Dr. Konior 1600ish graft Session 10/07/20 28yr old

12 hours ago, ciaus said:

Wow, $50 a week, $200 a month, just in the 5yrs from 23 to 28 that would be $2400 x5 =$12,000!!

Your poor barber is going to have to work some extra years before he can retire all because you just had to get a HT! :D

Ha! I had actually shaved my head completely at like 25 for a year. I just got fed up with the maintenance. My family was not very receptive so I grew my hair back.

1 hour ago, jimcraig152 said:

Can't wait to see the donor pics. Everything else looks spectacular already!

Hey!  I just went through your post! I had a chance to “peek” my donor area today and it looks fine. The extraction areas are closing really well. If they remove my covering tomorrow then I will absolutely posts pictures of my donor area.

Just saw your latest video.

I would be massaging that swelling and trying to work the fluid down the sides of your face instead of your eyelids.  I had a tough time doing that on my first surgery but it did work, but you've gotta keep on it all the time.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

6 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

Just saw your latest video.

I would be massaging that swelling and trying to work the fluid down the sides of your face instead of your eyelids.  I had a tough time doing that on my first surgery but it did work, but you've gotta keep on it all the time.

Thanks! Do you mean start massaging    now or wait until I get more swollen? Did you also use an ice pack?

20 minutes ago, MagnificentAl said:

Thanks! Do you mean start massaging    now or wait until I get more swollen? Did you also use an ice pack?

It may be too late but it looked real close to the top of your eyebrows.

Maybe you can still work the fluid up and to the sides using your first two ✌️ fingers, but it will take time. 

I did use ice packs. 

I had a klingon head for about 5 days but avoided the puffy eyes.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

14 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

It may be too late but it looked real close to the top of your eyebrows.

Maybe you can still work the fluid up and to the sides using your first two ✌️ fingers, but it will take time. 

I did use ice packs. 

I had a klingon head for about 5 days but avoided the puffy eyes.

Ah man!! Thanks I’ll get started on that. Appreciate the heads up.

• Like 1

• MagnificentAl changed the title to Dr. Konior 1600ish graft Session 10/07/20 28yr old

Thx for the update. About your donor area -taking pics would be better than video since you are doing it yourself. You should have a delayed timer option on your camera app -like 2seconds, 5 seconds, etc. I've found 5 seconds gives you a good amount of time to press the button to take the pic and then move the camera into what you think will be a good position -then try to hold it still so it can focus otherwise it will blur. Takes some trial and error of course -helps if you have a hand mirror in your hand that you use to look at yourself over your shoulder at the bathroom mirror -if you use the camera lens on the front of the phone you can see yourself looking at yourself on the phone screen and that can help you position it better too -that probably sounds mind blindingly confusing by reading it, but if you get bored after the games are over give it a try. :D

Also on your healing process, get ready for the itching. Glad to hear you are positioning your neck with towels. You may want to think about restraining your body and hands. Seen a few guys post about waking up the next morning and seeing some blood trails on their head and not realizing that they touched/itched the area during their sleep. For the body try to wedge yourself in with pillows. For the hands -I didn't do this on my own procedures, but I was thinking about ways with stuff you have around the house and I found if you take a smaller hand sized towel, cut an opening in the middle large enough to get most of your two hands together through it, then push your hands through the rest of the way, stretch rip it a little more so that its comfortable around your wrists but doesn't easily slide off over your hands -that will keep your hands together, and then run a cord/string/rope around the towel in between your hands and tie it to the foot of your bed so you have enough slack to move comfortably, but not so much that you can reach all the way up to your head.

And here's an interesting read about when grafts are secure after a hair transplant, some guys agreed to come in and let the doctors pull on a few of the grafts to see how many days it takes for the grafts to be permanent anchored. The 9-10 day range is the magic number, can help give you some piece of mind

https://www.bernsteinmedical.com/research/graft-anchoring-in-hair-transplantation/

Edited by ciaus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, ciaus said:

Thx for the update. About your donor area -taking pics would be better than video since you are doing it yourself. You should have a delayed timer option on your camera app -like 2seconds, 5 seconds, etc. I've found 5 seconds gives you a good amount of time to press the button to take the pic and then move the camera into what you think will be a good position -then try to hold it still so it can focus otherwise it will blur. Takes some trial and error of course -helps if you have a hand mirror in your hand that you use to look at yourself over your shoulder at the bathroom mirror -if you use the camera lens on the front of the phone you can see yourself looking at yourself on the phone screen and that can help you position it better too -that probably sounds mind blindingly confusing by reading it, but if you get bored after the games are over give it a try. :D

