Did anyone go to the gym and/or start wearing a baseball cap 10 days after an FUE?

Did anyone here ever do that and experience some sort of bad effects if you did that? Just wondering.
I read so many different views on this and the clinics also give different views.

My clinic told me 7 days post you can start wearing a cap.

14 days post you can start working out.

Then other ones online about the same things give different replies and say it can still damage the hair that has been put in if you do one of these 2 things too soon. Any thoughts to this? 

I'm sure it's absolutely fine, but I would say just wait the two full weeks, it's not going to affect your physique at all is it at the end of the day and its best to be extra cautious. 2 or 3 weeks out of the gym will make no difference to your life overall, but (however unlikely it might be) negatively affecting your results will. I'll probably wait 2 full weeks when I have my HT and then do two weeks of low volume, low intensity training after that before lifting heavy or go back to my usual routine again.

57 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

I'm sure it's absolutely fine, but I would say just wait the two full weeks, it's not going to affect your physique at all is it at the end of the day and its best to be extra cautious. 2 or 3 weeks out of the gym will make no difference to your life overall, but (however unlikely it might be) negatively affecting your results will. I'll probably wait 2 full weeks when I have my HT and then do two weeks of low volume, low intensity training after that before lifting heavy or go back to my usual routine again.

Yes I don't think it's that bad - For sure the first week but after 14 days most are confident to say you can go back right away - but I do see a few that make me nervous I might ruin it the HT work done

I was in the gym on day 8, just as soon as my scabs were mostly gone. I didn't do any cardio, just weights. Light sweating. I even had a single suture in my donor area. No problem!

Edited by MachoVato

• Administrators

I didn’t go to the gym until 14 days, but I did ride a bike and walked around with a hat at 7 days.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Gokuhairline said:

when can you go heavy lifting/ really break a sweat at the gym ? 

14 days if you got FUE

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Came back after 4 weeks for both heavy lifting and cardio

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

You can consult your doctor but 2 weeks out shouldn't be an issue.  Start slow the first couple trips and build up to your previous routine.  Just a thought.

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I used hair transplant as an excuse 🙂  to relax and chill out for a month before hitting the gym again. I  did start mild jogging and biking in 2 weeks and no problem at all. As people have said just wait for 2 weeks, gym will probably still be there.