slightest discomfort. It sits really good on him and I guess its one of the reasons I feel tempted to wait. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jtoorrees said:

Looks great! Also thanks for sharing! He’s one of the top if not top on my list. I’ve reached out already and am on a waiting list to be reached out to for a consultation. 

Yeah I really almost swapped and went with Dr. De Freitas but his staff lost my pictures and I had already booked with Dr. Ferreira. My biggest concern was the lack of patient reviews on Dr Ferreira and or even posted results by him. He must've taken 200 pictures of my head, so I know that he has loads of results by now. I'm not sure why he has only 3 on his website. This is the main reason I decided to post. I kept hearing great things about him but not seeing many results. Of course they have a few but not many from start to finish. 

Nevertheless, I stayed the coarse with him and so far I'm glad I did. I feel like he took his time designing the hairline and to me at least, I think it looks great. Also note that with Dr Ferreira, you are the only patient and he is the only person that touches your head. The techs sort and load grafts into the pens but he does the rest. Each Dr is different in their approach so I don't think this model is the only means of success either. It just made me feel better about the situation.

I'm not sure about other Dr's but he also offers a 90% growth guarantee. My guess is this would be difficult to evaluate but I have seen someone post on here with less desirable results from him and Dr. Ferreira's reply seems to indicate that he was going to fix it and satisfy his commitment. Not sure of the final outcome since op went silent. My guess is they agreed not to talk about it online until its repaired? Just a guess...

Good luck with your decision. Let me know if you have any questions. 

• Like 3

I'm going to follow your progress with interest. All the signs are good.

Addressing the issue of lack of posted results on his website. This can only be by design. He doesn't even show his poster boy @Rolandas😄

I don't have any inside knowledge, so take this as you will. I think he is building his business in the meticulous way he does his surgery. He wants to manage every step of the process. We have seen criticism of the perceived slow response to online consultations. While at the same time praise for his personalised consultation. Unfortunately, you can't have it both ways.The reason many people have shortlist Dr Ferreira is he doesn't delegate responsibility (medical related). You deal with the person that will be working on your head. Driving up the marketing when you are already fully booked is counterproductive. You will generate a lot of unfulfilled demand.

Anyways exciting times ahead for you!

3 hours ago, AA1989 said:

Addressing the issue of lack of posted results on his website. This can only be by design. He doesn't even show his poster boy @Rolandas😄

I never thought about this but it is very odd that his case is not shown. Maybe because Rolandas has shown it enough on his own, which I believe is the reason he's booked solid for a year now.

I personally booked because of those videos. My questions have always been, why is he so highly recommended with so few results. I felt like I was missing something. It really was nerve racking scouring the internet for results only to come up empty handed. I even checked Spanish forums and not much there. My personal opinion is that he does micromanage his business and he's already very busy. Posting results takes time and effort. He did mention that he was hiring help for Alexandra (his assistant that goes back and forth on Whatsapp). She was very nice but there were a few times where communication broke down. Either from language barrier or she's likely overwhelmed. Overall she was very accommodating though. I was looking forward to meeting her but unfortunately she caught Covid. 

You are probably better placed to comment but reading your experience. It appears he enjoys providing a one to one service. He is making a good living, working with happy staff and building a portfolio of satisfied patients. I am sure he is still refining his procedures monitoring how the changes he makes affect the outcome.

Working for Dr Lorenzo, he experienced a busy practice where multiple patients are treated each day. That may be the future business model, but for now, it is about building a solid reputation.

This was a result that stood out for me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AA1989 said:

You are probably better placed to comment but reading your experience. It appears he enjoys providing a one to one service. He is making a good living, working with happy staff and building a portfolio of satisfied patients. I am sure he is still refining his procedures monitoring how the changes he makes affect the outcome.

Working for Dr Lorenzo, he experienced a busy practice where multiple patients are treated each day. That may be the future business model, but for now, it is about building a solid reputation.

This was a result that stood out for me.

Yes, I agree. Obviously what he's doing is working. I'm not sure he wants to build up to multiple patients a day but I didn't ask. I did see the case you referenced. I guess what I meant was that if you look at Dr. De Freitas, his portfolio and write ups are very detailed. Many many posted cases.

Obviously I chose Dr. Ferreira in the end, and as I've stated I'm really glad that I did. I just think he can do better than 3 posted cases on his website. I know several people on this forum currently posting progress from him so I think in 6 months time, he will have quite a few patient reviews to help others decide. 

