Dr Arshad- The Hair Dr 4,817 FUE

@Melvin- Moderator you can't seriously think this is anywhere near good enough for 5k grafts? The level of protection for this Dr is getting ridiculous now. Like myself and dozens of others across various forums, OP has used up a large amount of his available grafts for nothing but a slight improvement. Not to mention the time and money. Honestly astounds me he continues to be recommended.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, BananaMan84 said:

@Melvin- Moderator you can't seriously think this is anywhere near good enough for 5k grafts? The level of protection for this Dr is getting ridiculous now. Like myself and dozens of others across various forums, OP has used up a large amount of his available grafts for nothing but a slight improvement. Not to mention the time and money. Honestly astounds me he continues to be recommended.

It seems if the doctor is on the list of recommended surgeons,  they're immune to criticism which is biased and not good precedent for the forum. The defense of the results is comical at best and pathetic. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

It seems if the doctor is on the list of recommended surgeons,  they're immune to criticism which is biased and not good precedent for the forum. The defense of the results is comical at best and pathetic. 

I don’t think it’s the case generally, but for this doctor I 100% agree.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Classygentleman said:

There has certainly been an improvement but this picture is a more accurate comparison.

clearly an improvement but the density currently is not good- granted there is time for improvement but for the number of grafts I expected much more- certainly on the hairline and the frontal third.

44134C47-BDE5-4D48-BE79-C57D043AB71C.jpeg

The only way to get a true comparison would be to go to the clinic and have them take the same picture in the same lighting. I don’t think this is a fair comparison either as one is facing the sun and the other is in diffuser lighting. 

When I’m replying it’s as someone with similar hair loss pattern and who knows lighting and conditions. Now, based on the various photos in different lighting I’ve seen, yes I do believe the results look decent. 

Again, these are my opinions. That doesn’t in anyway mean you can’t be unhappy or dissatisfied with your result. 

The difference between diffuser lighting and facing the sun. Keep in mind I’ve had 9k grafts. 

@sukh123 I’ve warned you twice, now you’re making nasty allegations that we protect recommended surgeons, which is LIE and malicious. If a result is bad, I have absolutely NO problem saying so, and I have done so on multiple occasions. In fact, I’ve removed surgeons due to this reason. This is my last warning to you. The next one will be a permanent suspension

Facing sun

E5A3F8B1-1BE2-4677-A2A9-0E7BFF60F387.jpeg

Facing diffuser light

97F12BDA-6F1D-42CF-8214-416AB31C681C.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

The only way to get a true comparison would be to go to the clinic and have them take the same picture in the same lighting. I don’t think this is a fair comparison either as one is facing the sun and the other is in diffuser lighting. 

When I’m replying it’s as someone with similar hair loss pattern and who knows lighting and conditions. Now, based on the various photos in different lighting I’ve seen, yes I do believe the results look decent. 

Again, these are my opinions. That doesn’t in anyway mean you can’t be unhappy or dissatisfied with your result. 

The difference between diffuser lighting and facing the sun. Keep in mind I’ve had 9k grafts. 

@sukh123 I’ve warned you twice, now you’re making nasty allegations that we protect recommended surgeons, which is LIE and malicious. If a result is bad, I have absolutely NO problem saying so, and I have done so on multiple occasions. In fact, I’ve removed surgeons due to this reason. This is my last warning to you. The next one will be a permanent suspension

Facing sun

E5A3F8B1-1BE2-4677-A2A9-0E7BFF60F387.jpeg

Facing diffuser light

97F12BDA-6F1D-42CF-8214-416AB31C681C.jpeg

Is this  recently? Daamn the sun is ur enemy lol

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, Ajamilo said:

Is this  recently? Daamn the sun is ur enemy lol

Yes, you have to be realistic with what’s possible in all conditions. Happy people post pictures in the best conditions, unhappy post in the worst conditions.

Truth is always in the middle. That’s why when you review photos, take in to account all of the photos, not only the ones in the worst conditions or in optimal conditions. 

People take my posts as defending, believe me I’m not. I’m giving my opinion as someone in the same shoes. I know what’s realistic in certain conditions. If you take a Norwood 6 with 10k grafts. You’re not gonna get full density. You’re going to see scalp when the hair is wet or under the bright sun. Especially if you have fine straight hair.

