Dr Arshad- The Hair Dr 4,817 FUE

3 hours ago, londonhairlossvictim said:

Really strange I did a FUE with them 2.5 months back, so far so good from my side. I will update my thread of course at the 6 months mark etc

What's strange? You look to be coming along well with seemingly early regrowth, and I think you'll be just fine, but as Curious says above: 2.5 months is not indicative of any result, good or bad, as it's far too early to judge.

More than this though, no one is saying that every result from the Hair Dr is a failure - he certainly has some decent outcomes - just that there are a fairly significant number of people who are either at or approaching the 12 month mark who went to this clinic and don't have even 'acceptable' levels of growth. 

It's not an attack on the clinic or any of the patients who have chosen to go there, pretty much all of us here on the forum always root for others to have success regardless of where they went, but by the same token that we do that, it needs to be called out when there is an objectively negative trend in a given clinics results so that people are aware of what they're getting into. Especially so when it's a recommended clinic and people may just choose them based off the strength of this fact and not even be aware of these cases that may have otherwise meant they'd look elsewhere. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, JDEE0 said:

What's strange? You look to be coming along well with seemingly early regrowth, and I think you'll be just fine, but as Curious says above: 2.5 months is not indicative of any result, good or bad, as it's far too early to judge.

More than this though, no one is saying that every result from the Hair Dr is a failure - he certainly has some decent outcomes - just that there are a fairly significant number of people who are either at or approaching the 12 month mark who went to this clinic and don't have even 'acceptable' levels of growth. 

It's not an attack on the clinic or any of the patients who have chosen to go there, pretty much all of us here on the forum always root for others to have success regardless of where they went, but by the same token that we do that, it needs to be called out when there is an objectively negative trend in a given clinics results so that people are aware of what they're getting into. Especially so when it's a recommended clinic and people may just choose them based off the strength of this fact and not even be aware of these cases that may have otherwise meant they'd look elsewhere. 

Now you guys got me scared too 😜

Yes I can say myself I chose that clinic specifically for the reviews I saw on this forum which were very positive and also their google reviews are very good. That was how i made my decision.

I understand you guys point also what your saying and meaning.
I Hope the OP finds a solution to this, no one would want to be in his shoes. After I had my first and 1 FUE, I really don't want to do it again. I don't like the idea of shaving my head off and the waiting time for it to regrow and then on top of that the waiting time to regrow new hairs, this was really a one time thing for me personally. 

Let's hope OP finds a solution and the underlying cause why this underperformed.

Out of curiosity, a case like this of the OP why could this happen to someone? Could it be a scalp or an underlying health problem? Something that the clinic wouldn't normally check, eg. I never had a "scalp examination" before mine. Would it really be the clinics fault or is it something out of their control and to do with the patients health?

I definitely did take the pics in harsh conditions- brushed back, wet and in bright light but this was to replicate the conditions of the before pictures to give an accurate comparison for completeness.

I have had growth and there is an improvement but certainly not to the extent I would have expected.

Before and after pic attached in the same angle/ lighting to show where I was and where I currently am.

I’m genuinely at odds as to how to move forward. The clinic have again reiterated their desire to make this right so I am in no way slating the clinics attitude as I’m sure many clinics would simply stop responding to me, so no issues with the aftercare whatsoever. They have acknowledged things aren’t where they should be- which is pretty clear, but they do want to make it right for me, which I respect.

@Melvin- Moderator, I’m reaching out to you for your advice and thoughts as you are someone who’s opinion I respect based on your knowledge and experience on the forum. (Happy to speak via PM if you prefer)

Thanks in advance 

C3F35120-45FD-46BD-B119-25D97CA6A737.jpeg

Edited by Classygentleman
Spelling

@ClassygentlemanSo sorry to see this didn’t work out for you. Just to find out what could have possibly happened here then I would be looking at a scalp examination/biopsy. It would be prudent to find out if anything could have affected your growth. Definitely be careful going ahead with another ht, you need to ensure you have done all you can before using anymore valuable grafts ! 
For your case I wouldn’t be going back to the same Dr/Clinic. Something has stopped you getting a good result, exactly what we don’t know at this point. 
Whilst the crown is looking a little bit better, one side of your hairline actually seems to have declined. Ok so it’s good the clinic has offered after care and assistance, but on the other had we don’t know that those 1k or so grafts will A) Be enough (doubtful) B) Grow any better than your first ht

• Administrators

@Classygentleman

The last few pictures you presented are in very harsh conditions. I don't think it would be fair to cast judgement on the results in those conditions. I can make my hair look the same. That is why I created this thread. That said, I'm not saying you shouldn't want more. I will send you a private message, hopefully we can chat on the phone. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks Melvin.

