Well folks,

I learned a lot of things in life and that is to not consider some surgeons as friends or think some folks genuinely care about you.  It is all about the dollars in the end my friends.  Very few are probably genuine.  I think my open and friendly nature had me taken for a fool.  

From my first failed procedure to that doctors second failed repair attempt, it set me on a downward spiral.  His nurse was new to extractions at the time and learning and he had a new planter from colorado join him at the time.  Basically, A lot of room for errors were made and I ended up being some sort of guinea pig when I should have been patient.  

Fast forward and then that doctor told me to try another doctor to try new hands and I went to this doctor who was supposedly a repair doc.  It made matters worse and things look more unnatural. He used other hairs and claimed he will do lateral slit but made matter worse and more unnatural.  He used chest hairs and beard hairs and nape hairs etc.  shocked the area more and i feel terrible.  Hairline definitely didn’t go as planned with this doc and made matters worse due to the high level of unnaturalness.  

I believe in prayer and I believe in karma.  To leave me hanging like this and making my situation worse, they’ve caused me great pain.  The docs blamed each other and left me hanging.  

As it stands now, I need to get repaired as this hairline looks ridiculous for years. I just need a repair and I am getting older.  These doctors robbed me of my youth and caused me immense pain.  I see their cheerleaders time to time and hope others do not need multiple surgeries to move forward.  Ironically I helped some of their former patients by helping them discuss and get repairs elsewhere.  Many people from various doctors reach out to me with various repair concerns as well.  I try my best to send them to the right people via honest approach.  Most folks new to hair transplants and those with positive outcomes after my assistance have been happy-  that works as a redemption for me.  I am able to save someone from what I couldn’t save myself from.  

I am in need of a repair now.  If any doctor, that considers themselves ethical, are willing to take a look and see if you can do something, please feel free to send a message.  I would really like to move forward with my life and hope those that I did email, would respond as well.  Thank You!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

Hi @Sean, I am the consultant center of HDC clinic, you're welcome to PM or contact my WhatsApp to see if we can repair you.

I myself had a repair by Dr. Maras which I am very happy with.

Edited by Doron Harati
  • Like 3

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

It was disheartening to read this. Sean, I'm so sorry you had to go through this and that something which is supposed to improve your life had made it worse. 

My prayers are with you and I hope you get the repair you deserve. Really rooting for you.

I think some doctors should chime in to this thread.

• Like 4

Sorry for your experience. I think you should go to Dr. Konior since he seems like the go to doc for people that had multiple failed HTs. @JohnAC71 posted a good list also.

Look at this case:

Edited by shami26
  • Like 3

Medication for Male Pattern Baldness: Topical Dutasteride - Topical Minoxidil 5% - Ketoconazole Shampoo

Medication for Cicatricial Alopecia: Hydroxychloroquine  - Topical Clobestasol - Doxycycline

Hi @Sean

Please feel free to share some photos and I will be more than happy to give you my honest opinion. Don't give up. It is a great supportive environment in here. 

• Like 5

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

@Sean sorry to hear. i myself had a bad 1st HT, a very bland and unfulfilling 2nd "repair" HT, and finally am happy and look good with a 3rd HT. And even so, I plan on ultimately getting a 4th HT to fill in my crown, at some point in the future. 

I see from your profile you have a ton of experience with this forum, and as you said, you ironically helped repair patients for the clinic that did a subpar job on you. 

You already know the answers to your questions. You need to go to an elite doctor. If it is realistic, the price tag and/or wait time are secondary to the mental well being that a great repair will do for you. 

I am curious why you've waited multiple years to get a repair. For my 2nd and 3rd repair HT's, I couldn't wait to get them soon enough. You already know who the elite docs are, so not sure what the wait is for - but I'm sure you have your reasons. 

Its hard to comment more without seeing pics. I do sense a lot of stress and some anxiety, which is completely normal. Unfortunately, as I'm sure you know, any HT - whether a repair or an initial one - may not meet your exact expectations. Perhaps you may want to peruse the hair system option. It may give you peace of mind to be able to leave the hair transplant industry rollercoaster behind you, and you can be 100% in control of how your "hair" will appear. 

