FUE by Dr. Bisanga / 2700 grafts / Brussels, Belgium

Holy crap this has grown soon! Looks amazing man congrats! You are miles ahead of most in terms of growth. I just hit 5 months from around the same number of grafts and suddenly don’t feel to good about my growth at all after looking at this lol. 

1 hour ago, Style22 said:

Holy crap this has grown soon! Looks amazing man congrats! You are miles ahead of most in terms of growth. I just hit 5 months from around the same number of grafts and suddenly don’t feel to good about my growth at all after looking at this lol. 

It’s quite crazy! My hair has always grown quite fast now that I think about it though, always seemed to need a haircut just after it was done haha.

Maybe the supplements helped who knows.

It’s nice to get some early growth but you shouldn’t worry about yours- it’s the good end result that matters + sure that’s on the way for you!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Harry Bosch said:

Looks great so far.

Any pics with the hair pushed back, or wet slicked back, to see how the designed hairline is populating?

All the best, man,

Cheers! 🙏🏼 

The natural hair pattern is to go to one side slightly, Dr. Bisanga replicated that so it’s kind of how it will be for the hairline. But in terms of thickness it’s doing great, way better than I would’ve imagined at this stage & looks good wet.

At 6 months we’ll have more idea of how it’s coming along so I’ll do a bigger photoset then + probably some photos like you suggested 👍🏼

Makes me sad seeing these kind of results. I really feel you man! You might wanna look into some kind of repair work when 12 months have passed. Have a look at Dr. Bis.... oh wait. Wrong thread, sorry..

This is looking great so far. Excellent choice of clinic btw!

Very impressive progress at 4 months @New_Barnet_Please
You must be thrilled. Very exciting and even more so that such a transformation has occurred so quickly with and with further months of improvement to look forward to.

Very pleased for you and thank you for sharing!

• Like 2

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 3 weeks later...

This is looking absolutely awesome.

I like the level of detail and frequency of updates you provide. Thanks for all the useful info and insight.

It's a long flight for me from Australia but I think BHR Clinic is at the top of my list right now for my procedure when I decide to get it done.

Edited by Viney
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

@New_Barnet_Please

I hope you are keeping safe and well.
As you have reached the 6 months stage, it would be great to see how things have progressed in the last months whenever you may be able to provide an update.
Wishing you the best.

• Thanks 1

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

On 9/9/2021 at 3:11 AM, New_Barnet_Please said:

These are some pictures 2 days post procedure. Everything seems to be healing up nicely, I was provided with several sprays and balms with detailed instructions as part of the post-op care so have been getting a couple of nice days rest and carefully following the schedule. 

My hairloss has always been worse going out from my right temple and I could see the hair was weaker going back further in this area. Therefore I requested that we take the placement a bit further back into this area and the Dr obliged. I’m pleased about this as I’d like this procedure to buy me as much time as possible before I need to consider if I want to do another one - and to see if the newly started meds can stabilise what I have. 

There was minimal swelling on day 1 post-op so this is a very good time to fly back home if you need to do so, now on day 2 I have a lot of swelling in the forehead which I’ve been advised is totally normal. You maybe can’t tell from the pictures but I look a bit like some character from Star Trek due to this hah!  So when popping out for food the bandana is coming in useful.

Note that many people take pictures immediate post-op or on day 1, so it’s important to note this is day 2 if you are going to compare anything.

I saw a few stories on this forum where people scratched the new grafts in the night so I used the neck pillow to sleep and am covering my hands in a pair of socks each night to prevent this!
I have just been looking at some other stories on here and the pictures look better when just the eyes are covered, so for the next round I’ll put more effort into getting some nicer pics. Feel free to comment on this thread. 

IMG_2866.thumb.JPG.5cef0ffa134d6a8f6b170b20ad2d42f2.JPG

IMG_2868.thumb.JPG.96c70f52dac3699bf6e2c9aa7971b0b1.JPG

IMG_2871.thumb.JPG.5ea2adc2aba76e86d89b33f2d31cf85b.JPG

IMG_2864.thumb.JPG.7259c77567cf7b26e899fb0ccee25e52.JPG

IMG_2865.thumb.JPG.b90d1ef03630d5f3992ff4a9e67b6969.JPG

Look like your left hairline is higher than the right.  Was that intentional to create irregularity to make it more natural?

