3175 Grafts Doctor Cinik- Norwood 3

Blackweasel

2 minutes ago, duchaine said:

@Blackweasel  just wondering why you had HT before take these medications.
Considering you are growing hair beyond your hairline, I suppose you could get your native hair just using this "extreme" hair loss treatment.

Its close to impossible to regain temples.

They are the hardest to re gain. Even people on full trans hrt regimen with big Estrogen doses and oral spiro, cypro etc hardly ever get temples back, this is why I decided to restore frontal with FUE and use meds for mid scalp and vertex. I have gone this route because I cannot wait any longer, im 25 and hairloss has dominated my life for a long time so if im lucky and get the vertex to fill in ill have decent hair. Thats all i really want, to be me again. Ill do body hair to crown FUE if this doesnt work, but im not looking forward to that at all. Hopefully ill get some native hair come back at front too will make it extra thick. Just wishful thinking at this point.

Just now, Blackweasel said:

Its close to impossible to regain temples.

They are the hardest to re gain. Even people on full trans hrt regimen with big Estrogen doses and oral spiro, cypro etc hardly ever get temples back, this is why I decided to restore frontal with FUE and use meds for mid scalp and vertex. I have gone this route because I cannot wait any longer, im 25 and hairloss has dominated my life for a long time so if im lucky and get the vertex to fill in ill have decent hair. Thats all i really want, to be me again. Ill do body hair to crown FUE if this doesnt work, but im not looking forward to that at all. Hopefully ill get some native hair come back at front too will make it extra thick. Just wishful thinking at this point.

I agree for temples but you got Ht in the middle scalp too and I can swear you could recover with medication, especially considered that you are not afraid to be such extreme 

Just now, duchaine said:

I agree for temples but you got Ht in the middle scalp too and I can swear you could recover with medication, especially considered that you are not afraid to be such extreme 

Yeah most of the procedure was around the frontal. But yes some on middle scalp. Im an extremist by nature and want to get the most out of everything. This will eventually kill me... but its how I am. It had led to great wins and lossess in my life. 

Attached image is of my HT. In middle scalp there isnt any dense packing but yes some grafts were put there. I dont know the thought of re gaining hair through meds is still a little abstract and hard to gauge for me, hence why am going hard to see if possible...hopefully in few months everything will come together and I will stop wearing the dreaded cap that I hate so so much. 

8F7B18E8-EE5D-44AA-ADEF-28D4C2981D67.png

25 minutes ago, nightcrawler said:

Please keep in mind that a higher dose does not mean that the effect is better/higher, especially when combining DHT inhibitors. On the other hand the chance to get negative side effects could increase.

Take care of you!

Hey Nightcrawler,

Thanks for your message,

The effect im after is nuking DHT at its root so none binds to AR. Ive seen some great results with 0.5mg dutasteride a day and im still far off that dosage. 2.5 mg fin is not as effective as 0.5 dutasteride by a Longshot since Dutasteride blocks both type I and II 5a reductase. I have come to believe that DHT is not good for us at all and should be eradicated it has some negative effects including hirsutism, acne and hairloss. I also suffered with really bad acne theough my teenage years.

Many people are on 5mg daily finasteride for prostate issues so its a common dose too. I understand where you are coming from though. 

The side effects are in our heads. 

8 hours ago, Blackweasel said:

I have come to believe that DHT is not good for us at all and should be eradicated it has some negative effects including hirsutism, acne and hairloss. I also suffered with really bad acne theough my teenage years.

That is the most absurd thing I have read on this forum

Many people are on 5mg daily finasteride for prostate issues so its a common dose too. I understand where you are coming from though. 

Yes men over 50-60 years not 20 year olds

he side effects are in our heads. 

