THE HAIR DR / DR ARSHAD / 2000 GRAFT - Walkthrough experience and how it goes

14 hours ago, londonhairlossvictim said:

Today is a full 2 weeks since the day of my procedue, this is how I look. I do have a slight concern not major, my left temple - it looks visually to me less "dense" as the other side. Also at night, not always but I feel a sensation there or tingling rather than anywhere else. It's also the main area I was concerned about that made me do the HT in the first place, if you see my pics from before that was where the thinning/receding happened the most.

Does it look fine to you guys? Me just being paranoid - or again just part of the whole process.
Currently I only take Finastride 1MG every day, not using anything else. Been told to wait total 4 weeks before using Minoxidil again.

IMG_2644.JPG

IMG_2642.JPG

IMG_2641.JPG

hi man,

to better evaluate your progress and ht journey in future it would be great to see the most important parts of your pics in focus and not blurred as is currently the case, unfortunately.

of course i understand the general limitations in getting the focus right whilst shooting yourself. but since you are using an iphone it should be quite easy:

since we are here to help and support each other i´ve just checked especially for you (i don´t own an iphone) and found 2 possible solutions:

1. whilst viewing the pic on your iphone that you want to take you just tap on the area that you want to focus and leave the finger there a bit longer which means that the focus will get locked there. or

2. you get a very nifty app for your iphone to solve not just that problem but maybe give you even more powerful options in future. here is the app:

focos

and an introductory youtube review:

hope this helps.

11 hours ago, BoldnotBald said:

hi man,

to better evaluate your progress and ht journey in future it would be great to see the most important parts of your pics in focus and not blurred as is currently the case, unfortunately.

of course i understand the general limitations in getting the focus right whilst shooting yourself. but since you are using an iphone it should be quite easy:

since we are here to help and support each other i´ve just checked especially for you (i don´t own an iphone) and found 2 possible solutions:

1. whilst viewing the pic on your iphone that you want to take you just tap on the area that you want to focus and leave the finger there a bit longer which means that the focus will get locked there. or

2. you get a very nifty app for your iphone to solve not just that problem but maybe give you even more powerful options in future. here is the app:

focos

and an introductory youtube review:

hope this helps.

Hey there thanks for this, I followed your advice and got these - does it look clearer?
Like I said I don't know if it's me as personally it was always from the start my left side of temple what I was concerned about the most so it does look like - this is now Post 15 days

My clinic said it's healed well and all looks good

Personally just me it looks like one side is more dense then the other, or maybe it's just part of the process?

left-right.png

FC_20210918_0001.png

IMG_2678.png

IMG_2677.png

2 hours ago, londonhairlossvictim said:

Hey there thanks for this, I followed your advice and got these - does it look clearer?
Like I said I don't know if it's me as personally it was always from the start my left side of temple what I was concerned about the most so it does look like - this is now Post 15 days

My clinic said it's healed well and all looks good

Personally just me it looks like one side is more dense then the other, or maybe it's just part of the process?

hi, unfortunately i don´t see much difference to your previous pics:

i suppose you want to show those red circled areas and they are still out of focus. i recommend you to get the app as previously suggested. it should allow you to get the areas into focus if need be and as explained in the video - after you´ve taken the pic.

left-right.png.342c0b522a5c230a71bc8877b16d2837.png

Yea I am finding it hard to get those shots, not sure how others do it - what mode on their phone. If you do the camera facing it's always coming out the same. 

This is another attempt I did - so when I see it in the camera myself before I take the pic and process the pic - my left side does look "weaker" then my right side. I hope this won't be a problem after.

I put it side by side - I think it's kind of obvious. This is Post 15 days.

I made a video too - if it helps to judge more - https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnxdkwirgqkyi8d/IMG_2705.MOV?dl=0

This was my hair on August 04 2021 (Before my HT, it was my left side that bothered me the most but my right temple started thinning that's what made me decide to do the HT when I saw both sides getting affected) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlavu463pls0xrw/IMG_1588.MOV?dl=0 

IMG_2701.png

Edited by londonhairlossvictim

Today is 17 days post op - in general i don't feel anything different or notice anything. I do personally feel when I wash my hair in mornings or just "try" to style it I do see more than normal amount of hairs falling out, both long ones from the unshaven parts and what looks like small grafts too - 

But other than that nothing different

I would say left side looks weaker than the right as another observation - i hope after a few months this is not something to worry about

At the moment I'm just really wanting it to grow and also be at a point I can cut my hair as it's terrible now because I left it part shaved and I don't like going out like this

IMG_2743.JPG

IMG_2742.JPG

IMG_2741.JPG

Edited by londonhairlossvictim

You have to try and relax and not over analyze things right now. You've probably already started shedding so there's no way to compare things at this point. You truly won't know the full potential of the restoration until at least 12 months. It does nothing to keep worrying about things that are out of your control at this point. More than likely you'll need a second or third surgery anyway as one and done in hair restoration is very rare. It's very difficult to get full density with one pass. 

