Looking for Best option for my HT

Hi, new poster here.

I am about Norwood 5 stage, thin hair on scalp (pic attached). I've visited multiple (approx 5) HT doctors in Canada which most said I would be able to get a transplant done of about 5000 grafts.

I am looking to travel to Turkey and have talked to and they mostly said roughly 5000 grafts for first operation and then I would most likely have to come for a second operation in the future:

- Hair of Istanbul

- Asmed

- Longevita

- HLC

I am asking for advice on which clinic in Turkey would be best suited for my hair loss type? Especially if you have similar hair fall as me.

Thanks!

79323303_607462046690072_5765069837608943616_n.png

78729146_2573964212681127_1419709368202428416_n(1).jpg

You have experienced quite a significant amount of loss.

How old are you?

Its good that you are aware that a further procedure will most likely be necessary. Realistic expectations are essential. If you have visited 5 clinics in Canada, depending who they were, I hope that you have been sufficiently educated on what can be achieved, the need for a conservative hairline etc... If they have, and you have taken it on board, please be cautious in Turkey with some of your considerations.

What have your consultation commented in regards to your donor density? Have they stated the area of coverage necessary/loss?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

@kingk I have had a HT in Turkey and you should be aware that Turkey is the world capital of botched hair transplants. 

Your list makes no sense to me because you are trying to compare 2 low cost hairmills with a tech run surgery at Asmed and then you include HLC which is a clinic where the surgery is totally performed by a Doctor using stick&place and therefore it’s in a whole different league.

Obviously just like @Sam818 already advised you I will also have to say that out of your list I can only recommend HLC.
If you really want to have your surgery in Turkey then also talk with Dr. Pekiner (2.15€/graft) but I advise you to broaden your horizons and speak with @Dr. Bruno Ferreira (2.5€/graft)

Edited by Portugal25

On 2/21/2020 at 5:14 PM, Raphael84 said:

You have experienced quite a significant amount of loss.

How old are you?

Its good that you are aware that a further procedure will most likely be necessary. Realistic expectations are essential. If you have visited 5 clinics in Canada, depending who they were, I hope that you have been sufficiently educated on what can be achieved, the need for a conservative hairline etc... If they have, and you have taken it on board, please be cautious in Turkey with some of your considerations.

What have your consultation commented in regards to your donor density? Have they stated the area of coverage necessary/loss?

27 yo.

Most clinics I visited in person in Canada said I could get about 5000 grafts w an average density of about 40/cm^2. I've also consulted multiple clinics in Turkey, what are some cautions you are speaking of?

Most clinics stated I have above average donor density. How does my density appear on the photos?

@kingk

What have the clinics explained that you would likely achieve with 5000 grafts?

A lot can be achieved with 5000 grafts, especially with a conservative hairline. 

If you were to roughly measure the top of your head with areas of loss, from the furthest part back of the crown, to your hairline. Then the width between the lateral humps, you can calculate a rough area of loss. We all have unique size heads and bone structure, and of course the hairline/the area of loss are not perfectly square/rectangle, but the area may be 17cm x 15cm = 255cm2. Lets call it 250cm2. 

5000 grafts / 250cm2 = an average density of 20cm2.

An area of 200cm2 = an average density of 25cm2.

Of course, your hairline restoration would have a significant higher density than your midscalp/vertex. 

You are 27, Im not sure if you are using hair loss preventative medication. If not, you may lose further hair and your lateral humps and crown/lower crown may drop further. This is something important to be aware of considering your age.

Your donor appears to show some thinning in the nape, retrograde alopecia. I would not be able to estimate density. Where you given any numbers regarding density from your previous consultations?

Some of the clinics that you have mentioned have a "sketchy" reputation at best as @Portugal25 has already mentioned. These are the cautions that I speak of. You are a young guy, with significant loss, but as long as your donor has no issues with density/ follicular groupings or miniaturisation, there is no reason why you can not achieve a great result. Expectations must be realistic. 

Most patients can not safely reach 5000 scalp grafts in one procedure. If this is your intention and the intention of said Turkish clinics, again be careful.

I edited my initial post regarding your donor as @1978mattcorrectly highlighted some thinning in the lower part of your donor. 

Edited by Raphael84

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

You will probably lose more hair and run the risk of exposing FUE scars, especially if extractions are outside the safe zone.

I would advise trying medications for a year to see if you can slow things down.  It looks like you may end up NW6 or 7 and there looks like thinning in the nape area.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Definitely get on meds for minimum of 12 months and see if can stabilize loss.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 2/21/2020 at 5:59 PM, Portugal25 said:

@kingk I have had a HT in Turkey and you should be aware that Turkey is the world capital of botched hair transplants. 