Edited by SadMan2021
  • Like 5

I’m sorry to hear what you are going thru. I have seen some incredible repairs done by the elite doctors. I am not privy to your exact situation but I am convinced that as long as you have donor hair available whether it be from the scalp, beard or chest that your situation is not hopeless. You just have to readjust your expectations. It sounds like you started on this journey many years ago with the original expectation of restoring a very dense youthful hairline. For whatever reason that unfortunately didn’t work out. So now the goal just just be naturalness and normalizing your scalp and with an ethical doctor it will be a multi stage process. I hope you get this sorted out.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sean. For a while now I've come across your replies that have aided others with their hair issues which is commendable and worthy of much praise my friend. Youre correct about this shady industry as a business where we the patients are both the guinea pigs and banks that fill the wallets of many of these scum who pose as doctors. Unfortunately every aspect of this industry is full of greed including hair transplant websites that claim to help us are really operating behind these "doctors." Do keep your chin up as I'm suffering along with you. Honestly I dont know what your donor supply is. But if theres enough to warrant another round of procedures then give it another shot as long as you do so carefully handpicking the best clinics the field offers.

Seriously, I'm not going to lament upon your situation; youve had your bout of that. But I will impart upon you any advice you'll need. If and when you do decide to go for another transplant let me know so I can be there with you in spirit!

Wish you a lot of faith and positivity always. PM me whenever you like; I'll always be here to help you.

Edited by foor
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I want to thank each and everyone that responded.  I will post things here with photos and background and where I am now.  I will respond to each one of you and want to thank you for your support.  You  can see my previous threads where reps responded and where my photos where at one point.  

Background from each surgery and photos will be posted and I am hoping an ethical doctor can assist.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sean said:

I want to thank each and everyone that responded.  I will post things here with photos and background and where I am now.  I will respond to each one of you and want to thank you for your support.  You  can see my previous threads where reps responded and where my photos where at one point.  

Background from each surgery and photos will be posted and I am hoping an ethical doctor can assist.  

Great to hear ! Look forward to it 🙏

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/25/2021 at 11:42 PM, Sean said:

Well folks,

I learned a lot of things in life and that is to not consider some surgeons as friends or think some folks genuinely care about you.  It is all about the dollars in the end my friends.  Very few are probably genuine.  I think my open and friendly nature had me taken for a fool.  

From my first failed procedure to that doctors second failed repair attempt, it set me on a downward spiral.  His nurse was new to extractions at the time and learning and he had a new planter from colorado join him at the time.  Basically, A lot of room for errors were made and I ended up being some sort of guinea pig when I should have been patient.  

Fast forward and then that doctor told me to try another doctor to try new hands and I went to this doctor who was supposedly a repair doc.  It made matters worse and things look more unnatural. He used other hairs and claimed he will do lateral slit but made matter worse and more unnatural.  He used chest hairs and beard hairs and nape hairs etc.  shocked the area more and i feel terrible.  Hairline definitely didn’t go as planned with this doc and made matters worse due to the high level of unnaturalness.  

I believe in prayer and I believe in karma.  To leave me hanging like this and making my situation worse, they’ve caused me great pain.  The docs blamed each other and left me hanging.  

As it stands now, I need to get repaired as this hairline looks ridiculous for years. I just need a repair and I am getting older.  These doctors robbed me of my youth and caused me immense pain.  I see their cheerleaders time to time and hope others do not need multiple surgeries to move forward.  Ironically I helped some of their former patients by helping them discuss and get repairs elsewhere.  Many people from various doctors reach out to me with various repair concerns as well.  I try my best to send them to the right people via honest approach.  Most folks new to hair transplants and those with positive outcomes after my assistance have been happy-  that works as a redemption for me.  I am able to save someone from what I couldn’t save myself from.  

I am in need of a repair now.  If any doctor, that considers themselves ethical, are willing to take a look and see if you can do something, please feel free to send a message.  I would really like to move forward with my life and hope those that I did email, would respond as well.  Thank You!

Do you mind posting a picture of your result?

• Administrators

@Sean

Long time no speak my friend, you have been a valuable addition to the forum. I know things seem hopeless, but believe there is still a way to fix this, recently Dr. Mwamba rejoined the network, and he has helped many get repaired. One YouTuber Matt Dominance had this, which isn't terrible, but very unnatural. He also fixed donor halos with donor restocking. He has a clinic in Atlanta, he's definitely someone you should consider. I'll tag the clinic @FUECLINIC

image.png

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 5/26/2021 at 8:42 AM, Sean said:

Well folks,

Well yeah I am totally agreeing with your thoughts about these Drs are not your friends, they are just out there for your money. The plastic surgery business(including hair transplants) in general is pretty much cancer. There are ethical Drs to a degree, but in the end like 99% of the Drs will hide behind someone answering their emails, if they do poor work. 

