THE HAIR DR / DR ARSHAD / 2000 GRAFT - Walkthrough experience and how it goes

Me: 37 year old male
Ok so decided to go and get this done, my concern was my templates and hairline.

Met the team, on the day no pain or anything. First time experience for me.
My only concern throughout the day and even today - the next day is I just hate looking at myself in the mirror! But otherwise I'm relaxed and throughout the whole procedure felt great and calm and treated perfectly.

These pics are today, the day after - let me know your thoughts.
The dr's team was very happy with how it looks the density there - I don't understand all that because to me it looks terrifying but for them they were happy with what they saw.

I will carry on updating this thread with progress.

They have given me a 7 day plan to follow for medication and the after care in a very clear and easy to follow method.

IMG_2324.JPG

IMG_2322.JPG

IMG_2321.JPG

IMG_2320.JPG

IMG_2319.JPG

• Like 1

This is Day 2
They gave me a plan, I spray my hair with sterile solution every 2 hours and tablets for first 7 days. Sleeping isn't easy as I have to sleep upright but it's only for the first 7 days.

Does this look normal to you guys on Day 2? I'm always conscious to be very careful with my head

IMG_2359.JPG

IMG_2362.JPG

IMG_2361.JPG

IMG_2360.JPG

1 minute ago, londonhairlossvictim said:

Thanks mate yes I am doing that, always conscious just about making sure nothing touches it. Does it look like a good dense job to you?

It does 👌 Dr Arshad does good work. Be interested to see the pre ht pics also. Thanks 🙏 

1 month in to recovery you will most likely be in full on shedding mode and entering the ugly duckling stage - lots of the implanted hair will have fallen out, so yes there will most likely be gaps and your recipient area will likely be at least a little red, maybe a lot. 

Just now, JDEE0 said:

1 month in to recovery you will most likely be in full on shedding mode and entering the ugly duckling stage - lots of the implanted hair will have fallen out, so yes there will most likely be gaps and your recipient area will likely be at least a little red, maybe a lot. 

Oh no that's not good :(
I can't go to the event if it's like that - so you mean all that part that you need where they did the operation on, will be basically all bald?
Even with topik hair fibres I won't be able to cover anything up?

I'm afraid so! Some people don't shed their transplanted hairs, or at least they only shed a tiny amount, but the vast majority of people will shed most of their grafts around the time you have mentioned, so it will be mostly bald.

However, looking at your pics on a different thread, you had a lot of hair - if you shave all your hair down, I don't think it will be too noticeable due to your native hair as long as you don't have too much redness etc 

Just now, JDEE0 said:

I'm afraid so! Some people don't shed their transplanted hairs, or at least they only shed a tiny amount, but the vast majority of people will shed most of their grafts around the time you have mentioned, so it will be mostly bald.

However, looking at your pics on a different thread, you had a lot of hair - if you shave all your hair down, I don't think it will be too noticeable due to your native hair as long as you don't have too much redness etc 

You mean try to go for a buzz cut so it's all one type of height? I was hoping to kind of be able to sweep my hair over it to cover this area and use hair thickners or fibres if i have too / to avoid that bad look when i may experience shock loss

31 minutes ago, londonhairlossvictim said:

Well your saying something completely different to what the Dr has told me, they said at 2 months should be the same type of hair as when I walked into the clinic

Well, your hair that already existed is of course going to exist after. So, 2 months in, that will have grown out an inch or two since being shaved and will be the same as before, just shorter now obviously (unless you experience shock loss in the recipient, but this usually only happens when the hair there was quite miniaturised/weak to begin with). 

But, the new transplanted hair will be in the shedding phase between months 1-3 generally speaking and begins to grow only after this time - look up other peoples Ht threads and you'll see how it often plays out.

45 minutes ago, Newyear newhair said:

Yeah agree with @JDEE0

this is how mine played out ... 

1st picture before, then, 2 month, 3 month and 4 month.

A50DC88F-327A-4051-8516-88F6D63C0AFB.png

464A56D5-0A23-4D88-AFF3-6F12EEBAD9DA.jpeg

3C727504-21E7-4CA1-B535-53F8D86EE259.jpeg

C2461DBB-B4D3-4F78-A0D0-06823520C1F7.jpeg

oh your 4 month looks great - and yes that sucks, my event is in 2 months...i wasn't as bad as you tbh before so i'm hoping i'll be ok but if it's not then i wouldn't want to go to that event i got planned -.-

5 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Looks very clean and healing well to me. Keep following the clinics post op advice and you will be fine 👌

Ok mate, i was really soft while washing it today - the clinic told me tomorrow I can wash with normal pressure and from now on the grafts are firmly in place so wearing a cap is fine and if i want to go back to the gym I can within 2-3 days nothing will fall out or lose its place now - what do you think? I feel coz it's first time i did this i'm being extra careful but i really want to go back and start training

1 minute ago, londonhairlossvictim said:

Ok mate, i was really soft while washing it today - the clinic told me tomorrow I can wash with normal pressure and from now on the grafts are firmly in place so wearing a cap is fine and if i want to go back to the gym I can within 2-3 days nothing will fall out or lose its place now - what do you think? I feel coz it's first time i did this i'm being extra careful but i really want to go back and start training

What did the clinic say about returning to the gym ? I have always waited at least 2 weeks+