Dr. Konior 1600ish graft Session 10/07/20 28yr old

25 minutes ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Don't worry man you look great, we all still wish we had your hair :P

Hey man,  

Thanks! I’m definitely not trying to sound ungrateful, but if you go back to my before surgery pics, I was able to easily disguise my hair loss. Now shaved, there is no disguise. Will just try to be patient and not think about it.

Sorry all, not trying to compare my situation to anyone else’s.

1 hour ago, MagnificentAl said:

Hey man,  

Thanks! I’m definitely not trying to sound ungrateful, but if you go back to my before surgery pics, I was able to easily disguise my hair loss. Now shaved, there is no disguise. Will just try to be patient and not think about it.

Sorry all, not trying to compare my situation to anyone else’s.

No problem man, we're all fighting our own battles. Just saying what you're going through right now is totally normal and expected, and that you don't even look bad!

I'm curious what it'll look like if you continue to buzz your hair. Don't feel like growing it out to cover the area?

Sooner you start the downhill slide, the sooner you rebound from it. The important thing is the work is outstanding as it lays the foundation for your ultimate result. In that capacity, everything looks great!

I just bought one of these selfie sticks. Look into getting one. Seems to be $2 off right now. I'll write about it in my next post.

44 minutes ago, giegnosiganoe said:

No problem man, we're all fighting our own battles. Just saying what you're going through right now is totally normal and expected, and that you don't even look bad!

I'm curious what it'll look like if you continue to buzz your hair. Don't feel like growing it out to cover the area?

I could grow it out but in order to achieve that blended look I’d have to grow it out for probably 4 months. But, I’m not sure if I can wait that long.

30 minutes ago, jimcraig152 said:

Sooner you start the downhill slide, the sooner you rebound from it. The important thing is the work is outstanding as it lays the foundation for your ultimate result. In that capacity, everything looks great!

I just bought one of these selfie sticks. Look into getting one. Seems to be $2 off right now. I'll write about it in my next post.

Thanks man, was just surprised it started so soon. But I always knew that. I guess I was denial. I’ll be looking forward to your update!

The ugly duckling stage is tough but keep in mind no one is paying attention to your hair as much as you are. Hang in there for a few months and you're going to start feeling great -- the hairline design looks excellent

2 hours ago, RecessionProof said:

The ugly duckling stage is tough but keep in mind no one is paying attention to your hair as much as you are. Hang in there for a few months and you're going to start feeling great -- the hairline design looks excellent

Thanks boss, 

I’m hoping to get similar results to yours 🙇‍♂️ 

19 hours ago, giegnosiganoe said:

@MagnificentAl, do you know if Dr Konior made all of the FUE slits and then implanted all of the grafts, or did he make a slit and then immediately implant a graft (one by one)?

Hey,  good question. I honestly don’t know, I was really gone during my surgery, but I can ask next time I talk to him.

Your donor looks untouched. Just amazing that Dr. Konior can extract from a donor and it looks immaculate less than 3 weeks after. It's a testament that he cares as much if not more about your donor than your recipient. Your recipient seems to be where it is expected at this point. I always had a huge shed from week 3 to 4. Then by 5-6 weeks it was all gone for all my transplants. You look right on track so don't get discouraged by the next couple weeks. My advice would be to grow it all out. The sides along with the top. When it gets long enough on top you can push it forward to help conceal the recipient area. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

1 hour ago, MagnificentAl said:

Day 21 update. Really downhill from here. I also gave myself a terrible shave since I didn’t want to get close to the implanted areas.

Oh my goodness I hope your excellent barber hasn't seen this self haircut! :D

It being your first transplant I understand wanting to be extra cautious, but its been 21 days. The grafts are secure by day 10, then another 7-10 days to be extra safe. I've gotten haircuts on the 2nd~3rd week after my procedures and never had any issues.

It will get worse :).

I shaved everything down to a 1/2 guard at the end of the 6th week. The hairs in the recipient are were growing so slowly that it looked really weird. It was the first time in my life I sported a buzz cut/shaved head and was a quite liberating. I descended through two more weeks of the ugly duckling stage, then started to rebound from it. I will say for me, the decision to shave the hair down at the 6th week worked out nicely. Once the transplanted hair started growing in, they were only 2 weeks behind in growth from my natural hair and now it looks like I just have a buzz cut. Had I left it alone, I think it would have looked goofy. A lot like how Tom Brady looked like when his hair transplant was growing back in:

C3d_EvRWcAAD6KB.thumb.jpg.10753f22ec36c7687b9fe32f5c319bb3.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jimcraig152 said:

A lot like how Tom Brady looked like when his hair transplant was growing back in:

Looks like Mr Brady gave himself a scissor haircut there, even more bold than a self buzzcut! :D

• Like 1

Recipient looks as expected at this stage:  miserable. But the donor on the other hand............wins the "Like a Virgin" Grand Prize. As funny as that sounds, it is the highest order of praise one can receive for FUE donor work.

trophy.png.b06f1cfa1603ab650a8791e42275b636.png

Edited by jimcraig152
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1