Eugenix, NW3 5200 + grafts / MazAB's 2nd procedure on 10/8/2022 by Dr Pradeep Sethi

MazAB

@MazAB

Thank you for the update; you are looking amazing. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that you had a positive experience with us. It means a lot to us to know that we have been able to help you, and we are thrilled to hear that our efforts have been successful in your case. We wish you all the best in your journey towards good health and happiness.

Warmest Regards 
Eugenix Hair Sciences 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Big Rome said:

Wow!! This transformation is incredible & the results are so natural!! Really happy for you 👏🏻👏🏻 

Why are you considering stopping the oral Min if you don’t mind me asking my friend? Will you not lose those gains? Either way this is incredible and you don’t look anywhere near 50s 🤣🤣👏🏻👏🏻 

Thanks @Big Rome! Really appreciate all the support and encouragement! 

Heart palpitations is the biggest reason why. Never had those with Topical but definitely have with Oral. After reducing it to 0.6mg per day, it has been reduced quite a bit, but after watching Kevin Mann's HairCafe video on the topic recently, and how it could have negative effects on the heart long term with some individuals using the drug, I've decided to get off entirely once I can begin microneedling again. 

I'm well aware that microneedling doesn't replace the profound effects you get with OM, but it will help to improve the absorption of topical much greater. I'm hoping because I'm on such a low dosage, that once I start microneedling, the greater effects of TM will offset the absence of taking it orally. It was not an easy decision to make for sure.

Edited by MazAB
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, MazAB said:

Thanks @Big Rome! Really appreciate all the support and encouragement! 

Heart palpitations is the biggest reason why. Never had those with Topical but definitely have with Oral. After reducing it to 0.6mg per day, it has been reduced quite a bit, but after watching Kevin Mann's HairCafe video on the topic recently, and how it could have negative effects on the heart long term with some individuals using the drug, I've decided to get off entirely once I can begin microneedling again. 

I'm well aware that microneedling doesn't replace the profound effects you get with OM, but it will help to improve the absorption of topical much greater. I'm hoping because I'm on such a low dosage, that once I start microneedling, the greater effects of TM will offset the absence of taking it orally. It was not an easy decision to make for sure.

Fair play brother, can’t argue with that at all 👏🏻👏🏻 sorry, I didn’t see the bit about using topical so at least you’re not giving it up completely. Happy for you man 💙

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MazAB said:

I have personally struggled a bit with hard to tame transplanted hair as many do, but these products allow me to bend and shape the style I want without any effort. Absolutely love them, and find it helps with added density as well.

Would you mind elaborating on this a bit more? Do you get a bit of the "Birds nest" effect when not styled? I'm about 8 months post-op and also am dealing with some hard to tame hairs in my crown especially when fresh off a shampoo. I know this is very normal for 8 months but I'm curious to hear your experience as far as whether it was all of the transplanted hairs that are hard to tame or only certain areas, and whether it went away with time after your 1st transplant. 

Edited by GoliGoliGoli
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Would you mind elaborating on this a bit more? Do you get a bit of the "Birds nest" effect when not styled? I'm about 8 months post-op and also am dealing with some hard to tame hairs in my crown especially when fresh off a shampoo. I know this is very normal for 8 months but I'm curious to hear your experience as far as whether it was all of the transplanted hairs that are hard to tame or only certain areas, and whether it went away with time after your 1st transplant. 

It is definitely normal at 8 months, however even at a year when it all settles down and you have less of the kinky growth factor, you are still dealing with hairs transplanted far apart that can't support each other as well as closely packed native hairs. Because transplanted hairs are always far apart compared to native hairs, you don't have the benefit of the hairs supporting each other and keeping each other in line, especially with longer growth. I've noticed when using any oil based product, or even like the products I suggested it helps a ton with taming. 

The biggest game changer for me though was the 2nd transplant. Having greater density now, the hairs support each other much better and cooperate. No better fix than more density in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, MazAB said:

It is definitely normal at 8 months, however even at a year when it all settles down and you have less of the kinky growth factor, you are still dealing with hairs transplanted far apart that can't support each other as well as closely packed native hairs. Because transplanted hairs are always far apart compared to native hairs, you don't have the benefit of the hairs supporting each other and keeping each other in line, especially with longer growth. I've noticed when using any oil based product, or even like the products I suggested it helps a ton with taming. 

