Hair falling 5 years after successful FUE

Hi Everybody,

I appreciate all your valued advice and feedback. My story has been nothing less than a rollercoaster, was a NW6 and did my transplant at a company in Istanbul (dont really feel I want to mention the name). See Pic 1 below which shows how after 1 year I was beaming with a head full of thick hair! Now 5 years later I am back to where I was! Really disappointed and dont know what I can do! I was sold the idea a transplant is for lifetime, but clearly that dream didnt last for me 😔

I am on Fin, regaine foam and Biotin. Pre op 2016

6CC52A07-61CF-476C-8885-39A03C96312C.jpeg

6A2AE327-1C76-481E-BD9C-1AD48EB0F819.jpeg

5B55128D-734D-4C8A-A802-79D24056BA03.jpeg

Sorry to see you have lost ground. Could it be more of your existing hair had fallen ? I can’t really tell too much by those pics alone. How many grafts did you have implanted ? Do you have  any pre op and post op pics ? Thanks 🙏 

Thanks guys for your responses. I will upload some better pics for you…I stopped taking Fin for a year but have been back on for a year. It was 4600 grafts. Do I shave my head and accept or try using BHT and 1000 head grafts and try filling?

pre-opF080172F-1B59-4F63-A518-43DD83104350.jpeg.b8b55f8b96c7e87408f25908cca4ef07.jpeg

NOW:

4F811592-CBF0-4624-A733-D180296E7F30.jpeg.c811f9c0e525275e857151bcd2065bfd.jpeg

1 year POST OP FULL HEAD OF HAIR

FC33D975-393C-48BD-B030-F5E7828C9DA5.thumb.jpeg.8166913aa1ee754a7ff6d33303786d30.jpeg

After a few years spent on the forums, I realized that the success / duration of a transplant varies from person to person.  Regardless of the many factors that may vary (surgeon who operates, pre and post transplant care, etc.) there is, in my opinion, to consider the person's predisposition for transplantation, which as I said before, is not the same for everyone, therefore a transplant to one person can last many years, to another instead of less, but of one thing I am sure: It is not for life.

• Like 1

Why did you get off of finasteride for a year? That is a long time, and much of your native hair may have fallen out from that.

Did you stop and start minoxidil? Doing that can trigger a major shed.

Edited by asterix0

I am back on fin and biotin, i stopped between 2018-20 as I was living abroad. I am thinking of doing PRP sessions to see if I can boost some of the native hair? I have 3 choices really:

1) shave the whole lot off

2) HT using 1500 beard hairs plus 1500 grafts - total 3000 grafts all over

3) PRP sessions every 3-6 months

The PRP should be useful after HT because it serves to speed up the healing process, but done every 3 months, as some clinics (most of the hair mills) advise, it is useless.

• 1 month later...

Any last minute advice? I have contacted a few surgeons regarding BHT to thicken up the whole scalp. Possibly use a 1000 donor area hair too. I want to bring hairline little lower and thicken up rest. Would you advise chest hairs too? I have thick BHT both beard and chest.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, ahmed9500 said:

Any last minute advice? I have contacted a few surgeons regarding BHT to thicken up the whole scalp. Possibly use a 1000 donor area hair too. I want to bring hairline little lower and thicken up rest. Would you advise chest hairs too? I have thick BHT both beard and chest.

You barely have any donor left and your midscalp is very thin, and you still want to lower the hairline? That makes no logical sense.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

You barely have any donor left and your midscalp is very thin, and you still want to lower the hairline? That makes no logical sense.

+1 

Your pics are very poor and you plan seems worse. I recommend to have a F2F consultation with at least 2-3 top clinics. If you have a bullet left, this is for sure your last one. Do not waste it. 

Thanks guys, I have taken your comments on board, and will stick to just adding density to the mid scalp I think. I don’t want to touch the donor area but will 1000 grafts do so much more damage to an already over harvested area? I will maximise beard grafts defo first and possibly chest hairs. I really need 2000-3000 grafts for a decent result. I was happy with my results for the first 3 years

2 minutes ago, ahmed9500 said:

Thanks guys, I have taken your comments on board, and will stick to just adding density to the mid scalp I think. I don’t want to touch the donor area but will 1000 grafts do so much more damage to an already over harvested area? I will maximise beard grafts defo first and possibly chest hairs. I really need 2000-3000 grafts for a decent result. I was happy with my results for the first 3 years

I wouldn’t suggest taking anymore from your donor area. It will definitely make it a lot worse if you take even more grafts. And a ethical clinic wouldn’t even agree to do this. 
Who are considering for your next ht ? Your going to have to be careful going forward.  

Eugenix India, I believe they do good BHT and affordable. My chest hairs are as strong as my beard, if I can get 3000 grafts via these 2  I wont need to touch my donor. As of now my hair is still a lot better than pre op 2015. 

11 minutes ago, ahmed9500 said:

Eugenix India, I believe they do good BHT and affordable. My chest hairs are as strong as my beard, if I can get 3000 grafts via these 2  I wont need to touch my donor. As of now my hair is still a lot better than pre op 2015. 

Have you been consulting Eugenix ? They will usually only take beard grafts, not chest. If you was considering someone that can do both then how about Dr Mwamba? 

Edited by JohnAC71