18 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

Yes, I agree. Obviously what he's doing is working. I'm not sure he wants to build up to multiple patients a day but I didn't ask. I did see the case you referenced. I guess what I meant was that if you look at Dr. De Freitas, his portfolio and write ups are very detailed. Many many posted cases.

Obviously I chose Dr. Ferreira in the end, and as I've stated I'm really glad that I did. I just think he can do better than 3 posted cases on his website. I know several people on this forum currently posting progress from him so I think in 6 months time, he will have quite a few patient reviews to help others decide. 

To be honest, I think it really is just because he hasn't been flying solo for very long. I believe only opened up his own practice a few years back, and even up until very recently, was still working at Dr. Lorenzo's clinic by splitting his time between the two (at least this is true as far as I am aware, but this is just what I've gathered).

As a result he has only recently had the ability to really have patients post in forums under his name, and I think in a few years time he will have dozens just like the rest who have been around for a while.

As for the website, some just don't really seem to bother with it, Dr. Pinto doesn't have any on his site either, but he is already inundated with traffic from people on forums and word of mouth anyway, as I imagine Ferreira is too.

Edited by JDEE0
  • Like 1

Great looking post-op as always from Dr. Ferreira. Excited to see the results.

He's had the same three results on his website for a couple years now, but he has many more before/afters on his Instagram.

And if he's booked a year out, the truth is he doesn't have to market himself or change anything if he doesn't want to. Maybe he'll remove all results if his waitlist gets too long, haha.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BD99 said:

Great looking post-op as always from Dr. Ferreira. Excited to see the results.

He's had the same three results on his website for a couple years now, but he has many more before/afters on his Instagram.

And if he's booked a year out, the truth is he doesn't have to market himself or change anything if he doesn't want to. Maybe he'll remove all results if his waitlist gets too long, haha.

Lol good point and I agree 👍

I was just commenting on how hard it made my decision and the anxiety I had before the procedure. I didn't have the largest budget but Drs. Ferreira, Basinga, Ozlem, De Freitas and Anderson in Atlanta were on my short list. Quickly scratched a few off and ended with the tuff decision between Dr. De Freitas and Ferreira. I should note that Basinga was 4€ but charges a VAT tax on top i believe. So at 3€ I feel Dr Ferreira is a really good value, hence being booked for a year. I really liked how relaxed and effortless it felt for him. Seemed like he's extremely comfortable performing the procedure which really put me at ease. 

So day 2 post op. Hopefully everything looks OK. I thought my doner would be less noticeable by now. This is just after a somewhat aggressive wash of doner area but I was a little hesitant as I didn't want to mess with the recipient. Let me know if I just need to wash it better or if it just needs more time. Doesn't hurt or anything, maybe just feels weird. Sleeping is annoying for sure. I can't wait to sleep normally again which I'm guessing is around day 10? Other than sleeping, I've been spraying every hour if not more often but now I'm afraid I'll run out lol. Guess I'll back off a little. 

20220114_155958.jpg

20220114_155921.jpg

20220114_155845.jpg

20220114_160814.jpg

20220114_160846.jpg

20220114_160807.jpg

• Like 1

Some people just take an extra few days for the donor to ease up. I'm sure it will be looking much better in another 2 days. The recipient does look quite red though, but maybe that's just the camera bringing out more of the color? In any event your experience sounds like it was great. You picked a great surgeon.

2 minutes ago, SD1984 said:

Some people just take an extra few days for the donor to ease up. I'm sure it will be looking much better in another 2 days. The recipient does look quite red though, but maybe that's just the camera bringing out more of the color? In any event your experience sounds like it was great. You picked a great surgeon.

Thanks! Yeah I think the flash makes it look worse. It is reddish but not as bad as the pic looks above. Here is without flash. I think it looks a little better. I guess it's normal for redness since they did just jam 3,500 needles in my scalp lol

20220114_230914.jpg

5 hours ago, JoeMan said:

Thanks! Yeah I think the flash makes it look worse. It is reddish but not as bad as the pic looks above. Here is without flash. I think it looks a little better. I guess it's normal for redness since they did just jam 3,500 needles in my scalp lol

20220114_230914.jpg

You're at day 2 man, it's more than completely normal for your scalp to be as red as can be. Like you say, you've just been stabbed in the head thousands of times with needles probably ranging from 0.6 to 1mm in diameter... the whole area should now be a hard, scabby surface! 

• Like 2

I asked if I can go in Monday for a wash as it will be day 5 and they are checking on it. I was told that they didn't plan on it so maybe not. Hopefully they figure it out because I'd rather have them do the 1st real wash

2 minutes ago, Spaceguy said:

Looks perfectly fine for 2nd day IMO!

