Dr. Bruno Pinto - 2025 grafts - Nov. 18th

JDEE0

2 hours ago, Harry Bosch said:

Looks good, mate.  Only four months, right around the time the growth is poised to explode.

wheels up!

1 hour ago, shadowcast said:

Don't worry, you're set. You will look good in another 4 weeks, can almost guarantee it. Your growth looks very consistent and even, and I think that's really the biggest sign to look for. At 3-4 months I could already see where my problem areas were going to be.

Cheers guys - much appreciated.

Yeah, it is quite 'dense' and even already in terms of the amount of hairs sprouted, no real weak spots when I take a pic with flash and zoom in, just all still very short and thin still, I think once they grow out/thicken up and fall flat against my scalp instead of sticking out then it will look fine, but there's also still some hairs sprouting here and there that I can see too, so maybe a few more months for those to also catch up and add effect. 

For four months this is amongst the strongest of early growers that we have seen in years gone by. Looks like pretty much every graft has popped, and it’s just a case of maturation now. By month 6 you will be back combing your hair, without the need to do anything else - I’ve got an eye for these transformations, so I’ll pop back in 2 months and you can tell me I was right 😉 

You’re a well read bloke, so if you were to remove your personal vested interest in this case, and look at it objectively, I think you already know the answer as to what I am going to say. 

The most impressive thing for me is how far 2000 grafts is looking like it’s going to go for you. Pinto must have some top tier survival rate - most other top rated clinics on here would have gone for a restoration between 2500-3000. 

Enjoy the journey, you have done, and are doing, everything right. 

2 hours ago, Harry Bosch said:

I think if you re-examine your Before pics, it’s already a pretty substantial change.  And you aren’t even halfway to the finish line 

True, thanks for taking the time to put em side by side, it does illustrate the difference quite clearly and you're certainly right!

1 hour ago, Curious25 said:

For four months this is amongst the strongest of early growers that we have seen in years gone by. Looks like pretty much every graft has popped, and it’s just a case of maturation now. By month 6 you will be back combing your hair, without the need to do anything else - I’ve got an eye for these transformations, so I’ll pop back in 2 months and you can tell me I was right 😉 

You’re a well read bloke, so if you were to remove your personal vested interest in this case, and look at it objectively, I think you already know the answer as to what I am going to say. 

The most impressive thing for me is how far 2000 grafts is looking like it’s going to go for you. Pinto must have some top tier survival rate - most other top rated clinics on here would have gone for a restoration between 2500-3000. 

Enjoy the journey, you have done, and are doing, everything right. 

Thanks a lot for the encouragement mate, it's much appreciated. 

Yeah I know, don't get me wrong, I in no way think that I'm behind or that it's not going to plan, just that I probably intentionally searched out too many cases where people look like they're at month 6+ at month 4 hoping I would be in a similar boat, so probably just a little bit of mild disappointment/paranoia on my part, but that's my fault haha. I am grateful for the way it's turning out so far deep down! Here's to hoping you're correct my friend, would be nice to ditch the cap completely as soon as...

Yeah, I honestly thought it would be more like 2300-2700 as a rough estimate before the big day, to be fair though he said the recipient area measured out was 38cm2 I think, and he didn't seem to go beyond it (my hair wasn't really thinning beyond it as he drew it encompassing areas of my thinning hair and then shaved the hairs off to leave just the outline of the marking as can be seen in my pre-op pics), so it is enough for over 50 grafts per cm2... maybe I just have narrower head widthways or something haha. Either way, it is a conservative amount and I agree most would probably have used more.

Cheers mate, thanks for taking the time!

8 hours ago, stephcurry30 said:

Great result thus far. Can we get a profile shot of your hairline and your head with your face blocked out?

Just want to seen Pinto's hairline design from the side. 

Thanks for the kind words, yeah I will include some profile shots with my head in my next update, no probs

1 hour ago, Woody1000 said:

Hi buddy. Thanks for showing your pictures with the paper regarding the CM2! You must be gassed with your results congrats mate!

No worries mate - thanks for following along

Reall great job by dr. Pinto! Sometimes due to light at pictures not so clear view of real situation, as phones sometimes can't stabilize sometimes lens, and then not perfect light on pictures, and other thing is that native hair is much longer as you didnt shave hair at HT, and difficult sometimes feel real progress as whole time we are focused on your native hair which is longer thatn transplanted :) ...

