Advise on options

Hi Everybody 

Just looking for some advise as I know this forum is brutally honest haha.

Just to start, I have always had a shaved head, even when I had hair and if I do decide to do any treatments I will still plan on having a shaved head, maybe just a little longer on top (still shaved to almost 0 on back and sides).

Second, I am realistic, I am not expecting a full head of hair.

But I got curious to see what (if anything I could do), so I asked around a few clinics, discrediting the ones who said they can cover full head and get 6k grafts from donor site on scalp as they are clearly not credible.

That left me with quotes of between 3k and 4.5k to cover up to 2/3 of the head, not covering Crown. This would involve head and beard (plus some very dense chest hair if it helps). All from surgeons in Turkey.

Questions are .

1) do you think that is feasible or is even the lower numbers ambitious?

2) if I plan to have back and sides shaved to close to 0 anyway, what is the risk with over harvesting? Is worst case not just going back to where I am anyway (with zero all over). Fyi attached pics are after 2 weeks growth just to assess donor area, normally fully shaved.

3. Would scalp micropigmentation on the crown area be an option in addition to FUE on the front areas?

Thanks in advance.

Paul 

IMG_20201104_143656.jpg

IMG_20201104_143639.jpg

IMG_20201104_143621.jpg

IMG_20201104_143541.jpg

Looking at your donor area it does not look that strong to me. If you have your hair really short your going to notice the FUE scarring. And yes maybe risk of over harvesting too.

Who are the Drs/Clinics you have been consulting with? In your position I would look at SMP more than hair transplants.
And get a opinion from Eugenix who do amazing work on high Norwoods. As your probably aware chest hair can be used but the yield is not as high as Beard grafts.

Im sure if your realistic in your approach you could get a result your happy with.

@Gatsbyhas had some amazing SMP work done. And @Zoomster has had a fantastic transformation from a high Norwood from Eugenix.

Eugenix is in India yes. Worth waiting for and travelling too though. So many excellent results with the higher Norwood levels. And really good with BHT.

Bicer is doing some good work. I like the fact they only do one patient per day and the Dr is fully involved.

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 1

You can check out @Swill's thread:
https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/54601-dr-feriduni-4740-grafts-and-aftercare/

He had the exact same outcome you are looking for. Buzz cut even after HT. IMO his results look great. Here's the official thread by the doctor's staff if you are interested

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/58209-repair-case-performed-by-dr-feriduni-%E2%80%93-7495-fu-in-2-procedures/

There are some other results as well with buzz cut outcome. I think it was Dr Bisanga who posted these results but I am not entirely sure.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zen1987 said:

The 3 I have narrower to are 

1) Dr Özlem Biçer Clinic 

2) Dr Hakan Dogonay (AHD clinic)

3) Dr Ahmed Altan (Aestepool clinic)

Where is equinox, I thought that is in India?

Dr Hakan Dogonay was kicked out of HRN and besides several botched results some patients reported he was real-using needles.

Turkey is the world capital of botched hair transplants so you are setting yourself up for failure.

if you want cheap book Eugenix Compreensive&Exclusive package at 1.39€/graft. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

Dr Hakan Dogonay was kicked out of HRN and besides several botched results some patients reported he was real-using needles.

Turkey is the world capital of botched hair transplants so you are setting yourself up for failure.

if you want cheap book Eugenix Compreensive&Exclusive package at 1.39€/graft. 

Thanks for the info..there must be some good ones in Turkey??

I can't seem to find the Eugenix package you mention on their site?

• Administrators

What are your expectations? Before you even think about surgery, you need to have realistic expectations.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

25 minutes ago, Zen1987 said:

Thanks for the info..there must be some good ones in Turkey??

I can't seem to find the Eugenix package you mention on their site?

There’s only 1 safe option in Turkey and that’s HLC at 2.5€/graft.

Pekiner is great but aborts surgeries if he finds miniaturized hairs.

Kesser has some amazing hairlines but does surgeries without using a microscope and is a recluse of the international HT world.