Furthermore, you have to take in to account hair characteristics. If you have straight fine hair, your scalp is going to be more visible than someone with coarse curly hair. Ultimately, you have to manage expectations with what can be achieved with your hair type. Numbers are irrelevant to individuals. Graft numbers need to be reviewed individually, based on hair type and hair loss pattern.

For example, 9k  may differ drastically on two separate people, so saying a blanket statement of “I had 9k grafts my hair should look like _” is nonsense. Because there are so many variables. Hair to scalp color contrast, hair thickness, head size, hair texture, etc.

I could easily go around posting pictures facing the sun and and with my hair wet and say my HT was botched, and guess what, everyone would agree. But I know that isn’t a true depiction. You should present your hair in various conditions to show how it appears in those conditions. It’s to be expected that the hair may look less impressive in certain conditions.

If you want to compare apples to apples you have to control the setting. That’s why all my updates are in the same room, same lighting. If I change the settings and lighting, I’m no longer able to get an accurate depiction. We have to look at this as a controlled experiment, the independent variable is the growth. But we need to keep our settings controlled and consistent to be accurate. Again, this isn’t anything against OP, he’s been transparent and honest and I am happy he’s posting his genuine review. But I’m simply stating some facts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 2 weeks later...

Just been looking through you initial photos to compare with the latest ones. The crown looks really full compared to your starting point. The front does still seem to lack some density, but that could still improve. Rather than combing your hair back, have you tried ruffling it up at a bit with a fingertip amount of hair gel?  That might give you a better look overall, as the hairs will gel together to make it look fuller. 

• Thanks 1

Hi. I’m currently booked with Dr Arshad next month. Flying all the way from Sydney, Australia to do so. I just read the whole thread and looked at your pics from the start to now. 

I can see how you would be a little disappointed in the density at the front. But honestly you look great from where you started to where you are now you must feel like a new man no?

I am not sure if this is relevant to you but I’ll say it anyway. I worked as PT for years and I would always work with people who were insecure about their weight or appearance. I would often hear them say I wish I looked like I did years ago before I put on this weight and convinced themselves if they lost 10kg ( for example) they would be happy. But more often than not once they lost the 10kg they just picked something else about themselves they didn’t like and that was the new thing holding them back from being happy with themselves. Again not saying I think that’s you just food for thought. 

You look great mate. Huge improvement and even if you need a top up it’s polar opposites from when you started your journey. 

Edited by Toot
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Toot said:

Hi. I’m currently booked with Dr Arshad next month. Flying all the way from Sydney, Australia to do so. I just read the whole thread and looked at your pics from the start to now. 

I can see how you would be a little disappointed in the density at the front. But honestly you look great from where you started to where you are now you must feel like a new man no?

I am not sure if this is relevant to you but I’ll say it anyway. I worked as PT for years and I would always work with people who were insecure about their weight or appearance. I would often hear them say I wish I looked like I did years ago before I put on this weight and convinced themselves if they lost 10kg ( for example) they would be happy. But more often than not once they lost the 10kg they just picked something else about themselves they didn’t like and that was the new thing holding them back from being happy with themselves. Again not saying I think that’s you just food for thought. 

You look great mate. Huge improvement and even if you need a top up it’s polar opposites from when you started your journey. 

In general I am more than comfortable that there is an improvement from my starting position. I am however a little disappointed in the density so far given the number of grafts  used.

I do not obsess about my hair in any way, it does not define me or have any impact on my day-to-day life, it was previously something that bothered me so I decided to fix it

I am definitely comfortable there is an improvement but just not as much as I wanted.

Given where you live, can I ask why you chose the UK for your surgery as opposed to one of the top doctors in Europe?

Edited by Classygentleman
Spelling
  • Like 1

Mate to be honest with you I started looking around two years ago. initially the Turkey clinics popped up on my Instagram and then I found Dr Arshad after he fixed a botched job from Turkey. I’ve followed him since and liked a lot of the jobs he’s done.  I Still wasn’t sure though.

