Dr Arshad- The Hair Dr 4,817 FUE

Background:
37 years old & have been suffering MPB gradually since around 25years old.

I have spent the last 2 years religiously reading various forums to gain an insight into hair restoration.

I was initially hesitant to have a procedure in the UK as I have read so many posts advising that the UK just isn’t on a par with Dr’s in Europe.
I planned to to Brussels and have the procedure done by Dr Bisanga- consulted with him and his assistant, Hilde, who were fantastic and very helpful.....Then Borris told us all we couldn’t leave the UK!

I was keen to have the work done during lockdown.2 as it’s easier to hide away during the recovery stage- however this would not compromise my priority of quality. 

Price was never a deciding factor for me.
Neither were ‘celebrity’ endorsed clinics or clinics with fancy Instagram accounts and clever marketing

I then started to read and see numerous positive results and feedback for the Hair Dr on various forums.

These were real people posting on forums, not pictures posted on social media adverts. 
So I thank all that have posted on here and other forums. (This is why I’ve decided to post myself, hopefully it will help someone else)

I booked an initial call to get a feel for them and was impressed from the start- very informative, and not at all sales driven.
This professionalism was consistent with every call and interaction I had - so based on my research, the answers they gave me and a general gut feeling I booked my surgery.

Day of Surgery:
Arrival 7am, greeted by Adam who made me feel welcome and was a professional in person as he has been on my calls.

I met with Dr Arshad and Dr Hamza where we discussed the hairline and result I wanted to achieve.

Dr Arshad took his time here and changed the design a few times to ensure it was right for my features.  

Then I had my hair shaved and went down to surgery.

Dr Hamza injected me with the anaesthetic- there is no getting around this, it’s not pleasant and does hurt but the pain soon goes and Dr Hamza was great.

Dr Arshad then used a .8 punch to punch the grafts, this was pain free (but a strange experience) and took a few hours.

Next the technicians removed the grafts, and separated them.

This took a few hours, and I think they were also doing this whilst Dr A was punching.
I did take a break for lunch at some point- kindly provided by the clinic.

I had initially planned to have 4000 grafts, however Dr Arshad advised that I had a good donor area and managed to get 4,817 grafts.
Singles- 971
Doubles- 2,531
Triples- 1,319

Dr Hamza prepared me for the incisions by administering more anaesthetic, again a bit painful but he was great- this was not unexpected and an unavoidable part of the process.

Dr Arshad then made all the incisions, adding more anaesthetic when required!
No real pain during this process.

The technicians then implanted the hairs- this was the longest part of the day- maybe 6/7 hours but was pain free and I simply watched Netflix.
They were great and made sure I was ok at all times.

Dr Arshad checked in a number of times during this stage, as did Julia (who was also great during the day)

Finished up at around 20:30ish when Dr Arshad checked the work to ensure he was happy.

He ave me a de-brief and talked me through the meds and after care process.
Nice easy to follow instructions on a chart so I can easily keep track.

Back to the hotel by 21:30, where I slept surprisingly well!

Hotel was recommended by the clinic and even had a discount code provided to me.

In summary, my experience has been great right from the initial call.

Whilst it’s far too early to judge the outcome of the procedure, so far I have only good things to say about the clinic and all the staff I met throughout the day.

I’ve looked at 100’s of results online (as I’m sure many of us do as we obsessively research clinics and results!) and I think things are looking good, but would of course appreciate any feedback from you gentlemen.

Pics of pre and post surgery attached

A7A88F8A-5405-44A6-ABDC-CE69D197024B.jpeg

B9858947-9B50-4A19-89B6-DFB71B3890EB.jpeg

FEB5A529-F9FE-476A-80C1-8BAB7F96D10C.jpeg

55F39D00-BAEF-4574-82E9-7FCFF02B8FF2.jpeg

3F9341B1-2872-429C-A3E3-ADDCCB50C2E1.jpeg

• Administrators

Nice will be following your progress closely, happy growing 👍🏼

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just did my first wash at day 7 as per Dr’s advice. 
pics attached.

I’m expecting to shed so not overly concerned, more looking for reassurance I think, but I did note one of the hairs that came out looks like a graft- no blood whatsoever, and I’m sure this is normal but would appreciate any input.

many thanks

3D465058-D4FF-49BF-8046-0EA77D0C22AF.jpeg

BD79BCE4-F7D8-4016-B97B-20EEB28BB5BD.jpeg

87808655-03BD-4D89-92AE-64F8A0AD6262.jpeg

38062111-79E6-4AB0-8338-D5EF072586C0.jpeg

10 days post op.
Now had 3 washes.

I am Noticing hairs coming out when washing with the scabs, but this is to be expected.

Some minor remains of scabs on recipient area, but most scabs have gone and starting to look normal (ish)

I would welcome any thoughts from those in the know.

Everything is as it should be at this stage?

9D517BC2-FB1C-44DC-AC7F-42A88C808604.jpeg

DEFC9055-BA1C-48A8-A5CF-517980E20C99.jpeg

0D2FA39C-FFB8-4A8D-8AC5-7AE386DBD7D1.jpeg

4960ACF4-9BB5-4DB2-833B-C2AA572D588E.jpeg

86F93DA0-CEC7-4AD7-8057-BD2E32A346DC.jpeg

9 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

After day 10 then yes you can be firmer whilst massaging the scabs. Are you doing this underwater? 

I’m using a jug of water and slowly pouring over my head as opposed to using the shower head. Again, this was for fear that the shower may be too powerful 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Classygentleman said:

I’m using a jug of water and slowly pouring over my head as opposed to using the shower head. Again, this was for fear that the shower may be too powerful 

Most Clinics say normal showers after 14 days post op.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Looking good, you maybe wanna soak conditioner into your scalp for a bit to get the crust off.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looks right on point for 1 month. Keep up with the sebamed and you could always change to baby shampoo if you find your scalp getting too dry. Good luck with the ugly duckling stage. Hope it passes quickly. I'm 4 weeks ahead of you and this is the worst part but after this stage its happy growing 🤞

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...