• Like 1

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

Guys I want to make clear - in typing it prob comes out different - mentally I am not worried about anything so people who keep saying "You have to try and relax"...It's fine lol, I'm not relaxed. I'm just asking the question as a first time FUE customer, is this normal, did others experience this at the start OR if it's something that is not normal hence meaning you should bring it to the attention of the professionals who can investigate or advise.

That's literally the only reason I'm saying - and I'm just saying a remark from what I see visually as I think you can also in the pictures. That's all...I'm not having a nervous breakdown -.-

We're saying relax because you've been posting every day on multiple threads with the same anecdotal message and asking for reassurance. We've all been there questioning whether we made the right choice. Nothing we will tell you can change anything at this point so that's why you haven't been getting the answers you're looking for. The reality is nobody knows until the transplant has matured. Even if graft placement looks perfect your yield may be low and your results could be subpar. Everything you've shown in pictures looks on track with where you are in the process. 

• Like 3

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

Just now, BDK081522 said:

We're saying relax because you've been posting every day on multiple threads with the same anecdotal message and asking for reassurance. We've all been there questioning whether we made the right choice. Nothing we will tell you can change anything at this point so that's why you haven't been getting the answers you're looking for. The reality is nobody knows until the transplant has matured. Even if graft placement looks perfect your yield may be low and your results could be subpar. Everything you've shown in pictures looks on track with where you are in the process. 

Thanks mate, that's all I wanted to know that if at this stage this is a normal track to be on (post 18 days) Thanks mate, much appreciated 

• Like 1

• Administrators

I made this video for guys like you

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hey guys I took advice to take the pics better using the front facing camera, so this is where I am at what is now exactly 3 weeks post surgery - 

At the moment daily 1MG Finastride
Scabs have gone, washing hair every 3rd day

Health wise feel normal

Any advice on anything would be appreciated or thoughts

I have named the files left/right to show each side. As mentioned before in my thread my left feels like it's growing slower.

right-side.JPG

IMG_2917.JPG

IMG_2893.JPG

left.JPG

Yes, expect to lose all of the transplanted hair over the next couple of weeks. You're entering the ugly duckling phase. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, today is exactly 5 weeks since I had my FUE.
Personal life, I'm back to normal. I go to the gym daily. When I go out I do wear a cap, that's basically just to the gym and then back home.

I do notice a bit of what I am guessing is shedding - nothing extreme yet. I can see little patches in my hairline which I am guessing is the shedding part.

I do not wash my hair everyday, I wash it every other day - still using the anti-dandruff shampoo the clinic gave me. Today my hair seems to have more dry scalp skin then I noticed it in the last week.

Does this look pretty normal for a post 5 week situation from where I started? Thanks!

Screenshot 2021-10-08 at 13.49.32.png

Screenshot 2021-10-08 at 13.49.25.png

Screenshot 2021-10-08 at 13.49.18.png

Screenshot 2021-10-08 at 13.49.13.png

• Valued Contributor

You have now officially entered the ‘ugly duckling stage.’ For the next two months, if at all possible, suspend all judgement on the state of your recipient area. It’s just part of the natural process. Take care and thanks for sharing! 

• Like 2

lol thanks Gatsby! Tbh I expected worse but in my case I had hair before I went into the FUE, but I can def see on the hairline and temple edges, you can see the patches and a little bit here and there for whatever is happening there.

When I do shower, it seems the dry skin on my scalp then gets wet and white and stays there. At first I thought it was shampoo residue, then as I saw it and rubbed I realized it's dry scalp skin. Why is that? I never had dandruff before in my life, so is this white stuff still dead skin regenerating and falling off? I thought that was only in the first 1-2 weeks that would happen

Wow 2 months is a long time :(
Seems like a few events I can't attend because there is a big party i really wanted to go to in 1 month and then in January is another big party I wanted to attend.