But can say, har can't be any issue, and in 1-3 months will be great growth ;) !

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

25 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Hi buddy, how’s the hair gains coming along since your last update? 

Hi mate - yeah things are coming along well, things are thickening up and looking pretty good. I think by month 6 I'll be pretty satisfied. To be honest, I'm already satisfied in that I can style my hair and it looks really good already and I pretty much have already forgotten about my hair troubles now.

I generally just use a bit (a very small amount) of Toppik spray about half a cm behind the hairline at the moment when I go out and it looks pretty much like a full result now. I'll post a detailed update at the 5 month mark to show where things are at. Still a little way to go, but I'm pretty much sure it's smooth sailing from here.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, JDEE0 said:

Hi mate - yeah things are coming along well, things are thickening up and looking pretty good. I think by month 6 I'll be pretty satisfied. To be honest, I'm already satisfied in that I can style my hair and it looks really good already and I pretty much have already forgotten about my hair troubles now.

I generally just use a bit (a very small amount) of Toppik spray about half a cm behind the hairline at the moment when I go out and it looks pretty much like a full result now. I'll post a detailed update at the 5 month mark to show where things are at. Still a little way to go, but I'm pretty much sure it's smooth sailing from here.

That’s awesome buddy super stoked for you! Can’t wait for when you have your update photos! Enjoy your results buddy

• 3 weeks later...

5 months and a week update:

pretty happy with where things are up to, it looks full in certain lights and lacks density in others, but I’ve just been using a little bit of toppik spray as concealer which makes it look pretty good in any situation and takes me 30 secs to apply after a shower. 

Hopefully in another 5 months I won’t need to do so anymore, but I think it’s possible I’ll need a very small touch up to be completely happy as my hair is very fine, but it’s far too early to tell at this stage. 

The first 5 pictures are my hair completely soaked/dripping wet out of the shower and combed back, the 6th is damp but nearly dry again just combed back and the rest are my hair dry in the same room but some are right by the window with the light shining directly on my head, so as harsh and can be, with some a few steps back and as you can see it looks much fuller.

Trying to be as transparent as possible and show the realities of how it looks in different situations. It’s easy to make it look great or pretty awful depending on how the picture is taken. 

AD36122D-52A4-43F9-8A66-4080A9754B29.jpeg

2281FAC5-21FF-46F7-BFC3-B87EF2162461.jpeg

A8A7113E-4862-4290-A167-534514237AAB.jpeg

5C1E5374-1F89-40D7-9C16-6A3640557C0F.jpeg

8D161073-484B-4FB2-A580-40659E5257CF.jpeg

117E8556-7952-4F8D-A868-B5C5DC6649DA.jpeg

2E59C24C-4689-4A07-8273-F77857E799D8.jpeg

3C494DE7-6B22-4DAC-8910-30AF5FC66B67.jpeg

85FCFA3B-00CD-47A7-B91C-1E2CBFC51DF3.jpeg

8CE6F95A-2F20-46C2-AD95-93C963170630.jpeg

• Like 4

• Administrators
7 hours ago, JDEE0 said:

pretty happy with where things are up to, it looks full in certain lights and lacks density in others, but I’ve just been using a little bit of toppik spray as concealer which makes it look pretty good in any situation and takes me 30 secs to apply after a shower. 

Hopefully in another 5 months I won’t need to do so anymore, but I think it’s possible I’ll need a very small touch up to be completely happy as my hair is very fine, but it’s far too early to tell at this stage. 

The first 5 pictures are my hair completely soaked/dripping wet out of the shower and combed back, the 6th is damp but nearly dry again just combed back and the rest are my hair dry in the same room but some are right by the window with the light shining directly on my head, so as harsh and can be, with some a few steps back and as you can see it looks much fuller.

Trying to be as transparent as possible and show the realities of how it looks in different situations. It’s easy to make it look great or pretty awful depending on how the picture is taken. 

Wow incredible for 5 months 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

14 hours ago, JDEE0 said:

Wow this is brilliant! I’m speechless!

• Like 1