THE HAIR DR / DR ARSHAD / 2000 GRAFT - Walkthrough experience and how it goes

It looks good for 6 weeks. The redness can last in extreme cases up to 6 months so don't expect it to be gone in 6 weeks. I'd say for myself the redness usually lasted about 3 months. Then growth around the 4th. In addition, working out 6 times a day, you'll be looking like the hulk in a matter of weeks 😉

• Like 1

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

On 10/18/2021 at 3:51 PM, BDK081522 said:

It looks good for 6 weeks. The redness can last in extreme cases up to 6 months so don't expect it to be gone in 6 weeks. I'd say for myself the redness usually lasted about 3 months. Then growth around the 4th. In addition, working out 6 times a day, you'll be looking like the hulk in a matter of weeks 😉

Oh wow ok I thought the redness goes sooner. Sometimes the scalp does feel sore esp the hairline area but nothing major.

This is my update as of exactly 7 weeks today
Redness still there
Changes I don't see much. I wash my hair once every other day. 1x with Nizoral then the other time with a Shampoo I got from Sons.co.uk

Not using Minoxidil yet. Might start next week.

I don't see any changes from last week. My hair line seems to from what was done in the surgery, kind of in and out, sometimes looks like something is happening, sometimes not.

Screenshot 2021-10-22 at 10.38.44.png

Screenshot 2021-10-22 at 10.39.17.png

Screenshot 2021-10-22 at 10.39.10.png

Screenshot 2021-10-22 at 10.38.59.png

Screenshot 2021-10-22 at 10.38.51.png

@londonhairlossvictim you are definitely ahead of of the game with regards to healing. Everything looks great brother! Don't sweat the small stuff. I'm right there with you man at around the 6/7 week mark myself and I experienced way more shedding than you. This is the time to embrace your inner self and block out everyone's perception of 'how you look'. To hell with what people think! Me personally, I've had a number of social events, weddings, christenings, a wine tasting event, and a corporate event where I had to speak in front of about 100 of my colleagues with all eyes on me and my weird head. Out of all the friends, family, colleagues, and strangers I've been been exposed to over the last 6 week, I only had 3 people ask me if I had something done. I happily told them what I did, and trust me when I tell you they were so fascinated with the whole process and peppered me with 101 questions of intrigue. I'm finding that as long as people see me comfortable in my own skin, they either don't notice, don't care, or take extreme interest in learning about the experience. With that said though, by no means am I enjoying looking like this and may invest in Hairatin Fibers when my hair grows in a little. Until then, I'll keep the wheel of life turning unrestricted.

Honestly though, I think if you cut your native hair to come closer to matching the transplanted hair, you may be able to use the Hairatin fibers next month when you have that event to attend. With the strength of your native hair, you are in a strong position for fibers to look kick ass on you when the grafts grow a little more. 

Happy to finally be subscribed to your thread! Looking forward future updates.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, MazAB said:

@londonhairlossvictim you are definitely ahead of of the game with regards to healing. Everything looks great brother! Don't sweat the small stuff. I'm right there with you man at around the 6/7 week mark myself and I experienced way more shedding than you. This is the time to embrace your inner self and block out everyone's perception of 'how you look'. To hell with what people think! Me personally, I've had a number of social events, weddings, christenings, a wine tasting event, and a corporate event where I had to speak in front of about 100 of my colleagues with all eyes on me and my weird head. Out of all the friends, family, colleagues, and strangers I've been been exposed to over the last 6 week, I only had 3 people ask me if I had something done. I happily told them what I did, and trust me when I tell you they were so fascinated with the whole process and peppered me with 101 questions of intrigue. I'm finding that as long as people see me comfortable in my own skin, they either don't notice, don't care, or take extreme interest in learning about the experience. With that said though, by no means am I enjoying looking like this and may invest in Hairatin Fibers when my hair grows in a little. Until then, I'll keep the wheel of life turning unrestricted.

Honestly though, I think if you cut your native hair to come closer to matching the transplanted hair, you may be able to use the Hairatin fibers next month when you have that event to attend. With the strength of your native hair, you are in a strong position for fibers to look kick ass on you when the grafts grow a little more. 