The side effects are real, just because you didn't get them doesn't mean they are placebo and not real, go check your sperm levels, if you are trying to have kids and taking 2.5mg you are going to end up with problems later on with your life 

1 hour ago, Abi28 said:

That is the most absurd thing I have read on this forum

Yes men over 50-60 years not 20 year olds

The side effects are real, just because you didn't get them doesn't mean they are placebo and not real, go check your sperm levels, if you are trying to have kids and taking 2.5mg you are going to end up with problems later on with your life 

You can easily come off Finasteride to concieve. Your body starts producing DHT again. Well no DHT no acne, no hair loss.... I could go without it myself. The fact that youre here means DHT is likely to have effected you negatively too ;)  It is the root of many problems in men.....

26 minutes ago, Blackweasel said:

You can easily come off Finasteride to concieve. Your body starts producing DHT again. Well no DHT no acne, no hair loss.... I could go without it myself. The fact that youre here means DHT is likely to have effected you negatively too ;)  It is the root of many problems in men.....

The funny part is that you think 2.5mg is more effective than 1.mg and what'e even funnier is that you really think men are better without DHT

• Like 1

Just now, Abi28 said:

The funny part is that you think 2.5mg is more effective than 1.mg and what'e even funnier is that you really think men are better without DHT

After puberty DHT serves limited purpose so yes after completing puberty men are better without DHT.  

Well if im so wrong and dumb why do so many men block DHT if it is so useful? Why is Finasteride a billion dollar hair loss drug?

Why are we all trying to stop it to keep our hair? DHT ages you in many ways. This is basic science and one of the reasons women live longer, our hormones as men take a toll on our bodies. 

2.5mg blocks a higher percentage vs 1mg and Dutasteride is even better vs 2.5mg finasteride.

Im not here to argue, you do your thing and let me do mine :)  

19 minutes ago, Blackweasel said:

Why are we all trying to stop it to keep our hair? 

Who is we? A lot of people try finasteride and stop because of the side effects, you act like finasteride has no side effects and that it's all in our heads, just because you are not dealing with the side effects doesn't mean others aren't, side effects are real and mentioned on the label (gyno, erectyl disfunction, depression, impotence etc) it's rare but they do happen and a lot of guys here on the forum tried finasteride and stopped because of the sides, the fact that you take more than 1mg means you have a higher chance of having gyno  and PFS (Post-finasteride syndrome) and other serious stuff at a young age.

25 minutes ago, Blackweasel said:

DHT ages you in many ways. This is basic science and one of the reasons women live longer, our hormones as men take a toll on our bodies. 

I guess you found the cure for men to live longer, kudos to you! Lookup how important DHT is 

25 minutes ago, Blackweasel said:

Why is Finasteride a billion dollar hair loss drug?

Unfortunately because it's the only drug that helps hair loss, trust me if there was an alternative Merck would go bankrupt and everyone would stop finasteride, you can look up some of the shady things Merck has been doing.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-courts-secrecy-propecia/

1 minute ago, Abi28 said:

Who is we? A lot of people try finasteride and stop because of the side effects, you act like finasteride has no side effects and that it's all in our heads, just because you are not dealing with the side effects doesn't mean others aren't, side effects are real and mentioned on the label (gyno, erectyl disfunction, depression, impotence etc) it's rare but they do happen and a lot of guys here on the forum tried finasteride and stopped because of the sides, the fact that you take more than 1mg means you have a higher chance of having gyno  and PFS (Post-finasteride syndrome) and other serious stuff at a young age.

I guess you found the cure for men to live longer, kudos to you! Lookup how important DHT is 

Unfortunately because it's the only drug that helps hair loss, trust me if there was an alternative Merck would go bankrupt and everyone would stop finasteride, you can look up some of the shady things Merck has been doing.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-courts-secrecy-propecia/

Very small percentage get side effects. Many people dont. Its a pity some dont take it to save their hair through fear and then live with regrets. Some would also get side effects as placebo is a powerful thing! It does get in your head. 

Hair loss has destroyed countless lives, families and oportunities for people so its got plenty of ‘side effects’ too! DHT is a curse in itself after puberty. If DHT is so important millions of men wouldnt be able to happily live without it. Period. F&$@ DHT. 

