Do I have enough donor area for a 2nd fue?

I’m pretty dissatisfied with my first fue. I was barely balding and had only 2400 grafts and my hair is still thin... I have to style it down. Anyways back of my head looks thin. I’m afraid if I get 2nd hair transplant. It will look bad (back of my head will have bald spots )

will skin tattoo fix my donor area if it ends up looking patchy with bald areas? ... Do I have enough donor area or should I not get 2nd hair transplant . 

Pictures now are almost 2 years post fue....

I can only style my hair down ..

my hair  when wet in the attachment shows my real density. So I must style it down... also attachment shows my donor area 16785B9C-DE3B-4B7E-B7E8-02BE81A70AF2.thumb.jpeg.fb2a5863e4f3733a5616fd758d68fb9a.jpegA1B5AD20-56E8-4107-B259-E717A8801A00.jpeg.deec5bcb5b771c89eace012e24672c88.jpeg

83EAFCC9-9AAE-4A6D-A405-2F1A0CE997C6.jpeg

Edited by Hairgains
  • Like 1

And with light(sun) you can also see lack of density  even when I style it down ... not sure if 2nd hair transplant or Skin tattoo in my sides of head to darken it will be better... afraid my donor area isn’t enough 

A56F9200-853B-4AAA-AA7D-59F21951484F.jpeg

4EDAD751-BFD6-4F44-B704-614AF9838A57.jpeg

Edited by Hairgains

• Hairgains changed the title to Do I have enough donor area for a 2nd fue?

Where did you go for your procedure? The work doesn't look like it was very good I'm afraid, and I can see some signs over harvesting in the donor. But yes, you will be able to have another procedure with only 2400 grafts taken, it just doesn't look like they've done your donor any favours.

Also, are you on fin to prevent further loss? You're built damn near like an IFBB pro so I'm going to have to go out on a limb and assume that you are using gear; this is not ideal for a person trying to fight hair loss for obvious reasons. Depending on what you run, fin may ultimately prove futile anyways, but it is necessary in your case for at least a fighting chance of preventing further loss.

• Like 2

• Administrators

I wouldn’t say you’re barely balding. You have significant hair loss. Judging from your pictures, I’m going to assume you’re on gear. Are you on any DHT blockers? 

As for your donor it looks patchy and depleted. Do you have immediate post-op pictures? It appears like you had a lot more than 2,400 grafts removed. All hope is not lost, but we need a better understanding of your situation to provide the best advice and help.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Your donor photo is too dark and blurry to share an opinion, but it does look scarred and depleted, the question is how deep the scarring is.

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

Looks like pretty poor work.  Do you have any B&A's? Where did you go?

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

9 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I wouldn’t say you’re barely balding. You have significant hair loss. Judging from your pictures, I’m going to assume you’re on gear. Are you on any DHT blockers? 

As for your donor it looks patchy and depleted. Do you have immediate post-op pictures? It appears like you had a lot more than 2,400 grafts removed. All hope is not lost, but we need a better understanding of your situation to provide the best advice and help.

I went with “hair of Istanbul”

They massaged my head very firmly on day 10 to remove the scabs . I posted about it and had concerns but they said by day 10 the grafts are all in place...

This was my thread on this forum 2 years ago. 

do you guys think they took to much grafts but didn’t use all of them? Is this possible ?

This was pics when I first got the operation  in this thread.  They told me 2400 grafts. 

also I’m on test e 250 mg a week I do not take dht blockers. I am afraid of the sexual side affects . 

Edited by Hairgains

Here is another picture of the donor area.. taken few months ago. Don’t even know what to do at this point. Get hairs from my beard to the back of head ?  Get skin tattoo. For back of head  to conceal the donor area....

get hair 2nd transplant and risk more balding in my donor area.

just don’t know how can I be depleted if they only did 2400 grafts ? Do you think they took so many and didn’t use all of my grafts they taken in the back of my head??

I will also post before pictures before the transplant. I will try to find them on my old email google drive . But you can see right after the operate in my old thread on here

pic below is my donor area 1.7 years after fue 

A70DB50C-7F8C-429A-ACCE-D68406E86F80.png

Edited by Hairgains
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hairgains said:

They massaged my head very firmly on day 10 to remove the scabs . I posted about it and had concerns but they said by day 10 the grafts are all in place...

do you guys think they took to much grafts but didn’t use all of them? Is this possible ?

This was pics when I first got the operation  in this thread.  They told me 2400 grafts. 

also I’m on test e 250 mg a week I do not take dht blockers. I am afraid of the sexual side affects . 

The massaging of the scabs off at 10 days is fine, the problem is that hair of Istanbul are a hair mill that often produce poor results like this, it's nothing out of the ordinary for their patients. You need to choose a proper clinic this time around. 

They could have taken more grafts than needed? Yeah, it's a possibility; these types of clinics sometimes can harvest more grafts than are actually needed. They often extract, handle and implant the grafts extremely quickly and carelessly because they want to get you in and out the door ASAP and keep their daily turnover high, and as a result, they overcompensate for the follicles inevitably destroyed in this process by taking more to make up for things.

However, they very well (and I think is the case) may have just extracted too close together in certain areas; I don't think they've taken much more than advertised, but that they've taken from too small of an area in some parts of your donor and over-harvested. 

Well, whilst not a crazy amount, 250mg of test weekly is still substantial and is likely to raise your T/DHT/overall androgen levels beyond the top of the reference range. Your hair loss is going to be expedited significantly and probably more extensive once all is said and done. I really don't know how advisable it is for you to even go back for a 2nd round in this scenario. Even if you get it fixed up, how long is it going to last until you lose more hair?