Thanks man for this advice, it was very helpful and you have an amazing positive energy about yourself which is clear also from the Youtube video I saw and the info you are sharing on your own thread, props!

I've been conscious about my hair for a long time, in terms of styling it, making sure it's got a good look when i go out and in general so I think when I noticed the thinning to what I considered too much for me that's when I took the FUE plunge (even though of course i was not bald) so since then even with how it is now, it's not something I'm as confident as you are to be able to handle infront of people! But saying that I do agree with you on cutting it, I was planning to wait say mid to the lask week of Nov then going to my friend who is my barber and he is eagerly waiting to see me lol, of course I told him and then I'll cut down the native hair to match closer how it's looking at that time.

It's great to have someone like yourself with similar grafts to me to watch also and at same timeframe!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MazAB said:

Great attitude

• Like 2

Hey guys so today is exactly 8 weeks post my FUE

So far I am sure I experienced some shedding but not as bad as some people told me I can expect. 
I've been told that since 6-7 weeks you are officially in the ugly duckling phase so I am not worried about anything or concerned, I'd like to make that clear because online if you say something it seems people think your panicking when you are just wanting to show an update or expressing thoughts! lol

So, so far I know technically I should be expecting new growth from January if I'm correct based on what others have experience, usually at the 4 month mark.

For now I feel like the right side of my temple has already moreless regrown where it's quite easy to cover up, moreless like before I even went in for the FUE.
However I feel my left side is much slower in growing back, this could be the native hair that was there or the new one. It just clearly is more "exposed" then the right side.

Just wanted to share my pics and see what you guys think. I do sometimes rub my hair, when I feel dry skin I don't pick it but i do tend to rind I brush my hands alot through my hair while working to kind of fluff these dead skin bits out.

I havn't had a haircut since Sept 3rd! I do plan on seeing where my hair is at the end of Nov I think and then I'll go and do a cut to see how to balance things out.

from the pics below I showed all signs plus the hairline, would be keen to know if you guys would say this is all part of the healing phase - i think you can clearly see one side of my temple is already more dense then the other, I'm guessing that is just my native hair that has regrown. I always felt the left side of my temple from the start was the weaker side where it was thinning faster.

Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 10.12.02.png

Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 10.12.43.png

Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 10.12.33.png

Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 10.12.26.png

Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 10.12.18.png

Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 10.12.11.png

9 hours ago, MazAB said:

You are so far ahead for two months from what I can see. You barely shed at all which is incredible man!

Yea' the clinic said something similar. People really kept telling me on this forum and even the clinic giving you heads up about shedding, not to be worried by it i guess because if unaware in a few people it can create alot of trauma! But in my case, not yet anyways i would say there has been some, i think most obvious is that left part of my temple. I was a bit worried about it - but then i have looked at other guys post FUE experience and looking at the 2 month mark and i can see alot of people have a similar look at the 2 month mark for where the FUE was done

I just took picture of the back of my hair, my donor area - it's got a weird shape to it lol

Not sure what to make of this, is this normal post 2 months or has something. happened here? I don't remember my hair on the back looking uneven like this before

There is a gap also I can see there

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-02 at 1.26.06 PM.jpeg

1 minute ago, Gokuhairline said:

niiiice, looks like some early growth around the hairline, and you were freaking out lol...did you ever start creatine ? today is my 8 weeks.

Yes I'm using creatine, the standard 5MG a day. Been on a strict workout and nutrition schedule since I could go back to the gym after 2 weeks. 6 days a week training and creatine I've been on and off. For example 1 week on and then couple days off then on again but I am using it!

13 minutes ago, londonhairlossvictim said:

Yes I'm using creatine, the standard 5MG a day. Been on a strict workout and nutrition schedule since I could go back to the gym after 2 weeks. 6 days a week training and creatine I've been on and off. For example 1 week on and then couple days off then on again but I am using it!

hell yeah brother , i started it yesterday but only 5g on training days so 3-4x week...did not do a loading phase so hopefully i dont saturate my body too much...plot twist ..creatine helps growth faster hahaha opposite of what everyone thinks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gokuhairline said:

hell yeah brother , i started it yesterday but only 5g on training days so 3-4x week...did not do a loading phase so hopefully i dont saturate my body too much...plot twist ..creatine helps growth faster hahaha opposite of what everyone thinks

You think so? lol I don't know man with these things, everyone has a view but most of the time it seems really dependant person to person. Only few things seem to have a proven track record of being positive or negative.

