FUE Concealment

Here’s a recent client pictured after 2 sessions of SMP. He will return for one more session to blend the crown and nape areas a bit more. 

517B4467-17B0-4221-8A5B-66FB4D55093F.jpeg

15E8CC5D-EEBB-4523-9D07-7DA47B4679FE.jpeg

79C03064-3E44-438E-AB47-F5B26D63300B.jpeg

C920C690-B242-4639-9A1B-0A1F28845530.jpeg

• Like 3

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

18 hours ago, MachoVato said:

Do you need the hair cut that short to do this?

Yes I require a zero guard shave for all procedures. 

I am located in Fort Lee, New Jersey.

• Like 1

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

12 hours ago, SD1984 said:

Following...

Would like to know how long the ink lasts and what happens after a while. Like does it fade into a grey/greenish tint or does it fade completely?

From my experience FUE treatment clients tend to get more mileage out of the SMP than shaved look clients. On average three, sometimes 4 years, before requiring any type of touchup. There are rarely issues with color change/perception in FUE treatments. Strip scars are a different story. Ideal strip scars for SMP are flat and white. This is sometimes not the case with strip scars as they can be stretched or keloid. To mitigate color issues I use medium brown strictly as my base color. Then we can tone up or down with an agar that is mixed in to the product. But I will explore options with strip scar clients to improve the overall scar when and if possible. This includes scar excision/reclosure, laser treatment, topical treatments, and grafting into the scar. 

Edited by hairthere
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Etownone said:

What size needle did you use for this?  

Im noticing some artists use bigger dots when going for density cover up, and other artists using smaller dots for shaved look or skin tight fades. 

For this particular client I used a 3-point needle. I also have single point needles that I use. Sometimes I mix the two. Bigger dots can sometimes mean the artist injected deeper. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, hairthere said:

For this particular client I used a 3-point needle. I also have single point needles that I use. Sometimes I mix the two. Bigger dots can sometimes mean the artist injected deeper. 

But the size of the needle?     

Do you use different sizes when going for density or shaved look? 

I know one artist that said he used a 0.03 needle and the results look great on a skin tight fade.  

• Like 1

Update: Here is the featured client fully healed. We did another session today to blend a bit more. I'll update with more pictures from today’s session in a few weeks when he returns for a checkup .....

IMG_8983.thumb.jpg.4f7383a2a01e74016b11c53e5459c5fc.jpgIMG_9530.JPG

Edited by hairthere
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the finished product. We added some more pigment to areas around the extraction pattern plus to the client's crown.

IMG_9973.JPG

IMG_9974.jpg

IMG_9971.jpg

IMG_9972.jpg

• Like 4

I agree big improvement. Can't see his face from the pics, but he's got a good head shape and his ears aren't big or projecting at a weird angle off his head. Probably would have been better doing this from the start and skip the hair transplants.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 9:49 AM, ciaus said:

I agree big improvement. Can't see his face from the pics, but he's got a good head shape and his ears aren't big or projecting at a weird angle off his head. Probably would have been better doing this from the start and skip the hair transplants.

It's crazy lately how many guys are telling me they want to do a shaved head look but are considering having FUE surgery first because they want some real hair in the frontal zones before doing the SMP. When I point out they will be PERMANENTLY scarring their donor zone they reply "You can fix it though, right?" An explanation I often get for this approach is it seems they are worried that if someone runs their hands over their head it won't be realistic without some stubble. 

They also don't get that even if the smallest surgical punch is used the FU will still have some tissue which can lead to ridging in the front (especially when done by anyone other than a top HT doc).

Even though it is a source of income, I'd rather see guys not get this done to them. But thanks all for the positive feedback.

23 minutes ago, hairthere said:

It's crazy lately how many guys are telling me they want to do a shaved head look but are considering having FUE surgery first because they want some real hair in the frontal zones before doing the SMP. When I point out they will be PERMANENTLY scarring their donor zone they reply "You can fix it though, right?" An explanation I often get for this approach is it seems they are worried that if someone runs their hands over their head it won't be realistic without some stubble. 

They also don't get that even if the smallest surgical punch is used the FU will still have some tissue which can lead to ridging in the front (especially when done by anyone other than a top HT doc).

Even though it is a source of income, I'd rather see guys not get this done to them. But thanks all for the positive feedback.

fue scars at back of head are so small though.

I get a zero fade & no body has ever mentioned the small dots.

They are noticeble close up but doesnt bother me at all.

1 hour ago, hairman22 said:

fue scars at back of head are so small though.

I get a zero fade & no body has ever mentioned the small dots.

They are noticeble close up but doesnt bother me at all.

I have also seen FUE scarring that was quite undetectable. But there has been an influx of cases where the extraction pattern is very defined because the grafts aren’t spread over the entire donor zone. Also many of the clients I see with visible scarring are being over harvested.

• Like 2

I actually went to your shop in Fort Lee a couple years ago, and had my consultation to get smp for density. 

But when I followed up to schedule my appt....  I was denied,  and told smp for density isn't done anymore due to mixed results.  

Are you back to doing smp for density?

Edited by Etownone

10 hours ago, Etownone said:

I actually went to your shop in Fort Lee a couple years ago, and had my consultation to get smp for density. 

But when I followed up to schedule my appt....  I was denied,  and told smp for density isn't done anymore due to mixed results.  

Are you back to doing smp for density?

That is still the case. Shaved Look and Scar procedures only.

• Like 1