3,528 Grafts Dr. Bruno Ferreira Jan 11 & 12

JoeMan

I quit using Aloe about 2 weeks ago because it was causing tiny pimples on my forehead just below my hairline. Wasn't seeing any benefits from it as I didn't have itching and redness was still present with it. 

11 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

I quit using Aloe about 2 weeks ago because it was causing tiny pimples on my forehead just below my hairline. Wasn't seeing any benefits from it as I didn't have itching and redness was still present with it. 

Fair enough. But if redness is still present then surely you should still be using it as per Dr’s advice? 

1 hour ago, Sitries1 said:

Fair enough. But if redness is still present then surely you should still be using it as per Dr’s advice? 

I'm not sure. I'll reach out to him but my redness is minimal at this point. I'm sure it doesn't affect growth, especially this far into it. So I'm not sure what benefits it can provide.

Do you recall how long hw suggested Aloe usage? 

33 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

Looking good man - I started to notice the beginnings of lots of very small fine hairs coming through at a similar timeframe, so it's not crazy

Yeah at the moment it just looks like black dots but this was where hair was transplanted and fell out so I'm hoping that it's a good sign. I'm sure in 2 weeks I'll know more. I feel like maybe 30% or so of the new hairs stayed and seem to be growing so hopefully in a few weeks I can at least get out of this ugly phase. 

@JoeManI see you came from the US to go to Ferreira. Just curious how did you make your payment? If it were with a credit card did they charge you a fee to use? He is on my short list and I am gathering info. Thank you.

3 minutes ago, ML488 said:

@JoeManI see you came from the US to go to Ferreira. Just curious how did you make your payment? If it were with a credit card did they charge you a fee to use? He is on my short list and I am gathering info. Thank you.

I paid with an app they recommended called transfer wise. Actually I think it's just called Wise now. If you choose to use a credit card I believe the fee is like 3%. I didn't feel comfortable traveling with that much cash but the area is really safe so if you choose to I'm sure you wouldn't have any problems. In fact, I know some Americans who moved to Porto. My friends wife left her purse on the bus with credit cards and lots of cash. 4 hrs later they returned to the bus stop and the bus driver had her purse untouched.

• 2 weeks later...

2 Month Update:

Everything is as expected at this point. I believe I've possibly seen some growth since my last post or it could be just the hairs got longer so I'm not sure. Like everyone, I wish this part would go faster but considering I had almost no hair on my frontal third, I'm pleased with this much so far.

Got my 1st haircut a few days ago. Left the top alone. #1 Fade at very bottom. Barber could see like 1 spot that looked questionable but he was up really close and inspecting it. Very happy with Donor area. Red spot on bottom of my neck is birthmark. 

Redness is almost completely gone now (camera shows it more I believe). No itching and a few pimples. 

I do have one finger tip sized area right in the middle that is complete bald. This was where I had the largest scab so I'm guessing it had more trauma. Hopefully I start to see something in that area soon but if not I know it's still early. 

Let me know what you think. 

Thanks!

20220311_111122.jpg

20220311_110829.jpg

20220311_110856.jpg

20220311_110905.jpg

20220311_110915.jpg

20220311_111034.jpg

20220311_110821.jpg

Edited by JoeMan
  • Like 1

Amazing looking donor for someone who had 3,500 grafts taken and at 2 months you couldn't ask for better growth already. Hopefully that one small area fills in after a while.

Edited by ML488

• 2 weeks later...

10 week update:

So it's been 10 weeks. Not much change but possibly more growth. I think it's becoming more full each week but obviously still has a ways to go. I see plenty of little hairs popping through now and a few pimples that just subsided. All good sign I think. 

Hopefully by month 4, I can style my hair again. I don't use Topik and never have but lately I've been thinking about it. Let me know if you think it would help at this stage and what color I would require if so. Just been wearing a hat lately.

Thanks 

20220322_141221.jpg

20220322_141207.jpg

20220322_141148.jpg

20220322_134005.jpg

20220322_133956.jpg

20220322_133936.jpg

20220322_133912.jpg

20220322_133903.jpg

I think for 2.5 months you can't ask for much more. I predict that by 3.5-4 months you'll be able to throw some dermatch/toppik in there and pass for a full head of hair. I do notice that one small bald patch in the forelock area. Any idea what might be going on there?

• Like 1

That was the area that had the largest scab after surgery. I'm guessing it had more trauma and either the grafts are dead or really slow to respond. It's about the size of my index fingertip but it's slick bald. I keep hoping I'll see something pop through the skin in the area but nothing yet. At least it's far enough back that I can possibly cover it up when everything around it grows. 

Im a little late to the party but can i start by saying your donor looks really well managed. You are already sprouting some hairs that probably wouldnt grow to that hair thickness that early for only 10 weeks. I think youre going to be an early grower.

I am excited to see your results so i will be following this post. Thank you for sharing your story.

Also, do you have any things you are doing to help with growing your hair? are you continuing (or starting any new) medication/s?

Lastly, what made you choose your doctor over your other choices? i know the wait time could be awhile, did you get lucky or did you schedule the whole year prior? Sorry for all the questions.