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Gents,

Apologies for the delay updating this thread! I moved over to live on a tropical island and there have been innumerous (good) distractions getting in my way since then. 

What’s been going on hair-wise since my last update - I’ve just been looking at my last update at 4 months, big changes. Back then I swept the hair across, since then way more has grown and I have a “big shock” of hair at the front. My hairline is somewhat unusual in HT terms, I notice most people who get a HT seem to backcomb the hair backwards which is a cool look to be honest. However this would not suit my face as my hair has never done this, Dr Bisanga agreed with this - so in the end it’s a more natural (for me) to have it either swept slightly to one side or have it as a bit of a curly fringe. 

At 5 to just before 6 months it hadn’t quite filled out enough for this so there was a bit of a gap in the fringe. From 6 to 7 (reporting 1 week before 7 months) now it’s filled out more. 
My hair is a bit weird as although it doesn’t look like it at first glance it’s got quite strong kinks in, it's not straight at all so I guess might be harder to work with in terms of how it will look when transplanting it. So for styling, it’s not that easy at the moment - I haven’t quite figured out the style that works best. I think if it thickens a bit more over the next few months there will more option to have a curly fringe coming from both sides inside of a slight sweep to the right. As I said it’s kind of a big shock of hair at the moment which is a bit wild with curls and not something that fits into an easy to style “look". That’s the only negative I have at the moment, but as I said I think my hair is hard to work and there's still 5 months to go for the year so excited to see how this develops. Look I'm not going to complain about anything right now, I just looked at how it was before and it’s so nice to hope on the motorbike here and pull off the crash helmet and walk straight in the bar without knowing my hairline is going to be looking terrible. So sending a big cheers to Dr Bisanga and the team for my result so far!

I’ve now got (the appearance?!) of more hair than I’ve ever had, as even at 16 years old the “fringe” was kind of thin. It’s really nice to not have the hair loss problem bothering me any more, dating has also miraculously become a bit easier haha. Oh and a funny thing happened the other day, I was having a drink with a group of guys I didn’t know well, everyone started talking about hair loss which 80% had - then someone turned to me and said “man at your age you’re so lucky to not have any hair loss at all” ! .. as I didn’t know them that well I just smiled to myself :)

IMG_4027.jpg

IMG_4031.jpg

IMG_4032.jpg

IMG_4033.jpg

IMG_4034.jpg

IMG_4037.jpg

Edited by New_Barnet_Please
  • Like 3

Fantastic update ! Thanks for that, the pics are great 👍🏽 Some very nice improvements already. I can really identify with the crash helmet scenario, hated pulling up at the gym and taking it off, knowing my hair would look rubbish. 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2022 at 2:04 AM, Smacias15 said:

Look like your left hairline is higher than the right.  Was that intentional to create irregularity to make it more natural?

Yes it's intentional for a more natural look, this is mentioned in one of the posts but I appreciate there's a lot of text there!

At 7 months does it make it more natural? I don't know really. I don't mind how it is at all but I think it would be ok to have the design even with my hairstyle and type to be honest - but hey it used slightly less grafts, can be changed later if I want (seems unlikely) - and I'll defer to the good doctor that it's most likely he knows best and we can check in at the 1 year result.

1 hour ago, New_Barnet_Please said:

Dear Gents,

Apologies for the delay updating this thread! I moved over to live on a tropical island and there have been innumerous (good) distractions getting in my way since then. 

What’s been going on hair-wise since my last update - I’ve just been looking at my last update at 4 months, big changes. Back then I swept the hair across, since then way more has grown and I have a “big shock” of hair at the front. My hairline is somewhat unusual in HT terms, I notice most people who get a HT seem to backcomb the hair backwards which is a cool look to be honest. However this would not suit my face as my hair has never done this, Dr Bisanga agreed with this - so in the end it’s a more natural (for me) to have it either swept slightly to one side or have it as a bit of a curly fringe. 

