Dr. Konior 1600ish graft Session 10/07/20 28yr old

Did you ever experience any pain or discomfort in your donor area? Any intense burrowing sensation at all as the nerve endings reconnect? I am guessing no or not much as you have not mentioned it.

Also, I think you've reached the bottom depths of the ugly duckling stage and you did so quickly. You'll probably be there for another month before you start to rebound. So for Thanksgiving, might just go with a zero fade hairdo.

1 hour ago, jimcraig152 said:

Did you ever experience any pain or discomfort in your donor area? Any intense burrowing sensation at all as the nerve endings reconnect? I am guessing no or not much as you have not mentioned it.

Also, I think you've reached the bottom depths of the ugly duckling stage and you did so quickly. You'll probably be there for another month before you start to rebound. So for Thanksgiving, might just go with a zero fade hairdo.

Nope! Absolutely, zero pain. It did feel like tingling, but that was during the first few days after the procedure. Lately, I sometimes feel like my grafted area feels itchy. Did that also happened to you?

Regarding timing, unfortunately I was not able to plan it like how I wanted (this was the soonest I could be seen as Konior has a long waitlist). Every January we had a company kickoff, where the company would fly us all out. Which would be around 4 months in for me. Thankfully or rather unfortunately due to covid that will be canceled. Unsure how long I can go with the beanie on during zoom meetings.  I feel like I got my ugly stage fast and hard 😂 

I envy you bro hahah. Your growth starting to trend upwards!!

Edited by MagnificentAl

Konior is the "Ip Man" of surigical hair restoration; the sifu of Bruce Lee himself. It was a rhetorical question. Your donor area never looked painful at all. My recipient had a feeling of pressure pushing from the skull through the scalp around the 2nd month. It would last for 2 hours or so around the evening time, then went away, then would repeat the next day. It was like I could feel the grafts pushing through the skin.

As for the envy thing, I'll trade you my early progress for Konior's work. Deal? LoLoL!

• Like 1

• Administrators

Your hair is gonna look amazing once this is all said and done. The wait is the hardest. By the time you know it, you’ll start seeing hair, and then boom off to the races.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Your hair is gonna look amazing once this is all said and done. The wait is the hardest. By the time you know it, you’ll start seeing hair, and then boom off to the races.

Thanks man, I’ve been spending some time reading other people’s journeys to not get discouraged.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, MagnificentAl said:

Thanks man, I’ve been spending some time reading other people’s journeys to not get discouraged.

Truthfully, you won't know what your results will look like till you get about 8 months, and even then the results will continue to improve to 18 months. There has been an alarming trend of some on the forum discussing results at 4,5,6 months as being the final result. That is a dangerous way to think, the timeframe of a hair transplant is 12 months for a reason. So even if the result doesn't look what you desire at let's say 6 months, just know that it will look vastly different in another 6 months. Patience is the hardest thing, the research is easy, but the waiting game, that is tough. Everything looks right on point, so I have no doubt it will be a homerun.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

It is safe to shave your head completely now.  I think 3 or maybe 4 weeks post op is the recommendation but I'm sure you can check the instructions they hand out.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

6 minutes ago, jimcraig152 said:

You know what else I've noticed? You have zero redness in the recipient area. Can any other Konior patients chime in if this was the case for them in the 2nd month? Or is @MagnificentAl a unique case?

Mine wasnt too red, but had a noticeabley different shade.  However, it was not as bad as expected.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

Mine wasnt too red, but had a noticeabley different shade.  However, it was not as bad as expected.

Redness is dependent on skin tone, for example @HTREGRETS who went to Cooley was considerably red in the first few weeks. I had zero redness from the start. The difference is I have an olive complexion and HT is blonde and fair. 

View my thread

1 minute ago, MagnificentAl said:

Random, but I’m sure many of you guys went through this, but how are you all that are single going on about dating?

I waitied until it had grown tbh

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, 1978matt said:

I waitied until it had grown tbh

I did have FUT though.  Hard to conceal the scar in the first 4-6 months, other than with a bad haircut.  You should be able to get away with it with FUE though.