But I'm not sure about the back of my head which i just saw today...seems bit uneven to me

1 minute ago, londonhairlossvictim said:

You think so? lol I don't know man with these things, everyone has a view but most of the time it seems really dependant person to person. Only few things seem to have a proven track record of being positive or negative.

But I'm not sure about the back of my head which i just saw today...seems bit uneven to me

probably still some shock loss....not creatine related...

13 minutes ago, londonhairlossvictim said:

That can happen in the donor area? I didn't know that, I thought that happens in the area where the work is done - eg. hairline and temples in my case

shock loss refers to the native hair in or around the donor area that is stressed during the surgery and temporarily sheds...different shedding then the newly transplanted hair area

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gokuhairline said:

shock loss refers to the native hair in or around the donor area that is stressed during the surgery and temporarily sheds...different shedding then the newly transplanted hair area

Ah ok, so it seems like i got some over there as you can see it's bit uneven now and there is a gap there too...i do remember that was the most painful part for me personally when they were taking those ones out

That will grow back?

1 minute ago, londonhairlossvictim said:

Ah ok, so it seems like i got some over there as you can see it's bit uneven now and there is a gap there too...i do remember that was the most painful part for me personally when they were taking those ones out

That will grow back?

yes

• Like 1

• Administrators

You’re healing extremely well, it’s actually shocking. Very excited to see this grow in, thanks for being so detailed 🙌🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

You’re healing extremely well, it’s actually shocking. Very excited to see this grow in, thanks for being so detailed 🙌🏼

I'm excited as well lol, really can't wait to finally style my hair as I want to. For over 2 years been combing it down to the side to hide and using hair fibres 

5 hours ago, londonhairlossvictim said:

That can happen in the donor area? I didn't know that, I thought that happens in the area where the work is done - eg. hairline and temples in my case

Yes, you can get shock loss in any area of your scalp. Even areas that weren't treated during the surgical intervention. Donor or recipient and surrounding areas can all experience shock loss. It's mainly due to the surgical trauma (anesthetic, tumanescence, disruption of tissue) that causes the follicles to enter the telogen phase. The main takeaway is that it's usually temporary. Usually because it can cause permanent loss of follicles if they were minaturizing and unstable to begin with. 

• Like 1

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

2 minutes ago, BDK081522 said:

Yes, you can get shock loss in any area of your scalp. Even areas that weren't treated during the surgical intervention. Donor or recipient and surrounding areas can all experience shock loss. It's mainly due to the surgical trauma (anesthetic, tumanescence, disruption of tissue) that causes the follicles to enter the telogen phase. The main takeaway is that it's usually temporary. Usually because it can cause permanent loss of follicles if they were minaturizing and unstable to begin with. 

Thanks for the explanation, that helps and makes sense. I was under the impression it only happens in the area the FUE was done but it makes sense now, thank you :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys thought I'd show an update - my FUE was on Sept 3 and today is 21 Nov so I'm at - 2 months and a half

So far I feel normal no issues at all. In terms of any shedding, maybe  a small amount but nothing crazy which I was told may happen so not to worry about.

My right side of my temple has regrown faster then my left side. I am guessing that is native hairs that were already there from the start?
My left side is taking longer to grow back or get density, from my understanding this is nothing to worry about and I've been told to expect the new growth from January onwards.

So at the moment I'm fine, if I have any concerns it's just my left side how it seems to be responding slower but that's just if I have to say something, overall I'm not expecting from the others I've seen who post and what I have been told to expect anyways from Jan onwards! 

Screenshot 2021-11-21 at 09.36.56.png

Screenshot 2021-11-21 at 09.37.31.png

Screenshot 2021-11-21 at 09.37.18.png

Screenshot 2021-11-21 at 09.37.11.png

Screenshot 2021-11-21 at 09.37.03.png

Screenshot 2021-11-21 at 09.44.28.png

Screenshot 2021-11-21 at 09.44.19.png

Edited by londonhairlossvictim