Eugenix, NW3 5200 + grafts / MazAB's 2nd procedure on 10/8/2022 by Dr Pradeep Sethi

MazAB

20 hours ago, Berba11 said:

A month already! 😮 

Youre going to fly through this no issues and it looks sharp even at this early stage. I can really incision how this will look. In just a couple more months this will already be shaping up really nicely given the quality of the previous work’s foundation. 

Im just talking to Dr P & my coordinator, Rishab, about round number 2 for me so this update has me excited!

@Berba11 I'm so looking forward to your round 2! We were both similar in that we were in a very strong position to get all our hair back, but went a little too conservative on the 1st go. I feel strongly that adding a little more to your hairline and corner temples, along with maxing out density everywhere else will make you complete in every way. 

What would you change design wise on the 2nd go?

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, MazAB said:

@Berba11 I'm so looking forward to your round 2! We were both similar in that we were in a very strong position to get all our hair back, but went a little too conservative on the 1st go. I feel strongly that adding a little more to your hairline and corner temples, along with maxing out density everywhere else will make you complete in every way. 

What would you change design wise on the 2nd go?

I’m actually looking to get close to what you had on the amendments made a couple days after your first surgery - some temple corners closed in a bit, a little extra to the temple points to strengthen/refine them and then just a very, very small number grafts strategically placed into the weaker areas of density either side of my old forelock where the first pass didn’t quite nail down the odd patch. Hoping we can achieve that in around 600-700 grafts or so - as small a surgery as I can get away with is the goal! What you’ve been able to achieve is remarkable, but I’m mindful that I’m 33 and that your own hairloss will be much more stable than mine by virtue of age alone - never mind that you’ve been throwing the kitchen sink at it supplement-wise! I’m a huge fan of your design after those amendments were made (your new one is great too, obviously!) first time around and I actually reviewed your photos again today. I’ll be referencing your case for sure! 😀

The actual hairline itself I intend to leave alone. I’ll see what Dr P says about some of the sticky up grafts on the left & if we can correct them, but as far as density in those areas go, I’m happy with things there. I’m also keen to not dense pack the hairline for both conservatism’s sake, but also because one day I may need the resources & I wouldn’t be averse to taking the hairline back up given how minimal the scarring is in the right hands. Dense packing would make that harder to do, so I want to future proof as much as possible and leave that as it is at this stage. To be honest I wish I’d gone 1cm higher and then closed the corners, but I’m not sure Dr P will allow me to go back up 😅. My Dad is a NW7 so that plays on my mind a little. I’m lucky to have quite a small head & a decent beard though!

Youre going to blow this place up in 5 months with one of the most radical HT transformations anyone could ever see! Really pumped to see it come to life!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 3:31 PM, MazAB said:

One month update: 

Hi everyone. With the majority of the shedding behind me, I’m officially in the ugly phase heading into month 2. The biggest change this time around is the addition of oral minoxidil. 

As a reminder, I'm taking Dutasteride once a week, Finasteride 6 days a week, and just started 2.5mg of Oral Minoxidil daily. I will soon switch to 1.25mg of oral minoxidil during the day and 5% topical minoxidil at night once I feel my scalp is ready at the 5 or 6 week mark. 

Everything seems pretty normal this time around. Much cleaner scalp all around comparatively to my 1st procedure. Just some minor redness right at the hairline which is to be expected.

I've listed my current daily supplement stack for the hair. Only new additions are NAC and Pea Protein. 

Benefits of NAC for the hair: Helps remove free radicals and toxins that prevent healthy tissue growth. Helps also to regrow nerves attached to the bulb of the hair, as well as detoxifying the scalp overall. 

Benefits of Protein Powder for the hair: Very hard to get enough protein in your regular diet, so adding a little more protein in powder form is the best way to meet that requirement. Hair is made up of protein, and a deficiency may lead to premature shedding. Having high amounts of protein on a regular basis can extend the anagen growth phase of the hair. Also, post transplant, more protein does help assist quite a bit in wound healing.