Never consider results found on social media or clinic website the only results that count are the ones posted by real patients over the course of several months of growth after their HT. The rest is fake advertising or cherry picked results. 

I made a list comparing techniques/ Doctor involvement during surgery and price. I included the best Doctors in the field but there still a few elite US Docs missing and Dr. Rahal. Will keep updating this list. 

313F1C03-99AD-4BB6-91C9-EC55D5128076.jpeg

Edited by Portugal25

8 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

There’s only 1 safe option in Turkey and that’s HLC at 2.5€/graft.

Pekiner is great but aborts surgeries if he finds miniaturized hairs.

Kesser has some amazing hairlines but does surgeries without using a microscope and is a recluse of the international HT world.

Never consider results found on social media or clinic website the only results that count are the ones posted by real patients over the course of several months of growth after their HT. The rest is fake advertising or cherry picked results. 

I made a list comparing techniques/ Doctor involvement during surgery and price. I included the best Doctors in the field but there still a few elite US Docs missing and Dr. Rahal. Will keep updating this list. 

313F1C03-99AD-4BB6-91C9-EC55D5128076.jpeg

Wow, comprehensive table. Just to check, Dr. Arika harvest from beard any grafts if needed / if suitable?

3 hours ago, Zen1987 said:

Wow, comprehensive table. Just to check, Dr. Arika harvest from beard any grafts if needed / if suitable?

In my opinion, Eugenix, HLC and Pekiner are the best in the world for BHT so yes Dr. Arika does use BHT if you need it to add density.

Actually in your case considering you are a NW7 I highly advise you to chose  FUT with Dr. Muresanu at Hattingen Clinic because they are the Kings of FUT megasessions (along with H&W) there`s a guy on HRN that had over 8000 grats with Dr. Muresanu in just 1 surgery which is pretty much the amount you will also be requiring.

The other option would be Eugenix because they are the best in the world for FUE mega sessions to restore the hairline on high norwoods but FUE would give as much yield in one session as FUT.

Edited by Portugal25

If you are already buzzing it down and plan on keeping it very short, including close to 0 on the sides maybe strategically transplant some around the top to help give a 3d effect to SMP. Or just don't even bother with SMP at all and keep your head shaved down and grow your beard out, that can be a really good combo.

And its extremely low maintenance which is heaven to any guy that has struggled for years with getting transplants and using concealers to achieve the illusion of a full head of hair.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Zen1987 said:

Thanks for all your advice, I have decided to just embrace and be thankful I have a beard and right shaped head for a shaved head.

IMG_20201106_192031.jpg

Great choice, you looks great with a shaved head man 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

24 minutes ago, Zen1987 said:

Thanks for all your advice, I have decided to just embrace and be thankful I have a beard and right shaped head for a shaved head.

IMG_20201106_192031.jpg

A truly sensable choice. 

I agree, good decision, you have a great proportional head shape, ears that stay close to your head throughout their lengths, well defined facial features in the eye/eye brow/nose area, and rounded out with a nice beard along the bottom. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2020 at 10:18 PM, Zen1987 said:

IMG_20201106_192031.jpg

I took a similar choice (but I had more hairs than you lol) and my mother said "hairs make appear everybody nicer...get your HT!"
now I'm super happy...

I think you made the very right choice. 

You have the facial features, the facial hair (I would be happy with half the beard^^) and the right style to pull off the "shaven look" IMO. And I do not say this often. Considering all this and and your current status/age, I think a HT would be a very poor risk to benefit ratio in your particular case. 

Congratulations for this step. This choice was much better than you initial clinic choices as well 😉

9 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

I think you made the very right choice. 

You have the facial features, the facial hair (I would be happy with half the beard^^) and the right style to pull off the "shaven look" IMO

@Gasthoerer so refreshing seeing positivity around simply shaving one's head on this forum lol. It would be hypocritical of me to say I would be ok myself with a shaved head, but the older I get (currently 31) the more I see there's nothing wrong with rocking the bald look.