Uneven hair growth on hairline 7 months

Hi everyone, 

I had a hair transplant 7 months ago and the majority of my hairline has grown in very well. However, on the left side of my head the coverage and density doesn’t match which is very frustrating.

I have spoken to my surgeon and he said it is still early days and to wait a few months but as you can imagine it is stressful. Is this a common thing?

I have attached a photo of my good side and the thinner side

opinions? Thanks in advance 

A063546C-47C8-4469-8C52-F2D0CB0AABDC.png

C4913998-1438-449E-828C-B8C13BD404F5.png

C5D8D010-A7E3-4711-82FB-9C72C8FA6432.png

Yes it is common and too early.  Looks like good results though.

• Like 3

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

You still have a LOT of growing left to do and this is actually a common occurrence. Just be patient for now. I know it's easier said than done. Who did your surgery?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

Looking great, any pre-op and immediate post-op pics? 

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

Who performed the surgery? You really need to wait until 12 months before assessing your results. We are our own worst critics.

I will share who done the surgery once it’s completed as I don’t want to affect his good reputation until I have a clearer idea of the full results. Just hard when you see most people’s grown out at this point. I’m only at 7 months so maybe it’ll grow in more.

• Like 1

Looks like a terrific result already, so just give it time to even out.  It's quite common to have one side grow in faster than the other.  

• Thanks 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

2 hours ago, aaron1234 said:

Looks like a terrific result already, so just give it time to even out.  It's quite common to have one side grow in faster than the other.  

Thanks mate, will do. I tried Googling a lot and couldn’t find much on peoples experiences on it growing in uneven 

• 2 weeks later...

Just be patient and hopefully you will see more growth on that side.  At what month did you start to see the initial new growth?  Typically its 3-4 months.

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Honestly I may be in the minority here but I think your hairline looks freaking amazing based on those pics. The slight imperfections are what makes it looks natural. That said, as the owner of the hair I get where you're coming from. But if I passed you on the street, or even was sitting across from you in a brightly lit cafe, I would have no idea you'd had a HT. All I'd be thinking is "damn that guy has an amazing head of hair".

If it still bothers you rest assured it'll likely thicken out more in the coming months, or you could try a bit of minox/derma rolling.

• Like 3

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

You’ve got some incredible growth already who was the surgeon?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry your frustrated. Hang in there a couple more months and have a conversation with your surgeon around one year post surgery.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.