Daily dosages:

Collagen - 12g 

Hyaluronic Acid - 200mg

D3 - 5000 IU

MSM - 1000mg

Beef Liver capsules - 1500mg

Omega 3 (Fish Oil) - 3750mg

Pea Protein - 33g

NAC - 1200mg

Niacin - 500mg

20221107_144836.jpg

20221107_144914.jpg

20221107_145435.jpg

20221107_145938.jpg

Armen- Looks great, brother. So excited to see you drop another 10 years in age to 25!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, sorry I'm a little late posting. It was officially 2 months last week. The pictures I've taken were from back on the 6th. I think the grafts are now starting to pop. I've definitely seen an improvement from even last week, but would prefer to post the shots that represent the correct timeline.

I, like @Zoomster, have had a good response from oral minoxidil. However, I was not as lucky as @Zoomster with the shedding part. Both native and transplanted areas were definitely affected. Even the sides and back of my head were affected. The good news is that I believe the worst of the shedding is behind me, and the oral minoxidil is making a noticeable difference with early growth. If I take macro shots of my scalp and zoom in, I can see newly forming grafts pop thru, so hopefully month 3 will have a decent visual improvement. I've realized that the high you get from seeing new growth never gets old, no matter how many procedures you've had!😁

20221210_114625.jpg

20221210_114927.jpg

20221210_115145.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MazAB said:

Hi guys, sorry I'm a little late posting. It was officially 2 months last week. The pictures I've taken were from back on the 6th. I think the grafts are now starting to pop. I've definitely seen an improvement from even last week, but would prefer to post the shots that represent the correct timeline.

I, like @Zoomster, have had a good response from oral minoxidil. However, I was not as lucky as @Zoomster with the shedding part. Both native and transplanted areas were definitely affected. Even the sides and back of my head were affected. The good news is that I believe the worst of the shedding is behind me, and the oral minoxidil is making a noticeable difference with early growth. If I take macro shots of my scalp and zoom in, I can see newly forming grafts pop thru, so hopefully month 3 will have a decent visual improvement. I've realized that the high you get from seeing new growth never gets old, no matter how many procedures you've had!😁

20221210_114625.jpg

20221210_114927.jpg

20221210_115145.jpg

looking good champ 👏🏻 does oral minoxidil make everybody shed when taking it initially then? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big Rome said:

looking good champ 👏🏻 does oral minoxidil make everybody shed when taking it initially then? 

Great question. I believe there are varying degrees of shedding based on the make up of the person. My shedding was moderate, but some have high degrees of telogen effluvium. But the shock loss response is not as important as how you rebound and how much of a positive effect is has overall for you. I do believe it is something I will stick with even after all the growth has settled in. Anything that helps to improve and lengthen the anagen phase of the hair I'm definitely signing up for and making part of the my hair loss arsenal long term.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MazAB said:

Great question. I believe there are varying degrees of shedding based on the make up of the person. My shedding was moderate, but some have high degrees of telogen effluvium. But the shock loss response is not as important as how you rebound and how much of a positive effect is has overall for you. I do believe it is something I will stick with even after all the growth has settled in. Anything that helps to improve and lengthen the anagen phase of the hair I'm definitely signing up for and making part of the my hair loss arsenal long term.

thanks man, appreciate your help… happy growing! can’t wait to see how this looks at month 6/7 🤩🤩

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MazAB said:

20221210_114625.jpg

20221210_114927.jpg

20221210_115145.jpg

Even at this stage entering the so called ugly duckling phase, the previous HT has just got such a solid foundation it doesn't make the shedding look egregious at alp and just a bit of natural looking thinning at best based on these shots. 

Plus, i think the early Oral Minoxodil shedding combined with the ugly duckling phase should mean everything rebounds in sync and really has a great look as you ramp up over the next months. 

Good luck Armen and i can definitely say the final journey seems on track for you to well and truly get the result you're happy with for life. 