But i didn't wash my head until day 4....was just spraying it with saline.

On 4th day i went to the clinic and nurse washed my head.

7 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

I asked if I can go in Monday for a wash as it will be day 5 and they are checking on it. I was told that they didn't plan on it so maybe not. Hopefully they figure it out because I'd rather have them do the 1st real wash

It's nice for the first wash to be done by them but it's not mandatory or special.

Just use your hand palms and gently wash your donor while recipient area do it with extra care, don't press/rub it or such....gently apply shampoo foam on it, use foam from other parts of the head and gently tap it on recipient area without touching grafts with hand...also rinse it with very low water pressure and apply aloe vera gel after....or simply just follow post op instructions given by doctor.

I think there is a video on yt how to do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought this talk by Dr Konior was very interesting. He seems like a straight shooter and debunks the idea that patients can screw up their procedure post-op (short of bashing their head soon after the op). Essentially, what he says is success or failure comes down to the surgeon and their protocols.

Listen from 54.40 for his views on post-care, but otherwise, the whole chat with Melvin is excellent.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSR_rTnl6Sf/

Edited by AA1989
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, AA1989 said:

I thought this talk by Dr Konior was very interesting. He seems like a straight shooter and debunks the idea that patients can screw up their procedure post-op (short of bashing their head soon after the op). Essentially, what he says is success or failure comes down to the surgeon and their protocols.

Listen from 49:15 for his views on post-care, but otherwise, the whole chat with Melvin is excellent.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSR_rTnl6Sf/

Awesome video 👌 definitely makes me feel at ease. I was also thinking about a glass of wine for dinner and it made me feel better knowing it's not a big deal. Still not sure if I will or not but I figured a glass wouldn't change your results.

Day 4: After 1st full head wash and applied Aloe

Washed very lightly, maybe too light but didn't want to disturb anything. Am I only supposed to apply the Aloe after each wash, or can I apply it throughout the day to soothe the area? I think it looks less red now than before. Donor still has scabs but hopefully they will fall off soon. 

20220116_132739.jpg

20220116_132746.jpg

20220116_132759.jpg

20220116_132719.jpg

Edited by JoeMan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeMan said:

Day 4: After 1st full head wash and applied Aloe

Washed very lightly, maybe too light but didn't want to disturb anything. Am I only supposed to apply the Aloe after each wash, or can I apply it throughout the day to soothe the area? I think it looks less red now than before. Donor still has scabs but hopefully they will fall off soon. 

20220116_132739.jpg

20220116_132746.jpg

20220116_132759.jpg

20220116_132719.jpg

This is going to look great! After the procedure did the doctor schedule you to come back anytime after to examine or for your first wash? Or is he leaving you to do the wash on your own? Probably not the most important but I’m just curious since I know some clinics ask to come back for an exam and first wash. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jtoorrees said:

This is going to look great! After the procedure did the doctor schedule you to come back anytime after to examine or for your first wash? Or is he leaving you to do the wash on your own? Probably not the most important but I’m just curious since I know some clinics ask to come back for an exam and first wash. 

I had mine on Tue/Wed so 1st wash is on Sunday and they are closed of course. They did offer for me to return Friday for Donor wash but I didn't feel too good. Recovering from Achilles surgery.

I reached out and awaiting a reply to see if Tue or Wednesday they'd let me come in for a wash. I don't see why they wouldn't but it wasn't planned. Really I don't think it's necessary but I purchased vitamins which they forgot to give me, so I have to return anyway. I'll let you know what they say. They seem to really try to accommodate reasonable requests though in my opinion. Sometimes a little slow to respond but I know the assistant has Covid right now, so I can't really complain. The most important thing is the result to me. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, digi23 said:

This will be incredible.

Dr Ferreira is in my opinion the best Dr in the world at the moment. 

Just have patience and do everything it says on the post-op care.

Zarev is the best easily.

Pitella too is great.

These are recovering higher norwoods.

Ferreira is great though. Hair Transplants in general are improving quite well in the last 3 years even.

20 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

Zarev is the best easily.

Pitella too is great.

These are recovering higher norwoods.

Ferreira is great though. Hair Transplants in general are improving quite well in the last 3 years even.

Well I have seen one Dr Zarev case, cannot find anything else about him anywhere. 

Pitella has just started posting, I am not going to be that quick to come to conclusions from cherry-picked cases without a single patient review.

I also said in my opinion, from the cases I have seen, Dr Ferreira is again, in my opinion, the best.

Edited by digi23
  • Like 2