The biggest game changer for me though was the 2nd transplant. Having greater density now, the hairs support each other much better and cooperate. No better fix than more density in my opinion. 

Interesting thanks for clarifying. I've been using the slick gorilla seal salt spray but have recently moved to an aerosol based high hold hair spray to "lock" the style in better. Just yesterday I purchased the slick gorilla powder and am excited to give that a try. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MazAB said:

I think that microneedling + TM  is kind of similar in effect like oral minoxidil. I am speaking from my perspective (im taking oral minoxidil 5mg currently) and i am basing this opinon on studies too. 

However the best effect i had when i shaved my head bald and started topical minoxidil + microneedling(it was even superior then oral minoxidil). WIth longer hair the effect started to weaken. There is one study that backups it : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746236/

Shaving scalp before microneedling + topical minoidil therapy can lead to 50% improvement in hair count. And i really got this improvement, i posted comparision somewhere in my topic. The sad thing is that after 6 months your hair are getting longer, so i think absorption of minoxidil is worse and there is loss in density. 

There is another study where they didn't shave scalps of patients and effects were not so great

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6371730/

It's interesting that they refer to this "shaving scalp" study from 2013

not cosmetically significant when compared to the results of the study by Dhurat et al.[3] Most plausible reasons for this finding may be due to the difference in the procedures adopted for evaluating the increase in hair count and also by not making scalp shaving compulsory for our study subjects

Bottom line is that propably absorption of minoxidil by hair is altering the final effect. 

So guys, remember to split the hair before applying topical minoxidil 😄

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Like 2

On 7/19/2023 at 12:51 AM, MazAB said:

Month 9 

I just turned 51 this month and it's so hard to believe that I started this journey exactly 1 year and 11 months ago. I was a Norwood 3 almost my entire life and yet I can't remember what my old receded hairline looks like anymore.😁 

No better feeling than when you don't have to think about hair anymore, outside of what style should I try this month, LOL!

The only area I hope to have just a little more improvement with is my left temple. It still looks good, but not as good as the right temple. Hopefully with just a few more months of maturity, the density will match better from the edge of the temple, blending to the back of the temple. More of a nit-pick than a complaint, and honestly if it never improved further I'd still be very happy with it. 

My diet, supplements and exercise regimen has stayed constant. I'm still taking Dutasteride twice weekly. Finasteride 5 times weekly. Topical Minoxidil 5% daily. Oral Minoxidil 0.6mg daily. LLLT - 5x weekly. 

Once I hit the 1 year mark, I'll cut out Oral Minoxidil altogether and add microneedling weekly with only Topical Minoxidil moving forward.

I'm so happy with this close to final outcome. Thank you @Eugenix Hair Sciences for the incredible work you do day in and day out. The many lives you've had a positive impact on are immeasurable. I always knew I'd eventually get my hair back, but I never imagined or dreamed that it could look this good after doing it. I'm forever grateful for this incredible gift you have given me and many others. 

20230713_195924.jpg

20230713_200011.jpg

20230713_200032.jpg

20230713_200058.jpg

Wow 😮 on a different level completely

may I know a bit more regarding your experience with the oral minoxidil and heart palpitations ? Any changes in the ECG ?
I’ve been taking 2.5mg from the last one month. Felt bit dizzy for the first twelve days and gradually adjusted with the body.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Shadman said:

Wow 😮 on a different level completely

may I know a bit more regarding your experience with the oral minoxidil and heart palpitations ? Any changes in the ECG ?
I’ve been taking 2.5mg from the last one month. Felt bit dizzy for the first twelve days and gradually adjusted with the body.

Thanks @Shadman! My BPM went from 65 to 80 when I started taking 2.5mg. I've since cut it down to 0.625mg daily and that seems to have gotten me around the high sixty to low seventy mark. What I may have to experiment with is how I react to topical once I start microneedling. Since more of the drug will go systemic in the body thru better absorption, would that potentially cause the same issue? Also, I want to do more research around how resting heart rate is affected long term with the drug, and if it could have negative effects on your cardiovascular system over the course of your life. 