Then In December I  booked a consult and the first thing they said to me was why would you want to come to the UK for this? Isn’t there places closer that would be easier for you?

They then said before we consider it go and get this test done ( for scarring alopecia ) as most of my baldness has actually been since birth I just didn’t grow hair in one section of my hairline. They also said that I should  take finasteride and minoxidil and I that if I wasn’t willing to take the meds I was probably wasting my time ( not in those exact words that’s the jist )

I really liked that. I hate pushy sales people, I actually felt like she was trying to convince me not to go. 

Then I saw Melvin on Instagram and watched him do a Live stream with Dr Bisanga I believe. Jumped on here a while back and started searching and reading. I found the clinics close to me in Thailand and India that are on here. I contacted the one in India for a quote via Whatsapp and then they started to bombard me with texts and called a few times. I really didn’t like that at all turned me off big time. Also the Thai clinics were almost the same cost as India or the UK/EU. As I searched I found all the top surgeons that are verified on here charge pretty similar amounts only a few K difference. 

sorry for the long message. 

Edited by Toot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

It’s improving each month. It’s still 8 months, so it’s possible you’ll be satisfied by 12 months with the density. But keep in mind, it’s never gonna look perfect. That’s a reality. 

• Thanks 1

View my thread

@ClassygentlemanMeanwhile, a praise to you, who took photos in the worst conditions, that is under the sunlight and under the direct light of spotlights (not like many who take their photos in a car or in the dark spaces of an apartment), you still have some month in which it will surely improve.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Classygentleman said:

In general I am more than comfortable that there is an improvement from my starting position. I am however a little disappointed in the density so far given the number of grafts  used.

I do not obsess about my hair in any way, it does not define me or have any impact on my day-to-day life, it was previously something that bothered me so I decided to fix it

I am definitely comfortable there is an improvement but just not as much as I wanted.

Given where you live, can I ask why you chose the UK for your surgery as opposed to one of the top doctors in Europe?

I'm glad to hear you're in a healthy place psychologically with your hair buddy!

I agree with you though, for 6k grafts I would expect more, especially given some of the transformations with the same amount on here. I think captain calico had a similar amount of grafts and his is transformational, while I'd say yours was incremental progress.

Obviously the lightning doesn't help, it'd be good to see more pictures on threads with very harsh lightning just so we can get an idea about the true density to expect.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, HHH said:

I'm glad to hear you're in a healthy place psychologically with your hair buddy!

I agree with you though, for 6k grafts I would expect more, especially given some of the transformations with the same amount on here. I think captain calico had a similar amount of grafts and his is transformational, while I'd say yours was incremental progress.

Obviously the lightning doesn't help, it'd be good to see more pictures on threads with very harsh lightning just so we can get an idea about the true density to expect.

You can’t compare patients. If you look at captain calico, he’s got thick curly hair. Top tier hair characteristics. Unfortunately, classygentleman has fine straight hair. 6k grafts on two different people will look vastly different, depending on these factors. 

• Like 1

View my thread

7 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

You can’t compare patients. If you look at captain calico, he’s got thick curly hair. Top tier hair characteristics. Unfortunately, classygentleman has fine straight hair. 6k grafts on two different people will look vastly different, depending on these factors. 

Yeah fair point, obviously it's hard not to given we all look at a ton of before and after pics and can't help but compare ourselves.

Still even with fine straight hair I do think more could have been achieved in this case.🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HHH said:

'm glad to hear you're in a healthy place psychologically with your hair buddy!

If you are referring to capitan Calico,  the member who underwent two procedures with Mwamba, well, you cannot compare the photos posted in his thread with these of @ClassygentlemanThose of Capitan calico are almost all selfies, some also with toppik, these of @Classygentleman as I said before they are all done in the worst light conditions.  This, just to be fair.

Just now, ITA said:

If you are referring to capitan Calico,  the member who underwent two procedures with Mwamba, well, you cannot compare the photos posted in his thread with these of @ClassygentlemanThose of Capitan calico are almost all selfies, some also with toppik, these of @Classygentleman as I said before they are all done in the worst light conditions.  This, just to be fair.

Also agreed (latest pics don't have topic though). I would like to see his pics in harsh bathroom lighting, although there's no doubt he's had a terrific result.