Your list makes no sense to me because you are trying to compare 2 low cost hairmills with a tech run surgery at Asmed and then you include HLC which is a clinic where the surgery is totally performed by a Doctor using stick&place and therefore it’s in a whole different league.

Obviously just like @Sam818 already advised you I will also have to say that out of your list I can only recommend HLC.
If you really want to have your surgery in Turkey then also talk with Dr. Pekiner (2.15€/graft) but I advise you to broaden your horizons and speak with @Dr. Bruno Ferreira (2.5€/graft)

Which countries are best for Hair transplant considering cost? If the doctor has good reviews, visible results and is performing the operation with a team of people, does this mean there are credible and trustworthy? I'm asking for advice on how to go about my search for a suitable doctor as I've been talking to multiple clinics around the world and most of them are saying the same thing in terms of achieving about 4500 to 5500 grafts.

17 minutes ago, kingk said:

Which countries are best for Hair transplant considering cost? If the doctor has good reviews, visible results and is performing the operation with a team of people, does this mean there are credible and trustworthy? I'm asking for advice on how to go about my search for a suitable doctor as I've been talking to multiple clinics around the world and most of them are saying the same thing in terms of achieving about 4500 to 5500 grafts.

@kingk I was asking the same question last year and came to the conclusion that I should find a doctor that is doing the whole surgery (with the assistance of his team) and has real patient posting great results. I had a budget so I had find a affordable Doctor but I didn’t want to comprise on quality results. 
I found that @Dr. Bruno Ferreira, HLC, Dr. Pekiner and Dr. Arika were doing highly skilled surgeries and getting great results at very affordable prices. 
Dr. Arika (1.8€/graft) at Eugenix is considered the best in the world for mega sessions +7000 grafts (using beard grafts). With Eugenix you could get great density with just 1 surgery (the other Docs I recommend might suggest splitting your case in 2 surgeries).

I chose Dr. Pekiner because of many real patients posting great results with +1500 beard grafts. 

Edited by Portugal25

On 2/25/2020 at 2:45 PM, Raphael84 said:

@kingk

What have the clinics explained that you would likely achieve with 5000 grafts?

A lot can be achieved with 5000 grafts, especially with a conservative hairline. 

If you were to roughly measure the top of your head with areas of loss, from the furthest part back of the crown, to your hairline. Then the width between the lateral humps, you can calculate a rough area of loss. We all have unique size heads and bone structure, and of course the hairline/the area of loss are not perfectly square/rectangle, but the area may be 17cm x 15cm = 255cm2. Lets call it 250cm2. 

5000 grafts / 250cm2 = an average density of 20cm2.

An area of 200cm2 = an average density of 25cm2.

Of course, your hairline restoration would have a significant higher density than your midscalp/vertex. 

You are 27, Im not sure if you are using hair loss preventative medication. If not, you may lose further hair and your lateral humps and crown/lower crown may drop further. This is something important to be aware of considering your age.

Your donor appears to show some thinning in the nape, retrograde alopecia. I would not be able to estimate density. Where you given any numbers regarding density from your previous consultations?

Some of the clinics that you have mentioned have a "sketchy" reputation at best as @Portugal25 has already mentioned. These are the cautions that I speak of. You are a young guy, with significant loss, but as long as your donor has no issues with density/ follicular groupings or miniaturisation, there is no reason why you can not achieve a great result. Expectations must be realistic. 

Most patients can not safely reach 5000 scalp grafts in one procedure. If this is your intention and the intention of said Turkish clinics, again be careful.

I edited my initial post regarding your donor as @1978mattcorrectly highlighted some thinning in the lower part of your donor. 

Clinics have said I could get about 70% coverage with 5000 grafts on first session and then more density in second session.

I am on finasteride for 3 months now.

Average density of about 40grafts/cm^2 can be achieved but Isn't every patient different so how could a clinic give an estimation of how you'll look in the future?

I am doing more research on different clinics but if the doctor is leading the surgery and shows good results from other patients and has good reviews online, is this not enough to see if they are credible?

Whats the average amount of grafts a patient can receive in one session without over harvesting? I'm not expecting a full head of hair but at least enough coverage so my scalp doesn't show so much. Maybe SMP tattoos are an option with a transplant in the future?

Most doctors have said I got good donor hair.

@kingk.. In my view your tailor made for 1 mega session with Dr Arika at Eugenix.

Why on earth commit to 2 recoveries both emotional and physical when you can knock it out of the park in one go for the same financial investment... 7K graft procedure in India or a 5k and 12 month later circa 2 K procedure with any of the other scenarios you've mentioned be it Canada or Turkey 

It's a no brainer... I'm saying this as your Doner is perfectly suitable for a graft count procedure very similar to mine 

I hád 5600 scalp and 1400 beard grafts extracted over 3 days 21 to 23 Dec 2019

I would give the same advice to any 5 and above Norwood with acceptable donor.. 