Good news is that if you're just using Test, then Fin should work fairly well for you, still not ideal, but gives you a good chance and will be effective to a large degree. Bad news is that you don't wanna take it obviously, but in this situation I really do think it's a case of you can't have your cake and eat it too. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Hairgains said:

Now I remember your thread. It’s possible that with rapid extractions, they damaged a lot of the surrounding hair follicles. They likely extracted the grafts to closely as well. You definitely don’t look like you’ve only had 2,400 grafts. It looks more like 5,400. Now, I believe they extracted 2,400, but the poor extraction pattern and technique led to your donor looking like this. 

You should consider getting on a topical DHT blocker. There’s topical finasteride and topical dutasteride- which you apply once per week. Even though you’re on a low dose of test, you could be converting a lot of DHT, even more if you’re on an aromatase inhibitor. You can talk to @mustang who takes these topical meds from Dr. Mwamba at FUE clinic. 

Now, if you go to a top notch surgeon, who carefully extracts grafts you can look a lot better, both on top and the donor. But it’s gonna cost you more that HOI. Where do you live? I can give you some suggestions. Feel free to pm me as well.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

22 hours ago, Hairgains said:

Here is another picture of the donor area.. taken few months ago. Don’t even know what to do at this point. Get hairs from my beard to the back of head ?  Get skin tattoo. For back of head  to conceal the donor area....

get hair 2nd transplant and risk more balding in my donor area.

just don’t know how can I be depleted if they only did 2400 grafts ? Do you think they took so many and didn’t use all of my grafts they taken in the back of my head??

I will also post before pictures before the transplant. I will try to find them on my old email google drive . But you can see right after the operate in my old thread on here

pic below is my donor area 1.7 years after fue 

A70DB50C-7F8C-429A-ACCE-D68406E86F80.png

What I would if I were you is to extract more grafts from your donor area so the mouth eaten appearance go away, this is called homogenous depletion and ironically enough by taking 2.000 grafts (or whatever number the surgeon decides) your donor area will look much better than now. Those grafts can be used to give your frontal third proper density.

6 months after this and only if you really need it you can implant 1.000-2.000 BHT grafts into your donor area to make it thicker and add some SMP. This is what I did, you can check my thread were Dr Mwamba repaired my donor with body hair. I am actually having another session today of 200 grafts. 

There is a solution but it won't be cheap.

Lastly, about your TRT or hormonal use, finasteride or dutasteride, neither in topical or oral form will be enough to prevent further hair loss. The Andorran pharmacy is now selling CB0301 but it's quite expensive, 250 EUR plus shipping for 60ml. At least it's pharma grade and the right vehicle.  You need a topical anti androgen to saturate AR tofight off testosterone from your scalp. Finasteride or Dutasteride will only stop DHT but won't do anything to prevent Testosterones from reaching your follicles. 

I'm sorry about your bad results but there is a fix, stay positive. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 10/28/2021 at 8:55 PM, Hairgains said:

I’m pretty dissatisfied with my first fue. I was barely balding and had only 2400 grafts and my hair is still thin... I have to style it down. Anyways back of my head looks thin. I’m afraid if I get 2nd hair transplant. It will look bad (back of my head will have bald spots )

will skin tattoo fix my donor area if it ends up looking patchy with bald areas? ... Do I have enough donor area or should I not get 2nd hair transplant . 

Pictures now are almost 2 years post fue....

I can only style my hair down ..

my hair  when wet in the attachment shows my real density. So I must style it down... also attachment shows my donor area 16785B9C-DE3B-4B7E-B7E8-02BE81A70AF2.thumb.jpeg.fb2a5863e4f3733a5616fd758d68fb9a.jpegA1B5AD20-56E8-4107-B259-E717A8801A00.jpeg.deec5bcb5b771c89eace012e24672c88.jpeg

83EAFCC9-9AAE-4A6D-A405-2F1A0CE997C6.jpeg

damn i wish you posted abou them in the past i went with HOI as well a year ago and regretted it ever since, they are experts at hiding their bad work

On 10/30/2021 at 7:52 AM, mustang said:

What I would if I were you is to extract more grafts from your donor area so the mouth eaten appearance go away, this is called homogenous depletion and ironically enough by taking 2.000 grafts (or whatever number the surgeon decides) your donor area will look much better than now. Those grafts can be used to give your frontal third proper density.

6 months after this and only if you really need it you can implant 1.000-2.000 BHT grafts into your donor area to make it thicker and add some SMP. This is what I did, you can check my thread were Dr Mwamba repaired my donor with body hair. I am actually having another session today of 200 grafts. 

There is a solution but it won't be cheap.

Lastly, about your TRT or hormonal use, finasteride or dutasteride, neither in topical or oral form will be enough to prevent further hair loss. The Andorran pharmacy is now selling CB0301 but it's quite expensive, 250 EUR plus shipping for 60ml. At least it's pharma grade and the right vehicle.  You need a topical anti androgen to saturate AR tofight off testosterone from your scalp. Finasteride or Dutasteride will only stop DHT but won't do anything to prevent Testosterones from reaching your follicles. 

I'm sorry about your bad results but there is a fix, stay positive. 

how much per graft to implant body hair into the donor i want to be able to do this with beard/chest hair in the nearish future and want to go with mwamba if possible

Man, sorry to see this and see you go through this.  They may have taken a lot of grafts, more than 2400.  I am going through similar situation with the front area sparse and donor area impacted with some depletion halo and density loss.  You need to tread carefully as folks can take advantage of the situation for repair.  I am still trying to find An ethical repair surgeon that can fix this mess and it is not easy and caused me great suffering.  You can try reaching out to Dr Bisanga, Dr Mwamba, Dr DeFreitas, Dr Cooley to see what they have to say.  It is good to get multiple opinions from docs to see how they can tackle this issue.