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, MazAB said:

20221210_114625.jpg

20221210_114927.jpg

20221210_115145.jpg

Just when I thought you had found the fountain of middle age you come back after a second procedure with the fountain of youth! 🤘If you find yourself popping pimples it won’t be from the transplant Armen. This one has halved your age and I can already see how the new framing of your face is working in your favour even more this time. By early new year things will really take off. Extremely happy for you brother. 👌

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MazAB said:

20221210_114625.jpg

20221210_114927.jpg

20221210_115145.jpg

Is this the "Before"? You already look like the "After" pictures.. 😁

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MazAB said:

20221210_114625.jpg

20221210_114927.jpg

20221210_115145.jpg

Thanks for sharing @MazAB, looks like you are going to beat the ugly-duckling phase with your rigorous regimen and healthy living. Any shots of the donor you can share? Cheers!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

As expected, after 2 HT you gain good looking results faster. Few more months and it will look dope:D

I've come a long way @GeneralNorwood😂!!! My wife still loves busting my balls on my celebrity version of before and after!🤣

rihanna.jpg.4ca4962d7bdf9ee34ff40ebd6cba288f.jpg

Edited by MazAB
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, ZeeMan said:

Thanks for sharing @MazAB, looks like you are going to beat the ugly-duckling phase with your rigorous regimen and healthy living. Any shots of the donor you can share? Cheers!

@ZeeMan thank you man! I'll definitely post donor shots. Just wanted to wait until my next hair cut when I buzz down the sides to get the best representation of the extraction work. Right now with it grown out more it looks perfect, but usually does for anyone that doesn't trim down to a fade on the back and sides.

1 hour ago, MazAB said:

@ZeeMan thank you man! I'll definitely post donor shots. Just wanted to wait until my next hair cut when I buzz down the sides to get the best representation of the extraction work. Right now with it grown out more it looks perfect, but usually does for anyone that doesn't trim down to a fade on the back and sides.

You already talking about trimming down, what are you feeding those grafts? :D

Looking forward to the update.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ZeeMan said:

@MazAB Do you know what % of your transplanted hair/grafts you shed? I understand this varies by individual, but given your regimen, just curious? 10% 20%?

@ZeeManI definitely shed most of the hairs, probably around 80% of the transplanted hairs shed. I'm not convinced that shedding has too much to do with diet / exercise regimen though. Whether you've had a hair transplant or you've had a response to a stimulation therapy like minoxidil, shedding / shock loss is inevitable. Everyone freaks out about it, but the important thing to keep in mind is that when your hairs finish growing at the end of the anagen phase, they'll sit there until something tugs them out. When you put minoxidil in your system it'll push those hairs at the end of the growth phase out as a result of the new hairs that are growing in. Essentially it shows it's actually working and accelerating new growth, but again people freak out about it and many times quit the meds, ie, minoxidil and/or finasteride, because of the early shed process. Of course, the same rules apply for hair transplants. Once you shed, it will allow the newly developed and formed hair to grow and stay in the growth phase for a much longer period of time, which is exactly what you want. So I say, bring on the shed!

With the exception of some shedding with minoxidil, I don't believe I experienced much shock loss to the native hair, or previously transplanted hair from the procedure itself. That of course, is way more of a testament to @Eugenix Hair Sciences exceptional techniques and minimal trauma, than it would ever be my diet, or physical makeup for that matter. 

• Well Done 1

• Administrators

@MazAB

You look fantastic, you and Karl skipped the ugly duckling stage, incredible.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looking amazing bro. If you have the same success as the first one (you will!) it will probably be one of the best nw 3/4 transformations I've seen and as others have mentioned it's made you look so much younger. I look forward to your updates! And I also appreciate the time you gave me when I had questions on WhatsApp. 

• Thanks 1

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

On 12/12/2022 at 10:57 AM, MazAB said:

20221210_114625.jpg

20221210_114927.jpg

20221210_115145.jpg

Brother @MazAB- You are funny as these look like 12 month results to me...I can't wait to see how you continue to progress. Missing our time in India- seems like a LIFETIME ago!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Month 3 

Happy New Year guys!

Growth is slowly starting to kick in. Numbness, itchiness, and redness are nearly gone at this stage. The 1st time around it was right at the 3.5 month mark that growth really started to kick in and it feels like I'm on the same schedule for this one as I'm now seeing small hairs sprouting out daily. Temporal regions are visually more dense already which I'm very happy about. Although it's hard to see the growth behind the new hairine, the recipient area from the 1st transplant is definitely starting to look and feel a tad bit fuller.😁

Front.jpg

Left1.jpg

Right1.jpg

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 5
  • Wow 1
  • Well Done 1