Two very good points. Redness and some holdover grafts gave me an appearance of a hairline early on.

As for dating, luckily I have some return customers to hold me over. I am going to wait for the hair to get to styling length in my case though. I have to conceal the cornrows. Sucks because, I have a lady in waiting that keeps telling me to come see her.

IMG_2527.PNG.64deaf1458f69d2d670c9971e7fa3ad0.PNG

• Like 1

• Administrators

Check out this thread it’s a good read 

• Thanks 1

View my thread

• Administrators

By the way @Mycroft is our regional dating app expert. I think this is a good topic to discuss. Hopefully he chimes in.

View my thread

20 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Truthfully, you won't know what your results will look like till you get about 8 months, and even then the results will continue to improve to 18 months. There has been an alarming trend of some on the forum discussing results at 4,5,6 months as being the final result. That is a dangerous way to think, the timeframe of a hair transplant is 12 months for a reason. So even if the result doesn't look what you desire at let's say 6 months, just know that it will look vastly different in another 6 months. Patience is the hardest thing, the research is easy, but the waiting game, that is tough. Everything looks right on point, so I have no doubt it will be a homerun.

This is a very true statement. Everyone knows a year is the minimum but I think few really believe it. Everyone thinks they'll start growing at 4 months and will have full density by 6-7 months. This MAY happen to certain individuals but it shouldn't be expected as the norm. It can even vary by subsequent transplants on the same patient. I'm actually an example of that. I grew very quickly for my second transplant with Dr. Diep. Honestly, seemed most grafts grew to terminal status by 5-6 months. I'm sure there was more maturing but it wasn't noticeable after that. With my most recent transplant with Dr. Konior I just now reached 8 months and finally have acceptable density with still a great deal of fine hairs that need to mature. I was a bit taken back by how different the growth rates have been but it seems like Konior's grafts come in slower and mature from 7-18 months. @MagnificentAl Just don't get discouraged if you're not growing as fast as some others are. You will have a fantastic result as you've chosen the very best in the industry. My guess for why Konior's is growing differently is because is Konior uses smaller punches. His attention to detail is why his donors look pristine. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

So Dr. Konior only extracted from the right and back side of your donor, and didn't touch the left? Is it at all noticeable to you? I'd guess not given your personal situation (strong donor, good hair characteristics). Still, if I were paying that much, and given that Dr. Konior receives so much praise over here, I would have expected him to spread the extractions across the entire ~safe~ donor area by default.

• Confused 1

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, giegnosiganoe said:

So Dr. Konior only extracted from the right and back side of your donor, and didn't touch the left? Is it at all noticeable to you? I'd guess not given your personal situation (strong donor, good hair characteristics). Still, if I were paying that much, and given that Dr. Konior receives so much praise over here, I would have expected him to spread the extractions across the entire ~safe~ donor area by default.

Stop listening to the so-called industry standard “experts” on this forum who’ve only been here for a few months. 

FUE by nature causes sub-dermal scarring, that will make further extractions/surgeries more difficult. For this reason, some surgeons preserve a section of the donor, so that future procedures can be done optimally.

I believe @1978matt had a section of his donor preserved, so that he can still get another strip in the future, without any sub-dermal scarring or depletion. In other words, he still has pristine hair for a future strip. Just because you don’t see scarring with FUE does not mean, there isn’t scarring below the surface of the skin. 

• Like 3

View my thread

2 hours ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Where did you surmise that he only extracted from the back and one side? I'm fairly certain Dr Konior extracted uniformly throughout this patient's entire donor area. The most important aspect is that we can't actually tell from looking at his donor. The extractions are imperceptible.  Hopefully @MagnificentAlcan clarify. Despite what you may have read here or from other threads on this forum, extraction from only one area thereby leaving other areas untouched for future procedures is not industry standard. In fact, each case is unique and as such, a competent surgeon extracts in a manner to show the least visible signs of graft removal. It's just plan inaccurate to suggest otherwise. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts