Best FUE surgeon anywhere in the world for Norwood Grade IV

JamesSterling

33 minutes ago, transplantedphil said:

Bernstein apparently uses artas for FUE (on his website) which most would argue to avoid. 

Konior is more conservative (and more expensive) than Hattingen, although the FUE work ive seen from both clinics looks top notch. I think there are laws in Germany preventing Hattigen from showing patient results which means your research might be limited.

Admittedly your final list is a bit strange because all clinics are probably better known for their FUT skills. I guess it would be good to consult with them all.

Good luck

Thank you. So for FUE who would you be suggesting?

On 9/11/2020 at 8:48 PM, transplantedphil said:

spanish footballers i think.

I never gave Cuoto any consideration because of the lack of patient postings.

I guess you might be right... famous footballers and high profile patients should be most of his patients since there are not that many actual patient reviews around... but I dont see all those famous people posting their cases on Forums... I would presume they want it to be a secret 🤫

However, there are exceptions. I have followed Dr Couto (and all Spain-Europe based Doctors) for a long time and certainly he has done several famous footballers, at least I´m almost certain about 4 of them from what I have read on different Forums (but I´m sure there should be a lot more than 4) 

For example, Javier Farinos, had his HT several years ago. This footballer didnt care his procedure was public and even took a photo with Dr Couto ... he posted his process on an online Spanish Foro "Foro Recuperar el Pelo".

And the result, well, just see for yourselves:

1712004251_FarinosDrJuanCouto.png.87ef333a3f20ed554a1bdac89b8bd201.png

Video - Before Hair transplant with Dr Juan Couto at FUExpert Clinic
Video - After Hair Transplant with Dr Juan Couto att FUExpert Clinic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eod0qj2oGQ&t=25s

Edited by OliverAtom
  • Like 1

James I have the same situation as yours - Norwood 4 and willing to travel and pay whatever it takes for the best procedure. Spending some time on here I was hoping to find a good clinic in Turkey that could great work for a decent price, but after reading through all the forums it sounds like Konior and Hassan are the best options. I've requested consults with both. Curious to know who you end up landing on. Also if anyone knows just how long the waiting list is for Konior or Hassan would love to know - though I should find out later this week.

16 hours ago, ManeMan said:

James I have the same situation as yours - Norwood 4 and willing to travel and pay whatever it takes for the best procedure. Spending some time on here I was hoping to find a good clinic in Turkey that could great work for a decent price, but after reading through all the forums it sounds like Konior and Hassan are the best options. I've requested consults with both. Curious to know who you end up landing on. Also if anyone knows just how long the waiting list is for Konior or Hassan would love to know - though I should find out later this week.

I was thinking of Turkey initially, thinking it was a centre of excellence in HT. But I went there on holiday and realised it was basically cost driven. My interactions with clinics there was not encouraging at all. Think I'm down to Konior (based on reputation), Hattigen (who impressed) or H&W (who I don't know). But tending to favour Konior. But still deliberating.

23 hours ago, OliverAtom said:
I guess you might be right... famous footballers and high profile patients should be most of his patients since there are not that many actual patient reviews around... but I dont see all those famous people posting their cases on Forums... I would presume they want it to be a secret 🤫

However, there are exceptions. I have followed Dr Couto (and all Spain-Europe based Doctors) for a long time and certainly he has done several famous footballers, at least I´m almost certain about 4 of them from what I have read on different Forums (but I´m sure there should be a lot more than 4) 

For example, Javier Farinos, had his HT several years ago. This footballer didnt care his procedure was public and even took a photo with Dr Couto ... he posted his process on an online Spanish Foro "Foro Recuperar el Pelo".

Did he do Nadal's HT? No idea about football but tennis I follow

No idea who Nadal's surgeon is/was, but his results aren't great IMO. 

I'm not sure whether thats because of a particular hard pattern to treat (pics show diffuse, almost female hair loss pattern) - and even his donor region seems to have thinned quite considerably compared to pics from 10 years ago when he had healthy thick mane of hair!

or whether it was poor surgery. Being spanish and very wealthy, you would have imagined the world would have been his oyster when it came to having his pick of surgeons! 

Edited by Curious25
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, OliverAtom said:

Thanks for the post - first time I've ever seen a pic of Couto too! Good to see the mythical man behind the magic finally! 

@Melvin-Moderator- is there a reason none of the top spanish surgeons are recommended on here? How does the process for doctor selection usually work - fo they approach the forum, or does the forum pitch to them? 

• Administrators

@Curious25

I have two Spanish surgeons on my radar, but it’s a bit difficult for some of these clinics, since there’s a language barrier at times. The two on my list are Cuoto and Ximena Vila.

Honestly, things have been so hectic and given the pandemic, I don’t think it’s a good time to reach out yet. It would be pointless to reach out to these clinics, if most of our members couldn’t go anyway, until international travel ban is lifted.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, transplantedphil said:

It does give patients an adequate amount of time to properly research them though ...

They could do that now, those are two names definitely worth researching. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

13 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

@Curious25

I have two Spanish surgeons on my radar, but it’s a bit difficult for some of these clinics, since there’s a language barrier at times. The two on my list are Cuoto and Ximena Vila.

Honestly, things have been so hectic and given the pandemic, I don’t think it’s a good time to reach out yet. It would be pointless to reach out to these clinics, if most of our members couldn’t go anyway, until international travel ban is lifted.

Melvin - and why not Lorenzo?

14 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Thanks for the post - first time I've ever seen a pic of Couto too! Good to see the mythical man behind the magic finally! 

