3,528 Grafts Dr. Bruno Ferreira Jan 11 & 12

JoeMan

1 hour ago, PutTheFolliclesInTheBag said:

I've just had my surgery with Ferreira at the beginning of the month and these threads keep me sane! Will post my own on here too but originally wanted to wait until I see results, might change my mind and post earlier for emotional support though lol

Would love to hear/see how it went in a thread.

Already a clear density improvement over pre-op, congrats! I agree with @Vann, definitely an early grower.

I also really appreciate the detailed progress updates, I've just had my surgery with Ferreira at the beginning of the month and these threads keep me sane! Will post my own on here too but originally wanted to wait until I see results, might change my mind and post earlier for emotional support though lol

Yes, you should start one. I think it goes both ways. Helps others decide on Dr's and see the growing process and then it's helps you by getting guidance and input from others. Good luck! 

For 10 weeks/2 1/2 months I would be thrilled, wow. That is definitely early growth. While I can't help but feel like 3500 grafts in such a relatively small area was overdoing it, at the same time I trust this doctors approach. I guess bc of just how dense the rest of your hair is he wanted to try and match it?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SD1984 said:

For 10 weeks/2 1/2 months I would be thrilled, wow. That is definitely early growth. While I can't help but feel like 3500 grafts in such a relatively small area was overdoing it, at the same time I trust this doctors approach. I guess bc of just how dense the rest of your hair is he wanted to try and match it?

While I agree 3500 grafts is a large number. You cannot really determine the size of someones scalp without taking into consideration for the type of hair, scalp size, density packing, and level of hair loss. (also its hard to judge someones scalp size from photos)

I think 3500 is a good number while still being slightly conservative because he has some wavy type of hair. I feel once this grows out longer its going to really be a slam dunk.

• Thanks 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

29 minutes ago, SD1984 said:

I am thrilled so far. If the growth continues then I believe in about 6 weeks I can style my hair again. I'm sure it will still be thin but not wearing a hat everywhere will be nice. 

Regarding the 3500 grafts, remember I had about 200 placed in my crown area and I believe about 150 total between both temples. So more like 3150 on frontal third. My head is very small though. I actually rarely wear adult hats as most large kid hats fit me. 

I think the Dr was attempting to make this a 1 and done surgery for me though so maybe this is why? Honestly I'm not sure but I'm glad he did what he did so far. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @JoeMan, just found your thread. Dr Ferreira is an amazing doctor. You chose very very well! I was close to choosing him as it was easier to fly there last year during the pandemic, but his waiting list was so long, and to my surprise, I got approved to go to India and the rest is history as they say. Hang in there during your ugly phase because in no time you are going to be completely transformed.💪 A lot of coverage for that amount of grafts between crown, temples and frontal region. Having the sure hand of Dr Ferriera it is safe to say that I can congratulate you in advance for an awesome final result even though you are many months away from achieving it!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MazAB said:

Hey @JoeMan, just found your thread. Dr Ferreira is an amazing doctor. You chose very very well! I was close to choosing him as it was easier to fly there last year during the pandemic, but his waiting list was so long, and to my surprise, I got approved to go to India and the rest is history as they say. Hang in there during your ugly phase because in no time you are going to be completely transformed.💪 A lot of coverage for that amount of grafts between crown, temples and frontal region. Having the sure hand of Dr Ferriera it is safe to say that I can congratulate you in advance for an awesome final result even though you are many months away from achieving it!

Thanks @MazAB, your case is definitely an inspiration. I'm on a similar vitamin regimen and so far I'm seeing some early growth. Not sure if I can attribute it to the vitamins of course. Appreciate your encouragement as I can't wait to exit this phase. 

• 1 month later...

4 Month Update:

So it's been 4 months since my procedure. Overall, I am pleased with the progress so far. Of course I wish it was thicker but at this stage, I'm able to somewhat style it and go out without a hat. The hair is thinner and harder to style but I know it will thicken in time. Let me know if you have any questions or comments. 1 picture is dry and 1 wet. The rest have gel in it. 

20220511_132802.jpg

20220511_134208.jpg

20220511_134235.jpg

20220511_134226.jpg

20220511_133951.jpg

• Like 2

Look at those whisky growth. Since you have curly/wavy hair I definitely think that’s really good. It may seem like it’s thin right now, but the way it’s growing that’s probably a good indication that it’s less than what it is. (In my opinion) and a lot of hairs are in different growth cycles. 

i can definitely see you having a massive turnout at month 6.

• Thanks 1

I know it's not the full head of hair you will likely have at 12 months yet but dude, for four months this is incredible! Look at what you had pre-op! Or even at the point of your last update! I'd be extatic if I were you, if things keep improving at this rate you'll forget you ever had hair loss!! :) Keep the updates coming!

• Thanks 1

I know it's not the full head of hair you will likely have at 12 months yet but dude, for four months this is incredible! Look at what you had pre-op! Or even at the point of your last update! I'd be extatic if I were you, if things keep improving at this rate you'll forget you ever had hair loss!! :) Keep the updates coming!

You are correct. After looking  at the pre op pictures, it's definitely looking much better. I am really encouraged by the progress so far. My family even commented that my hair looked good on Mothers day.  Here is a reference which does help to show the difference.

20220111_085805.jpg

20220511_134235.jpg

Edited by JoeMan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JoeMan said:

You are correct. After looking  at the pre op pictures, it's definitely looking much better. I am really encouraged by the progress so far. My family even commented that my hair looked good on Mothers day.  Here is a reference which does help to show the difference.

20220111_085805.jpg

20220511_134235.jpg

wow... just wow... this is a really good result thusfar. Its really hard for you to tell by how short your hair is, but once your hair gets a little bit longer and starts forming those curls itll be packed in the front. Honestly, i think you would probably have to shave your head down a bit to see the results once you get to that point but I think this is going to be insane once you hit month 6.

• 5 weeks later...

5 month Update:

It's hard to believe that 5 months has passed...

This past month, I feel like it has improved some. I'm definitely comfortable without a hat now and haven't worn one in about a month. Several people have commented saying how good it looks.

In certain lighting, it looks worse and more see through of course. Pictures are in harsh lighting to show the issue. If it stopped here, I'd be a little disappointed but with several months of growth ahead, I think I'll likely be pleased with the end results. Having curly hair definitely helps with the illusion.

I put hair fibers in a few times. It didn't take much and it looked much thicker but I really don't know how to use them with my tonic that I use so I stopped. I never use a comb or brush either but I've seen some people brush it in. When I use the fibers, the front looks dry and the back looks slightly wet from the tonic so I just gave up lol. 

I think I'll probably just keep growing my hair for now and hopefully the back curls fill the front more. 

Let me know what you guys think!

20220611_134616.jpg

20220611_134630.jpg

20220611_134801.jpg

20220611_134649.jpg

20220611_134641.jpg

• Like 1

I think youre on the slow side for growth but its definitely growing in really well. I think month 7 will really be take off for you. The way your hair is already growing together is a good sign that its angled pretty well. Just keep doing whatever makes you feel most comfortable in terms of style. You probably wont be able to do much with the way your hair is curly but you can definitely reap the benefits in terms of a more covered look if they grow forward.

Happy growing and keep your mind forward 12 months will go in the blink of an eye and youll forget you were even at this stage.

2 minutes ago, Vann said:

I think youre on the slow side for growth but its definitely growing in really well. I think month 7 will really be take off for you. The way your hair is already growing together is a good sign that its angled pretty well. Just keep doing whatever makes you feel most comfortable in terms of style. You probably wont be able to do much with the way your hair is curly but you can definitely reap the benefits in terms of a more covered look if they grow forward.

Happy growing and keep your mind forward 12 months will go in the blink of an eye and youll forget you were even at this stage.

Yeh atleast Someone says it how it is instead of “homerun” and “great growth” from the other people on this thread.