Also on your healing process, get ready for the itching. Glad to hear you are positioning your neck with towels. You may want to think about restraining your body and hands. Seen a few guys post about waking up the next morning and seeing some blood trails on their head and not realizing that they touched/itched the area during their sleep. For the body try to wedge yourself in with pillows. For the hands -I didn't do this on my own procedures, but I was thinking about ways with stuff you have around the house and I found if you take a smaller hand sized towel, cut an opening in the middle large enough to get most of your two hands together through it, then push your hands through the rest of the way, stretch rip it a little more so that its comfortable around your wrists but doesn't easily slide off over your hands -that will keep your hands together, and then run a cord/string/rope around the towel in between your hands and tie it to the foot of your bed so you have enough slack to move comfortably, but not so much that you can reach all the way up to your head.

And here's an interesting read about when grafts are secure after a hair transplant, some guys agreed to come in and let the doctors pull on a few of the grafts to see how many days it takes for the grafts to be permanent anchored. The 9-10 day range is the magic number, can help give you some piece of mind

https://www.bernsteinmedical.com/research/graft-anchoring-in-hair-transplantation/

Thanks boss!

I truly appreciate it! I’ll give it a shot. Thanks for the healing tips too!

4 hours ago, ciaus said:

That's a pretty interesting solution to avoid disturbing the grafts during sleep. I'm definitely going to do something similar when I go for my procedure. No way am I taking any risks.

That photo isn't going to document your journey well. Takes practice, but here is what I do. Turn on sounds on your phone so you can hear the shutter sound as you take a photo. With two hands, hold the phone so that the touch screen is facing away from you (the camera on the touch screen side produces inferior pics). Position your index finger as close as possible over the take photo button.  Now raise your arms up and rotate the phone in your wrist so that the camera is pointed towards the back of your head. The top of  the phone will now be pointed away from you towards the floor. Crane your neck forward and tilt the phone so that it has a slight upward angle towards the back of your neck (this is important later as the hair grows back in). Then snap the photo. You might miss the button a few times, but you'll get it. You only need one good shot.

1 hour ago, jimcraig152 said:

That photo isn't going to document your journey well. Takes practice, but here is what I do. Turn on sounds on your phone so you can hear the shutter sound as you take a photo. With two hands, hold the phone so that the touch screen is facing away from you (the camera on the touch screen side produces inferior pics). Position your index finger as close as possible over the take photo button.  Now raise your arms up and rotate the phone in your wrist so that the camera is pointed towards the back of your head. The top of  the phone will now be pointed away from you towards the floor. Crane your neck forward and tilt the phone so that it has a slight upward angle towards the back of your neck (this is important later as the hair grows back in). Then snap the photo. You might miss the button a few times, but you'll get it. You only need one good shot.

Thanks boss!! I’m trying 😅😅

5FEC7EE8-0BD3-47F5-9764-10D501FDF025.jpeg

4C4C4669-3154-42C7-BACF-244C907BA3A5.jpeg

FFC8978E-73CC-4710-8772-5258018DE445.jpeg

There's a guy on another thread that said he handcuffed his arm to his leg! 🤪 He didn't mention anything about the other arm, maybe he's a side sleeper. I'd still have to put my other arm under arrest some how.

Those are definitely some nicer pics using @jimcraig152 advice. Looking at your previous pics where you were trying to do a version of what I was describing, I'll hold the phone behind and facing my head so its pretty close and I get some great shots that way, but its pretty contorted.

Your donor looks great, once the blood spots fall off its going to be hard to tell anything has been done. Looks like you are going to have the freedom to buzz it down real close on the sides if you want

2 hours ago, jimcraig152 said:

Aside from those red spots, I can see your donor area look as untouched as a Southern Belle on her wedding night. Good lord, Konior is a master!

What are those red spots? Pimples? Or extractions that probably bled more than the others?

Hey, what red spots are you asking  about 🤔 

21 minutes ago, MagnificentAl said:

Are those not my donor harvested red dots? I do have some acne around the back of my ear.

They probably have something to do with your donor being harvested yes, not that I am insinuating it’s anything to be of concern . . Rather it was in bemusement of you being seemingly unaware of what the previous poster was referring to, as they stand out quite obviously in your pics 😊