HLC Clinic 2000 Fine Hair 28yo

NW8

Been on finasteride for about 2 years now. I have a hair transplant with HLC next week. They quoted me 1500-2000 grafts, Hasson and Wong quoted me 2000 grafts, 2500 if i wanted to go aggressive. I hope everything goes well. My hair has gotten a lot better on finasteride the past 2 years, but I think a successful hair transplant can make me look better. I'll be posting update pictures. Here is also a video of my hair under my bathroom lights which are 5 light bulbs https://i.imgur.com/yZyJoco.mp4

815741445_Screenshot_20210709-1844442.thumb.png.42d772af5313cfd5f9be09e5e9ff25f1.png

332267925_Screenshot_20210830-0153352.thumb.png.977974e1581374649ec92c98cfb6a0fc.png

Screenshot_20210830-015202.thumb.png.cafed18dc6d6ec1b96576e13b550cde6.png

2115954142_Screenshot_20210830-0155102.thumb.png.66f2082e00cdc7950050e95e9fb56254.png

629405063_Screenshot_20210709-1857333.thumb.png.e3625d857310060b24c95f567d17ea0c.png

1225236908_Screenshot_20210709-1859012.thumb.png.0759c0afdeae63902ec9656a0f2b8ed1.png

Screenshot_20210830-015502.thumb.png.bf1f44cef661f4967fef4ceddcbba218.png

1500 grafts would definitely be enough to tweak/reinforce your hairline. Already on meds you are in a perfect position going forward ! Can’t wait to seeing your result posted 👌 thanks 🙏 

Edited by JohnAC71

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

@NW8I have to be honest. I don't think you even need a hair transplant. Not at this stage. I don't know how old you are but I truly think that two years of finasteride has been a success! I would continue with it. All the best.

I have to agree, your hair still looks great. Plenty time in the future for HT, try meds for now

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Newyear newhair said:

I have to agree, your hair still looks great. Plenty time in the future for HT, try meds for now

I'm usually in agreement with other posters on this board, but for once I disagree. Op is 28 - you have a pretty good sense of where your hairline is headed at that age, especially if you've stabilized on finasteride for 2 years. If OP is unhappy with the current situation and believes they have "maxed out" per say on non-surgical options, then a conservative hairline restoration from a reputable surgeon is absolutely a feasible choice. It's reasonable to want to spend your late 20s and 30s with a full head of hair.

The recession in the hairline is clear in what is otherwise an immaculate head of hair. Get some more opinions OP.

Edited by rob7331
  • Like 1

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal

11 minutes ago, rob7331 said:

I'm usually in agreement with other posters on this board, but for once I disagree. Op is 28 - you have a pretty good sense of where your hairline is headed at that age, especially if you've stabilized on finasteride for 2 years. If OP is unhappy with the current situation and believes they have "maxed out" per say on non-surgical options, then a conservative hairline restoration from a reputable surgeon is absolutely a feasible choice. It's reasonable to want to spend your late 20s and 30s with a full head of hair.

The recession in the hairline is clear in what is otherwise an immaculate head of hair. Get some more opinions OP.

As mentioned above, I do actually agree with the OP getting a Ht

13 hours ago, Egy said:

You start from an good situation, you will surely have an excellent final result, you are entrusting yourself to one of the best clinics in Turkey.  Good luck

I really hope so!

13 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

1500 grafts would definitely be enough to tweak/reinforce your hairline. Already on meds you are in a perfect position going forward ! Can’t wait to seeing your result posted 👌 thanks 🙏 

Yes I don't think I need many grafts either, I will definitely post updates.

10 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@NW8I have to be honest. I don't think you even need a hair transplant. Not at this stage. I don't know how old you are but I truly think that two years of finasteride has been a success! I would continue with it. All the best.

I'm 28 1/2 years old, I am very grateful that finasteride works for me, as it doesn't work on some others. I've experienced some hairline regrowth, much more hair quality gains and density. I like how my hair looks now compared to before but I don't think my hairline is aesthetic with how it balds down the middle, slightly uneven, combined with my forehead not being the best for rounded hairline look. 

9 hours ago, Legend007 said:

I wouldn’t trade the natural hairline u have now for a manufactured one . 

If my hairline was a normal V pattern I wouldn't even consider hair transplant but it balds down the middle. I do hope my results aren't noticeable unless someone is really looking.

8 hours ago, Newyear newhair said:

I've been on finasteride for 2 years now, I don't use minoxidil because of the chance it effects my skin quality. I have a derminator 2 but don't really use it as it hurts a lot. 

8 hours ago, rob7331 said:

1mg finasteride seems to stop my balding. I tried switching to .5mg finasteride and 2 months later the difference was noticeable in loss of hair day to day. 

6 hours ago, MachoVato said:

Congrats and best of luck!

Keep us up to date with your progress!

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

Just to give perspective. Looking at your pics you might start by only fixing the center of your W-Hairline with 400ish FU: Low risk, big reward.

Little things can go a long way with this hairline type, I know it personally 😁

I saw your thread you have an amazing donor area, and your conservative approach is ideal. Your balding down the middle and the results you had make me a little bit more comfortable, I'm glad everything worked out well for you. My hairline is balding down the middle but also rounded on the sides, so to fix my balding down the middle it will probably be necessary to have grafts in approximately 50 percent of my hairline (my guess) and these will be front visible hairs. So with such necessary, I guess I may as well fix the entire hairline is my thoughts. With 1.5-2k grafts they want to add hair in the temples as well. My temple corners are lower than the middle of my hairline. 

image.png.0dbebaff5c315d95d1e064478c43352b.png

*I think* I have an ok donor though it was never checked, I shaved my head bald 1 year ago and the difference in density between the top of my head and the sides was, concerning to say the least. I will see what HLC says about my donor area, if I have a couple thousand spare grafts after this surgery that should hopefully allow me to fix it if something goes wrong, I pray everything turns out great tho. 