I am trying to regrow hair not prevent hair loss, its a whole different ball game and much harder, if I were preventing id be on 1.25mg.

There are people on full trans regimens with Estrogen, spiro and cypro and they still get erections and lead normal lives. I refuse to let fear dominate my life, 2.5mg fina is not significant at all and I need to stick to this mindset. 

1 hour ago, Blackweasel said:

Why are we all trying to stop it to keep our hair? DHT ages you in many ways.

No offend, but this is the greatest bull-shit preudoscientific statement ever heard.
I do not care if you take 100mg fina/daily and not trying to convince you that your decisions are bad. 
@Abi28 tried to explain why you are wrong but he just lost his time.
I just care that many young people come here to get informed and your post can be harmful for many guys.
DHT is involved in neuro-hormeones transmission, tightness of skin, water retention, brain function etc 
All the hormones in your body are directly or indirectly connected each other. 5 AR is not an on/off switch for DHT only because, when DHT declines, other hormones get involved (get bored to go into details of long and short hormonal feedback, but thrust me).
By the other way, to prove how meaningless is your statement, it is enough to say that all the "bad" things related to DHT are not sign of old age in any sense.
Have you ever thought that  ance, hair lose hair etc. start when you are in your late teen?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, duchaine said:

"Hair loss has destroyed countless lives, families"

Never saw a family destroyed just because someone was losing his hair.
Holy shit, try to be a serious. 
Cancer destroy lives and family,  not hair loss.

Do you know how many people commit suicide due to hair loss? Even in the case Finasteride sides and resulting suicide isnt hair loss the reason people were on drugs in the first place? Are you people serious?  

Anyways, my thread, my decisions, my opinions. 

Yes I do believe we are better off blocking DHT after puberty, and you (duchaine) also are on finasteride blocking DHT....I think were going in circles here. 

But the fact that hairloss destroys lives, that we cannot argue. Search online, countless recluses, countless suicides, countless people loosing their confidence, fiances, careers....

This is serious OCD and nothing else.This is an extreme regime you are following and would definitely effect you in many ways ,you can't just live in denial that it doesn't effect you. Yes ,Hair are important ,we all are here for the same thing but they(hair) are not above everything and most sane members here will agree to me with this.

I just had one pill of 1mg fin 10 days ago anf could feel the sides 7 days straight ,so its not all in your head, sides are real. only 2% of men face sides is a mis- leading statement IMO. The % is a lot higher. But boy !! You need to calm down.

I got sides just by reading your regime. JK 😁

49 minutes ago, duchaine said:

No offend, but this is the greatest bull-shit preudoscientific statement ever heard.
I do not care if you take 100mg fina/daily and not trying to convince you that your decisions are bad. 
@Abi28 tried to explain why you are wrong but he just lost his time.
I just care that many young people come here to get informed and your post can be harmful for many guys.
DHT is involved in neuro-hormeones transmission, tightness of skin, water retention, brain function etc 
All the hormones in your body are directly or indirectly connected each other. 5 AR is not an on/off switch for DHT only because, when DHT declines, other hormones get involved (get bored to go into details of long and short hormonal feedback, but thrust me).
By the other way, to prove how meaningless is your statement, it is enough to say that all the "bad" things related to DHT are not sign of old age in any sense.
Have you ever thought that  ance, hair lose hair etc. start when you are in your late teen?

If DHT is so useful, why are you yourself blocking it? If its essential for our brains most of us would be zombies. This is clearly being a hypocrite. 

Also what am i saying to influence young people negatively? I am not forcing anyone to do anything, these are simply my views and my views only. So I dont understand this point either. 5AR yes is essential but DHT is not, if it was you would not be blocking it! We can live without DHT! I am not saying we should block testosterone, that is a different topic altogether!!!

