Hair falling 5 years after successful FUE

10 hours ago, ahmed9500 said:

Yes he has a doctor in Turkey O believe working under him, very affordable. 

Doctor from Eugenix or Mwamba who works in Turkey?  😳 Did I understand correctly?

Eugenix is more affordable for me, difficult to get a f2f consultation though. Ideally I’m going to ask for beard grafts and chest grafts to fill the whole area from front to crown, mainly focusing on mid scalp. As you can see from my previous. Pics I have some hair in certain areas, but just thin.

Edited by ahmed9500

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, 

So after 3 consultations I have been told to use up 1500 donor grafts from scalp. Eugenix advised this too, but I have stated my donor is over harvested yet they all saying the same thing to use 1500 grafts and then around 1000 beard grafts. 
I am refusing to touch my donor, or max 500 grafts and use around 1500 beard grafts. I am going to attach a few more pics from my first transplant so you can see my journey. 
any comments/advice is much appreciated, thanks.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Today I met with a surgeon (will share details soon) via zoom and he has advised i go for 2500 grafts - 1500 beard grafts and 1000 scalp grafts. The plan is to place 500 in the front, 500 in the crown and the remaining 1500 in the mid scalp area. My hair is better than what it was prior to my first transplant. What do you think?

What about getting 500-800 scalp grafts and as many beard grafts as possible for your mid scalp and crown?

I would rather have a head full of hair than a face full of hair,

and then going for SMP  to hide the thinning,you could even get that done in the donor area,i have seen a few results of that and it works great for thin patchy areas

On 8/14/2021 at 1:10 AM, JC71 said:

Have you been consulting Eugenix ? They will usually only take beard grafts, not chest. If you was considering someone that can do both then how about Dr Mwamba? 

I also think Mwamba is somebody to consider in these cases with beard hair and limited donor

Edited by Mike10

• 1 month later...

DO you know why your grafts fell out?  I'd suggest understanding why first - if it is autoimmune e.g. LPP or another scarring alopecia - the same thing could happen again.  Do you have burning/tenderness/crawling sensations at all on the scalp?

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have been away from here for a while and need to get my research done and ready for a 2nd HT
Few questions I would really appreciate help with: 

1) Do i need temples filling? How many grafts generally does temple filling use up?

2) I am planning 1500-2000 beard grafts can I get that in one session? 

3) I am certain I want 500 in hairline (not lowering), 1500 in mid scalp and 500 in crown. This seem ok?

4) Eugenix or any other upcoming clinics? 

Thanks in advance 😎

• Administrators

If you look at the graft placement, you had almost no density in the midscalp. It appears that you have lost native hair, not transplanted hair. Are you on any medication to stop further hair loss?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hey bro I have lost ground too, much like yourself, at around the 5 year mark (grafted hair now thinning and much more "see through"). Truth be told once I had had the transplant I completely stopped using Frinistride and Minox as I didn't see the point. Now I am going back to the surgeon to have the thinning area (front of hairline) bulked up again. Im going to try conserve my donor area as much as possible so will only go for 500 grafts max (as who knows when ill need it again). Anyways, as I'm a returning client Ive negotiated a 15% discount. This time Ill definitely keep using the fin and mino for maintenance. 

Edited by Navthedon
  • Like 1