The biggest problem is that not much has been tested from that perspective. Until it is FDA approved for hairloss, I'm hesitant to continue on it long term. 

I would also say, after listening to Kevin Mann's clip on Oral Minoxidil, it got me thinking more about the overall safety of the drug for long term use. I've attached the link here if anyone is interested, and would love to have anyone's opinion on this topic, as I do consider this to be a very big decision on how I move forward with my home hair care.

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MazAB said:

Thanks @Shadman! My BPM went from 65 to 80 when I started taking 2.5mg. I've since cut it down to 0.625mg daily and that seems to have gotten me around the high sixty to low seventy mark. What I may have to experiment with is how I react to topical once I start microneedling. Since more of the drug will go systemic in the body thru better absorption, would that potentially cause the same issue? Also, I want to do more research around how resting heart rate is affected long term with the drug, and if it could have negative effects on your cardiovascular system over the course of your life. 

The biggest problem is that not much has been tested from that perspective. Until it is FDA approved for hairloss, I'm hesitant to continue on it long term. 

I would also say, after listening to Kevin Mann's clip on Oral Minoxidil, it also got me thinking more about the overall safety of the drug for long term use. I've attached the link here if anyone is interested, and would love to have anyone's opinion on this topic, as I do consider this to be a very big decision on how I move forward with my home hair care.

There's been a lot of discussion recently about this video in the thread below. I'm a topical Min user, and frankly despite what Kevin says about the safety of topical I'm even concerned with how much goes systemic just from topical application with no microneedling.  Especially because I usually just use enough to cover the entire "area of concern" instead of only using to like the half a cap full that I believe is recommended on the bottle. I guess the question is how much topical is equivalent to say 0.5 mg of oral in terms of systemic absorption? 

BTW, thanks for the recommendation on the Slick Gorilla styling powder. Worked great to reduce the frizzines both in my transplanted hair and native hair and makes it easier to style. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MazAB said:

I would also say, after listening to Kevin Mann's clip on Oral Minoxidil, it got me thinking more about the overall safety of the drug for long term use. I've attached the link here if anyone is interested, and would love to have anyone's opinion on this topic, as I do consider this to be a very big decision on how I move forward with my home hair care.

I'm also not considering oral minoxidil for a long period of time. My initial plan is to take it for the first four months after hair transplant. So far, first month experience was good. Once the crucial stage first few months are over, I might completely switch on the tropical one. But my own opinion is for oral minoxidil, there is no such dose  as safe dose. For some people even low dose of 1 mg can be higher on the other hand, some people can even tolerate 5mg dose without any issues. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2023 at 8:51 PM, MazAB said:

20230713_195924.jpg

im seeing this photo for the first time. Hair restoration + Gym = New man is born :)

BTW, Your neck looks good (thick). Can you tell circumference? 

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

im seeing this photo for the first time. Hair restoration + Gym = New man is born :)

BTW, Your neck looks good (thick). Can you tell circumference? 

Thanks @GeneralNorwood! 😊 I believe I'm right around the 17 inch mark for neck circumference. I've been hitting the gym hard. 6x per week with HIIT and resistance training. Really feeling a lot stronger, but most importantly, the vast majority of my aches and pains are  gone. And now that I have my hair back, I feel better now, than I did in my 20's. It's so easy to injure youself at my age, so I'm being very careful with heavier weights, and concentrating on slow reps, as well as incorporating bands. So far it has been an awesome change that my body has responded very well to.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hey @Berba11!!! Thanks for pinging me bud! I just started a new job and have been knee deep in work, which has unfortunately kept me from posting much in the forum. I also wanted to wait a couple of months as the gains tend to be slower in the later months. 

Can't believe it's 1 year already! Its been a wild ride! I'm so fortunate to have made the best of friends throughout this whole journey. The transplant was honestly the cherry on top, the real gift was the journey to get here and all of you in this amazing forum. I could have never done it without all your support.

I've seen so many oysters turn to pearls from the Eugenix team and I can't thank @Eugenix Hair Sciencesenough for changing my life in so many ways that goes well beyond ever just getting your hair back!

