Dr Arshad- The Hair Dr 4,817 FUE

@Classygentleman Hey man, thanks for the honest photos. We all hate the famous see through appearances, it is quite a normal thing with hair transplant. You might need a tiny touch up in the frontal zone, but overall you should be pleased to have a natural looking result, with hairs going in the correct direction.  If I were you I would avoid products that make you hair look like its wet,  but rather use a blow dryer for styling to one side + hair spray

Good luck for the remaining months of growth and maturity 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

It’s all about expectations. Here’s the reality, when you’re happy you post pictures like this

613281A8-09E2-4CCF-8DBD-DDBD13281466.jpeg

Looks impressive, most would say wow what a difference, and it is, but by no means is it perfect.

Unhappy people will do this

D04FD7AA-7888-41D2-966D-F9B23CC8BD35.jpeg

Much less impressive, but both pictures are the same result. The reality is that no one walks around like the second picture. I certainly don’t walk around with my hair parted and wet under a light. The first picture is more indicative of how I appear day to day. That said, I can understand how someone may feel short changed with the realities of surgery, if they don’t have their expectations in check. It’s not perfect and never will be.

Keep in mind I’ve had 9k grafts overall, and my hair still isn’t perfect. It’s not realistic to expect perfect density in all situations. If you do the math a Norwood 5/6 has lost around 20k-25k follicular units, there’s just no way you’re gonna get perfect density with 5k grafts. It’s like trying to make a dollar out of 15 cents, or pence. To have an optimal illusion you’d need at least 10-15k grafts depending on hair thickness. 

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

52 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

It’s all about expectations. Here’s the reality, when you’re happy you post pictures like this

613281A8-09E2-4CCF-8DBD-DDBD13281466.jpeg

Looks impressive, most would say wow what a difference, and it is, but by no means is it perfect.

Unhappy people will do this

D04FD7AA-7888-41D2-966D-F9B23CC8BD35.jpeg

Much less impressive, but both pictures are the same result. The reality is that no one walks around like the second picture. I certainly don’t walk around with my hair parted and wet under a light. The first picture is more indicative of how I appear day to day. That said, I can understand how someone may feel short changed with the realities of surgery, if they don’t have their expectations in check. It’s not perfect and never will be.

Keep in mind I’ve had 9k grafts overall, and my hair still isn’t perfect. It’s not realistic to expect perfect density in all situations. If you do the math a Norwood 5/6 has lost around 20k-25k follicular units, there’s just no way you’re gonna get perfect density with 5k grafts. It’s like trying to make a dollar out of 15 cents, or pence. To have an optimal illusion you’d need at least 10-15k grafts depending on hair thickness. 

Well said! For my next updates i will also include outside view of progress & under various lighting conditions. I even noticed my before pic in the same day under different angle in same room had a bit diffetent feel, more dayight thru window = much worse appearence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it’s about transparency. Before and after pictures should always be in the same conditions. Same light, same hair length, style and both wet or both dry.

I’ve always tried to give an honest insight and have always shown multiple scenarios to be clear with everyone.

• Like 3

On 9/28/2022 at 5:02 PM, Ryan Daniel said:

@Classygentleman Hey man, thanks for the honest photos. We all hate the famous see through appearances, it is quite a normal thing with hair transplant. You might need a tiny touch up in the frontal zone, but overall you should be pleased to have a natural looking result, with hairs going in the correct direction.  If I were you I would avoid products that make you hair look like its wet,  but rather use a blow dryer for styling to one side + hair spray

Good luck for the remaining months of growth and maturity 

Is it that normal as ive seen a lot and usually you can't see through more than 1-2 cm max?

Edited by HHH

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Classygentleman said:

I think it’s about transparency. Before and after pictures should always be in the same conditions. Same light, same hair length, style and both wet or both dry.

I’ve always tried to give an honest insight and have always shown multiple scenarios to be clear with everyone.

Thank you for doing that, it’s a great way to detail the journey. Will help many manage their own expectations. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

1 hour ago, HHH said:

Is it that normal as ive seen a lot and usually you can't see through more than 1-2 cm max?