At 5 to just before 6 months it hadn’t quite filled out enough for this so there was a bit of a gap in the fringe. From 6 to 7 (reporting 1 week before 7 months) now it’s filled out more. 
My hair is a bit weird as although it doesn’t look like it at first glance it’s got quite strong kinks in, it's not straight at all so I guess might be harder to work with in terms of how it will look when transplanting it. So for styling, it’s not that easy at the moment - I haven’t quite figured out the style that works best. I think if it thickens a bit more over the next few months there will more option to have a curly fringe coming from both sides inside of a slight sweep to the right. As I said it’s kind of a big shock of hair at the moment which is a bit wild with curls and not something that fits into an easy to style “look". That’s the only negative I have, but as I said I think my hair is hard to work with and also it’s not the usual HT hairline - and look I’m not going to complain about anything, I just looked at how it was before and it’s so nice to hope on the motorbike here and pull off the crash helmet and walk straight in the bar without knowing my hairline is going to be looking terrible. So sending a big cheers to Dr Bisanga and the team for my result so far!

I’ve now got (the appearance?!) of more hair than I’ve ever had, as even at 16 years old the “fringe” was kind of thin. It’s really nice to not have the hair loss problem bothering me any more, dating has also miraculously become a bit easier haha. Oh and a funny thing happened the other day, I was having a drink with a group of guys I didn’t know well, everyone started talking about hair loss which 80% had - then someone turned to me and said “man at your age you’re so lucky to not have any hair loss at all” ! .. as I didn’t know them that well I just smiled to myself :)

IMG_4027.jpg

IMG_4031.jpg

IMG_4032.jpg

IMG_4033.jpg

IMG_4034.jpg

IMG_4037.jpg

Really nice result! That hairline is looking great now! And Thanks for your all the details and information you are sharing with us. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Incredible 

ED997D08-BF75-4304-B845-9217527666ED.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 months later...

Afternoon Gents

9 month update here, wow just writing that I can’t believe how quickly the 9 months has gone. I was going to update last month actually, but I had literally the worse haircut I’ve ever had in my life. My fringe is curly and this hairdresser used straighteners on the fringe before cutting it which I’ve never had done before and just kind of cut straight along the front really high up. I don’t know exactly what he did to f*ck it up so much but it made my hair look so bad, way worse than previous months - he basically did everything wrong possible.

In addition I did have quite a lot of shedding last month which I was a bit concerned about. I don’t know if it was a certain point in the lifecycle of the hair as per the original HT date (is that even a thing?!) or my other possibility is I had very poor discipline with my oral minoxidil for a while. I was intending to take 2.5mg per day but I would miss it for days and days so then take 5mg over a few days and then miss it again etc. I think this fluctuation isn’t a good approach and had a negative effect, my crown seemed to thin out a bit which was worrying.

On to the good news! My hair is looking back to good again this month. I fixed my oral minox consistency issues, shedding stablised back to normal and the crown has recovered again for now (phew!) which I can only put down to the oral minox - as I’m still not taking finasteride.

I’m sharing pictures with longer hair, it's right before when I’d usually get a haircut so it's not looking "sharp"! But after the shambles of last time I thought I’d share the pictures now before hand this time!

I think potentially there’s probably a cool way that I could be styling my new hair that I haven’t fully figured out yet, will have to play around with it at some point - but still very happy to have the hair to do the messy slightly curly look for now :0)

I’ll maybe do a couple of extra photos after a haircut but may just save it for the 1 year finale now. Wishing best of luck to everyone on their current or planned HT journeys! 

IMG_5249.jpg

IMG_5250.jpg

IMG_5251.jpg

IMG_5252.jpg

IMG_5263.jpg

Edited by New_Barnet_Please
  • Like 4

@New_Barnet_Please
Thank you for you update. I have been awaiting this one.

To be honest you have never looked back from those early months post surgery and I have always appreciated your documentation, photo quality and words as Im sure much of the community has.

Good to hear that you have been able to be consistent with your regimen and that you feel that this has stabilised potential shedding that you experienced and overall completely natural. Nobody would ever suspect that you had surgery.

It should be an enjoyable summer!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1