God Bless🙏

20231009_144044.jpg

20231009_144247.jpg

20231009_144537.jpg

20231009_144417.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
  • Well Done 2

• Valued Contributor

Is this new job you’ve started as a Hair Model by any chance? 😅

Insane. Genuinely the best frontal third restoration I’ve ever seen. The density over two passes + the design & temple points just couldn’t be any better. 

“Nailed it” is an understatement!!

• Like 1

@MazAB

Thank you for your feedback. We genuinely appreciate your kind words and are delighted to learn that you've had a positive experience with our services. Your satisfaction means a lot to us, and it reaffirms our commitment to providing the best possible care and treatment to our patients, and we're thrilled to hear that our efforts have had a positive impact in your case. We wish you all the best on your path to improved health and happiness.

Warmest Regards
Eugenix Hair Sciences 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MazAB said:

Hey @Berba11!!! Thanks for pinging me bud! I just started a new job and have been knee deep in work, which has unfortunately kept me from posting much in the forum. I also wanted to wait a couple of months as the gains tend to be slower in the later months. 

Can't believe it's 1 year already! Its been a wild ride! I'm so fortunate to have made the best of friends throughout this whole journey. The transplant was honestly the cherry on top, the real gift was the journey to get here and all of you in this amazing forum. I could have never done it without all your support.

I've seen so many oysters turn to pearls from the Eugenix team and I can't thank @Eugenix Hair Sciencesenough for changing my life in so many ways that goes well beyond ever just getting your hair back!

God Bless🙏

20231009_144044.jpg

20231009_144247.jpg

20231009_144537.jpg

20231009_144417.jpg

Looking great 😎😎

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MazAB said:

God Bless🙏

20231009_144044.jpg

20231009_144247.jpg

20231009_144537.jpg

20231009_144417.jpg

It's been a wild ride @MazABand glad I was (am) able to share it with you.

Oh and BTW...incredible hair!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hey guys! I wanted to wait and post again at the 1.5 year mark, as the improvements slow down considerably after 12 months. Although minimal, I have seen slight improvements with density and refinement over the past 5 months. I believe at this point, the final results are locked in, and feeling soooo good about it!

The importance of patience from when I started this journey over 2 and half years ago has absolutely paid off in every way. When I go back to page 1 of this thread, I'm still shocked with how the old version of me is unrecognizable. My family and friends are use to the new me, but every time an older picture pops up somewhere they can't believe the vast change from the old me. 

A major check box in my life has finally been checked and become my reality. Time to close the book on this chapter of my life. I am so grateful to this forum first and foremost, because without the strength of this community, I could have never gone thru with it. 

For all the casual lurkers on this forum, my advice to you is to do more than lurk. Research, ask questions, post pictures, and get involved with helping others more than yourself. If you approach your own jouney that way, you'll have the best chance at success and having the backing of this awesome community to help you thru every stage and phase of it.

Hats off to @Eugenix Hair Sciencesand this forum. I'm forever in debt to you! ❤️

20240401_142951.jpg

20240401_145614.jpg

20240401_143446.jpg

20240401_143421.jpg

20240401_143326.jpg

20240401_143128.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow 2
  • Well Done 1

• Valued Contributor

Armen you have been a beacon of hope for many out there (including myself whenever any doubts arose in my mind) from a long time back. Also your results could not have benefited a more giving and beautiful person than yourself. Hair transplant of the century material. I look back at your pre op pics and think that this just can't be you. James Bond's not receding? 💯👌🏆

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/7/2024 at 12:59 AM, Gatsby said:

Armen you have been a beacon of hope for many out there (including myself whenever any doubts arose in my mind) from a long time back. Also your results could not have benefited a more giving and beautiful person than yourself. Hair transplant of the century material. I look back at your pre op pics and think that this just can't be you. James Bond's not receding? 💯👌🏆

Thanks Adrian! Your kind words mean the world to me. Especially knowing your story, and how long the road to recovery and full transformation took for you. You have been a true friend thoughout my journey and the rock I know I could always lean on over the past few years. I thank you for all the support and can only hope someday to meet you in person❤️

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 1