I believe mine is more see through than it should be.

everyone is different but I’ve seen so many people with denser hairlines, all of whom had no hair at the front so it absolutely is possible to give an illusion of density and not look see through 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Classygentleman said:

I believe mine is more see through than it should be.

everyone is different but I’ve seen so many people with denser hairlines, all of whom had no hair at the front so it absolutely is possible to give an illusion of density and not look see through 

Agreed,  with the right planning, 5k for front and mid scalp and 2-3 for crown should leave a patient happy.

As you've said, and I don't see the point in leaving a comment saying it looks great even though I'd rather that than state the density is lacking,  this is incremental progress at best. Certainly a lot of grafts seem to have been wasted.

What's your plan? Donor looks alright still, do you have much facial hair?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HHH said:

Agreed,  with the right planning, 5k for front and mid scalp and 2-3 for crown should leave a patient happy.

As you've said, and I don't see the point in leaving a comment saying it looks great even though I'd rather that than state the density is lacking,  this is incremental progress at best. Certainly a lot of grafts seem to have been wasted.

What's your plan? Donor looks alright still, do you have much facial hair?

I’m going to wait until 12 months and go from there.

my bears isn’t great but lots under my chin so could use them if I need to.

at 12 months I will see where I am and look to consult with 1 or 2 alternative experienced surgeons for their views and thoughts I think

• Like 1

For a large areas from hairline to scalp, I must say the result you have thusfar is to be expected but a bit better than what I would have guessed. Its a very large area to cover and only 4817 grafts were used. A lot of people get your result with 2-2.5k on the whole frontal midscalp (perhaps with a bit more density) but overall you seem to have covered a lot.

I would say this is a successful natural looking procedure. Also, no matter what type of reality you expected it could have always been better because we always hold ourselves to a higher standard.

From the start to present I think you are in a better position with how everything grew in. 

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

I’m definitely in a better position than starting point that’s for sure and I’m in no way saying my result is terrible, just that I believe the hairline should be denser, especially as the second procedure was specifically to address the lack of density on the front.

I agree that we would always want more, but I don’t believe I’m being unrealistic in expecting a fuller hairline after 2 surgeries and one to specifically address the front.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
3 hours ago, Classygentleman said:

2 weeks short of 12 month update:

Looking back compared to where I was pre-surgery, I’m in a much better position 

783935BD-C1B7-4C34-9751-D76A142DCFD6.jpeg

FB93696B-8D61-42F7-9BCD-2FD915EA8E1D.jpeg

3228963D-6538-4C0D-9DF9-FBAAC0D945CE.jpeg

19B0D211-FC43-4170-B84B-3EB79F3F677E.jpeg

29A4FA97-667F-4EED-80A6-7AC15FA241A9.jpeg

1371ED02-3C94-427D-9C00-3C31F62DFF6B.jpeg

10F527AD-3C8F-4C68-A52E-D1BD941094C6.jpeg

151196EA-ADAC-4F1A-BDD8-1F5E3A820C3F.jpeg

0D279493-25B6-4D37-B5F6-CB01C8CECF44.jpeg

4BE17025-DFE9-4EE8-BD95-FA4B5F3AB326.jpeg

BB3A594A-BEB6-40B6-BAE6-D07B6B82DB93.jpeg

ED7F1350-83FA-4AB4-85B9-CE9A34787E6F.jpeg

6FEA696B-7220-4C4C-AC9E-2BBB350DF839.jpeg

12C86E76-3738-4CBB-BE78-6EFDF97F124D.jpeg

42C5895F-9B45-4D8E-A0C2-40A4E5DCBE44.jpeg

1AE0644F-EF87-49B9-81C0-100D82BD97C3.jpeg

You gotta give yourself some credit, that’s a pretty huge difference. Very happy for you 🙏

