Dr. Patrick Mwamba (Fue Clinic) - Over 9,000 grafts - 24th & 25th of May 2021

• Administrators
1 hour ago, HairRun said:

wow, all that in 3500 grafts, Do you have thick hair ?

No, that’s three surgeries I believe over 7k grafts. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

@captaincalico

How many grafts have you gotten in total? I’ll fix the title. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, jjsrader said:

Poster's original hair is in the top 1% of possible donor-hair quality.  Keep this in mind.

Regardless, well done thus far.

That’s true, great results are a variety of factors. Good surgeon, good donor, quality of hair. If you have all these factors, you get a hall of fame result like this. 

• Like 2

View my thread

• Moderators

Wow. This is an incredible transformation. Isn't it great to get rid of the hair piece and still be able to have all that hair?

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/19/2022 at 5:05 PM, WhereIsMyMind said:

Same. I like to tell myself im a similar case. Hope i'm not wrong lmao

This is my first day of the surgery here and I am already very happy! The Doctor and the team are very friendly and professional. 

• Like 1

Hey one and all ! Sorry again for being a little quiet ! Life gets in the way at times ! I am scheduled for March for my last 1.200 grafts with Dr Mwamba for my vertex and crown. The plan was 9.000 grafts from the beginning and we have had close to 7.500 grafts harvested so far so this should be my final surgery. He went quite light on the crown and vertex area as we wanted to see what medication (Dutasteride Mesotherapy and Topical Dutasteride) could do there. There was definitely a big improvement on medication and the mesotherapy sessions but I will need a final 1.000-1.500 surgery to fill the entire head. Density on my hairline and frontal third is as thick as I would have hoped and I am still only at 6 months post op so expecting more thickening in the next 3 months. Overall my life has completely changed with hair and could not recommend FUE CLINIC and Dr Mwamba enough

2E6F36C5-4578-4E78-9798-539CB4E77484.jpeg

• Like 6

• Administrators
7 hours ago, captaincalico said:

Hey one and all ! Sorry again for being a little quiet ! Life gets in the way at times ! I am scheduled for March for my last 1.200 grafts with Dr Mwamba for my vertex and crown. The plan was 9.000 grafts from the beginning and we have had close to 7.500 grafts harvested so far so this should be my final surgery. He went quite light on the crown and vertex area as we wanted to see what medication (Dutasteride Mesotherapy and Topical Dutasteride) could do there. There was definitely a big improvement on medication and the mesotherapy sessions but I will need a final 1.000-1.500 surgery to fill the entire head. Density on my hairline and frontal third is as thick as I would have hoped and I am still only at 6 months post op so expecting more thickening in the next 3 months. Overall my life has completely changed with hair and could not recommend FUE CLINIC and Dr Mwamba enough

Absolutely incredible 🙌🏼

• Thanks 1

View my thread

59 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Absolutely incredible 🙌🏼

It’s getting there bro ! The final op I think will give me great coverage. Maybe even enough so that I have no need for any fibers anymore! (There are no fibers on my hair in the above pic) incase anyone questions it 

@captaincalico can you please share how many days each of your surgeries with Mwamba was? 

I saw Mwamba for a 3 day procedure in June and felt 3 days was a bit much. 

Im seeing him again in January for 2 days. I feel 2 days is enough but part of me is worried I should have booked for 3 days😂

im a repair patient so its a bit different than yourself, but still just curious how long each of your surgieries was. 

Thanks

1 minute ago, HappyMan2021 said:

@captaincalico can you please share how many days each of your surgeries with Mwamba was? 

I saw Mwamba for a 3 day procedure in June and felt 3 days was a bit much. 

Im seeing him again in January for 2 days. I feel 2 days is enough but part of me is worried I should have booked for 3 days😂

im a repair patient so its a bit different than yourself, but still just curious how long each of your surgieries was. 

Thanks

First was around 2 days / possibly 3 …. I can’t actually remember 😂 I’m pretty sure it was 2 very long days ! I think you’ll be fine, if they have recommended that amount of time then they strongly believe it’ll be done in that time. The others only spent one day 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, captaincalico said:

First was around 2 days / possibly 3 …. I can’t actually remember 😂 I’m pretty sure it was 2 very long days ! I think you’ll be fine, if they have recommended that amount of time then they strongly believe it’ll be done in that time. The others only spent one day 

Thanks!

On 11/21/2022 at 6:48 AM, captaincalico said:

Looking great! Are you planning on shaving your head in March? I’m wondering how your hair looks like with a short hair cut. 

Hello everyone … hope you are doing great! I have a question 

Does Creatine cause an increase in hair loss ? There is a lot of info out there which is Infact myth … I’m pretty sure it doesn’t cause any increase in loss … especially to transplanted hairs … any opinions are appreciated!

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 4:00 PM, captaincalico said:

Hello everyone … hope you are doing great! I have a question 

Does Creatine cause an increase in hair loss ? There is a lot of info out there which is Infact myth … I’m pretty sure it doesn’t cause any increase in loss … especially to transplanted hairs … any opinions are appreciated!

Hi. It all stems from one small study they did with a Rugby team assesing their DHT levels after ingesting creatine or not which did infact increase it a lot which sparkled this debate for ages now.

Since then, it has been reported several times why this study has no scientific value, the sample and the way it was done can't prove anything.

In fact, no one has ever reproduced same results ever again. Problem is not many research going into this to finally debunk it. I made my research on it and from all I gathered simply put, the general consensus is:

"Creatine monohidrate *might* slightly alter DHT production, but its so negligible that it should have no impact on any hormonal or hair loss related problems"

Again, there is anecdotal evidence of people saying it did affect them in the internet... So...

I think best approach since whatever it does will be mild, just trial and error and conclude for yourself. Become your own study :)

I am going to do the same... GL!

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

• Administrators

I would like to induct @captaincalico into the forum’s hall of fame. Like if you agree, I will create a thread with all of the nominees.

• Like 14

View my thread