Dr. Konior 1600ish graft Session 10/07/20 28yr old

Time flies.  For some reason I thought you were at month 5.  Look's great.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• Administrators

@MagnificentAl

So glad you came back and posted. You seemed a little worried in the beginning there, especially with all the nonsense posted earlier. End of the day, the results will reveal the truth. Happy for you 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Time does indeed fly... which is why no one should ever be concerned about a year long wait list for Dr. K.  It's well worth the wait.  Congrats @MagnificentAl on a tremendous result!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

15 hours ago, MagnificentAl said:

Had just turned 28.

Great result! Enjoy it! Life changing. 

Btw in your original post you said you were going to get your Keloid removed. Have you started that procedure? I also have a similar issue. 

8 hours ago, stephcurry30 said:

Great result! Enjoy it! Life changing. 

Btw in your original post you said you were going to get your Keloid removed. Have you started that procedure? I also have a similar issue. 

Thanks! I am currently in treatment for it, two more steroid shots and then I’ll have to get surgery to remove it for good.

On 11/13/2020 at 3:22 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

So basically one side. 

You just said what I said in another thread, except this time it's a surgeon you respect. I have never said that it is standard practice. I haven't appointed myself the authority on surgical and industry standards. In fact, I have always said that there is no one-size-fits-all for surgery. That includes the notion of a so-called "universal safe zone" when I met with Dr. Konior back in August 2018, he took a look my donor, and he said he could take hair from my nape. He saw no miniaturization there, conventional so-called 'industry standards' would dictate that this is a no-no. Is that being negligent? No, it's looking at a case individually.

Dr. Hasson is often criticized for taking the strip high up near the lateral humps. For the life of me, I don't understand how people don't realize that everyone is different. For some, that could be problematic, for others it won't. Things need to be looked at on a case-by-case basis. Do we all have the same balding pattern? No. Will we all end up with the same amount of hair loss? No.

Is it possible that we may not know everything? I'm directing this to the entire community. Are we open to learning, are we able to be objective without inserting inherent biases. It's damn hard to do, I know. But we all benefit if we do.

Dr Bisanga took almost all of my circa 2k grafts from one side. No idea if this is normal practice. I seem to recall him saying that it would leave the other side 'virgin' for the next procedure, if necessary. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Wow 🤩 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@MagnificentAl

The work looks phenomenal. I bet you are more than pleased.

Quick question:

I have a surgery scheduled with Dr. Konior next month.  Do you have any idea the area by which your hair was transplanted?  The cm2?  

I am only asking as I am trying to gauge the density per cm2 for your result.  If I have anywhere near your density I will be elated. (My hair texture is similar to yours albeit let coarse.)

What an amazing result! It's very difficult to get that type of density with one pass. It's even harder to achieve that density and make it look so natural and soft. Work of art!

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

Just now, stephcurry30 said:

Because of this thread I will be booking a consultation with Dr Konior this fall. I'm in no rush and will wait the 1+ year waitlist because of results like these. Truly amazing!

Some things are worth the wait 👌

• 2 weeks later...