Is this a stretched FUT scar or shock loss around the area?

Hello,

As the title says, does this look like a stretched scar or is it because of shock loss? I feel the scar around the back of my head is wider than the sides and its freaking me out. Its been one month since I got my FUT done. And I dont think Ive done anything to really stretch it. I haven't lifted any weights or worked out.

Let me know what you guys think.

IMG_3726.jpg

IMG_3727.jpg

IMG_3728.jpg

Yea looks like some shockloss, worse case could be permanent but give it some time donor hair is the most resilient and should be back in 6-8 mos or less. Did the doctor do a trichophytic closure so that some of your donor hairs grow directly through the scar?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Yea looks like shock loss, when did you have surgery?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, naakmuka said:

@Melvin-Moderator - I am currently in Week 7 Post-Op.

Oh ok, so not even two months yet. The incision is still healing, the hair above and below it is most likely shocked. Give it a few more months, and remember do not put any tension on the scar.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Definitely looks like shock loss to me.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

The scar itself looks good.  Looks like shock loss, if its temporary in another year it will be gone.  Think of shock loss like a divorce.  Your wife of many years says she wants divorce, then takes half your money.  In the long run you'll get over it but it wont happen overnight.  I am recovering from my second procedure now and the only thing I am certain of is if it involves hair regrowth it happens  (VERY, VERY, SLOWLY).  I think Tom Petty sang it in a  song lyric "waiting is the hardest part"!