I absolutely appreciate that my pictures are taken in harsh lighting, I did this to try to replicate the pictures taken at the clinic pre-surgery. I have also included some pictures in more normal lighting to give a fair and balanced view. I look forward to speaking with you, thank you once again for your help

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2021 at 6:48 PM, Classygentleman said:

Yes, there was an irritation on the scalp but not something that should’ve affected the result having spoken to others.

I’m unsure why density is lacking, there are a few of us in the same boat at the moment.

I do wonder whether or not it has anything to do with technicians on the day or potentially the size of the procedure- It could be neither of those two things however at this stage lots of things go through your mind.

The clinic have been good so far, I’ve received two PRP sessions and I have been offered a top up procedure if I’m not entirely happy.
I am however concerned with what happens if I go to the same surgeon and get poor results from the top up procedure? I am then left with less options for the future.

having said that, the doctor has managed to get great results for others so in theory, there should be no reason he is unable to achieve identity I’m looking for for the top up.

The doctor thinks it may take around 500 grafts to achieve the level of density required, that feels low to me though?

I would highly highly recommend not to go for a “fix-up” with a surgeon that didn’t get it right the first time. Even if it’s cheap or free. Donor hair is finite and there’s a host of other reasons to not return - find the right clinic whenever finances allow it and I’m sure they will be able to help get the result you wanted and deserved.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, JC71 said:

@ClassygentlemanHows yourself ? With all of the Dr Arshad discussions happening I wondered about your good self. 

I’m good thanks and have been watching all of the threads with interest.

I can only (fairly) comment on my case.

As documented in this thread, my results are clearly below expectations.

The clinic have acknowledged this and whilst the initial result isn’t good, they have been supportive in aftercare- we tried PRP to improve things but it made no difference so was offered another surgery to improve things- the clinic were in agreement that the result was not of the level they want for their patients.

After speaking with the clinic at length I agreed for a 2nd smaller surgery of around 700 grafts to improve things.

This was done in Dec and will I be documenting the results on here after the first month. 

I had concerns going back for fear of another poor result but based on the fact things would be done differently this time, I put my trust in them- only time will tell how things pan out.

They also carried out a scalp biopsy to help rule out anything that may hinder growth.

Given the surgery was smaller, the grafts were out of the body less time, I believe a different holding solution was used (but may be wrong) however I was given HypoThermosol to spray on the grafts post surgery in addition to the standard saline solution.

Dr Arshad did all punching, extractions and implanted the first row of hairs.

I was also given PRP and a steroid injection to help with anti inflammatory response as during a follow up session they completed a dermatoscopy and this showed redness on the scalp  suggestive of an inflammatory process such as post hair transplant lichen planopilaris (in which redness and scaling around the follicle can be a feature).

In summary, aftercare has been great and I feel like they are trying hard to get me the results I expected first time around.

Time will tell if this was the right decision but based on the fact things were done differently second time around I am hopeful for a different result.

Edited by Classygentleman
Spelling
  • Like 5

On 11/28/2021 at 1:10 PM, JDEE0 said:

I have to be honest for your sake here. There have been an alarming number of cases with poor growth from Arshad in the past year or so, especially if you go and look at on the UK forum. This has been said before, and it's been brushed off previously as many hadn't finished growing at that point, but its now been 12+ months for most of them, and they have had similar outcomes to yourself.

It's clear as day to me that the something is not right with the clinic - don't go back. I mean, even their plan of 1000 grafts sounds like an approach that isn't going to do much to make you happy in another years time.

Anyway, you don't have many grafts left now. I really would urge you to go to Europe and see a better doctor.

Do u have a link to these posts on the other forum please ?

10 minutes ago, Hair we go said:

Sorry to hear things aren't going too well, 6 months is still fairly early though, but still if you've had really no growth at all at this stage then it's unlikely to change very much or at least end up to your liking.

I'm not allowed to post outside links on here, and honestly I don't want to start posting loads of links to bash Arshad as if I'm out to get him or something, so just search on here and the UK forum 'Hair Dr' or 'Arshad' and sort by content title only - you will be given all the threads people have posted, just look through each one and you'll find them, they're not hard to miss.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hair we go said:

Cheers i understand that 

Is the uk forum just the same adress as this one but co.uk instead of com?

it's called

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed name of other forum
  • Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Hair we go said:

We do not allow links from other forums.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

10 hours ago, Hair we go said:

Im gonna give it time see how it goes it id early days i was just hoping for something at least by now

@Hair we go It would be great to see your results so far.
there are some very experienced members on this forum who will be able to give you an idea of how things are going.

6 months is a good amount of time to put up progress pics, you absolutely should be seeing some difference at 6 months, but certainly still plenty of time for growth and won’t be the end result 

can you post some pics in a thread?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jon Goodall said:

Very pleased for you, he's done a superb procedure for you and you look on track. I had my procedure at the Hair Dr and it's going great at 8.5 months. Just sit back and stay patient, it'll come 🤩

Which post are you referring to?

• 2 months later...