• Thanks 1

View my thread

Massive transformation, this is yet another example that patience is a must and that ht does in fact need full year in many patients to show full potential. I really think we need to retire the notion that “by 6 months you get the final result”. We all grow at different rate, i myself had early growth in first 4 months then slowed down, but i am aware this is a journey & prepared to wait full year, and so should everyone else😎. Captaincalico also had early growth til month 4 then he said it slowed a bit but then got excellent result.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, civic said:

Massive transformation, this is yet another example that patience is a must and that ht does in fact need full year in many patients to show full potential. I really think we need to retire the notion that “by 6 months you get the final result”. We all grow at different rate, i myself had early growth in first 4 months then slowed down, but i am aware this is a journey & prepared to wait full year, and so should everyone else😎. Captaincalico also had early growth til month 4 then he said it slowed a bit but then got excellent result.

I needed to hear this. I know how the process works. But its always difficult when people understand the process but think differently because "they are" involved.

When other subjective opinions hit its hard to swallow but much needed. I agree with what civic says. Take your time, distract yourself with life and move forward. Regardless of the outcome you will need time to see the final result whether its successful or not you cannot change whats done.

• Like 2

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

22 minutes ago, Vann said:

I needed to hear this. I know how the process works. But its always difficult when people understand the process but think differently because "they are" involved.

When other subjective opinions hit its hard to swallow but much needed. I agree with what civic says. Take your time, distract yourself with life and move forward. Regardless of the outcome you will need time to see the final result whether its successful or not you cannot change whats done.

Exactly right. Don’t let anyone discourage you that results should be by 6 minths. I knew what i signed up for before ht that it was a 12 month process but somehow let a troll in my thread get to me to the point that i texted my doc asking if i look ok for 5 months, he most likely thought “ son, iz u crazy? Its only been 5 months! 😂

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2021 at 9:28 AM, Classygentleman said:

6 month update.

Progress is happening- I’ve spoken with the Dr and they advise that most growth usually happens from 6 months onwards so am hoping it now gets really exciting!

(Frustrating when you see others with almost full results at 6 months, but I get that everyone is different)

Crown is starting to fill in but also appreciative of the fact this takes much longer.

I would welcome honest feedback from others as to how it’s progressing- positive or negative.

I've attached pics with and without product (just hair gel- no fibres or concealer) to give a full picture as to where I currently am.

480CD409-50CC-4F34-82C4-EB40A8E7AD7C.jpeg

ED193410-3202-4D2D-8F49-873499967B1A.jpeg

748C6FB7-CF4F-4E48-8B7E-99E17B5D8729.jpeg

A76F301D-AAE9-4C5F-9ED0-35CBEADCEDC2.jpeg

2B3A7F95-FC20-465E-8DEF-BE085030B2C9.jpeg

4826C30B-47AE-413F-97C9-B9BE9ED684A5.jpeg

EF45D310-2A5A-430B-930D-CC4FA3AB1F11.jpeg

D659280D-A08D-4734-A577-1F48ABD30290.jpeg

F0DF414D-41C7-4835-89DB-30FE16D10EA9.jpeg

443B6830-0932-4FCF-942D-898E0B7A3942.jpeg

A353575C-D999-4227-9222-ED406D2F7D4D.jpeg

8ADD4FE8-F536-4079-997F-7B3FCCA35BB7.jpeg

D195609C-3176-4696-914E-38E11B5105B0.jpeg

You have made noticeable progress from the start point, especially in the crown.

I see people referring to your 6 month update.

It's hard to be objective on your progress between 6 - 12 months with wet and dry hair.

Could you replicate the 6 month photos, with wet hair, like for like?

• 10 months later...
On 10/1/2022 at 12:39 PM, Classygentleman said:

I’m definitely in a better position than starting point that’s for sure and I’m in no way saying my result is terrible, just that I believe the hairline should be denser, especially as the second procedure was specifically to address the lack of density on the front.

I agree that we would always want more, but I don’t believe I’m being unrealistic in expecting a fuller hairline after 2 surgeries and one to specifically address the front.

I'm not sure if you're coming back, but if you do let us know if any further procedures.