I had a plastic surgery procedure in my native country, which is one of the top countries in Europe if you measure economy & infrastructure wise, with one of the supposed "best Drs" of this type of operation. I heard him talk on the radio, the tv, there were HUNDREDS of great reviews on different plastic surgery forums, I really did my research and found forums such as this. My operation took a couple of hours and after about 3 months, I could start to see the results, and I was totally butchered. He did neglect everything, it was my healing tissue that was the wrong thing, he was not going to refund me, but rather do another repair job, which I ofcourse declined. I told him to pay back my money, after some time he did not answer anymore, everything was my fault, I did wait to long he said to contact him(he told me to wait for another 12 months to see the final product when I contacted him after 3). I did put up a report to the feds in my country, to get him a warning on his license, they thought it was poor work but did not give him a warning, it was not enough, it was not a threat for my life or anything like that so its all cool(Lol). 

Unfortunaly in this case it was difficult for me to post these results on forums, because I really dont want to show it to someone, so you could say he got away from that aswell. Today I have got this solved for now, hiding it pretty well with a tattoo. The tattoo artist did a great job, you can probably see the scars from certain angles but it masks it very good.

I see this also in the hair transplant world, alot of the best Drs seem to never do wrong, they have some patient advisor answering everything for them. There are a small % who really stand there and take the critique.

Hope everything will be solved for you and you get what you are looking for with the next repair job. All the best.

Edited by digi23
  • Thanks 1

On 11/16/2021 at 5:12 PM, digi23 said:

Well yeah I am totally agreeing with your thoughts about these Drs are not your friends, they are just out there for your money. The plastic surgery business(including hair transplants) in general is pretty much cancer. There are ethical Drs to a degree, but in the end like 99% of the Drs will hide behind someone answering their emails, if they do poor work. 

I had a plastic surgery procedure in my native country, which is one of the top countries in Europe if you measure economy & infrastructure wise, with one of the supposed "best Drs" of this type of operation. I heard him talk on the radio, the tv, there were HUNDREDS of great reviews on different plastic surgery forums, I really did my research and found forums such as this. My operation took a couple of hours and after about 3 months, I could start to see the results, and I was totally butchered. He did neglect everything, it was my healing tissue that was the wrong thing, he was not going to refund me, but rather do another repair job, which I ofcourse declined. I told him to pay back my money, after some time he did not answer anymore, everything was my fault, I did wait to long he said to contact him(he told me to wait for another 12 months to see the final product when I contacted him after 3). I did put up a report to the feds in my country, to get him a warning on his license, they thought it was poor work but did not give him a warning, it was not enough, it was not a threat for my life or anything like that so its all cool(Lol). 

Unfortunaly in this case it was difficult for me to post these results on forums, because I really dont want to show it to someone, so you could say he got away from that aswell. Today I have got this solved for now, hiding it pretty well with a tattoo. The tattoo artist did a great job, you can probably see the scars from certain angles but it masks it very good.

I see this also in the hair transplant world, alot of the best Drs seem to never do wrong, they have some patient advisor answering everything for them. There are a small % who really stand there and take the critique.

Hope everything will be solved for you and you get what you are looking for with the next repair job. All the best.

It is really dumb how even the sleaziest of doctors will give a free repair job, but no HT doctor - even the ethical ones - ever just want to give a patient their $ back. Why not? It costs the doctor a lot of operating costs doing a repair job. Do they see an outright cash refund as a sign of giving up on a patient or informally admitting they can't do proper work?

It would be so much better for all involved if 100% refunds (for VALID reasons) became the norm, rather than a repair job. 

Think about it this way. Even scummy doctors put hard work into every surgery. They are doing their best job. If they screw up and can't get it right the 1st time, they are likely to screw up a 2nd time. Give patients their money back and let them go to a different doc!

Edited by SadMan2021

• Valued Contributor
56 minutes ago, SadMan2021 said:

It is really dumb how even the sleaziest of doctors will give a free repair job, but no HT doctor - even the ethical ones - ever just want to give a patient their $ back. Why not? It costs the doctor a lot of operating costs doing a repair job. Do they see an outright cash refund as a sign of giving up on a patient or informally admitting they can't do proper work?

It would be so much better for all involved if 100% refunds (for VALID reasons) became the norm, rather than a repair job. 

Think about it this way. Even scummy doctors put hard work into every surgery. They are doing their best job. If they screw up the 1st time, they are likely to screw up a 2nd time. Give patients their money back and let them go to a different doc!

One of the most important questions that I always ask and that I recommend every potential hair transplant candidate asks is 'what is the surgeon's policy if a patient is unhappy with the results post op?' This may not be met with an answer that you will receive a refund. But it is always part of the due diligence research when looking for the right surgeon for your hair loss needs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1