You need to seek out a  clinic that performs and what's more relishes mega session procedures on a daily basis..

That clinic is located in Delhi 

Its name is Eugenix.....

Over tó you and Best of luck 

Z

2 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

@kingk I was asking the same question last year and came to the conclusion that I should find a doctor that is doing the whole surgery (with the assistance of his team) and has real patient posting great results. I had a budget so I had find a affordable Doctor but I didn’t want to comprise on quality results. 
I found that @Dr. Bruno Ferreira, HLC, Dr. Pekiner and Dr. Arika were doing highly skilled surgeries and getting great results at very affordable prices. 
Dr. Arika (1.8€/graft) at Eugenix is considered the best in the world for mega sessions +7000 grafts (using beard grafts). With Eugenix you could get great density with just 1 surgery (the other Docs I recommend might suggest splitting your case in 2 surgeries).

I chose Dr. Pekiner because of many real patients posting great results with +1500 beard grafts. 

Hmm, I don't know if I want to do a transplant with hair from my beard because I can't really grow it out. By the looks of my donor hair, do you think my hair grafts + beard grafts is the best option?

No need to use beard grafts at first, you can easily get 4000-5000 grafts done from your donor, the results might be enough for you to not consider a second hair transplant, I would also consider Demirsoy, imo he is one of the most consistent doctors out there, he has a lot of results posted on the forum, he does everything in 1 day too.

1 hour ago, Zoomster said:

@kingk.. In my view your tailor made for 1 mega session with Dr Arika at Eugenix.

Why on earth commit to 2 recoveries both emotional and physical when you can knock it out of the park in one go for the same financial investment... 7K graft procedure in India or a 5k and 12 month later circa 2 K procedure with any of the other scenarios you've mentioned be it Canada or Turkey 

It's a no brainer... I'm saying this as your Doner is perfectly suitable for a graft count procedure very similar to mine 

I hád 5600 scalp and 1400 beard grafts extracted over 3 days 21 to 23 Dec 2019

I would give the same advice to any 5 and above Norwood with acceptable donor.. 

You need to seek out a  clinic that performs and what's more relishes mega session procedures on a daily basis..

That clinic is located in Delhi 

Its name is Eugenix.....

Over tó you and Best of luck 

Z

Would you be comfortable showing me your result? Whether its publicly or privately.

Sure... I'll be posting a 3month update in a coupe of weeks but in the meantime you can see how I got on with my recent posts "7000 grafts Eugenix 21 to 23 Dec 2019" from a couple of days ago. 

Z

kingk, I also see some retro-alopecia and IMHO, it's imperative to have your donor area examined microscopically to see if there is hair affected by DHT.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

As some of guys above mentioned your list doesn't make sense. Always think of spending as much money as you could possibly afford on HT and never go cheap. It's not as simple as buying a car. You can't sell it/replace it if you don't like it! You have one head and one chance to really make it or break it. Donor are is extremely finite. Think about how normal Turkish clinic would do their OP. They need 3000 grafts. They extract 5000. Why? Because they're doing it carelessly, with speed (as they have other people waiting in line to be in that chair!) and destroy grafts while extracting. They see it's damaged, they jut discard and extract another one. For them "it's fine I'll just extract another one", but for you it's 1 more graft that could grow, whether it's donor or recipient area.

Don't rush and do your due diligence if you don't want to be the next guy with no growth and destroyed donor FOR LIFE with no options than wearing a hat.

I personally had HT done in Portugal with Dr. Bruno Ferreira (you can check up my thread on this forum). If you can afford HLC, you could very well afford other top-notch doctors in other countries and forget about 1€/graft clinics.

Good luck!

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

• Administrators

It seems to be the same story time and time again. Where can I go for the cheapest surgery? Instead of what doctor gets the best results? You're asking the wrong questions. I think Dr. Bisnaga's clinic in Athens is on par with a lot of the low-cost clinics in Turkey, I would go to him 100x more than anyone on your list. Just my own opinion. People have said i'm biased to surgeon that are recommended, but that's not true.

I would also recommend Dr. Ferreira, and Dr. Muresanu, both of whom aren't recommended, they are doing good work. In my opinion, you are better off going the strip route and going to someone like Dr. Muresanu or Hasson and Wong and then finishing off with FUE. If you choose to stick with FUE, I don't think there is a clinic with as many Norwood 6 and above transformations as Eugenix. Definitely take your time and look up real patient reviews on our forum- this is invaluable for research.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.