@Melvin-Moderator- is there a reason none of the top spanish surgeons are recommended on here? How does the process for doctor selection usually work - fo they approach the forum, or does the forum pitch to them? 

Good questions... How does the selection process work? Do any clinics pay to be recommended? Or pay to be part of the panel or forum?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, JamesSterling said:

Good questions... How does the selection process work? Do any clinics pay to be recommended? Or pay to be part of the panel or forum?

Below is how the selection process works.  Yes, all of our recommendations sponsor the cost of running the forum, that’s how we can operate with zero pop-ups, or ads. 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/our-hair-restoration-physicians.asp

View my thread

59 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Below is how the selection process works.  Yes, all of our recommendations sponsor the cost of running the forum, that’s how we can operate with zero pop-ups, or ads. 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/our-hair-restoration-physicians.asp

Thanks. Do you disclose what the monthly fee is (paid by the clinic)? 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, JamesSterling said:

Thanks. Do you disclose what the monthly fee is (paid by the clinic)? 

No, we do not discuss fees. 

View my thread

On 9/15/2020 at 1:54 PM, JamesSterling said:

I was thinking of Turkey initially, thinking it was a centre of excellence in HT. But I went there on holiday and realised it was basically cost driven. My interactions with clinics there was not encouraging at all. Think I'm down to Konior (based on reputation), Hattigen (who impressed) or H&W (who I don't know). But tending to favour Konior. But still deliberating.

Yeah - seems Turkey is sketchy.

Have you gotten a sense of how long the waitlist is for any of these guys? I sent in the pictures for consult to Konior's clinic and got a quick response from Nadimi with her reco (only said she can probably do at most 2,000 grafts per session but said she would need an in-person consult to know for sure.) She said she's booked out until Feb/March. I asked when Konior is next available and she said to call the office to ask, but it's gotta be a lot longer than that. I was hoping to get it done before end of year if possible, but don't think that's gonna be realistic.

On 9/12/2020 at 4:02 AM, JamesSterling said:

I'm sure it has been covered on this forum many times but which surgeon would you recommend if location and price is not an issue? For Norwood Grade IV, presumably around 4,000 to 4,500 grafts ideally using FUE (FUT doesn't look appealing). I have seen on this forum that Muresanu, Couto, Konior, Keser, Hasson and Lorenzo have been referred to as “super elites”. Is that all of the super elites in the world? What about Robert Bernstein in NYC? Who would you ultimately choose and why? (again ignoring price and location). 

I know they're no longer recommended here but realistically for FUE at this Norwood the only clinics getting anything close to full coverage via FUE are ASMED with Erdogan in Turkey as well as Lorenzo,arguably Couto although he tends to operate on patients without that level of loss and has at least 3 years on his waiting list. Bernstein is what I would consider to be part of an older, more conservative generation of surgeons that ultimately don't hold up to that present elite despite being important to the industries development.  

If you're a genuine NW6 your best bet would likely be to avoid FUE altogether and consider Hasson or Muresanu with FUT. Its simply the better procedure for high NWs. You mentioned Couto's price as being high, Konior is $12 USD per graft and despite being one of the best surgeons globally I can't see any universe in which its sensible for a NW6 to consider him unless they have unlimited or practically unlimted funds. If you can afford to go with Konior without giving up other material desires then I probably would however. 

My main recommendations would be Hasson/Wong and go FUT, if you go the FUE route then likely Erdogan or Lorenzo.

On 9/15/2020 at 11:13 PM, JamesSterling said:

Did he do Nadal's HT? No idea about football but tennis I follow

Rumors are that Nadal, the tennis player, went to a renown clinic called "Clinica Menorca" in Madrid (a Clinic attended by famous people) which in my opinion was a poor choice. The problem I see is that Nadal himself didnt do the research and had somebody else pick the clinic when this is such an important decision...

Another famous footballer fixed by Dr Couto is Diego Lopez. In his prime he used to play for Real Madrid, Milan and the Spanish National team ...

1140663115_DiegoLopezHairTransplantbyDrJuanCoutoinMadridSpain.jpg.08f1c46775bc372242f036f46e6a1c2e.jpg

NW 6 via FUE is very much a viable and safe option  nowadays once combined with BHT and is performed by a clinic who day in day out perform BHT as part of their Hair restoration solution for higher Norwoods...with great success 

Erdogan shouldn't ever be recommended above Eugenix for restoring NW6 or above ...the dogs on the street know this ..you very rarely see the use of more than 5500 grafts from this clinic and even more rare the use of Beard grafts ..if ever ..

H&W FUT  and Eugenix are the only shows in town if you prefer AMAP one pass strategy for aggressive high NWs ...

Z

Edited by Zoomster
Update
  • Like 1

• Administrators
4 hours ago, OliverAtom said:

Rumors are that Nadal, the tennis player, went to a renown clinic called "Clinica Menorca" in Madrid (a Clinic attended by famous people) which in my opinion was a poor choice. The problem I see is that Nadal himself didnt do the research and had somebody else pick the clinic when this is such an important decision...

Another famous footballer fixed by Dr Couto is Diego Lopez. In his prime he used to play for Real Madrid, Milan and the Spanish National team ...

1140663115_DiegoLopezHairTransplantbyDrJuanCoutoinMadridSpain.jpg.08f1c46775bc372242f036f46e6a1c2e.jpg

Diego Lopez is impressive, but how do you know it’s Cuoto? The only reason we know Conte went to a certain clinic in Canada, is because one of their reps has their avatar with him in it. If there’s proof that he did Diego, then I’m amazed, I really am.

• Like 1

View my thread