• Thanks 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

10 minutes ago, Vann said:

Also, do you have any things you are doing to help with growing your hair? are you continuing (or starting any new) medication/s?

Here is a list/picture of my current supplements:

Collagen, Beef Liver, MSM, Hyaluronic Acid, Zinc, Vit D and some multi vitamins from Dr. Ferreira. They have biotin, B5&B6 and a few others in it. 

I stopped taking the beef liver last week due to indigestion. Not sure if it was the cause so I'll resume in a week likely. 

Not even sure if any of this stuff helps lol but @MazAB had turned me onto a few of these. I was already taking some before surgery like Bone morrow and others. For cost, I've settled on this group for now. 

20220322_154540.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Vann said:

Lastly, what made you choose your doctor over your other choices? i know the wait time could be awhile, did you get lucky or did you schedule the whole year prior? Sorry for all the questions.

Honestly I was ready to book Dr. Biçer when I came across @Rolandas post. In my mind I was only prepared for a Dr. Biçer price point but as I did more research, I realized that I wasn't going to box myself in on price as much. Not to say my budget became unlimited because it wasn't but I opened my mind to the 10-15k mark which put me in a different class of Dr's in my opinion. 

I reached out to Dr. Ferreira through Fast Track in probably March or April last year. Within 48 hrs I had a detailed response. More detailed than most of my other consultations. They provided a November date originally but I waited 3 weeks to decide. By the time I did, it was a Jan date offered. In thr mean time, I kept looking at Dr. De Freitas but his clinic lost my pictures and by the time everything was sorted out, I had already booked Dr. Ferreira. 

In August, I decide to take a trip to Portugal and meet Dr. Ferreira to see the clinic and help put my mind at ease. This trip wasn't necessary of course but I was glad I went because it's scary having surgery overseas. 

Leading up to my surgery, I still kept thinking about switching to Dr. De Freitas at times but so far, I feel like I made the right decision. Time will tell of course. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

Honestly I was ready to book Dr. Biçer when I came across @Rolandas post. In my mind I was only prepared for a Dr. Biçer price point but as I did more research, I realized that I wasn't going to box myself in on price as much. Not to say my budget became unlimited because it wasn't but I opened my mind to the 10-15k mark which put me in a different class of Dr's in my opinion. 

I reached out to Dr. Ferreira through Fast Track in probably March or April last year. Within 48 hrs I had a detailed response. More detailed than most of my other consultations. They provided a November date originally but I waited 3 weeks to decide. By the time I did, it was a Jan date offered. In thr mean time, I kept looking at Dr. De Freitas but his clinic lost my pictures and by the time everything was sorted out, I had already booked Dr. Ferreira. 

In August, I decide to take a trip to Portugal and meet Dr. Ferreira to see the clinic and help put my mind at ease. This trip wasn't necessary of course but I was glad I went because it's scary having surgery overseas. 

Leading up to my surgery, I still kept thinking about switching to Dr. De Freitas at times but so far, I feel like I made the right decision. Time will tell of course. 

Thanks for the thorough input. I definitely think having that consultation or pre-visit is always good regardless because whatever questions or concerns you have prior can be addressed and it’s easier to communicate verbally and see mannerisms prior to making the big jump. 

I also think you made the right choice. Regardless, you’ll have a great outcome. I look forward to seeing your growth!

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• Administrators
1 hour ago, JoeMan said:

Here is a list/picture of my current supplements:

Collagen, Beef Liver, MSM, Hyaluronic Acid, Zinc, Vit D and some multi vitamins from Dr. Ferreira. They have biotin, B5&B6 and a few others in it. 

I stopped taking the beef liver last week due to indigestion. Not sure if it was the cause so I'll resume in a week likely. 

Not even sure if any of this stuff helps lol but @MazAB had turned me onto a few of these. I was already taking some before surgery like Bone morrow and others. For cost, I've settled on this group for now. 

20220322_154540.jpg

That’s a good supplement stack, I’d add magnesium ascorbyl phosphate too. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

@Melvin- Moderator

Any particular brand you use?

I goy this one

https://www.amazon.com/Supersmart-MrSmart-Vitamins-Anti-Aging-Capsules/dp/B00LPJKPOG

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

15 hours ago, JoeMan said:

10 week update:

So it's been 10 weeks. Not much change but possibly more growth. I think it's becoming more full each week but obviously still has a ways to go. I see plenty of little hairs popping through now and a few pimples that just subsided. All good sign I think. 

Hopefully by month 4, I can style my hair again. I don't use Topik and never have but lately I've been thinking about it. Let me know if you think it would help at this stage and what color I would require if so. Just been wearing a hat lately.

Thanks 

20220322_141221.jpg

20220322_141207.jpg

20220322_141148.jpg

20220322_134005.jpg

20220322_133956.jpg

20220322_133936.jpg

20220322_133912.jpg

20220322_133903.jpg

Already a clear density improvement over pre-op, congrats! I agree with @Vann, definitely an early grower.

I also really appreciate the detailed progress updates, I've just had my surgery with Ferreira at the beginning of the month and these threads keep me sane! Will post my own on here too but originally wanted to wait until I see results, might change my mind and post earlier for emotional support though lol

• Thanks 1