Edited by NW8

@NW8All the best, you definitely seem to know what’s needed and done your research. But your hair does look great and you suit it, strengthening up your hairline will only improve it obviously and luckily for you won’t take many grafts.

18 hours ago, NW8 said:

1. My hairline is balding down the middle but also rounded on the sides, so to fix my balding down the middle it will probably be necessary to have grafts in approximately 50 percent of my hairline (my guess) and these will be front visible hairs. 

2. ... I pray everything turns out great tho. 

1. Yes, your hairline shape (besides the similarity) in the middle is totally different than mine, and with its round shape a little uncommon for an Caucasian male. It would be good to see some pictures from the side and also some when you where younger. It appears to me as this (round) shape is just your normal hairline, and it also suits you well IMO. Maybe a "conventional" hairline doesn't suit you...I would try to get a F2F with a drawn hairline prior to the transplant and have some nice pics from all angles. Good to think a little bit about the hairline you will have for the rest of you life. 

2. You do and did your homework and therefore maximized your chances 🙂 

2 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

1. Yes, your hairline shape (besides the similarity) in the middle is totally different than mine, and with its round shape a little uncommon for an Caucasian male. It would be good to see some pictures from the side and also some when you where younger. It appears to me as this (round) shape is just your normal hairline, and it also suits you well IMO. Maybe a "conventional" hairline doesn't suit you...I would try to get a F2F with a drawn hairline prior to the transplant and have some nice pics from all angles. Good to think a little bit about the hairline you will have for the rest of you life. 

2. You do and did your homework and therefore maximized your chances 🙂 

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

I don't know what an F2F is? 

Yeah hairline design is very complex imo. I've done morphs of myself with all different kinds of hairlines and I do think a straighter hairline suits me better but it would require of course more grafts as my corners are low. I don't think its possible to get a hairline as good quality as this morph and also its most likely too aggressive, and would be risky going that deep? But here is one example. 

ezgif-2-6100f73fadbd.thumb.gif.093bdd5e09dd152e64813ff9d7bfdde2.gif

My hairline has basically always been uneven as far as I can remember and did recede slightly during high school. 

At 14 years old, I wouldve had a pretty straight hairline if the left side was the same as the right side.

2021-08-31_13-42.png.f119d816744e6902f8dd7c617051ee1b.png

At 18 years old

2021-08-31_13-43.png.e2bd2e56c0c7b2c79baa2d11d5746b48.png

These two here, first one was a year before finasteride the next one was a couple months ago almost 2 years after finasteride. It's short hair but I think some regrowth is visible from the moles on my head. 

2021-08-31_13-40_1.png.f42da8cefc0bb29b0225ffd61d308bbe.png2021-08-31_13-40.thumb.png.8cc6b1c6b8c82e56653fe3a69119ca4d.png

Bisanga has this hairline design video that I haven't analyzed my hairline using. I was actually just thinking that HLC's hairline design would be good enough? Not sure. 

What are your thoughts? 

9 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

F2F = Face to Face.. 

Ahh ok. I've drawn a hairline with a pen before but its not that great, what do they use to draw the hairlines on?

The thing I am most concerned of is the bald spot in the middle. Seems like it didn't improve as much on finasteride as some other areas but looks like it did improve somewhat. My concern is the ability of transplanted hair to grow in this region. 

2021-08-31_14-28.png.455d980203d0d837e7adcc9f160d27b1.png593895776_Screenshot_20210831-1426222.thumb.png.f9c5b38b0b228398d360a9e9bc2d1f21.png

Edited by NW8

Remember that for every 1cm you lower your hairline, it's about 1000 grafts with dense packing. Then there's the transition zone, where the doctor will implant into your existing, thinning hair. 

It all depends on where you draw your line. I think HLC has a brilliant hairline drawing process, it can take 30-40 minutes to go through this phase of the process. 

Edited by MachoVato

15 hours ago, MachoVato said:

Remember that for every 1cm you lower your hairline, it's about 1000 grafts with dense packing.

Who gave you this number? That would be with the absolute most dense packing possible which I would imagine isn't really necessary (or worth doing) in most cases. In this guys case however, I could understand it given how his hair is very strong other than the area of loss and it doesn't look like he'll need any other surgeries anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, ML488 said:

Who gave you this number? That would be with the absolute most dense packing possible which I would imagine isn't really necessary (or worth doing) in most cases. In this guys case however, I could understand it given how his hair is very strong other than the area of loss and it doesn't look like he'll need any other surgeries anytime soon.

It's an estimate. 50 grafts per cm2 is dense. That means, if your hairline is 8 inches across, temple to temple, that's 1000 grafts.

Thanks. Would you say 8 inches across is average? You just inspired me to measure my hairline temple to temple and it's approximately 6 inches. I always felt like I had a smaller width going on which is one of the positives for me possibly going into a transplant, especially since i'm looking to be conservative with grafts.

4 minutes ago, ML488 said:

Thanks. Would you say 8 inches across is average? You just inspired me to measure my hairline temple to temple and it's approximately 6 inches. I always felt like I had a smaller width going on which is one of the positives for me possibly going into a transplant, especially since i'm looking to be conservative with grafts.

6 inches would be about 760 grafts. Add a few more if you close your temples, too. My hairline is 7 inches. But it just goes to show how the number of grafts can change a lot based on where you draw the line.