January might be ok as that would then be start of month 5 

Thought I would do a little update, I'm at 5.5 weeks now since I had my FUE

Health wise - all fine
I noticed there is still redness/soreness on my hairline, not sure why? Or if it's normal?
I think I am shedding, not sure how much - when i run my hand through my hair then a few come out, i do feel actually it's less this week then last
I noticed in my front of my hair some "gaps" appearing. Not sure if that is part of shedding or shock loss? That wasn't there before, you can see it in the pics

Otherwise I'm currently using 1mg Finastride daily
Nothing else (Though I am waiting for dutestride to come in the post and mesotherapy from FUECLINIC.COM so am keen to try those)

Does this all look normal?
Do you think in around 1 month there will be better progress or it will be moreless the same? Asking due to some events or realistically I'll have to wait until January to have this filled in better?

Screenshot 2021-10-12 at 14.20.07.png

Screenshot 2021-10-12 at 14.20.31.png

Screenshot 2021-10-12 at 14.20.23.png

Screenshot 2021-10-12 at 14.20.17.png

Screenshot 2021-10-12 at 14.20.12.png

You actually have much less shedding than most do at this point. You will look moreless the same in one month. Some of the redness may disappear and the native hair will grow as normal but none of the transplanted hair will have started yet. You'll be right in the heart of the ugly duckling stage. 

• Like 1

Oh dear lol, then I'm not sure I want to go to the party I'm supposed to if that is the heart of it. I was thinking this month, October would be the heart of it then towards the end of Oct it will start to settle down. 

So is it realistic to say around January is the time I'll be in a position where personally feel more confident and not worried too much about my hair?

As a reminder my FUE was on Sept 3

(I know everyone is different, in my case it bothers me alot that's why I did it in the first place wheras alot of people where like it's not as bad as you think to me when I told them I'm going to do FUE)

Yea I would say in January things will start to look better but remember it will look thin and some of the hair may be kinky when they first start sprouting. The texture may change up to 12-18 months as well. 

• Like 1

Hey guys this is an update of just over 6 weeks now post FUE
Only thing I've been using is 1mg of Finastride tablet, starting from today I'm going to start using topical dutestride once every other day, based on the same method of @captaincalico

I'm washing my hair once every other day - Nizoral and then the other time a shampoo I got from SONS. CO.UK https://sons.co.uk/products/shampoo

From what I see I think I am shedding a bit, not too much yet.
I develop sometimes dry skin with what looks like the shafts in them when they fall off, not everyday but yesterday for example it did more than the last 2 weeks.
There is still some redness on my hairline area, not sure why that isn't going.
I'm training in the gym 6x a day and I wear a baseball cap, I keep it loose so i don't think it's the cap, I guess it's still healing overall the scalp.

Does this all look normal for post 6 weeks in?
I'm planning to see and wait until end of this month then may decide for my first trim since getting my FUE, seeing what my barber can do to bring this into some kind of balance

Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 09.50.18.png

Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 09.50.25.png

IMG_3778.JPG

IMG_3789.JPG

Looks great for 6 weeks mate, with the native hair you have at that length you could probably pull off a cover up and no one would know.

The dryness might be from using nizoral too much, I’d suggest using it no more than twice a week, maybe even just once a week. The same thing happened to me and I experimented with different shampoos, I switched the alpecin hybrid which moisturises and then nizoral once a week and the dryness all cleared up.

You still might shed some more, even post 6 weeks. I’d say about 80% of mine shed bang on 3 weeks and then started growing at around 2/3 months.

Design looks great and this time next year you’re going to look and feel amazing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yoo said:

Looks great for 6 weeks mate, with the native hair you have at that length you could probably pull off a cover up and no one would know.

The dryness might be from using nizoral too much, I’d suggest using it no more than twice a week, maybe even just once a week. The same thing happened to me and I experimented with different shampoos, I switched the alpecin hybrid which moisturises and then nizoral once a week and the dryness all cleared up.

You still might shed some more, even post 6 weeks. I’d say about 80% of mine shed bang on 3 weeks and then started growing at around 2/3 months.

Design looks great and this time next year you’re going to look and feel amazing.

I actually only started using Nizoral in the last week, so I used it twice so far. Once every other day but ok I will use it just once a week.

I still don't feel comfortable like this to go out without a cap, I'm hoping by Dec 1st it's at a better position as I have a few things I want to attend, even once in Nov 12th but I don't think I'll be ready by then. Will see at end of this month how it looks and I think def get some kind of haircut or trim to try and work with what I have and what it will look like then. I want to meet girls asap lol

Yes it seems everyone has different reactions to shedding process but I've been told from here and from clinic to expect the shedding phase now and for even another month then from month 4 seems to be the most common period where everyone starts to find it relaxes, which for me would be December (I really hope by then I can find a good way to style or cover or might even use hair fibres as on Dec 1st there is a party I would really want to attend)