FUE by Dr. Bisanga / 2700 grafts / Brussels, Belgium

A big thank you to this patient for sharing his case and a small video here to show it so far with comparisons..I did like the quote about people talking about hair loss and how fortunate you are so have included it also in this video. Looking forwards to your continued updates..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Ah nice video, just saw it!

Quick update - the result was looking good, but as I suspected after finally finding a great stylist, she’s shown me a better way to go. She used a hairdryer to sweep it up and to the side a bit and then some product to hold it in place which I think is a nicer style.

The hairdresser actually said to me you've got an amazing hairline, you need to lift the hair up a bit to show this off! She’s shown me how to style this consistently and since I’ve changed it I’ve been getting compliments from friends. This look feels more fresh and stylised, so feeling as happy as can be with the result now!

IMG_5402.thumb.jpg.2c35c7e9398767a5d9adee4f41c9f640.jpgIMG_5401.thumb.jpg.e83cdff51dc55783a484c01963844a1b.jpgIMG_5400.thumb.jpg.b2f2ddb39a8076ec943b26ea1d443bd6.jpgIMG_5381.thumb.jpg.7bfee76e62e2db2ca7e37648a0a49c45.jpg

Edited by New_Barnet_Please
  • Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

When we had a receded hairline and low density, we would push our hair forward to give the illusion of a lower hairline.

Now you have hair, you can style it more youthful. Most people get a transplant but in their head they are still balding, so they grow it out super long or style it oddly.

Your stylist is right. They know what style is best for your face. Trust her!

Looking great!!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So here is my 1 year and final update!
Photos taken outside, bright light.
There’s been some thickening of the hair but not a huge change from 9 month result.

It’s of course not equal for all patients (even with the same surgeon) as it could be down to hair characteristics but for me it’s a total myth that the HT was going to be “see-through”, or have to worry about standing in certain lighting or anything of the sort. Also the “density or illusion of density” is basically a null and void question for me - as it’s pretty much impossible to tell the difference between my original hair or the transplanted! Must be down to the skill of Dr Bisanga and perhaps favourable hair characteristics as I mentioned.

Another myth, at least in my case, “it’s pointless to take oral minoxidil without being on finasteride” which I see frequently on this forum - I don’t take finasteride as when I tried it I had unpleasant side effects. I started on oral minoxidil just after the HT on Dr Bisanga's detailed advice, it’s been a total game-changer and has stabilised my hair loss across my entire scalp. I only actually take 2.5mg, as this seems to work great so I see no need to increase it at this stage. Oral minoxidil has strengthened the mid-scalp dramatically and regrown the crown which was starting to look like a bald spot before my HT (this latest picture of my crown is taken direct angle onto it & I’ve always had a kind of a cow lick in the crown). Of course the data I have on this is only 1 year old, but the results for me are undeniable. Don’t ask me how it works in terms of stabilising the lot, if regrowth simply outpaces the loss or if it’s via another mechanism (I’ve seen others confirm the same result as me) but I’m very very grateful that it does! 

What’s interesting is that topical minoxidil was a complete disaster for me, I had zero regrowth. In addition I saw amazing results on Reddit r/minoxidilbeard for beard growth, so I gave that a try a couple of years ago and despite almost all the posts having good results, I got next to no progress! I’ve since read that some people are non-responders to topical minoxidil (perhaps down to a certain enzyme? I can’t remember the details) - I am one of them, so for the oral version to work so well is a blessing.

To sum up - the HT has been totally life changing for me, to deal with this problem that bothered me for so many years. My hair is better than it was even as a teenager! It’s improved my confidence in terms of my look and had an awesome effect on my dating life which has been a lot of fun! Now I just look and think why on earth didn’t I get it done a few years before, but that’s just the monkey mind, must stay grateful that’s it’s all good now! A final big thanks to the BHR clinic team for their skilful work and always ethical approach to the often shady world of HT.

IMG_6335.jpg

IMG_6337.jpg

IMG_6338.jpg

IMG_6339.jpg

IMG_6346.jpg

• Like 5

Thank you @New_Barnet_Please

This is a great one year review post and you have really documented your journey, both with great images and descriptively, very well and I have certainly enjoyed following your evolution and progress.

You look great and both myself, the doctor and all of the BHR team are extremely happy for you. We all appreciate your dedication to your thread because I know that when growth occurs and your desired outcome has been achieved, life gets busy and quite often, understandably there are other priorities. But patient posted experiences and results are the most well received and valuable for obvious reasons and so no doubt there are many who have really benefitted from your thread.

It is really positive to hear that you have responded so well to oral minoxidil and that your crown has also benefitted. This really puts you in a strong place looking forward.

It was a pleasure to coordinate your surgery and for me, the increase in confidence is often a game changer that then flows over into many aspects of life so Im very happy to read this.

Enjoy every minute.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

12 hours ago, New_Barnet_Please said:

Just did one for you on the update 👍🏼

Thanks looks insanely natural with the irregularities and hairline design. I am to a non respondent on topical minoxidil. Wish I knew where to get oral min here in California.

Edited by Smacias15

Great result.  I don't think you could've asked for much better. See through while soaking wet 1 inch away from a mirror is normal, but for some on this forum it seems they think "see-through" is a necessary outcome in normal conditions.  Just a way to excuse for poor work IMO.  I don't think you have particularly "favorable" hair characteristics.  It appears to be fine hair with medium volume - not bad but not coarse or uber thick.  And your skin/hair contract isn't poor, but it's also not ideal. Those two statements aren't me knocking your result or you, I'm just pointing that out because that shows great results needn't only come from those with coarse hair and super low skin/hair contrast.

When would you say things stoped improving texture and thickness wise?  Clearly your growth was very early.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John1991 said:

Great result.  I don't think you could've asked for much better. See through while soaking wet 1 inch away from a mirror is normal, but for some on this forum it seems they think "see-through" is a necessary outcome in normal conditions.  Just a way to excuse for poor work IMO.  I don't think you have particularly "favorable" hair characteristics.  It appears to be fine hair with medium volume - not bad but not coarse or uber thick.  And your skin/hair contract isn't poor, but it's also not ideal. Those two statements aren't me knocking your result or you, I'm just pointing that out because that shows great results needn't only come from those with coarse hair and super low skin/hair contrast.

When would you say things stoped improving texture and thickness wise?  Clearly your growth was very early.

Yes I agree with you that is often the case, I mainly put that as a disclaimer as there are a lot of variables in any HT. The slight curl in my hair probably helps a bit. Of course it’s true that high Norwoods will have less grafts to work with so may need to adjust expectations. 

Yes early growth, fast change from month 3 to 9 and then slowed down to gradual thickening months 9-12. May have stopped now, I’m not sure, results are supposed to improve a little months 12-18 so will have to see!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Jl90 said:

Looks great!

Have you got any pictures with the hair wet and slicked back?

I am looking to have a procedure with Dr Bisanga and the slicked back look is my dream hair style.

Hi, no sorry I don’t - my hair has never naturally grown in a way that a slicked back style would work for my face, so for the ht design we actually specifically designed it to not fall in that way to keep a natural look for me.

2 hours ago, New_Barnet_Please said:

Hi, no sorry I don’t - my hair has never naturally grown in a way that a slicked back style would work for my face, so for the ht design we actually specifically designed it to not fall in that way to keep a natural look for me.

That is fair enough. Thanks for getting back to me.

Are you still pleased with the density? Do you feel you can style it in different ways easily without it looking thinner than native hair?

Sorry for all the questions. I am due to have surgery soon and having the pre surgery doubts and worries!