• Like 1

I will always post pics in various lighting to give a complete view- and the clinic before pics are taken under bright lighting with wet / damp hair so am trying to give a like for like comparison.

As for not comparing results to others- we do this every single day on the forum and every time we look at the doctors results.
We do this in the hope of finding others with similar hair characteristics and hair loss patterns with a view to how we may achieve a similar result.
In relation to having fine Hair, I do have fine hair l however I have seen multiple doctors achieve fantastic results using similar or less graft numbers.

• Like 1

Apologies in advance for my dumb question. But isn't 5k grafts a lot for one go? I have read people comment that too many hairs trying to get at the same blood supply is a bad thing, right? I have seen those threads with 7k plus grafts but it seems risky, no?

Not to side track this discussion but what is a safe amount of hairs to transplant in one surgery? I mean just one day not split over 2 days. I want to give myself the best chance for success. Thanks.

Edited by Needadviceplease

1 hour ago, Needadviceplease said:

Apologies in advance for my dumb question. But isn't 5k grafts a lot for one go? I have read people comment that too many hairs trying to get at the same blood supply is a bad thing, right? I have seen those threads with 7k plus grafts but it seems risky, no?

Not to side track this discussion but what is a safe amount of hairs to transplant in one surgery? I mean just one day not split over 2 days. I want to give myself the best chance for success. Thanks.

I think it all depends on the surgeon. In hindsight, I do believe too many grafts  were done in one session during my first procedure.

looking through this forum and many others I rarely see top doctors extract that number of grafts  in one procedure. This could be part of the reason my result was not great.

That is not to say that mega sessions are unheard-of, but I believe it takes a very skilled surgeon to be able to successfully do so

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Month 9 update:

As usual, pictures in a variety of conditions to give a true and honest reflection.

Wet, dry, bright and natural light.

As is the case with most hair transplants, it definitely looks better in certain (low) lighting conditions but overall I’d have hoped for better density in natural light and not as see through. Still not hit 12 months but I’m doubtful much will change over the next 3 months but I hope I’m wrong?

Pics of the donor area also included.

Thoughts??

3D174740-7961-4EDA-8E37-3274A2E4C881.jpeg

FCD8478F-46E5-4C2B-8A57-E557B08EB177.jpeg

E1DF59B6-BE7C-4652-9591-F4C1CEB89FF5.jpeg

390048D7-AE06-4D24-96E8-98B54AEC8E70.jpeg

4718925E-C65C-49C6-8C8D-E21073A9322A.jpeg

CE035D3D-442E-4A96-98FB-33699108A749.jpeg

8DE08DE0-1175-42B6-91F2-EEF74556C675.jpeg

45331D86-93EC-4D07-9368-E15D25B13C29.jpeg

8BCA1F5E-8F96-4344-9D06-6D4A8FC17A3E.jpeg

0AE1DF62-04EC-4DBD-99E8-33A6CDA8A8D5.jpeg

EA5D01B8-E6CA-4B4F-B6B5-6A595BA79D6F.jpeg

EB01AB4B-A412-4FCF-A04C-76BF564C408E.jpeg

38C5FB76-F0C4-49F0-96C5-AAC9DA42A958.jpeg

C4E94CF3-07A2-4409-AE11-8E844B997812.jpeg

18F23F7A-110B-4E3A-A128-1FAE0BB91F93.jpeg

212692C8-DCA3-497E-A921-74A47D4D224D.jpeg

678981F5-390C-41B1-B863-EFE748F669DB.jpeg

31032AC8-CA31-4999-A8AD-A51EC7A216F5.jpeg

B8DDDB41-63B7-40A7-9874-C6E8C1A04ABC.jpeg

ACB95502-DC7D-4DBA-9AD9-AA2ADFDE6228.jpeg

BD8845BB-52F6-45F4-807C-81065947FE69.jpeg

1AB738E8-CBB8-4418-80A9-F423F289E165.jpeg

• Administrators

Massive improvement overall, but I have to say it looks better every month. It’s still improving. 

6B7A6E6B-65A6-4162-B4E6-DE51C7EC9CFE.jpeg

• Thanks 1

View my thread