Anyways some links to hairloss and DHT destroying lives (it took 1 min google search to find these) https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/our-son-says-his-hair-loss-has-ruined-his-life-1.3657314%3fmode=amp

https://m.khaleejtimes.com/international/india/27-year-old-man-commits-suicide-due-to-hair-fall

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/SuicideWatch/comments/3ed7qg/suicide_fucking_hair_loss/

https://www.quora.com/Should-I-commit-suicide-for-losing-hair

For all those seemingly amazed at my regimen(?). This attached below is a real hardcore regimen. Please have a read. 

Hes on Estrogen, oral minoxidl, dutasteride, sprio, cypro and doses I wouldnt even dream about taking. He regrew all his hair, but basically chemically castrated himself. 

Have a read at this, and then you know what an extreme regimen is. Again thus far I have 0 sides except minor brain fog which may also be placebo. If I get sides, ill taper down. Simple. 

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/exploring-the-hormonal-route-hair-life.109288/

8 minutes ago, nishchd said:

This is serious OCD and nothing else.This is an extreme regime you are following and would definitely effect you in many ways ,you can't just live in denial that it doesn't effect you. Yes ,Hair are important ,we all are here for the same thing but they(hair) are not above everything and most sane members here will agree to me with this.

I just had one pill of 1mg fin 10 days ago anf could feel the sides 7 days straight ,so its not all in your head, sides are real. only 2% of men face sides is a mis- leading statement IMO. The % is a lot higher. But boy !! You need to calm down.

I got sides just by reading your regime. JK 😁

Ive taken 5mg finasteride a few times and it did not effect me. So should I say I get sides when I dont? Should I lie? I am lost for words at this point. Some people get side effects, others dont! For me before the first time I took fina, it was in my head as I was afraid due to what i was reading. 

Anyways Dutasteride0.5mg, Minoxidlmax topical minox 15%/fina and spiro topical have now arrived and ive started these. I will update with honesty if I get side effects. I have nothing to hide and wish everyone the best on their hair journeys but one last time: F$&k DHT.

2F532EFE-35CF-4D0E-91FB-C4D6E3A925E2.jpeg

2 hours ago, Blackweasel said:

Ive taken 5mg finasteride a few times and it did not effect me. So should I say I get sides when I dont? Should I lie? I am lost for words at this point. Some people get side effects, others dont! For me before the first time I took fina, it was in my head as I was afraid due to what i was reading. 

Anyways Dutasteride0.5mg, Minoxidlmax topical minox 15%/fina and spiro topical have now arrived and ive started these. I will update with honesty if I get side effects. I have nothing to hide and wish everyone the best on their hair journeys but one last time: F$&k DHT.

2F532EFE-35CF-4D0E-91FB-C4D6E3A925E2.jpeg

Where do u get dutasteride from?

Ok.... so back on topic on my journey to try make something out of this semi-bald head. 

I think my treatment is finally showing some more convincing signs. I am using this page as a diary to save my progress. I see many sprouting hairs. Also my balding areas seem to have slightly thicker hair. Following images are a month apart and from the same area which is by far my most bald area.

I keep thinking that DHT labs pro formula shampoo and Nizoral are making big difference for me and aiding my regimen greatly. 

596CC718-DDD0-49E5-A1FA-11630FC1C2C2.jpeg

115EBFCB-B9D8-4BAF-808E-3979CBBCDFFA.jpeg

20 minutes ago, wasteyute said:

Dr Cinik's clinic recommends not to use Minoxidil for 6 months. I still ended up returning to it 2 months post-op, but just an FYI.. I don't think it's an issue, I have no idea why they tell us no Minoxidil for 6 months.

Hey wasteyute,

Yes thats true, I had just gone through massive shedding due to Minoxidl pre op and couldnt afford to stop using. Since others promote its use in HT setting I thought id keep using. It does dry the scalp a little but not stopping now....

Dude I totally get why you are so upset but you are being irrational. Think about what people were telling you about running a cycle at age 18. I'm sure many told you, you were making a huge mistake that you ended up paying for.

Listen to the doctor and let the hair be.